Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

null_pointer posted:

Mental illness is not funny :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh to be young again.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I'd like to make a motion to have the thread name changed to Funny Forum Quotes: Mental Illness Is Not Funny. Any takers?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nah

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Clitch posted:

*clutches at chest*
"Muh 'tism!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Can someone repost the fingerblast story?

:cmon: its the first result on google even without quotes and i use google to search for other stories about fingerblasting a lot, so you know its not the algorithm being biased

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760639#post455134699

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Long Waffle Beard posted:

butthurt over liquor sales

folder posted:

You're supposed to pay with money Jim

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Krankenstyle posted:

:cmon: its the first result on google even without quotes and i use google to search for other stories about fingerblasting a lot, so you know its not the algorithm being biased

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760639#post455134699
Sure the fingernlasting the sock monkey part is bad, but I still kinda smile that someone who worked at PAWS Inc marketing Garfield stuff for SE Asia ended up at SA.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

CannonFodder posted:

Sure the fingernlasting the sock monkey part is bad, but I still kinda smile that someone who worked at PAWS Inc marketing Garfield stuff for SE Asia ended up at SA.

I'm amazed the job exists, but now that I know it does I'd be more surprised if the Muncie-based Garfield marketer to APAC weren't posting

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phy posted:

Flyin' to a country, gonna steal a lot of leeches
Flyin' to a country, gonna steal me a lot of leeches

Leeches come from a pond
Wanted by the demimonde
For phlebotomic joo-obs

And if I had my little way
I'd use leeches every day
Blood-sucking till you turn into corn cobs

Millions of leeches
Leeches for me
Millions of leeches
Leeches for free, LOOK OUT

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
lol my dramaturge trap worked

Somfin posted:

Why do you even post here?

i'm like 60% certain this dude is still carrying a grudge against me from a forum we both used to post in 12 loving years ago. also he's a dramaturge and only exists to be miserable.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I might have missed it, did someone say "more like dramaturd", yet?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
More like dramaturgid

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

More like dramathird

Hey, its me, the third guy making this joke.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i'm like 60% certain this dude is still carrying a grudge against me from a forum we both used to post in 12 loving years ago. also he's a dramaturge and only exists to be miserable.

You should follow him into a theatre and ask him if Hamlet knew Polonius was listening when he gave his "to be or not to be" speech and then, regardless of the answer, whisper "Macbeth" into his ear.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
*kramers into thread* did anyone say dramagirth yet

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

christmas boots posted:

You should follow him into a theatre and ask him if Hamlet knew Polonius was listening when he gave his "to be or not to be" speech and then, regardless of the answer, whisper "Macbeth" into his ear.

imho i think they should update the math to the RENT song since science added extra time to the world.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

imho i think they should update the math to the RENT song since science added extra time to the world.

That song is two thousand years out of date with it's math. 525600 minutes is 365 days, which hasn't been equal to a year since Julius fuckin Caesar. I guess 525,949.2 minutes (which is the approximation that the modern calendar uses) just didn't fit the meter.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

This is a good one to use on the type-B variant thespians who don’t know Shakespeare but live and breathe Broadway.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

More like DRAMAturge then right

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

DontMockMySmock posted:

That song is two thousand years out of date with it's math. 525600 minutes is 365 days, which hasn't been equal to a year since Julius fuckin Caesar. I guess 525,949.2 minutes (which is the approximation that the modern calendar uses) just didn't fit the meter.

this is the poo poo that gives me the most joy, in seeing all those bullshit social media "in class the teacher asked us how long a year is and i knew it cuz drama nerd! lol!" stories. just immense schadenfreud that they don't know what things mean which they learned in a musical theater production.

christmas boots posted:

This is a good one to use on the type-B variant thespians who don’t know Shakespeare but live and breathe Broadway.

(innocently, apropo of nothing, to a group of 20-30 something women who work in offices and live in cities) well they probably don't record or broadcast theatrical productions because there's no demand for them.

(while delivering hawaiian pizza to the musical theater sorority) you know, one of my cousins was at a showing of Hamilton, and she started singing along with everyone on stage, and the actors were so impressed they brought her up on stage. anyway, enjoy your pizza and bagged wine.

PHIZ KALIFA has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Jan 31, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I got the dramaurge to stop this dramadirge

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Somfin posted:

I got the dramaurge to stop this dramadirge

it's a dramatrudge, for sure

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

DontMockMySmock posted:

It's equivalent to some years (most even!), just not the average of a year when taken over a larger span.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The average year when measured for one year is still more than 365 days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not by a clock.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The average year when measured for one year is still more than 365 days.

2018 was about five years long, for instance

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
oh, a clock? a piece of poo poo goodwill rear end 24 hour clock???? are you sure? well poo poo if a fuckin CLOCK says 365 then i guess i'll call those fuckin shutins at NASA and let them know what's up. probably gonna have to make a big ole robot to fly into space to shake its fist at the sun and get our bitch of an earth to conform to the mathematical rigors of a battery operated AM/FM radio alarm clock.

man, phew. THAT was close.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The White Dragon posted:

yoshitaka amano has the right idea where, no matter if he's making fantasy, sci fi, or modern settings, nobody has fashion sense and everyone wears scarves and bandanas and capes and goggles and poo poo like they got fired through a thrift store by catapult and just kept everything that stuck to them

i liked this image

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The song directly rejects the option of using the orbital year, finding it inferior to love.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

So your response to somebody poking fun at you writing fanfiction about a photo that's over a decade old is to write fanfiction about the poster based on offsite forums drama that's over a decade old :thunk:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Guy Mann posted:

So your response to somebody poking fun at you writing fanfiction about a photo that's over a decade old is to write fanfiction about the poster based on offsite forums drama that's over a decade old :thunk:

Nobody cares.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Don't sign your emptyquotes.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Aphrodite posted:

The song directly rejects the option of using the orbital year, finding it inferior to love.

love doesn't have 365 days either, it clearly follows the lunar calendar.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Guy Mann posted:

Don't sign your emptyquotes.

that doesn't even make sense, you suck at this

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I want to write fanfic about everyone who was ever mean to me! That would be hilarious.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I want to write fanfic about everyone who was ever mean to me! That would be hilarious.

Wait till next year. Because it's a leap year. And you'll need all the time you can get. It's topical so... I'm not very good at this.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

that doesn't even make sense, you suck at this

Don't sign your monitor

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Son of Thunderbeast put two fingers to his forehead and telported behind Fleta Mcgurn. "heh, nothing personnel, kid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Son of Thunderbeast put two fingers to his forehead and telported behind Fleta Mcgurn. "heh, nothing personnel, kid"

"You seem to forget, Thunderbeast." Fleta didn't even blink as she unsheathed Masamune, its blade still glistening with the power Sephiroth had imbued it with before giving it to Fleta because she was so awesome and then he totally had sex with Vincent. "I've taught in Asia before. My butthole is inviolable."

Thunderbeast's head snapped up. The air had suddenly changed. "That sound... impossible! It can't be!"

But it wasn't impossible. It was coming.

Megazord.