Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah that's what seems a bit broken, if you make a deal with the mob but then turn on your telepaths and all crime is suddenly crushed with an omnipotent purple fist, why does the mob keep giving you benefits while they're all locked up and/or suppressed? Cutting a deal with the crime lords should provide a hard floor or something, like no matter how much you try it's impossible to get crime below 20% while active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

crime needs another pass. it shouldn't spike so hard in some scenarios and it should be harder to 0%.
I would sure think that they are looking at it while they look at everything else that needs balancing during this post-patch support period that they pledged?

edit: like...isn't crime one of the new mechanics that came with the Le Guin patch/DLC?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

alcaras posted:

The +10 stability from the Deal with Crime Lords doesn’t go away if crime goes to 0.

Yeah, the trick at the start of the game is to immediately fire your enforcer, do a deal with crime lords for +10 stab, then rehire him so you're back at 0 crime. You just spent 25 influence to boost base production on your capital world by 10%.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm thinking the looting abandoned caravan ship event shouldn't be allowed to trigger until after you've made contact with them. :v:

Is there a way to change or reset ascension perks? I looked at fiddling with the save file but it was all compressed or something.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah, the trick at the start of the game is to immediately fire your enforcer, do a deal with crime lords for +10 stab, then rehire him so you're back at 0 crime. You just spent 25 influence to boost base production on your capital world by 10%.

10 stability is 6% production, just fyi. The calc is (stab-50)*0.6.

This is definitely a strong opening, but I'd expect it to get nerfed whenever they flesh out crime stuff better.

Earlier I missed another 5% source: police state.

So you could start with police state+nobles and f.pacifist, make a crime deal right away, and have 85 stability on your homeworld (homeworld gets 5 bonus stab). Plus whatever you get from amenities.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah that's what seems a bit broken, if you make a deal with the mob but then turn on your telepaths and all crime is suddenly crushed with an omnipotent purple fist, why does the mob keep giving you benefits while they're all locked up and/or suppressed?

Jedi mind trick.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I thought those only worked on paradox forums posters.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ZypherIM posted:

10 stability is 6% production, just fyi. The calc is (stab-50)*0.6.

This is definitely a strong opening, but I'd expect it to get nerfed whenever they flesh out crime stuff better.

Earlier I missed another 5% source: police state.

So you could start with police state+nobles and f.pacifist, make a crime deal right away, and have 85 stability on your homeworld (homeworld gets 5 bonus stab). Plus whatever you get from amenities.

Looks like 100% stability is totally doable within 2 years with this.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Endless Space 2 is pretty cheap now, how is it? Should i get it to play while waiting for Stellaris to be good again?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Palemdromes posted:

Endless Space 2 is pretty cheap now, how is it? Should i get it to play while waiting for Stellaris to be good again?

Hey its our resident drive by poo poo poster!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Looks like 100% stability is totally doable within 2 years with this.

I can't stand pacifist, but for a psionics build it has potential.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

ZypherIM posted:

Hey its our resident drive by poo poo poster!

Great post.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Endless Space 2 is good if you like clicking "end turn" and then waiting to do something only to hit "end turn" again. This just goes on and on for many turns.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Endless Space 2 is good if you like clicking "end turn" and then waiting to do something only to hit "end turn" again. This just goes on and on for many turns.

Ah, sounds like Civ but worse. I'll skip it, thanks. Hopefully Paradox gets their rear end in gear soon.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Palemdromes posted:

ES 1 is very fun if you play Horatio.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Poil posted:

Is there a way to change or reset ascension perks? I looked at fiddling with the save file but it was all compressed or something.

You can do it via console. No normal in game way of doing it.

wanna peg trump
Jan 10, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like paradox to revamp leaders in a next DLC to add more depth. It'd be cool if leaders develop their own ambitions, lead rebellions (especially if they lead factions) and poo poo. It'd be cool if generals and admirals could attempt coups, or go rogue and install themselves as dictator of some planet and attempt to secede.

In essence they contribute to deeper internal politics like characters in CK2. Adventurers would also be pretty interesting.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

wanna peg trump posted:

I'd like paradox to revamp leaders in a next DLC to add more depth. It'd be cool if leaders develop their own ambitions, lead rebellions (especially if they lead factions) and poo poo. It'd be cool if generals and admirals could attempt coups, or go rogue and install themselves as dictator of some planet and attempt to secede.

In essence they contribute to deeper internal politics like characters in CK2. Adventurers would also be pretty interesting.

That's a really good idea and would go well with the whole "diplomacy" angle that people are requesting.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Leaders need to go away entirely imho. This is not a character-driven game like CK2, and it shouldn't be changed to be.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fister Roboto posted:

Leaders need to go away entirely imho. This is not a character-driven game like CK2, and it shouldn't be changed to be.

No, to the contrary.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

binge crotching posted:

You can do it via console. No normal in game way of doing it.
How please? I couldn't find a command for it in the wiki.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah Stellaris needs to adopt the Rome system instead.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Martout posted:

As a dev guy what are your feelings about ME's in the new economy? I feel like amenities is a little too tight and pop energy upkeep a bit high which narrows my construction choices more than I like but that might also be by design to balance out ME's being able to colonize everywhere and not having to are about consumer goods/food (my rogue servitors do tho, only the best doodads and soylent for my bio-trophies!)

They feel pretty weak and I would like to buff them. MEs end up super OP next patch.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

pretty shocking that robots are literally underpowered i.e. cant get enough energy

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think the big problem with hive minds and robots is that they just aren’t unique enough. If hive minds couldn’t access trade at all, even internal markets, but used a completely different set of resources I think they’d be much better. They also have too few unique buildings, most of them just being a new name and graphic tacked onto an existing building.

I want laboratories that are giant brains. I want production chains and biomass instead of alloys. One idea I’ve been toying with is for hive minds to have a syncretic evolution type thing going on per default for complex / worker drones but complex drones are built using the robot assembly system. I want hive minds to have stupid growth of regular worker drones and the real limit to their expansion and tech be their ability to produce the brain drones needed to fuel their higher tier economy.

Of course that’s a lot of work on paradox’s end but I think they drove themselves into that corner themselves.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Devouring Swarms being able to adapt traits from pops they eat.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

i've got a mod tabled where devouring swarms have to use 'biomass' to build any ship bigger than a corvette. Biomass is psi-active slurry from sentient life forms. You can make relatively small amounts inefficiently, or get great amounts of it from purging normal sentients.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Wouldn't mind some civic, that makes hive minds work like the Beast in Homeworld: Cataclysm.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Darkrenown posted:

They feel pretty weak and I would like to buff them. MEs end up super OP next patch.

I'm totally okay with this.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I basically want to play as the Reapers from the Mass Effect series

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

i've got a mod tabled where devouring swarms have to use 'biomass' to build any ship bigger than a corvette. Biomass is psi-active slurry from sentient life forms. You can make relatively small amounts inefficiently, or get great amounts of it from purging normal sentients.

So they're Tyranids. I think that's a good idea.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I haven’t played Stellaris for a couple years, and since I started back up it runs slow as gently caress now. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Beta branch patch fixes it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'd say mitigates rather than fixes but it is a substantial improvement

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah it makes the lag death show up later, lateish game instead of midish game for me.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Darkrenown posted:

You want to have a word with Wiz then, as in last week's devclash he claimed the forums were wrong about MEs, as well as habitats. Obviously he's not on the team before, but the chap with him who was appeared to agree.

I think the consensus on habitats was not that they're bad, just that ecus are better and only need one perk. If Master Builders benefited ecus too, that would be positive.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'd like more options to be a friendly Hive Mind. The Hive Mind is just basically one person; so it's gotta blow their mind that they encounter another people and each individual is just as sentient as their whole collective! And they just wanna be friends and live in peace with all these people all at the sametime like they're a pet.

Basically expand and revamp the biological trophy thing.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

So I picked Stellaris back up after a very long time and have been playing round with a mech race of not-quite-the-borg. I'm a bit disappointed how similar they are to a normal playthrough with all the changes especially pop growth. That and I don't really know what i'm doing with planet management anymore? Is there a way to force my cyborgs to do the things they're good at and vice versa. The dumb robots are doing all the tech jobs and the smart cyborgs are breaking rocks :shrug:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'd like more options to be a friendly Hive Mind. The Hive Mind is just basically one person; so it's gotta blow their mind that they encounter another people and each individual is just as sentient as their whole collective! And they just wanna be friends and live in peace with all these people all at the sametime like they're a pet.

Basically expand and revamp the biological trophy thing.

Why'd it blow the hive mind's mind, deviant drones are a thing? It could live in peace with the deviants instead of deploying hunter-killers if it wanted to, too.

Saros posted:

So I picked Stellaris back up after a very long time and have been playing round with a mech race of not-quite-the-borg. I'm a bit disappointed how similar they are to a normal playthrough with all the changes especially pop growth. That and I don't really know what i'm doing with planet management anymore? Is there a way to force my cyborgs to do the things they're good at and vice versa. The dumb robots are doing all the tech jobs and the smart cyborgs are breaking rocks :shrug:

No not really, you can try turning off all jobs and turning them back on and hope they get refilled sensibly but it doesn't really work either.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Saros posted:

They should assign themselves to the most appropriate available job, but if e.g. you only have rock smashing jobs free and you have a free cyborg he will join the rock smashing job. You can temporarily fix a planet by pausing the game, going into the jobs screen, pressing the down arrow on various jobs until all the bad assignments are gone, then pressing up again and they'll fill with the best pops from the pool.

They're going to change the preference system a bit to be a bit different shortly, according to the last dev diary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Staltran posted:

Why'd it blow the hive mind's mind, deviant drones are a thing? It could live in peace with the deviants instead of deploying hunter-killers if it wanted to, too.

We kill cancer cells, but still like cultivating Bacterium for a multitude of reasons up to and including affection.