Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

FilthyImp posted:

Knitters With Attitude

Code Jockey posted:

loving lmao

That's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm convinced they did it not to actually reference AitF, but instead to reference the Simpsons referencing AitF back in the 90s. New Simpsons seems to reference golden era seasons fairly often, and I suspect this is just more of that. They aren't even trying to target nostalgia for AitF, they're just targeting Simpsons nostalgia.

My first thought, so help me, was that they were spoofing Family Guy spoofing AitF

I know that makes no sense because FG's is actually an original song, but that was my impulse

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah but then the old writers wouldn't have put something as stupid as HOMER MAKE FUNNY NOISE!!!! in the script.

Eesh, rewatching it. It's even pretty sad how "dialed in" that modem noise is, and not in a good way. It totally misses out on the BEEEDEEEDEEDOOO~ BWAAA BWAA

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

marktheando posted:

What would it take to put this show out of its misery?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Slightly Absurd posted:

Eesh, rewatching it. It's even pretty sad how "dialed in" that modem noise is, and not in a good way. It totally misses out on the BEEEDEEEDEEDOOO~ BWAAA BWAA

Honestly it doesn't even sound like a modem connecting noise, just random grinding sounds.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Honestly it doesn't even sound like a modem connecting noise, just random grinding sounds.

those "random grinding sounds" are computer signals. Some guys at MIT are sending us reasons why you should subscribe to PewDiePie and beat T-Series

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

:perfect:

AbsurdHeroine
Feb 27, 2007

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

OH, DEAR GOD, NO!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't know what the lowest point of the simpsons is, but this is the highest point of the thread

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

it was so bad. so very, very, very bad.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Sagebrush posted:

i don't know what the lowest point of the simpsons is, but this is the highest point of the thread

i thought it was

al, write a good simpsons
eh, no, peg *flush*

but this is close

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Jurassic Park was 1993, and Itchy and Scratchy Land was 1994, the reference was definitely timely in this example

Westworld is from 1974

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Nonviolent J posted:

That's amazing
eh, Last Man On Earth did it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

emgeejay posted:

eh, Last Man On Earth did it

:rip: :smith:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

Westworld is from 1974

Except that’s a cultural reference as opposed to being out of touch contemporary pop culture like now :nallears:

“loving Citizen Kane movie references, couldnt they come up with some newer jokes??? The rosebud episode is like fifty years late to the punch. And don’t even get me started on all the lame, out of date Godfather references!!!” :mad:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It's been said that you could recreate A Clockwork Orange, scene for scene, using clips from The Simpsons. Again that's a cultural reference though

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

It's been said that you could recreate A Clockwork Orange, scene for scene, using clips from The Simpsons. Again that's a cultural reference though

That's a dumb thing that's been said.

Who could forget that classic Simpsons scene where Bart bludgeons Krabapple to death with a giant dick sculpture?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

PostNouveau posted:

That's a dumb thing that's been said.

Who could forget that classic Simpsons scene where Bart bludgeons Krabapple to death with a giant dick sculpture?

First place my mind went.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Iron Crowned posted:

Citizen Kane not clockwork orange

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm sure there's been a rape scene in one of the 30 seasons

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

They already did A Clockwork Orange though.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Phlegmish posted:

I'm sure there's been a rape scene in one of the 30 seasons

Marge raped Homer when she was into bodybuilding. It was hard to enjoy the rest of the episode after that scene.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
A panda raped Homer as well

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
quagmire murdered the entire simpson family and raped marge

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Calaveron posted:

A panda raped Homer as well

How is this not the lowest point of the...

DoctorGonzo posted:

quagmire murdered the entire simpson family and raped marge

...ah.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SEX BURRITO posted:

Marge raped Homer when she was into bodybuilding. It was hard to enjoy the rest of the episode after that scene.

Didn't Family Guy do this when Lois was an MMA Karate master?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm pretty sure Roger the Alien from American Dad,

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

SEX BURRITO posted:

It was always weird and a bit uncomfortable when Futurama would do obvious fan service and fetish poo poo. But it was a bit more tolerable because the writing was better (I think we can all agree that however you feel about Futurama’s later seasons or how its original run compares to the Golden Years, that its original run was better than Zombie Simpsons) and because, you know, Leela and Amy were already a bit sexualized - and sexual - so it felt less out of place.

Plus, you know, neither Leela nor Amy were based on the creator’s mom.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Peter Griffin was raped by a bull.
Hank Hill was raped by a dolphin.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

homer was raped by a panda

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Lisa needs braces

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It was always weird and a bit uncomfortable when Futurama would do obvious fan service and fetish poo poo. But it was a bit more tolerable because the writing was better (I think we can all agree that however you feel about Futurama’s later seasons or how its original run compares to the Golden Years, that its original run was better than Zombie Simpsons) and because, you know, Leela and Amy were already a bit sexualized - and sexual - so it felt less out of place.

Plus, you know, neither Leela nor Amy were based on the creator’s mom.

Amazon Women In The Mood was a good episode but there was either an episode or a movie where Leela & Amy were like, wrestling centaurs or something and it weirded me out. I think it bothered me probably because the episode wasn't otherwise good enough to distract me from what they were doing.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Calaveron posted:

Lisa needs braces

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

Amazon Women In The Mood was a good episode but there was either an episode or a movie where Leela & Amy were like, wrestling centaurs or something and it weirded me out. I think it bothered me probably because the episode wasn't otherwise good enough to distract me from what they were doing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Butterjunk_Effect

It's straight up fetish stuff.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That was the MAIN reason I never gave the new Futurama seasons a chance. Something like the very first post-movies episode is about Leela and Zap being stranded on a deserted planet and they ended up boning and I was like “uh that’s literally all of Leela’s character development with both Zap and Fry completely chucked out the window for a weird fan fiction plot” and that’s when it occurred to me that current Futurama staff were all extremely online nerds my age and that they probably all had crude caveman drawings of Leela with giant boobies and it was just gonna be them writing the episodes they’d been dreaming of since they were 13.

Nothing I’ve seen from the movies or post movie seasons tells me I’m wrong.

I also just finished up a run of Kong of the Hill. I really enjoyed S1-S8 and then Lucky showed up and my will to continue tanked like a stone. Is this a good stopping point? Are their any good episodes where Lucky isn’t inexplicably the main focus?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I also just finished up a run of Kong of the Hill.

This is a better idea for 30 minutes of animation than The Simpsons have put out in years.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lucky is a great character.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lucky rules. But Tom Petty died so they probably won't bring him back in the reboot :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Lucky rules. But Tom Petty died so they probably won't bring him back in the reboot :(

Did he stay with Luanne in the end? Because uh... that might work.