Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It’s not inconveniently times, it just doesn’t seem very good as the only reason. Your other argument makes more sense, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Hambeet, you seem to be overlooking a crucial part of the plan involving Max's claimed role tonight:

The whole idea behind Max performing their Killer Cop ability tonight is that - according to Max - it's supposed to "kill" them too if they hit a Town member with their second Brutal Investigation.

Basically, if Max says they're using their ability tonight (Night 5) and they are still alive the next morning (Day 6), it's because A) Max nailed the last Scum and it's game over and CopCon wins, or B) Max lied to us about their Killer Cop ability being a 2-shot and/or it killing them on a town-kill and so they need to be banned from CopCon - simple as that. They either solve the case, get Banned from Copcon overnight, or get Banned the next day by the remaining Cops at CopCon.

So, voting for Max at this point only sounds like you're scared scum.

##vote Hambeet

Hambeet, if you flip a Cop-Aligned Election Cop and CopCon's investigation continues on into the night, then Max is going to have to prove their alignment one way or another.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Hambeet, you seem to be overlooking a crucial part of the plan involving Max's claimed role tonight:

The whole idea behind Max performing their Killer Cop ability tonight is that - according to Max - it's supposed to "kill" them too if they hit a Town member with their second Brutal Investigation.

Basically, if Max says they're using their ability tonight (Night 5) and they are still alive the next morning (Day 6), it's because A) Max nailed the last Scum and it's game over and CopCon wins, or B) Max lied to us about their Killer Cop ability being a 2-shot and/or it killing them on a town-kill and so they need to be banned from CopCon - simple as that. They either solve the case, get Banned from Copcon overnight, or get Banned the next day by the remaining Cops at CopCon.

So, voting for Max at this point only sounds like you're scared scum.

##vote Hambeet

Hambeet, if you flip a Cop-Aligned Election Cop and CopCon's investigation continues on into the night, then Max is going to have to prove their alignment one way or another.

hi prince, i got that part of the plan. thanks for assuming my ignorance.

my point is that max has said he will kill who he wants, not who town decide on. that doesn't sound super townie to me, but i guess it's all academic now.

why would i be scared scum when i've said for three days straight to lynch me. i'm voting max because i will not vote myself, because i'm town. town should never self vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you lynch me today, grouse. max withholds his kill tonight and you're back facing that same question again tomorrow.

i mean it's super interesting that scum never tried to off max whether he was vig or sk. but i guess this is just scummy shade throwing. maybe take that into tomorrow though, huh?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

you lynch me today, grouse. max withholds his kill tonight and you're back facing that same question again tomorrow.

If Max withholds their kill then I'm pretty sure they're going to be suspect number one first thing the next morning.

Also I just now realized that the "NL" in Asiina's plan stands for "No Lynch," and that Max would be acting as our method of removal as a Vigilante would.

##unvote Hambeet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

if we do end the day on a no lynch, if there's scum, what if they withhold their kill tonight to bolster the idea that max is the sk and the only remaining threat to town? what if they do that and he really is town vig? i don't think asiina's plan will tidy things up that neatly.

so, short of max agreeing to kill the agreed upon target tonight (which he's said he wont) i don't see the benefit in a no lynch for town. so don't unvote, let's just get this over and done with.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

or vote max.

i had a change of heart ~ 9 hours later

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm warming to the idea of it being GK, I think.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote no execute

Even if Max won't play along, I still think it's a good idea overall.

I don't want to kill anyone today though and push us into accidental LYLO.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Asiina posted:

##vote no execute

Even if Max won't play along, I still think it's a good idea overall.

I don't want to kill anyone today though and push us into accidental LYLO.

Yeah looking at the numbers and possibilities I don't wanna lose like 3 people tonight by accident (assuming that there's scum left in addition Max's kill) on top of one person today if we miss. Lets get some info from Max's kill, if we don't win it should clear up where to go next.

##vote no lunch

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

I'm warming to the idea of it being GK, I think.

Hmmmmm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm glad you checked in when somebody mentioned your name, this time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you could kill someone, who would you kill?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Hambeet. I still think we should lynch him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I'm glad you checked in when somebody mentioned your name, this time.

I’m really enthused by the whole “I’m coming around to” post with no analysis or reasoning at all! Definitely something scum wouldn’t do.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Probably beet.

Geek would be second choice.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm admittedly quite worried about you all using my free execute to get rid of 2 people today, because if beet actually were town then that means losing 2 town players today, and then potentially 3?? town players at night (scum kill, max kill, max) and that would be horrific

so if you all do end up demanding my flip than whatever, i'm town, but probably dont risk flipping multiple town players at once. beet is my biggest suspicion but i dont think it's a sure thing 100% dunk

still thinking about the no lunch potential

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

George Kansas posted:

I'm admittedly quite worried about you all using my free execute to get rid of 2 people today, because if beet actually were town then that means losing 2 town players today, and then potentially 3?? town players at night (scum kill, max kill, max) and that would be horrific

Yeah, this was my thinking too. We don't need to cut too many people loose from CopCon today, not if we want to keep a healthy lead tomorrow.

It's probably best to let Max settle their own Killer Cop business tonight and then we can also gather whatever intel we can glean from the Rookie Cops in the process.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

George Kansas posted:

I’m really enthused by the whole “I’m coming around to” post with no analysis or reasoning at all! Definitely something scum wouldn’t do.

Okay, sure.

I'm deeply suspicious of the rookie cops who aren't me. I was (and am) still suspicious of Toalpaz, but you mysteriously lost an important investigation, have no successful investigated anything, a simple claim for scum to make, and your overall posting is extremely disconnected and defeated.

But go ahead, make your case on me, I'm charmed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I mean, I guess I'm fine with a no execute?

But poo poo, man.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
If we were to vote off anyone today, I would choose George Kansas. It wouldn't need to be a Free Lynch vote, either. We can vote off just the one person and call it a day.

My list of players I'd like to see the flips of are in the following order:

George Kansas
Hambeet
Asiina
Max
Toalpaz
CCKeane
Tobbs Gnawed
Prince of Space (self)

I'm fine with a no-vote-off today. That said, I'm doing this just to leave the option open to others:

##vote George Kansas

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:cop: Votecount for Day 5 :cop:

Lynch No One! (2): Asiina, Toalpaz
George Kansas (1): hambeet, hambeet, Prince of Space
Max (1): hambeet
hambeet (0): Prince of Space, Prince of Space

Not Voting (4): CCKeane, George Kansas, Max, Tobbs Gnawed

With 8 cops still alive, it takes 5 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is February 03rd, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 40 minutes.

:cop: Asiina is ON NOTICE! George Kansas is FREELY BANNABLE! (Their flip will be posted at the end of the day.) :cop:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Would flip to gk if needed, prefer Max Power though

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Wouldn't cry much at a Max execution either, I suppose.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am incapable of crying is what I'm saying, basically.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
May as well put my vote where my posts are.

##vote hambeet

GK is always gonna be free lunch. Frankly, I think Max is town and if he's not we'll know when he takes his second shot.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm pretty indifferent on lunching vs. no lunching. I think beet is scum but I see the benefits of not killing anyone. I think not lunching will make me feel a lot better about max if we can prove he's not the last non-town faction through night action results. In which case, tbh, I'm probably pro-no lunching more because we'll get more info we can better use tomorrow.

##vote no lunch

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to vote...

##no execute

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Eh, whatever.

##vote no lunch

:redhammer:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oh my bad keane didn't vote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sorry, mis did it!

Fully intended to.

##vote no execute

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Lynch No One! is hammered!

Votecount for Day 5
With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 03rd, 2019 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 54 minutes.

:cop: Asiina is ON NOTICE! George Kansas is FREELY BANNABLE! (Their flip will be posted at the end of the day.) :cop:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Soooo last year I subbed into a game and had an in game conversation with someone about the utility (or lack thereof) of the busdriver role. I was against them and this other person was pro-busdriver. They basically told me that if they were busdriver (and i think they were in that game) they would do as they thought was best, and use their role as they saw fit.

Over the year I've reflected on that and can see that in hindsight it was good advice.

##overturn

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cop: Final Votecount for Day 5 :cop:

Lynch No One! (5): Asiina, Toalpaz, George Kansas, Tobbs Gnawed, CCKeane
George Kansas (1): hambeet, hambeet, Prince of Space
Max (1): hambeet
hambeet (0): Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (1): Max

With 8 cops still alive, it took 5 votes to ban someone from CopCon.

~~~

Postcounts for Day 5:

:cop: Asiina and George Kansas are still ON NOTICE, but everyone posted over 10 times today so nobody will be FREELY EXECUTABLE BANNABLE tomorrow! :cop:

~~~

Well, it sounds like everyone's agreed - take it easy for today, nobody's gotta get kicked out. We're all (probably) cop-friends here, right?

Right?

:cop: ##overturn has been invoked! :cop:

"HAPPY FUN TIMES ARE UNACCEPTABLE, YOU BLOODY PANSIES. WE'RE GETTING RID OF SOMEONE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. BAN THAT PERSON INSTEAD."

:siren: Max, Freedom-Aligned Death Cop, was banned from CopCon on Day 5! :siren:

:cop: Night 5 starts now. Deadline is 04-FEB at 7:00 PM ET. :cop:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

And another fine day to you, officers! I see many of you have made use of our offsite breakfast vouchers for today - and you know we care about our CopCon attendees, because we didn't try to give you Starbucks! Now, let's see here... looks like we do have a minor change to today's schedule.

Sadly, today's international outreach presentation "Yes We Really Are All That Polite, Sorry" has been cancelled as the lecturer was called home to address some potential "racial patterns" in their ticketing. Shame, eh?

:nono: Asiina, Cop-Aligned Neighbo(u)rhood Cop, was forced to turn in their badge and gun on Night 5! :nono:

Speaking of international policing, did you hear about how thieves broke into Scotland Yard and stole all the toilets? They had absolutely nothing to go on!

:cop: Day 6 starts now. Deadline is Wednesday 06-FEB 7:00 PM ET. :cop:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:cop: Votecount for Day 6 :cop:

Not Voting (6): CCKeane, George Kansas, hambeet, Prince of Space, Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed

With 6 cops still alive, it takes 4 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is February 06th, 2019 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

:cop: George Kansas is ON NOTICE! :cop:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Anyone have anything?

I think we probably have just one scum and it eoykd be super cool if we could murder them to death today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:ghost: :bernout: :ghost:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Let's hear what some of the Rookie cops have got to say about their Investigation results.

Hambeet, how did your Overturn power work in the event of a tie for second place, like the kind we had yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Told you so