Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ambrose at least seemed way more comfortable and relaxed than he has in weeks, though part of that may just be having the weight of his contract off his shoulders.

Ironically of course, the crowd was fully into him and loved seeing him now that he doesn't have to do this forced heel stuff, but off he goes because WWE had to insist on booking him "their" way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

That makes perfect sense because Otis is a way better name without his last name

It kills the Heavy Machinery's original pun if you remove The Dozer's last name which essentially removes the nickname. Should just call him Dozovic. WWE needs to know that normal first names aren't good wrestler names.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 5, 2019

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a large amount of dogs, particularly, as well as cats got purposefully killed for that movie but i wish they hadn't

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

It kills the Heavy Machinery's original pun if you remove The Dozer's last name which essentially removes the nickname. Should just call him Dozovic. WWE needs to know that normal first names aren't good wrestler names.

I don't know about you, but the heady days of my youth when John, Randy and Dave were the top of the company were the height of entertainment. Last Names are pointless. Just ask legendary WCW Megastar Bill.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

I don't know about you, but the heady days of my youth when John, Randy and Dave were the top of the company were the height of entertainment. Last Names are pointless. Just ask legendary WCW Megastar Bill.

at least Cesaro and Rusev are strong and unique sounding last names.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

at least Cesaro and Rusev are strong and unique sounding last names.

if they only called Rusev by his first name it wouldn’t be terrible as he is Handsome Rusev.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"THE TROUBLE IS!" screamed Vince McMahon, straining to be heard over the crowd cheering for Rusev,"IS THAT RUSEV DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO GET OVER!"

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Both of their nicknames come from their last names. Why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What is the point of the EC3 never talks thing?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So many dead Milos and Otises. :smith:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I will say I never saw Heavy Machinery in NXT and thus have been mostly underwhelmed, but did get a kick out of the Caterpillar tractor pun. Hilarious that can't even keep continuity that explains the goddamn gimmick. What a stupid company.

Also, it takes genuine EFFORT to not use the natural charisma of this man to its fullest.
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1092646537606324225

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

KungFu Grip posted:

...there's a pun?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You jabronis watches this gabagool? Oh, maron. [baps you slightly across the face.]

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The fact they never called him Otis "The Bull" Dozovic shows how uncreative these people are.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rarity posted:

What is the point of the EC3 never talks thing?

He's awful at it?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I think Mick Foley is the biggest Becky Lynch stan in the entire world to the point I’m expecting him to adopt her any day now and disavow his actual daughter.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I think Ambrose wanting out and Rusev acknowledging the sad state of the company not recognizing him have pushed me a great distance toward not caring about WWE, which is a shame since I've been really into wrestling for quite awhile. But lately I've been tuning out of it and this just reinforces that I'm making the right call.

I'll just keep looking at the weekly results and being pretty baffled at most of what they're doing, and then I can just check the really cool segments or matches out in kind of a piecemeal format. That's been my general approach lately, and I've been the better for it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

I think Mick Foley is the biggest Becky Lynch stan in the entire world to the point I’m expecting him to adopt her any day now and disavow his actual daughter.

Mick Foley is the original "Guy who's a little too into woman's wrestling".

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The Ryder/Hawkins promo seemed genuine and got a good reaction from the crowd.

https://twitter.com/TheCurtHawkins/status/1092604615881777153

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

How does anyone watch this garbage week after week

Just watch the PPVs, then you're only wasting about 65% of your time

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cavauro posted:

a large amount of dogs, particularly, as well as cats got purposefully killed for that movie but i wish they hadn't

"but"?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Seth failing to capitalise at Wrestlemania, Bobby retaining his title, and then throwing them together in a heatless feud is the darkest timeline. This is what they advertise to try and sell tickets?!?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ronda’s a weird promo. Certainly not good but I am entertained by them

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

me: i haven't read the wrestlehut in a while and i've been enjoying the shows recently, let's see what my friends on the something awful dot com forums think

oh

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

me: i haven't read the wrestlehut in a while and i've been enjoying the shows recently, let's see what my friends on the something awful dot com forums think

oh

Well there's no accounting for taste

Ronda is... weird but I enjoy watching her wrestle and don't skip her matches so she's doing something right!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
According to Meltzer today AJ Styles has a hernia and Seth Rollins has a bad back. Seth will likely miss Elimination Chamber.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

me: i haven't read the wrestlehut in a while and i've been enjoying the shows recently

I'm glad you've enjoyed them, you should share what you liked :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

According to Meltzer today AJ Styles has a hernia and Seth Rollins has a bad back. Seth will likely miss Elimination Chamber.

Is it bad I want Seth to have to drop out of Mania so that Finn can get his time to shine?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

Is it bad I want Seth to have to drop out of Mania so that Finn can get his time to shine?

No, how can anyone say no to those abs?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I have zero excitement for Seth Brock. Been there, done that, yawn

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I have zero memory of Seth Brock and still ain't excited for it even though I'd technically see the match-up for the first time.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Usually I'm p pessimistic but I have no idea how Ronda/Becky/(Charlotte) couldn't go on last given how completely uninteresting Brock/Seth is. Plus Brock rarely shows up and Seth will be off TV for a bit. There's just zero build.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Another Raw recap that makes no loving sense and sounds like complete poo poo.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Jerusalem posted:

I'm glad you've enjoyed them, you should share what you liked :)

good point.

i feel like the writing has improved over the last couple of months. they're paying attention to continuity more recently (which is saving the Naomi /mandy feud, and I love that Hawkins and Ryder are gonna be together). little things like being able to watch TV correctly as was pointed out. raw hasn't been as good as SmackDown but it's better than it was pre-tlc. i love my world hempenweight champion, i love Mustafa Ali's push, i love Nikki Cross, and her teaming with Alicia Fox has a lot more chemistry than I thought it would. and that's just the main roster. for what it's worth i watch the shows after they air and skip commercials. i dunno, reading this thread made me feel like an idiot for enjoying the shows.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

good point.

i feel like the writing has improved over the last couple of months. they're paying attention to continuity more recently (which is saving the Naomi /mandy feud, and I love that Hawkins and Ryder are gonna be together). little things like being able to watch TV correctly as was pointed out. raw hasn't been as good as SmackDown but it's better than it was pre-tlc. i love my world hempenweight champion, i love Mustafa Ali's push, i love Nikki Cross, and her teaming with Alicia Fox has a lot more chemistry than I thought it would. and that's just the main roster. for what it's worth i watch the shows after they air and skip commercials. i dunno, reading this thread made me feel like an idiot for enjoying the shows.

The thread is normally positive on Smackdown to be fair. It just gets quickly lost under the shittiness of Raw and the overall depression from never seeing your favourites win big matches.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If I had just paid a bunch of money for WWE programming I'd be very enthused about how many of their storylines revolve around people saying the company and its product openly suck, no one likes wrestling for the company and wants to leave, and ratings are at record lows while the people responsible for booking those shows laugh about it with in-jokes. I'd also be very pumped about the record low ratings at Wrestlemania season and enthused that this amazing programming is coming to my network shortly.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Smackdown's so much better it's crazy. They managed to build up the amazing women's program, and also got Asuka built back up after tanking her early last year. The men's elimination chamber match looks fantastic. Like, Jeff Hardy is maybe the one guy in that match that feels like he doesn't belong, but I can't say no to Jeff in the chamber. The tag scene was lightyears ahead of Raw's until it all went stale, to the point where I can't even be mad at Miz/Shane. About the only thing I can think of is there's not much of a mid-card at all. It sucks that Rusev and Nakamura are buried on pre-shows or not even booked with the US Title, but short of giving shots to random halves of tag-teams, who the hell do you have feud for the US Title.

Raw on the other hand is just this wasteland of garbage, where there's no credible challengers to Ronda Rousey, the champion is never on TV, the guy that was supposed to go over for the last four years got Leukemia and had to bugger off. Balor just sort of does stuff, Drew is great but is heel so they have him... not doing anything because the title is on Brock. Ziggler ought to be wrestling everyone once or twice but instead wrestles people one at a time for seven years. Dean was horribly injured, came back and was completely mishandled. Zayn is injured. Owens is injured (cleared now), Bray is injured (cleared now?).... Braun is continually injured. Vince keeps pushing Bobby Lashley which... I don't even loving know. (I would honestly rather see Jinder Mahal in this spot, hand of God.) Elias is never allowed to win for some dumbassed reason. Baron Corbin is overbooked to the point he's lost any/all good will people might give him for honestly being good at his role.

What's absolutely crazy is how buried Raw's tag teams are and how, given their top title being AWOL and their top talent being plagued with injuries..... it's bonkers. The show should absolutely be being carried by its tag division at this point, because that's where like 90% of the healthy talent is actually on the show. Like, the great thing about tag matches is you can have them run long with good booking, and it works. There's plenty of tag teams available on the brand, they're just all completely buried as losers for literally no reason whatsoever. It's a three hour show, and they always need more time to fill. They have something ludicrous like eight active tag teams they could book around, or split off for much needed mid card talent. This is absolutely verboten for some unfathomable, asinine reason, and it's the most egregious waste of talent. Instead we get the same four matches every single week from this anemic roster, and it's boring as all hell.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

bradzilla posted:

Another Raw recap that makes no loving sense and sounds like complete poo poo.

Whoever is writing these recaps should be fired!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bray has been cleared for a while, they just literally have nothing for him to do lol