Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prince of Space posted:

Let's hear what some of the Rookie cops have got to say about their Investigation results.

Hambeet, how did your Overturn power work in the event of a tie for second place, like the kind we had yesterday?

In the event of a tie, it's the person with the most recent vote that put them on that number of votes.

So it was the first person to get to 1 using yesterday's example which was Max. He got to that number first.

So no, I didn't get to choose, but if I did I would have picked Max anyway.

I'm out now. That was a one shot.

Funnily enough, my power would not have worked if people did not vote for the no lynch by majority. if no majority is reached

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ugh awful app you're awful today.

Yeah, i needed a majority vote to overturn. So thanks for being so kind to vote the no lynch rather than just letting deadline lapse.

3p totally out now so tobbs is right i reckon, only one scum to go.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
My action succeeded on Asiina and it got me a result of not cop aligned so there’s some scum fuckery going on right now

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

One, I’m probably an insane or paranoid cop, two, why did my action succeed if nobody else visited Asiina? A ninja??

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Err, if somebody else visited Asiina. Mafia edit.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
The other rookies were explicitly told that if more than one person visited they would fail.

Was your first post there a slip?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The other rookies were explicitly told that if more than one person visited they would fail.

Was your first post there a slip?

No, that’s what I’m saying. It should fail if anyone else visited my target, but my action didn’t fail and she died (and I didn’t kill her) so something else must be going on. But I don’t know what!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hi thread, copped Keane last night as decided and got a town result. :cop:

George Kansas posted:

No, that's what I'm saying. It should fail if anyone else visited my target, but my action didn't fail and she died (and I didn't kill her) so something else must be going on. But I don't know what!

That's really weird!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

So max was 3rd party? I think that was a super cool play of you to take Hambeet. I know you know your alignment better than any of us, and I respect that you used your powers, maybe against our wishes, to nail 3p like that.

Also that was a strange kill imo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

So max was 3rd party? I think that was a super cool play of you to take Hambeet. I know you know your alignment better than any of us, and I respect that you used your powers, maybe against our wishes, to nail 3p like that.

Also that was a strange kill imo.

You're welcome! :angel:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also, it wasn't really against anyone's wishes, because no one asked me not to.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Also, it wasn't really against anyone's wishes, because no one asked me not to.

I mean the wishes were for a no lynch which is why it was majority, just own it lmao.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

People also wished for Max to pick a target of towns choosing as a night action, but he refused and said he would do his own thing.

So I used my action. I am totally owning it.

The only person I can imagine who would be disappointed by my doing so is scum, because now they can't hide behind the confusion of "is there only a scum or only a 3p remaining? Or both?"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh they'll also be disappointed because they can't use me as a patsy anymore.

:angel:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I wanna know Keanse and POS's results!

:choco:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I wanna know Keanse and POS's results!

:choco:

Keane's D:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What do we have left for town? A tracker and a billion cops?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tracker, pos
doc, tobbs
cop, toalpaz
cop, keane
cop, gk
elected official, beet

we're waiting on tracker and Keane's cop.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So tomorrow is lylo, if no night kills are withheld / blocked.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Toalpaz cop aligned.

So.
I'm thinking it's Toalpaz.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Toalpaz cop aligned.

So.
I'm thinking it's Toalpaz.

You think your results give the opposite?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmm, well I am cop-aligned so happy to see your results backing that up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:coffee:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

hambeet posted:

You think your results give the opposite?

Yes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm it's tempting, because it makes sense in light of your result on me, but ignoring cop results has worked for us so far, too.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well, maybe. I'm only speaking from my experience/perspective I guess. Maybe, it's as good a lead as any.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:cop: Votecount for Day 6 :cop:

Not Voting (6): CCKeane, George Kansas, hambeet, Prince of Space, Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed

With 6 cops still alive, it takes 4 votes to ban someone from CopCon.
The current deadline is February 06th, 2019 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

:cop: George Kansas is ON NOTICE! :cop:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hmmmm....I'm trying to remove the rookie cop part of the game.

So I'm between Toalpez and GK.

It's not me
I don't think it's Hambeet, he has a provable skill that seems unlikely to be a scum ability
PoS has been a champ
Tobbs has the claimed doc protect.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm not voting anyone until POS reveals if he has anything useful.

Don't think hambeet's ability clears him.

GK claiming successful cop of the NK target is very concerning.

Like, he has to say who he visited in case he was tracked. But he forgot to claim he failed since someone else would have needed to do the NK.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

George Kansas posted:

I visited Asiina last night but my action failed. Catching up on the thread now.

Also visited Asiina when there was no NK and I doc'd her.

Kinda suss.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also Toal already copped Asiina as town.

Like, is it just an exercise in figuring out sanity?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Like, he has to say who he visited in case he was tracked. But he forgot to claim he failed since someone else would have needed to do the NK.

I'm not advocating to vote anybody atm.

Hambeet's ability isn't an absolute clear, but it leans me against him.

I'll agree with your read on GK's actions.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also visited Asiina when there was no NK and I doc'd her.

Kinda suss.

And that was the night before, yes?

And you've said you can't doc the same pweson twice in a row.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My action succeeded. I got a result of not-cop aligned. I don't see how I could've been redirected, or if I got a correct result on Asiina but I'm either paranoid or insane. I'm giving this info in case I get lunched today, so you'll all have it to figure out the game.

I know it's not me but this is a pretty damning result for me, I agree.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

George Kansas posted:

My action succeeded. I got a result of not cop-aligned. I don't see how I could've been redirected, or if I got a correct result on Asiina but I'm either paranoid or insane. I'm giving this info in case I get lunched today, so you'll all have it to figure out the game.

I know it's not me but this is a pretty damning result for me, I agree.

err, not cop-aligned, technically. fixed.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also Toal already copped Asiina as town.

Like, is it just an exercise in figuring out sanity?

Oh I was just following POS's plan, who said I should investigate Asiina. Presumably the person who actually killed Asiina was working off the same plan and set out to make me look bad, either with a ninja kill or a redirect of some kind. The ninja kill (err, maybe not ninja but just a kill that doesn't trigger my rookie cop) seems more likely to me because a redirect and a kill would have to happen otherwise and I just don't buy that there are two scum left

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm guessing the person who is making me look bad is explicitly not pushing me today, because they know the game won't end if I get mislunched, and so going aggro on me would be easy to peg as scum activity.

I have a town read on Tobbs but honestly I'm fairly surprised that nobody went hard for me before that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

George Kansas posted:

I'm guessing the person who is making me look bad is explicitly not pushing me today, because they know the game won't end if I get mislunched, and so going aggro on me would be easy to peg as scum activity.

I have a town read on Tobbs but honestly I'm fairly surprised that nobody went hard for me before that.

I think most of the people here are waiting for POS's results, because it should clear/find scum and make it easier to have a discussion.

If there was a scum ninja why do you think that Hawke did the nk and got caught by POS though? Wouldn't they be using a ninja to do the kills if they were worried about a watcher/tracker with no evidence of a doc?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I think most of the people here are waiting for POS's results, because it should clear/find scum and make it easier to have a discussion.

If there was a scum ninja why do you think that Hawke did the nk and got caught by POS though? Wouldn't they be using a ninja to do the kills if they were worried about a watcher/tracker with no evidence of a doc?

Could be limited shot ninja, idk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, that's a fair point. I don't know!