Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/1093270762142789642

https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/1093273493687492608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"like the world being considered round and not flat"

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It certainly doesn't help that almost every time a wrestler comes out and says "Observer is wrong, brother" the Observer turns out to not be wrong.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

It certainly doesn't help that almost every time a wrestler comes out and says "Observer is wrong, brother" the Observer turns out to not be wrong.

Meltzer and AJ aren't at odds though. Meltzer many times has referenced talking to him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1012048863644078080

https://twitter.com/ChrisHayner/status/1093232278191259648

https://twitter.com/wiretap804/status/1093242074500030465

rovert fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 7, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah i guess the company that greenlit 2 more seasons of the simpsons knows good storytelling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you left the number zero off. at the end of the number 2. for a total of 20, or twenty. i "fixed" the post by saying this.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Anyone who gives money to WWE is giving money to Trump.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 7, 2019

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Angry Grimace posted:

The WCW moment of lying about what the observer claimed was the situation, and then doing exactly what the observer claimed was the situation was such a wonderful moment.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did a segment get cut from Smackdown? There was a good five minutes after the main event where they were just killing time, with no real payoff. The Bryan promo backstage after he already had a long promo in the ring, extra video recaps, extended shots of AJ after he already celebrated, etc. It was weird.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I thought this was supposed to be the time of year when WWE tried.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

you left the number zero off. at the end of the number 2. for a total of 20, or twenty. i "fixed" the post by saying this.

If the implication here is that only the first 2 seasons of “The Simpsons” were good... well I’m starting to have some doubts about the sincerity of my good friend Cavauros posts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

This is their first year with Fox and Saudi money added onto their USA money. Two of those they're getting for the next half-decade, the other they're getting for the next decade. Gonna be a while if you're hoping for them to sincerely try again, and it basically relies on AEW spooking them more long-term than for 2 months

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

a new study bible! posted:

The Becky stuff is real good and the Bryan stuff is real good too, but everything else around it is bad and those things are like 20-30 minutes total out of 5 hours of programming.

Seth Rollins won the Royal Rumble and chose the opponent who never shows up, and then he also didn't show up.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Are there any rumors on who Asuka is going to wrestle at Wrestlemania?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Asuka on pre show vs uhhhhhh naomi

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You can't take a poo poo on 75% of your extremely talented roster and in the same breath try to sell an audience on a shitshow. I don't care if your platform is 10 bucks a month or whatever, poop is poop. Maybe next time sell me on your entire drat product.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, I might be willing to pay 60$ for a ppv I want to see, but I am not paying 10$ or my attention for something I don't.

It's not a good deal if the product is poo poo.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 7, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

This is their first year with Fox and Saudi money added onto their USA money. Two of those they're getting for the next half-decade, the other they're getting for the next decade. Gonna be a while if you're hoping for them to sincerely try again, and it basically relies on AEW spooking them more long-term than for 2 months

Those deals ain't getting any bigger. They set record revenues last year because of the Saudi money, they'll do it again this year because of the new TV deals. Past that, they'll have to do something if they expect to find organic growth. But really, we all know the solution: Vince backs away from creative. Because you watch NXT where he has no involvement, or Smackdown where he has less involvement, and you see them easily juggle parallel storylines up and down their entire roster. Then you turn on Raw and...what even is the top story on Raw? Oh yeah, it's the lady from Smackdown.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Minidust posted:

Did a segment get cut from Smackdown? There was a good five minutes after the main event where they were just killing time, with no real payoff. The Bryan promo backstage after he already had a long promo in the ring, extra video recaps, extended shots of AJ after he already celebrated, etc. It was weird.

I think it was just a matter of overcompensating for last week where they were running behind schedule so Samoa Joe had to race out and breathlessly get out all his verbal attacks and still leave time for the brawl and Daniel Bryan ranting as they went off the air. That had the benefit of making everything seem chaotic and out of control, but this week I think they ended up giving the post-match attacks too much time and it wrapped up faster than they expected leaving them with 2-3 minutes of airtime to fill before the show went off the air.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

aj styles becomes more boring in ring and more fascist every day, he's going Full Orton

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WWE 2K19 is $20 on Steam, definitely the lowest it's been. Worth checking out at that price or still skippable trash?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

explosivo posted:

WWE 2K19 is $20 on Steam, definitely the lowest it's been. Worth checking out at that price or still skippable trash?

avoid at all costs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Drew McIntyre posted:

avoid at all costs

Will do! It would be nice if they made a good WWE game again :smith:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

explosivo posted:

It's the same regurgitated turd it's always been

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think it’s worth 20 if you kinda like the gameplay of previous games for the ridiculous plot of the career mode. At one point your character tricks braun strowman into spearing himself into a metal plate hidden on your chest and Matt Hardy takes you back in time to fight Bret Hart yourself

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i got WWE 2k16 in a bundle, and during the tutorial Tyler Breeze submitted my character in under a minute. i didn't understand the terrible controls but it was still very psychologically damaging to me and i have never played a WWE game since

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
You know, with more tweets from wrestlers being like "NO THE OBSERVER IS WRONG!" I'm wondering if they've been getting that as a directive.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nah wrestlers have always been particularly weird about injury reports and vehemently deny them even though it's generally apparent something's up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2k19 is actually the best game in the series since '13. the my career has you starting out as an indy geek, you get a couple dark matches but things dont really pan out, and you work your way up trying to get a gig in wwe and a main roster push. its very similar to day of reckoning if you remember that title. creation suite is a little more fleshed out, more layers means the caws are actually starting to be better than in-game models of some wrestlers. universe mode is mostly the same but you can have more belts and adjustable money in the bank briefcases, along with longer and shorter weekly shows. its in game roster is also massive. there's a daniel bryan appreciation single player mode thats kinda neat, nothing groundbreaking but kinda cool. you can have an all bryan danielson elimination chamber. i'd say for $20 its not a bad purchase.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Nah wrestlers have always been particularly weird about injury reports and vehemently deny them even though it's generally apparent something's up.

Sasha's done it a lot with Dave and others the last few years when she gets hurt

Speaking of, she's hurt again

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Chris James 2 posted:

Sasha's done it a lot with Dave and others the last few years when she gets hurt

Speaking of, she's hurt again
From what I read, injured by Ronda :rolleyes:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

"What I said, is that I was injured 'by her. Nia.'"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when Jason Jordan's wife said him being injured was fake news.

Remember all that wrestling Jordan's done since then.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I guess an exploded neck isn't exactly an injury.

But I seriously miss that guy. The angle angle sucked, but I actually liked his shieldish stuff. Like he wasn't great, but he was good and improving :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the story of Jason jordan is that he was not great but improving for 9 years and then died

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010
Something goes here.
Cross posting from the NXT thread, but it seems like Jobber of 2019 was already claimed by one of my new favorites, Eric Bugenhagen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2kp3w-Wvk

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've seen a few clips of that guy on Instagram and Twitter and he's loving exhausting

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So he's like a G-rated Joey Ryan or is he an ironic Tanahashi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

From what I gathered, he was in a band in high school so now he loves rock and roll and really loves to tell you about it.