Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1093643229126447105

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ahhh drat, I keep just almost winning but I consistently get outplayed by the final 1-2 squads. I'm good at surviving but not so good at finishing off the other survivors.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ahhh drat, I keep just almost winning but I consistently get outplayed by the final 1-2 squads. I'm good at surviving but not so good at finishing off the other survivors.

You may try to play with one of the heroes that is really powerfull in the final circle. Bangalore and maybe Caustus (Caustus no really, but you can be loving annoying if you seed poison mines everywhere in the final circle).

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I swear to god these loot ticks.
I have like 12 loving skins, including a legendary - for the Mastiff.
The gun I have never seen.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DarkDobe posted:

i have 2 wins so far, one of which I feel like we cheated because all 3 of us had mastiffs

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh man, 10 million players, I hope that means a lot of kids who have never played a BR, so maybe I can finally get a kill.

... Who am I kidding, it will all be battle-hardened Fortnite players that have lightyears more twitch skill than me :(

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have played this game nonstop for the last two days.

I am loving horrible at shooters, and every game I am the best player on my squad.

Which is not to say how good I am, it's to say how bad the pubbies are. Why do I do this to myself?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://gfycat.com/BountifulOffensiveChinesecrocodilelizard

holy poo poo I've been grappling all wrong, that is beautiful

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The characters in this game own bones. They have such cool designs and are more memorable than Overwatches stuff to me already which is a bit crazy.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
If you have never played Titanfall 2 or didn't use the grapple much you should really watch some of the Titanfall 2 grapple videos, proper application of the grapple can literally hurl you through the air like a meteor of death. I haven't played Pathfinder yet tho so I don't know if these are all applicable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU00WXvw2V0

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh man, 10 million players, I hope that means a lot of kids who have never played a BR, so maybe I can finally get a kill.

... Who am I kidding, it will all be battle-hardened Fortnite players that have lightyears more twitch skill than me :(

The potential engagement ranges mean this game isn't necessarily as twitchy as a lot of other shooters. A lot of streamers are running around like rabbits hopped up on crack but the rounds I've done best on are ones where we take it slowly and carefully.

EDIT: Honestly, that's probably one of the major factors you should consider when dropping. If you drop into a high-value area with a bunch of other teams, its going to be a twitchy, constant fight. Drop away from everyone else, you'll be able to take things a bit slower.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

DarkDobe posted:

It, like the Kraber, only drops off the random care packages from above.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Dear pubbies: it's 15 minutes into a game, it's the final circles and I'm physically telling you we're pushing behind a group that doesn't see us.

You're loving done looting please.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think Lifeline's ultimate is a huge trap, or at least requires a whole lot more coordination than it seems like it'd need at first. It's super loud, visible on the map, the announcer announces it, and you can see it from afar because of the huge model and the blue beam.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

1stGear posted:

The potential engagement ranges mean this game isn't necessarily as twitchy as a lot of other shooters. A lot of streamers are running around like rabbits hopped up on crack but the rounds I've done best on are ones where we take it slowly and carefully.

EDIT: Honestly, that's probably one of the major factors you should consider when dropping. If you drop into a high-value area with a bunch of other teams, its going to be a twitchy, constant fight. Drop away from everyone else, you'll be able to take things a bit slower.

Rationally I know all these things. Realistically I get ganked every time. I think I've downed two people but I just can't lock in a kill yet.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think Lifeline's ultimate is a huge trap, or at least requires a whole lot more coordination than it seems like it'd need at first. It's super loud, visible on the map, the announcer announces it, and you can see it from afar because of the huge model and the blue beam.

Lifeline's care packages and the care packages the announcer calls out are two different things. The announced ones are the ones that (potentially) have high-level gear in them.

The smoke trail from Lifeline's is visible though and its definitely a thing to look out for. But the tradeoff of getting some potentially pretty good loot in them is more than worth it, imo.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Dear pubbies: it's 15 minutes into a game, it's the final circles and I'm physically telling you we're pushing behind a group that doesn't see us.

You're loving done looting please.

I feel like this goes equal for Goons. If you have a gun and there are bads, stop looting the buildings and shoot the bads, then loot THEM.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

SKULL.GIF posted:

heck yea people see it coming

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I had an argument earlier that I wasn't sure about with a friend. Floating damage numbers, do they dynamically change based on their current shield then HP or does it show their max shield when you shoot them then hp?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

bewilderment posted:

It, like the Kraber, only drops off the random care packages from above.

I am painfully aware. Only ever seeing Krabers from them.

Are the rando care packages marked on the map in any way or just a matter of spotting the rocket trails?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Care packages have blue blips on the map when announced

https://twitter.com/Vahn16/status/1093349915869143044?s=19

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Post any helpful tips / tricks videos you come across.

In this one - I finally found out what Gold equipment items do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x4y9bLH0hs

Gold Helmet = faster ability cooldown and ultimate charge. Otherwise it is identical to a purple helmet.

Gold Armor = when you execute an enemy player, your shields are recharged to max. Otherwise it is identical to a purple armor.

Gold knockdown shield = downed character will eventually self-revive. Same properties otherwise as a purple shield. (This also means, look for a GOLD colored knockdown shield when you down someone - if they have one you want to take them out before they self-revive.)

Gold Backpack = Healing item use is faster. Same capacity as a purple backpack.

Anyway, I'm going to be on the lookout for gun-specific or hero-specific stuff as well as general team strat vids or suggested control/graphical/fov settings. If anyone finds good stuff, please share.

Edit: This one is pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku_50C-ifeY

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 8, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Spectating a dude called Casdg_ on PS4 who murdered me. He has 977 kills and is weirdly never missing his shots and he's wiped 5 squads entirely by himself. Either the man is god...

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Spectating a dude called Casdg_ on PS4 who murdered me. He has 977 kills and is weirdly never missing his shots and he's wiped 5 squads entirely by himself. Either the man is god...

I'm pretty sure there's no way to get cheats like aimbots on consoles so he's probably just using a XIM

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bardeh posted:

I'm pretty sure there's no way to get cheats like aimbots on consoles so he's probably just using a XIM

Yeah I watched until the end of the match, dude's just realllllllllllll good. Dang.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you have never played Titanfall 2 or didn't use the grapple much you should really watch some of the Titanfall 2 grapple videos, proper application of the grapple can literally hurl you through the air like a meteor of death. I haven't played Pathfinder yet tho so I don't know if these are all applicable.

(grapple vid)

Here's a Pathfinder-specific vid I found discussing how his grapple works too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ_3d3m8-Q0

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Spacedad posted:

Here's a Pathfinder-specific vid I found discussing how his grapple works too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ_3d3m8-Q0

:wow: thank you!!!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bardeh posted:

yeah you can cheat on a console, you can aimbot via a packet editor. it's harder to cheat on a console than a PC from a technical standpoint and the console crowd is less technical to start with but it can be done

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well yeah, throw down that loot box and find a good overlook. Enjoy your three larger loot boxes that follow.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Also quick PSA - this game is not a plodding camp-and-defend where you have to crawl carefully around cover like a fireteam breaching-and-clearing. This game is a bullet-dodging skate park. Staying still = death. Stay mobile constantly, use the terrain around you for cover or for clever flanks, and minimize how often you actually slow down to aim/shoot.

And on that note:

You can slide in one direction and turn to shoot.

Yes, that means slidey drive-by bullet sprays.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 8, 2019

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
what guns are good

i seem to find the bad ones

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Unless you are playing Caustic, then you absolutely want to methodically crawl and set up in progressive bunkers and houses towards the ring.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Gamerofthegame posted:

what guns are good

i seem to find the bad ones

All of them except the shotgun pistol and that one is still semi-okay if you can't find anything else early game and need to fight right after you dropped. (The reason why it's semi-okay is you will tend to not burn through its ammo very quickly post-drop early game when you haven't stocked up on ammo. But swap it for something better or a real shotgun ASAP.)

Full auto SMGs in particular really need their extended mag ASAP to be more reliable though.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Eej posted:

Unless you are playing Caustic, then you absolutely want to methodically crawl and set up in progressive bunkers and houses towards the ring.

Agreed. Though in my experience the final circle rarely favors my trapping shenanigans and tends to dump me into open desert.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Spacedad posted:

Also quick PSA - this game is not a plodding camp-and-defend where you have to crawl carefully around cover like a fireteam breaching-and-clearing. This game is a bullet-dodging skate park. Staying still = death. Stay mobile constantly, use the terrain around you for cover or for clever flanks, and minimize how often you actually slow down to aim/shoot.

And on that note:

Yes, that means slidey drive-by bullet sprays.

You can turn a jump directly into a slide. OR a wall-jump push-off into a slide.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Bloody hell, I think I'd like this game if it wasn't constantly having connection issues. The only game so far where I've survived longer than 10 minutes I got dropped from the server when there were 4 squads left. Should be a blast once that poo poo gets ironed out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Eej posted:

How hard do I have to play to unlock him? He reminds me of good ol' Singe from League and that is absolutely my ~aesthetic~

Still a little bit wary about spending :10bux: on this game, gotta admit

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Here's a video on flatline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cynYL1f5OPc

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ciaphas posted:

How hard do I have to play to unlock him? He reminds me of good ol' Singe from League and that is absolutely my ~aesthetic~

Still a little bit wary about spending :10bux: on this game, gotta admit

I have Origin Premier so I just used the coins to buy him but iirc you get enough free currency to buy him at 23.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Eej posted:

I haven't played him yet but I would expect that if you're playing him mobile: Laying down traps while staying mobile in the field would basically gently caress up enemy movement to make the terrain of your mobile shootmans skate park area favor your team.

I'll have to experiment with him later to try that out though.