Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

site posted:

So ive seen a few tweets like this but nothing with a screenshot or link to an interview where this was said??

https://twitter.com/Great_Katzby/status/1092906720106606597?s=19

If this is true I hope that at least Ryan Reynolds loses a lot of creative control over the Deadpoolsphere. I would hate it if Deadpool/Cable/X-Force were relegated to poop-dick-gently caress vanity films where every character has the exact same sense of humour for another decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, we're definitely missing the highbrow comedy I expect from Deadpool.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wrong thread

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, we're definitely missing the highbrow comedy I expect from Deadpool.

It doesn't have to be highbrow, but I would like it to be a bit more ambitious. A few standout moments aside, the humour in the two Deadpool movies is really flat and keeps cycling through the same handful of subjects over and over again. It's also really disappointing that characters are made to be more Deadpool-like for this movies just because they are adjacent to Deadpool, who is the most popular X-Force character. Things like Juggernaut saying "I'm going to melt you down and turn you into a cockring," or Cable saying "you jabbering buttplug" are testament to an unwillingness to do these characters justice on the part of the creative team.

And I don't want that to be what Film X-Force is going to be for the forseeable future because it's way lame.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya deadpool should be the only one with deadpool lines

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Well it's like perfect casting, and he's Guatemalan/Cuban so we'll finally have some Latino representation in Marvel (I love Luis but he's not a superhero he's an ex-con and will be the token until there are more Latino/Hispanic characters)

YES PLEASE

Make the entire FF latinx, Marvel.

EDIT:

Koalas March posted:

You should at least watch Black Lighting because it is the best CW show and also has open and unapologetic lesbians of color.

Also interracial relationships where neither party is white, which I appreciate tbh

Has season 2 devolved into bullshit CW relationship drama yet? I loved season 1 (watching on netflix) but so far I've noped out on all the CW shows once they hit relationship overload in season 3

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 6, 2019

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Soonmot posted:

YES PLEASE

Make the entire FF latinx

Joke Answer: Bring back Alba but arbitrarily keep the whiteface

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know you guys are tired of me bring up how much I disliked Ned Leeds (who fuckin sucks btw) but holy poo poo I had never encountered the major hatefire towards Zendaya's MJ before today. Got tagged into a FB discussion about Far From Home and these dudes just keep calling her the Negress and won't acknowledge she's Mary Jane.

As expected I got blocked by the guy who started the discussion after about 10 minutes as I really wanted to know why he was a racist piece of poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rhyno posted:

I know you guys are tired of me bring up how much I disliked Ned Leeds (who fuckin sucks btw) but holy poo poo I had never encountered the major hatefire towards Zendaya's MJ before today. Got tagged into a FB discussion about Far From Home and these dudes just keep calling her the Negress and won't acknowledge she's Mary Jane.

As expected I got blocked by the guy who started the discussion after about 10 minutes as I really wanted to know why he was a racist piece of poo poo.

That sucks.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1093572099019628544?s=19

Here's a possible palate cleanser, an awesome black cosplayer doing all sorts of roles, male, female, whatever, always with the giant curly hair. She also started getting some serious racist hate yesterday when a certain site found her and started sharing racist memes on Facebook, but she rules.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DID SOMEONE SAY ZENDAYA??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx5YqFKjTCY

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

You really need to figure out why you get brought into these terrible conversations with terrible people so much. You'd think after ditching the lovely shop you worked at this kind of thing would stop happening.

Or take the easiest yet best route and delete your facebook. Facebook is pretty much exclusively for olds and lovely people now anyway.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That sucks.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1093572099019628544?s=19

Here's a possible palate cleanser, an awesome black cosplayer doing all sorts of roles, male, female, whatever, always with the giant curly hair. She also started getting some serious racist hate yesterday when a certain site found her and started sharing racist memes on Facebook, but she rules.

(everything about it)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

You really need to figure out why you get brought into these terrible conversations with terrible people so much. You'd think after ditching the lovely shop you worked at this kind of thing would stop happening.

Or take the easiest yet best route and delete your facebook. Facebook is pretty much exclusively for olds and lovely people now anyway.

I hate to break to you, but everyone on this forum is an old now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

X-O posted:

If you are a nice and a white guy to other white people, the other white people like to get real racist because they feel safe until you start yelling in public.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

I hate to break to you, but everyone on this forum is an old now.

Facebook is the land of the 60+ olds. I don't think we have many of them here? I'm not even sure we have many over 40 yet. I still got a while to go before I get there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not even 25, you all look like skeletons to me

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

Facebook is the land of the 60+ olds. I don't think we have many of them here? I'm not even sure we have many over 40 yet. I still got a while to go before I get there.

It owns to have been posting on these stupid forums for... half my life?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

X-O posted:

Isn't Rhyno like 41? It lines up he is on Facebook and not tik tok.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1093603103377580032

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It owns to have been posting on these stupid forums for... half my life?

it does not own

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Arist posted:

That's just a side effect of excessive SA use

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Arist posted:

Thank you, I've been trying to lose weight.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Hey plenty of my 30 year old friends use FB!... to post pictures of their kids...

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Hey plenty of my 30 year old friends use FB!... to post pictures of their kids...

I only use FB for messenger and political networking.

All my slutty pictures go on instagram

edit: Forgot what thread this is.. uhhh.. can I post my Iris West cosplay or Wakandacon pictures...

nm I'll see myself out lmao

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 8, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

hello can I share some amazing black cosplay with you

Sorry it's all anime. I have some great black DC cosplay (Black Canary, Superman and Wonderwoman) but that's on my computer and I'm drunk and not at home lol

someone please direct me to the cosplay thread so I can post great black cosplay 24/7 thank you

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
afaik there isnt one...you should make it

e: also the #28DaysOfBlackCosplay hashtag on twitter is promoting (obviously) black cosplayers this month

site fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 8, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

site posted:

afaik there isnt one...you should make it

e: also the #28DaysOfBlackCosplay hashtag on twitter is promoting (obviously) black cosplayers this month

Finally.. my time has come.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cosplay thread is here and they'd love that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
thats in pyf tho y would u send me there thats like linking me to adtrw

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I use Facebook to keep in contact with my friends back in my...I don't know...home country I guess. My mom uses Facebook to play scrabble-like games with her friends. That's my Facebook story.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Soonmot posted:

YES PLEASE

Make the entire FF latinx, Marvel.

EDIT:

Has season 2 devolved into bullshit CW relationship drama yet? I loved season 1 (watching on netflix) but so far I've noped out on all the CW shows once they hit relationship overload in season 3

Ehh...Relationships in Season 2 are touched on and made points of for some episodes, but not exactly the focus. There's hints here and there with Jen and her relationships, they might spend a few minutes reminding you that Anissa (sp?) is a lesbian and has a semi-steady GF and there's brief flashes of "will Jefferson and his Ex make another go of it?" but it's not really a focus of the season like we got with Oliver/Felicity and Flash/Iris.

Black Lightning is really good. The writing is great and Tobias Whale is just something else. It is amazing the racist poo poo that comes out of his mouth. And minus the super powers and magic science, the people feel very real.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Ehh...Relationships in Season 2 are touched on and made points of for some episodes, but not exactly the focus. There's hints here and there with Jen and her relationships, they might spend a few minutes reminding you that Anissa (sp?) is a lesbian and has a semi-steady GF and there's brief flashes of "will Jefferson and his Ex make another go of it?" but it's not really a focus of the season like we got with Oliver/Felicity and Flash/Iris.

Black Lightning is really good. The writing is great and Tobias Whale is just something else. It is amazing the racist poo poo that comes out of his mouth. And minus the super powers and magic science, the people feel very real.

That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to season 2 dropping on netflix.

Facebook: I am an old, but I use mainly to run/play chronicles of darkness games since it seems play by post CoD games die super quick here.

fake edit: oh wtf, this is the movie thread not the chat thread. How was Glass? I heard from two different people that it was kind of a let down.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Soonmot posted:

That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to season 2 dropping on netflix.

Facebook: I am an old, but I use mainly to run/play chronicles of darkness games since it seems play by post CoD games die super quick here.

fake edit: oh wtf, this is the movie thread not the chat thread. How was Glass? I heard from two different people that it was kind of a let down.

A friend of mine saw a preview screening of it.

He loved Unbreakable and Split but said Glass was a huge let-down. So I didn't go see it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

In other news I saw Battle Angel Alitia last night.

It's a very pretty film, great action. The lead (Rosa Salazar) carries the film.
But it's not going to be the first of a trilogy that they want.

Like it's based on a much bigger story, and they set this up as the first chapter of that in a way that the film is mostly it's own story with plot threads that can be picked up in later films, I just don't think this will be a huge success.

It's a good adaptation of a manga, but the story has loads of tropes and manga/anime story beats in it. I loved them, but I think they are ones that will confuse audiences not used to them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey guys welcome to my webzone

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

Needs an autoplay midi.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Arist posted:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

This is very good. They need to do more 90's style marketing for this movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
where can i ask carol to join my webring

e: lol theres a popup of the old lady skrull you can punch

e2:

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1094001623486136326

site fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

Doesn't feel right that the site loads instantly.