Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Correction; the basic talk is there, but the insults are gibberish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I fuckin died when papa shirogane answered the phone, I totally forgot that they cast Kowasu. I also forgot how much of a menacing bastard he looks like

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Madtrixr posted:

I fuckin died when papa shirogane answered the phone, I totally forgot that they cast Kowasu. I also forgot how much of a menacing bastard he looks like

The Shirogane glare is a family treasure passed down through generations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

First sighting of Ishigami!

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Love Detective Chika is truly a revolutionary at heart, and the bit of background music she got in this episode was nice.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Was her ED back?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hello there

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Hello there

Just two lovebirds fighting against this corrupt society of ours, nothing to see here.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

We do live in a society

Bottom Text

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Incredible amounts of excellent Chika this episode

Grouchio posted:

Was her ED back?
tragically not

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I've been looking forward to the volleyball chapter since the anime started and it did not disappoint.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Droyer posted:

I've been looking forward to the volleyball chapter since the anime started and it did not disappoint.

:same:

EDIT: Also, that clip with Ishigami seems to be the anime's version of the image of him from volume 2.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The last smile of Chika's innocent days

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fujimama segment was incredible and everything I wanted it to be and then some.

And it just gets better from there :allears:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Incidentally, that weird phrasing in the Kashiwagi segment made a lot more sense in the Psylocke translation of the manga:

Anime: But Shinomiya gave romantic advice once, so there's no way I can tell her it's beyond me!
Manga: But a Shinomiya cannot retreat! I cannot tell her "no" here!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Agronox posted:

Incidentally, that weird phrasing in the Kashiwagi segment made a lot more sense in the Psylocke translation of the manga:

Anime: But Shinomiya gave romantic advice once, so there's no way I can tell her it's beyond me!
Manga: But a Shinomiya cannot retreat! I cannot tell her "no" here!

I think they mixed up Shinomiya with Shirogane. So they thought she was comparing herself to him. Going he did it once, no way I can't.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh no she has a band-aid on her bow. I'm dead.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This is a good series.

a kitten posted:

Oh no she has a band-aid on her bow. I'm dead.

:emptyquote:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fujiwara would hit it off well with Zetsubou-Sensei, if he existed in her universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Mq3setLtI

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Holy gently caress that was 3 home runs today. And they were all thanks to Chika. Though Shinomiya galaxy braining Shirogane was pretty ballin too.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

https://streamable.com/awmkg

This might be the funniest poo poo I've seen in anime

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

eh?
hmm?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The delivery on the third one deserves an award.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
in a more conventional series fujiwara would be constantly dragging the show back into the status quo but instead in a war of mad kings and gods she is a necessary trickster hero who lays waste their best laid plans returns their humanity

she doesnt even need to be in the room look how mad shinomiya got when she imagined kaichou and fujiwara together

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Does Fujiwara speak with an accent during her love detective scene? It sounds "different" but I have no idea why.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

Phobophilia posted:

in a more conventional series fujiwara would be constantly dragging the show back into the status quo but instead in a war of mad kings and gods she is a necessary trickster hero who lays waste their best laid plans returns their humanity

she doesnt even need to be in the room look how mad shinomiya got when she imagined kaichou and fujiwara together

a lesser series would turn her into a love rival.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think they mixed up Shinomiya with Shirogane. So they thought she was comparing herself to him. Going he did it once, no way I can't.

The intended meaning in the Japanese source is "I already agreed to hear her out, and as a member of the Shinomiya family, I can't go back on my word." The manga translation is correct.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Daxing Dan posted:

The intended meaning in the Japanese source is "I already agreed to hear her out, and as a member of the Shinomiya family, I can't go back on my word." The manga translation is correct.

Yeah I know that. I am thinking the translator just mixed up the names.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Droyer posted:

i can't believe i had forgotten about the dying alpaca pose

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

"I raised that boy" made me cackle madly. So good.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

CottonWolf posted:

"I raised that boy" made me cackle madly. So good.
That one just barely beats out "I'm Shirogane" as my new favorite line.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

EP 6 is here! Finally our guy has a speaking role. Also, that added tidbit with Kaguya practizing using mannequins and Hayasaka was great!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The extra scenes and direction continue to be very nice.

And I’m absolutely shocked that both of Hayasaka’s modes are the same VA, that’s amazing. On the other hand, I’m not that impressed by Ishigami’s VA. It captures his depression pretty good, but I just hope there’s more range for when it’s needed later.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kaguya practicing the book answers with Hayasaka and the mannequins made me burst out in laughter. Same with the dump truck of flowers dumping on Kaguya

I love these flourishes the anime staff adds to already hilarious stories :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

El Burbo posted:

The extra scenes and direction continue to be very nice.

And I’m absolutely shocked that both of Hayasaka’s modes are the same VA, that’s amazing. On the other hand, I’m not that impressed by Ishigami’s VA. It captures his depression pretty good, but I just hope there’s more range for when it’s needed later.

We'll see when we get to some of the latter chapters. Most of the early Ishigami chapters play up his depressed side.

That said, since we're getting the club chapter next week, we should be able to see more of his range then.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We heard a bit of his range in his inner monologue, he'll be fine.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dump truck of flowers got a big laugh from me.

Any idea who the silhouette of the girl was in the Ishigami flashback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Looked like Kaguya, yo