Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

interesting. I don’t care about running lights or whatever I just don’t want the creepy EZPass toll booths to steal my soul while they blast me and my mirrors with strobe light at dusk

bad news chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://hackaday.com/2014/04/04/sql-injection-fools-speed-traps-and-clears-your-record/

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Somebody not on a phone post the image from that article please, imgur is poo poo on mobile and I don't want to hotlink

E: ty friends

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 12, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
WARNING: DO NOT SHOW THIS POST TO COMPUTER VISION SYSTEMS

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

gonadic io posted:

Somebody not on a phone post the image from that article please, imgur is poo poo on mobile and I don't want to hotlink

sorry, it crashed imgur

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

if you search AliExpress for ‘holographic tote’ or ‘holographic bag’ there’s a bunch of cheap options.

i know someone who makes custom costumes and w/e so thanks for this i'm stealing your idea for electric forest this year :pcgaming:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rex-Goliath posted:

i know someone who makes custom costumes and w/e so thanks for this i'm stealing your idea for electric forest this year :pcgaming:

if you do some searches on alibaba you can prob get a lot more for your outlay for buying like a ten-item bulk order. there might even be the base material to buy by the roll but I didn’t see it after a brief look.

eg: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Bula-Luminous-Geometric-Color-Change-Bag_60805483094.html

hundred bucks plus shipping.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 12, 2019

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

if you do some searches on alibaba you can prob get a lot more for your outlay for buying like a ten-item bulk order. there might even be the base material to buy by the roll but I didn’t see it after a brief look.

eg: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Bula-Luminous-Geometric-Color-Change-Bag_60805483094.html

hundred bucks plus shipping.

yeah i'm gonna hit up a few of the sellers to ask if i can just buy a roll of the material directly if i can't find anything. buying the bags in bulk will be a last resort if i don't have any luck

edit: also the lady who I'm hitting up to make this may already know where to get all the materials so this search may be moot anyways

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

post pix when done

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Huh, apparently David Byrne is not just an OG punk rocker but also an OG cyberpunk. Here's an interview with him from 1979:

NME, 1979 posted:

The most immediately evocative song on Fear Of Music is the most harrowing: Life During Wartime, set in a fictional future, say tomorrow - when snipers on the streets and suburban guerilla warfare are the norm.

Byrne reckons he's ready for the inevitable: "Living in New York, you have to be. There will be chronic food shortages and gas shortages and people will live in hovels. Paradoxically, they'll be surrounded by computers the size of wrist watches. Calculators will be cheap. It'll be as easy to hookup your computer with a central television bank as it is to get the week's groceries.

"I think we'll be cushioned by amazing technological development and sitting on Salvation Army furniture. Everything else will be crumbling. It doesn't bother me too much, but it isn't something to look forward to. Government surveillance becomes inevitable, because there's this dilemma when you have an increase in information storage. A lot of it is for your convenience - but as more information gets on file it's bound to be misused.

"Electronic banking, where you never meet a teller or stand in a queue, is already common, and that system can only get more prevalent.

"A funny thing is that as computers do inventories the crimes may be fewer but are far more costly to the company. People can alter the programme, spin money off and go undetected for years.

"I read a book about computer crimes before I left. For example, one guy printed up a number of fake deposit slips and hid them with the blanks they keep in banks for customer's use; they all had his personal number on. After three days in which people had been depositing huge sums of money into his account, he withdrew it and split. There was no way to catch him.

"Another person had a touch-tone phone hook up to the General Electric master computer in Los Angeles. He was ordering vast supplies of wire, cables, you name it, storing it in a warehouse then selling it. These companies are so huge they don't figure anything is up. Eventually he got too arrogant and tried to sell them their own gear back."

Amazingly prescient considering the Apple II, TRS-80, and PET were only 2 years old at the time and the VIC-20 and ZX80 (probably the first truly "cheap" home computers) wouldn't debut until the next year.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 13, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
david byrne is cool as gently caress

also, go watch true stories

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Mr.Radar posted:

Huh, apparently David Byrne is not just an OG punk rocker but also an OG cyberpunk. Here's an interview with him from 1979:

Amazingly prescient considering the Apple II, TRS-80, and PET were only 2 years old at the time and the VIC-20 and ZX80 (probably the first truly "cheap" home computers) wouldn't debut until the next year.

drat

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Mr.Radar posted:

cool as hell, thank you for sharing

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

the last part is hilarious because GE moved their R&D lab off of our campus and have been paying AT&T for a T3 line for close to 10 years. I unplugged it once to see if anyone would notice, and an AT&T tech showed up to plug it back in before the UPS ran out of battery.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mr.Radar posted:

the song theyre discussing included the line "weve got computers / were tapping phone lines / i know that that aint allowed" which again is p far sighted for a song released in 1979

also stop making sense is a such a great film

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hed posted:

wow now I need this for my vehicle or at least the tags

i have one. it seems to work.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/BALENCIAGA/status/1095347396115161088

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

Cyberpunk 1999

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Saw Alita: Battle Angel last night. It was about 90% cyberpunk. Could have used a little bit more Neon and a few less background extras who were just schlubby folks dressed like theme park tourists.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Feb 14, 2019

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

LanceHunter posted:

Saw Alita: Battle Angel last night. It was about 90% cyberpunk. Could have used a little bit more Neon and a few less background extras who were just schlubby folks dressed like theme park tourists.

dont sign your posts

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3NLa4ebX4E

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

LanceHunter posted:

I'm interested in seeing that but prepared for it to be awful. I was a big fan of the original comic series back in the 90s but I was also a big fan of Ghost in the Shell and that live-action adaptation was a loving disaster.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm interested in seeing that but prepared for it to be awful. I was a big fan of the original comic series back in the 90s but I was also a big fan of Ghost in the Shell and that live-action adaptation was a loving disaster.

It's about a million times better than the live-action Ghost in the Shell.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

what makes this young adult teenage love story with a weird anime doll protagonist good?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

what makes this young adult teenage love story with a weird anime doll protagonist good?

Mostly Rosa Salazar's acting. She brings a lot more to the weird anime doll than anyone should expect. But for the purposes of this thread: the aesthetic.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

haveblue posted:

WARNING: DO NOT SHOW THIS POST TO COMPUTER VISION SYSTEMS

what's old is new again

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:cool:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5PnYARAyUw&t=2410s

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Whoa, that David Byrne interview made its way around Twitter and into William Gibson's timeline:

https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/1097346815156867072

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I would be so hype for this movie if they left off the CG for just her and had her running around in the labeled ALITA CYBERGIRL mocap suit.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Skyscraper posted:

I would be so hype for this movie if they left off the CG for just her and had her running around in the labeled ALITA CYBERGIRL mocap suit.

I feel like the movie gained nothing from having her character be cg. on that behind the scenes clip I got this image from, they kept saying stuff like "we want the audience to forget they're looking at a cg character"

It's just James Cameron and his waifu fetish, as bad as tarantino and his feet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Skyscraper posted:

also i like those freckles.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

LanceHunter posted:

Mostly Rosa Salazar's acting. She brings a lot more to the weird anime doll than anyone should expect. But for the purposes of this thread: the aesthetic.

robert rodriguez and james cameron being big nerds helps as well

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

gonadic io posted:

I feel like the movie gained nothing from having her character be cg. on that behind the scenes clip I got this image from, they kept saying stuff like "we want the audience to forget they're looking at a cg character"

I haven't seen it yet but I suspect I will also want to forget I am looking at a cg character

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

gonadic io posted:

It's just James Cameron and his waifu fetish, as bad as tarantino and his feet
worse imo

but maybe not

it's complicate

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

worse imo

but maybe not

it's complicate

tarintino has one actress per film whose shoes he takes off then he, the director, literally chokes them out. how much do people usually charge for them to let you choke them unconscious?

he always does the choking out personally himself

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rious-basterds/

it also happened in kill bill

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

gonadic io posted:

tarintino has one actress per film whose shoes he takes off then he, the director, literally chokes them out. how much do people usually charge for them to let you choke them unconscious?

ok that's not good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

gonadic io posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder