Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

barkbell posted:

How accurate is that

It's probably based on the new area pop up that tells you what quality loot is in each area. Seems accurate to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

shut up blegum posted:

Woo I got 4 kills in a game! What's the point of those finishing moves btw? Just stylish ways to humiliate your opponent?

They recharge your shields.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Devotion is awful. Never any ammo, huge recoil, spinup time makes it annoying to use. Would rather have practically any other gun aside from the lovely pistols.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

They recharge your shields.

Only if you have legendary armor. Otherwise they're just for fun.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bardeh posted:

Only if you have legendary armor. Otherwise they're just for fun.

Good to know. I didn't realize it was just yellow armor.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
If you're not jump kicking or slide kicking loot ticks I don't know what to tell you.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I want actual ticks, when's the pilot legend that can wall run and throw ticks

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lmao you can pull friends out of live games by using the join functions in the friends list. Like straight kick them out of a game and make them join your group

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

overwatch is shittily designed lol (and i say that as someone who's played far too much of it). a good ow is definitely not better than a good apex match.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Only yesterday I noticed if you press the climb button your character climb 1 entire tile high. If theres a door, or other salient, you can use that again to climb another tile. Since many buildings are 2 tiles high, you can climb with this button to the rooft of these 2 tiles high buildings.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Im running into the same problem in this that I did in titanfall 2: my right sick is apparently pretty loose on the push, so I'll be fighting and just randomly melee, which gets me killed. I switched to bumper jumper plus right stick crouch right before I went to bed, which should help.

I only got to play about 4 games last night for a total of 3 kills and 4 rear end whippings, but this is really fun. It's like Overwatch Royale with TF2 mechanics, and just feels great.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think the enforced 3 person squads are critical to this game, but they only work because the ping system is so robust.

Also firing a zipline as Pathfinder and having your squad zip down to another squad to murder them is sick as hell.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fart Car '97 posted:

Lmao you can pull friends out of live games by using the join functions in the friends list. Like straight kick them out of a game and make them join your group

I don't think that's how that works -- I've had friends join my group while I was ingame and I've never been kicked out of a match. I think they just stay "In Match" until they're done, then they come back to the group lobby.

It's very convenient though, I can just log on and join a buddy's group and go do something else while he finishes up his match, instead of having to wait until he's done and alerts me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Man I really need to get better at aiming since I'm super rusty, but have no idea how to effectively practice short of playing a different game with more shooting.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
just land in the punch zone, grab a gun, and survive.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Lately our premise has been doing 100% hotdrops. As soon as that countdown hits zero we jump and head straight down. Either we die in 3 minutes or we make it to the final 5 usually. As an added bonus, if even one survives you can easily get the respawn because everyone moves out of that dropsite quick or dies.

Just playing constantly ultra-aggressive has really help me “get” the games pacing and style down better. I’m sure after a while we will slow down and play more tactically but for now we gotta get the basics down first.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
My favorite place to drop is Water Treatment. Also I seem to do way better when I have to run halfway across the map to get to the circle because it keeps me on my toes instead of camping the circle for 10 minutes.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think that's how that works -- I've had friends join my group while I was ingame and I've never been kicked out of a match. I think they just stay "In Match" until they're done, then they come back to the group lobby.

It's very convenient though, I can just log on and join a buddy's group and go do something else while he finishes up his match, instead of having to wait until he's done and alerts me.

We had a game just now where I used the join as group function on a solo 3rd ingame and it ripped him out of a solo queue game and made him join ours

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 13, 2019

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lmao I just forced myself onto a goon's team on PS4, I had no idea this was possible

I am incredibly rude

E: yes I'm waiting, it says they're in a match

orange sky fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 13, 2019

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

orange sky posted:

lmao I just forced myself onto a goon's team on PS4, I had no idea this was possible

I am incredibly rude

E: yes I'm waiting, it says they're in a match

I played with goons day 1, but than day 2 the crashes started happening and now I've been avoiding play with goons because I don't want to risk dropping half the games :(

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

Fuzz posted:

Man I really need to get better at aiming since I'm super rusty, but have no idea how to effectively practice short of playing a different game with more shooting.

If you’re playing PC you can download a program called Kovaak’s aim trainer.

I dunno what to tell you on console you only have the in game training course and in game practice to work with. The training course might help with tracking if you slide while shooting the dummies. Also if you like to snipe or shoot long range I recommend getting familiar with bullet drop in the training course.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Morphix posted:

I played with goons day 1, but than day 2 the crashes started happening and now I've been avoiding play with goons because I don't want to risk dropping half the games :(

Yeah from what I hear Respawn has a lot of work to do on PCs

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
KovaaK's FPS Aim Trainer sounds cool, but we'd need a profile set to emulate Apex, right? Also, the pacing in this game is good enough that you could probably just hot drop for an hour instead.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Executions aren’t just for fun, if they got a purple resist shield it’s quicker to just execute them than punch or shoot them down. Especially if they’re trying to crawl outside of cover and expose you.

And if you want to do some sweet grapple tricks with Pathfinder this vid is a great explanation

https://youtu.be/dxSmRqIxaHw

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

orange sky posted:

Yeah from what I hear Respawn has a lot of work to do on PCs

Anecdotally, I was having consistent crashes every 4-5 games and rolling back my graphics card drivers fixed it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Eleeleth posted:

Anecdotally, I was having consistent crashes every 4-5 games and rolling back my graphics card drivers fixed it.

I'm on current drivers and have had zero crashes so far. I'm the only one in my groups that hasn't crashed at this point.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Nalesh posted:

Please, that's like, dropping out of highschool levels.

Dang, you got me beat. This is the best one I've got so far but it's cheating since it was a goon squad, three actual people instead of two plus a disconnect, and we've got (some) actual damage and poo poo (idk why we only got two kills - p sure the final fight was vs a full three man squad):

By the way, it seems like damage doesn't count shields...?

LaserTrickShorty posted:

Loot tier map. Definitely gonna wanna drop in the purple areas unless you’re going for the blue circle.

There's an interactive version with a ton more info here (possibly goon made? unsure): http://apexlegendsmap.net/

Relay is a highly underrated drop zone by the way, it's got an absolute shitton of sweet sweet loot (especially in the loading zone off to the eastern edge) and almost nobody ever goes there. Except people like me who want to avoid fights, but those are usually easy kills ( :ironicat: ). Bunker/Airbase/Runoff/The Pit is for nerds. Pubbies seem to love dropping Bridges or Cascade for some unfathomable reason. Or Market, which is even weirder considering how poo poo it is.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 13, 2019

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
theres something to be said for just going for it and dropping early but you're always limited by ammo in a way that feels kind of arbitrary. I can get two, even three kills, but eventually I'm going to run dry and someone is going to find me depending on the how many people are there. then whether im still in it depends on my squad killing them and rezing me without dying themselves

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Just logged in and new patch!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Installed shadowplay and got an absolute corker with some truly amazing pubbies but the audio has really loud glitchy pops in some spots damnit.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Water Treatment is my jam. Most of my games it's empty or only one other squad drops there with mine.

Had a great win last night with two of my buddies. We cruised around Cascades to Bunker to Pit and ended up in Runoff. Got into an extended engagement with three squads in a row, one after another. We were holding down a squad in Airbase from the top of the wall at Runoff (pro-tip, you can open a door and climb on top of it to get on top of the southern Runoff wall and you can clearly see in all directions). Suddenly we get jumped from inside Runoff. We jumped down and fought them through several of our squad getting knocked but never bannered. The original squad we were holding down came over to join in the fun and a third squad after that. I got the final kill for the dinner. The fighting was so intense and so prolonged that I had no idea we were down to the final two squads until the you are the champion screen popped up.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Morphix posted:

Just logged in and new patch!

Patchnotes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aq8bh7/apex_legends_2132019_preseason_patch_notes_01/

quote:

VALENTINES DAYS

Added "Live Die Live" Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.

Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!

“Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin

"Love of the Game" Pathfinder banner frame

STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL

Various improvements and tweaks to UI.

Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.

Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.

Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.

Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.

Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.

Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.

Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.

GEAR

Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.

KINGS CANYON

Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.

PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK

Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.

We still have a lot of work to do and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes and are working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone.

A few Valentine's cosmetics and minor bugfixes.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Installed shadowplay and got an absolute corker with some truly amazing pubbies but the audio has really loud glitchy pops in some spots damnit.

If your pc can support it just run obs. Shadowplay has never not been a gigantic mess for me.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

TheFluff posted:

Dang, you got me beat. This is the best one I've got so far but it's cheating since it was a goon squad, three actual people instead of two plus a disconnect, and we've got (some) actual damage and poo poo (idk why we only got two kills - p sure the final fight was vs a full three man squad):

By the way, it seems like damage doesn't count shields...?

There's an interactive version with a ton more info here (possibly goon made? unsure): http://apexlegendsmap.net/

Relay is a highly underrated drop zone by the way, it's got an absolute shitton of sweet sweet loot (especially in the loading zone off to the eastern edge) and almost nobody ever goes there. Except people like me who want to avoid fights, but those are usually easy kills ( :ironicat: ). Bunker/Airbase/Runoff/The Pit is for nerds. Pubbies seem to love dropping Bridges or Cascade for some unfathomable reason. Or Market, which is even weirder considering how poo poo it is.

The map is indeed goonmade, by Wilko, the dude who got so good at modding Payday 2 that he got hired on by them. I’ll be interested to see if he makes anything for this.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

CascadeBeta posted:

If your pc can support it just run obs. Shadowplay has never not been a gigantic mess for me.

Weirdly the shadowplay recording has gaps in the audio for some reason then when I compress it down with avidemux those gaps in the audio turn into pops and glitches. Hell even Windows DVR worked better than this.

https://gfycat.com/IllustriousSpicyEmeraldtreeskink

That double mozambique knockdown though.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://clips.twitch.tv/ScaryTiredBibimbapDeIlluminati

Barely survived a clutch rip

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

So really really dumb question, are the loot tiers of the areas pre-defined? As in, if I drop in Skull Town, it will always be a Mid-Tier loot location, just the loot there is randomized? Or is it a situation where the loot tiers also randomize each match.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

YouSpoonyBard posted:

So really really dumb question, are the loot tiers of the areas pre-defined? As in, if I drop in Skull Town, it will always be a Mid-Tier loot location, just the loot there is randomized? Or is it a situation where the loot tiers also randomize each match.

Aside from the special loot zone blue circle they’re always the same

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

My FPS went from being stuck around 80fps at high settings to 130fps, and low I was 100 previously and now 160~

Only one game in so far but no crashes to report, also the games actually using my VRAM correctly now, before it never went above 2.4gb of use, now it hovers around 6gb on the Insane setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
GTX 760 dude, come back! It might run better now :D