Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Gonkish posted:

Tetris 99 is AMAZING but also I am bad.

It's so loving cool! I doubt the novelty will last but I'm sure it will be my go-to for a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yoshi and Mech demos are out now

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I think the art style for the Link's Awakening remake looks really good and perfectly evokes the "world in a little window" aesthetic of pea green game boy games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I had to watch the direct on mute. Is the new tetris game free, is not what is the price?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I had to watch the direct on mute. Is the new tetris game free, is not what is the price?

Free

You need nintendo online

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just heard the news about the Link's Awakening remake. I am super excited....

jivjov posted:

Link's Awakening is up on Best Buy if anyone wants to lock in a GCU discount on it. Its a full $60 release though.

:eyepop:

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Tetris BR is the poo poo! I’m really bad a Tetris, but it’s really fun to play.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Rewatching Super Mario Maker 2 trailer:

Slopes
Wind things
Angry sun
Snake blocks
On/Off switches
Autoscroll in directions other than right
3D World style
Seesaw platforms
Giant 10-coins
Parachutes

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I lied. Got fifth in my first and only attempt at Tetris 99. I love it. Puyo puyo Tetris had nothing on it. Unless you wanna play offline.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dr. Fetus posted:

What licensing black magic did they pull to get orchestral music for Dragon Quest 11?

"we're throwing around our weight here, sign the release or we'll never put a spin off draque game on a nintendo console again so long as you draw breath and enix will lie the blame at your feet"

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

For Tetris 99, is there a lot of interaction with other players that a slow internet connection would gently caress you, or is it more like 99 people separately playing endurance mode?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Procrastine posted:

Slopes
Wind things
Angry sun
Snake blocks
On/Off switches
3D World style
Seesaw platforms
Giant 10-coins
Parachutes

Partial water areas are also a thing now.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just realized that all the waifus in Fire Emblem: Three Houses (we kicked out the useless Hufflepuffs) are gonna be underage students

So that's coooooooooool

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mr Snips posted:

I'm not crazy about the new artstyle for the link's awakening remake but if they get rid of the power triangles and defence nuts that changed the music for what felt like forever I will buy it

You are a fool because seeing it I felt exactly the way I felt when I first saw final images of Ocarina of Time back then

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s assuming their is a dating mechanic.

The game seems to have you not directly involved in stuff.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

asecondduck posted:

I just realized that all the waifus in Fire Emblem: Three Houses (we kicked out the useless Hufflepuffs) are gonna be underage students

So that's coooooooooool

it's a war college it's not actually a highschool

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
The Yoshi game is good, folks. I'm throwing eggs at the foreground and it's really neat. I thought the gameplay in the Direct looked a little stiff but it feels just fine. 60 is a tall ask but I just might have to grab this.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Procrastine posted:

Slopes
Wind things
Angry sun
Snake blocks
On/Off switches
3D World style
Seesaw platforms
Giant 10-coins
Parachutes

Camera control
Possibly coins connected to checkpoints
Water in non-water areas
New monsters, including spiky fish and a lot of others from NSMB and possibly sm3dw

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
A few friends and I don't have Nintendo Online but want to kill people in Tetris. Any drawbacks to us getting a family account, like will we be screwed if we need to split up to individual accounts down the line?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

asecondduck posted:

So that's coooooooooool

So Persona

e. oh god nevermind

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 14, 2019

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Click this. Important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XA-1Jjs7jc&t=115s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

asecondduck posted:

So that's coooooooooool

lol yeah that's what i told my buddy when i saw this

"RAISE YOUR STUDENTS

MARRY YOUR STUDENTS

this isn't unprofessional at all!"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tetris 99 is very good, but it also seems like maybe something that's been stripped out of another Tetris game because some of the menu options seem a little weird. So look forward to the upcoming Tetris the Grand Master Switch

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Azraelle posted:

Camera control
Possibly coins connected to checkpoints
Water in non-water areas
New monsters, including spiky fish and a lot of others from NSMB and possibly sm3dw

Ice, Desert, Forest and Space themes too

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Did they ever fix the faulty up input on the classic controller? I have the launch model and it makes Tetris unplayable.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 14, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Inferior Third Season posted:

For Tetris 99, is there a lot of interaction with other players that a slow internet connection would gently caress you, or is it more like 99 people separately playing endurance mode?

From what I've seen the interaction is deciding what kind of player you want to send your garbage blocks to and getting them. Nothing majorly strenuous that would gently caress you over on high ping.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

How are racing games going to work on Switch with no analog triggers? The only thing I can think of is putting the throttle on the right stick and that does not sound like a fun time.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

asecondduck posted:

So that's coooooooooool

I liked the part where there was clearly some kind of relationship heart gauge being filled up by a professor interacting with a student.

I really like Fire Emblem, but this one seems kind of :chloe: for a lot of reasons.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your PC is also a high school student in Persona

Persona 5 is only creepy if you date an adult woman or your younger sister

Otoh if I had been allowed to date Anime Bernie Sanders-san in Persona 5 I would have done it so I'm a huge hypocrite I guess, hopefully they add that in Persona 5: Crimson

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Rewatching Astral Chain:

Hideki Kamiya is "supervisor", not director
Director is Takahisa Taura (NieR:Automata/ANARCHY REIGNS)
Dog-Shaped Robot Buddy

Is Anarchy Reigns good? I think I've heard the name before but not whether it was in a good or bad context

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Never has a series gone from HOLY poo poo THE NEW ONE'S OUT GOTTA BUY IT NOW NOW NOW NOW to uhhh you're doing what now, with the stylus? :chloe: faster than Fire Emblem

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
"more rune factory" was at the very top of my 'things i want that will never happen' list so the direct could have literally just been the rune factory 5 logo and i would have loved it

very good direct

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

asecondduck posted:

Your PC is also a high school student in Persona

Persona 5 is only creepy if you date an adult woman or your younger sister

Otoh if I had been allowed to date Anime Bernie Sanders-san in Persona 5 I would have done it so I'm a huge hypocrite I guess, hopefully they add that in Persona 5: Crimson

lol yeah I just noticed that you were not also a pupil. Hmm.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Procrastine posted:

Is Anarchy Reigns good? I think I've heard the name before but not whether it was in a good or bad context

TBH I think Anarchy Reigns sucks. It feels like a MOBA but with some rudamentary Platinum gameplay. It DOES have some pretty sick music though.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Procrastine posted:

the soundtrack completely whips. the game itself is just kinda mediocre

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hit Top 20 twice in Tetris 99, that's probably my ceiling. Good drat game though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nichael posted:

I liked the part where there was clearly some kind of relationship heart gauge being filled up by a professor interacting with a student.
That's just the standard support growth icon in the series. It happens for both romantic and non-romantic supports.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Best Buy has had Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Seasons of Warfare Edition up for $99.99.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Procrastine posted:

It was the sort of sequel to MadWorld and was kinda ehhh to me as one of the few people who actually liked MadWorld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

AfroGunsou posted:

"more rune factory" was at the very top of my 'things i want that will never happen' list so the direct could have literally just been the rune factory 5 logo and i would have loved it

very good direct

did the company that did them go under due to harvest moon proper fuckery or something

how is this happening