Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People should probably be less judgy of fire emblem until it actually features what makes you mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also anarchy reigns was fun but you had to go into it expecting extremely dumbed down multiplayer devil may cry, and not just devil may cry

theres enough moves/combos to make fighting other people fun but theres not enough there to make it like, a super deep combat system

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

E: Ugh, nevermind.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Roluth posted:

...how in the world is that game in any definition "good"? It's literally just Tetris with the thinnest vernier of BR gameplay that reeks of jumping on the BR money train with absolutely nothing that justifies the large player count. Puyo-Puyo Tetris has five times the content that thing has. So stupid.

It's Tetris. Kinda hard to go wrong there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

People should probably be less judgy of fire emblem until it actually features what makes you mad.

What if I'm mad at anime?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Starlink question: What version am I looking for if I don't want to mess with any of the toys, just wanted to use the Star Fox crew / ships. Digital edition, or deluxe? I see the starter is only $25 on amazon, but I assume that would lock me into physical toys to play the drat game..

Is the Deluxe content actually necessary / useful, or is it just more variety and not Ar-Wing content.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Yoshi game is charming as gently caress, in the same way Wooly World was. You can hit stuff with eggs in the foreground and background. Also you control where the crosshair goes now instead of it doing the back and forth thing. There's a bunch of collectables too which I imagine just like Wooly World is gonna be the big challenge outside of the bonus levels. There doesn't seem to be a faster run button though

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Mega64 posted:

have i got the thread for you

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

asecondduck posted:

I just realized that all the waifus in Fire Emblem: Three Houses (we kicked out the useless Hufflepuffs) are gonna be underage students

So that's coooooooooool

You have to turn on your switches GPS so it can look up where your current location is and then it can look up age of consent laws in that area.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mega64 posted:

Well the switch is the wrong console for you

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's Tetris. Kinda hard to go wrong there.

It doesn’t have any awful creepy anime aesthetic so that alone makes it better than Puyo Tetris. A simple offline marathon mode would be a nice addition though.

Fire Emblem looks really good. The school mechanic intrigues me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's an officer's academy, they are all college graduates, come on.

One of the houses is run by Prince

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oscar Wild posted:

You have to turn on your switches GPS so it can look up where your current location is and then it can look up age of consent laws in that area.

That would be the funniest loving thing ever, although all that would happen would be that the "AGE: 13" stats text would be changed to "AGE: 19, WE SWEAR" like loving DoA

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

my new dog posted:

im gonna make some marios

:same:

All I need is Super Mario Maker 2 for the rest of my days.

Or until the community for it dies.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

It doesn’t have any awful creepy anime aesthetic so that alone makes it better than Puyo Tetris.

???????

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Macaluso posted:

The Yoshi game is charming as gently caress, in the same way Wooly World was. You can hit stuff with eggs in the foreground and background. Also you control where the crosshair goes now instead of it doing the back and forth thing. There's a bunch of collectables too which I imagine just like Wooly World is gonna be the big challenge outside of the bonus levels. There doesn't seem to be a faster run button though

Egg aiming is also a little on the slow side, but I think I can live with it. Neat tidbit: in the demo after you finish the level you're sent back in with an objective to throw an egg at each of the five cows in the level, and once you've hit them all they let you leave on the spot, no need to play out the level again! Surprised me with that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Suspicious Cook posted:

:same:

All I need is Super Mario Maker 2 for the rest of my days.

Or until the community for it dies.

Just the stuff that trailer showed alone should increase creativity of possible interesting levels by 10 fold. Just let creators easily link levels into worlds, bring back the commenting features and it’ll pretty much be perfect.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SeANMcBAY posted:

It doesn’t have any awful creepy anime aesthetic so that alone makes it better than Puyo Tetris. A simple offline marathon mode would be a nice addition though.

What.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Mario Maker 2 trailer analysis:

Slopes
Wind things
Desert level theme (Azraelle)
Angry sun
Ice level theme (Azraelle)
Snake blocks
Forest level theme (Azraelle)
Levels can have both water and not-water (Sam Faust)
On/Off switches
Autoscroll in directions other than right
Some sort of coin-collection mechanic (Azraelle)
3D World style including: Ant Troopers, Porcupuffers, Bullies, Hop-Chops, Stingbies, Skipsqueaks, Piranha Creepers, Super Bells, multiplying blocks, clear pipes, gratings, background Banzai Bills, Boom Boom; which are usable in other styles is unknown
Seesaw platforms
Giant 10-coins
Parachutes
Space level theme (Azraelle)
Mario holds a small Luigi in front of Luigi

Watch out Gamexplain

also thank you Mario Wiki for telling me the evil trampolines are called Hop-Chops

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yoshi demo looks really rough on a big screen. Haven't tried it handheld yet but I guess it's the sharp cutout style of the objects. Also the frame rate of the level select screen seems bizarrely low :confused:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A kid in the row in front of me in class started playing a video on his phone and I went, "Is he watching Mario Maker videos... YESSSSS!"

Also, that kid really needed to pay more attention. It's a complicated subject.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like I'm the resident wet blanket anime bitching poster and Puyo Puyo Tetris is OK in my book

I mean the voices are a little annoying but whatever

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fire Emblem looks really good. The school mechanic intrigues me.

This post gave me whiplash

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

onesixtwo posted:

Starlink question: What version am I looking for if I don't want to mess with any of the toys, just wanted to use the Star Fox crew / ships. Digital edition, or deluxe? I see the starter is only $25 on amazon, but I assume that would lock me into physical toys to play the drat game..

Is the Deluxe content actually necessary / useful, or is it just more variety and not Ar-Wing content.

I would go for the $60 digital personally, it gives you plenty of weapons to fool around with and five or so ships, which can function as extra lives when your Arwing crashes and burns in a tough fight. Those physical starter sets don't force you to use the toys (I don't think, anyway) but they come with one ship and maybe two weapons and then you're stuck shelling out more $$$ if you want variety, since you can't actually unlock anything in-game.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just the stuff that trailer showed alone should increase creativity of possible interesting levels by 10 fold. Just let creators easily link levels into worlds, bring back the commenting features and it’ll pretty much be perfect.

playlists have to be in 2. No doubt in my mind.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Creepy is overblown but I don’t like that little girl touhou aesthetic in games that much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Creepy is overblown but I don’t like that little girl touhou aesthetic in games that much.
you mean things girls like?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So the links awakening remake is really ugly aesthetically but Ill still probably play it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

So the links awakening remake is really ugly aesthetically but Ill still probably play it.

I was all for it until I saw it's 60 bones.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

imagine thinking the modestly dressed highly stylized blobs of Puyo Puyo is creepy and then saying a game in the same series as Fire Emblem Fates looks great

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Gamerofthegame posted:

did the company that did them go under due to harvest moon proper fuckery or something

how is this happening

On November 29, 2013, the company announced that it would cease operations and file for bankruptcy. The very next day, Rune Factory producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto of Marvelous AQL, the series publisher, said that while what their next project was a secret, "the staff members are still doing great." In February 2014, it was revealed that the Rune Factory development team had been hired by Marvelous AQL, and that they were developing the Nintendo 3DS simulation role-playing video game Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven.

lord of magna was pretty meh as far as i ever heard so hopefully rune factory 5 comes out better

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Endorph posted:

you mean things girls like?

You know what I’m trying to say.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Puyo Puyo Tetris' artstyle is just "cute", there's no attempts for sexualization or anything like that. They look like 4th/5th gen Pokemon trainer portraits with thicker lines.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

You know what I’m trying to say.
I mean just going 'I don't like this' is whatever but specifically leading in with 'creepy' is pretty loaded.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Procrastine posted:

Mario Maker 2 trailer analysis:

Slopes
Wind things
Desert level theme (Azraelle)
Angry sun
Ice level theme (Azraelle)
Snake blocks
Forest level theme (Azraelle)
Levels can have both water and not-water (Sam Faust)
On/Off switches
Autoscroll in directions other than right
Some sort of coin-collection mechanic (Azraelle)
3D World style including: Ant Troopers, Porcupuffers, Bullies, Hop-Chops, Stingbies, Skipsqueaks, Piranha Creepers, Super Bells, multiplying blocks, clear pipes, gratings, background Banzai Bills, Boom Boom; which are usable in other styles is unknown
Seesaw platforms
Giant 10-coins
Parachutes
Space level theme (Azraelle)
Mario holds a small Luigi in front of Luigi

Watch out Gamexplain

also thank you Mario Wiki for telling me the evil trampolines are called Hop-Chops

June can't come soon enough.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

So they're just calling it Link's Awakening, no suffix or anything huh

Also the goombas don't smile anymore 0/10

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was all for it until I saw it's 60 bones.

wow, a new game costs as much as new games usually cost

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The use of blur in Yoshi is so good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

wow, a new game costs as much as new games usually cost

lol ok dude.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda