Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Infinitum insightful pays attention to posts. Following "Town logic" he MUST be scum.

Quote where he does this, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

As the guy who's super suspicious I'd like to present my hot take on the top 5 people. Keep in mind I'm on a phone so I must be concise.

Dick Bastardly: joke vote. People are sticking to their vote for any tell.

Infinitum insightful pays attention to posts. Following "Town logic" he MUST be scum.

Chaoslord: being forgetful about who had what posting priveleges. A shame if unintentional; malicious if unintentional.

Humalong: not presenting his case well. Need to clarify with more words.

Self: fourth mafia going forward. Latest unique mafia game. Would love to play unique part of game without mafia part getting in the way.

what about Keane, who you're voting?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

L

O

L

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok my thoughts on the non-me folks tied at 2 as I head out the door.

AAI: I really don't understand the votes on AAI? The only posts they've made is either trying to hop on the DB rolling start and otherwise asking a question about the mechanics. They're lurky, but votefinder pegs this as their third "real" game of mafia. Possible newbie scum I guess but I think things are being read into too much, and if we're going to vote a lurker there are better options imo

Huma: The huma phrasing is bad because it absolutely implies they think AAI is a threat to town and then they backpedaled away from it like all hell. But with how hard they doubled down on it I am inclined to believe that, in their head, it read differently than it did to pretty much everyone else.

Infi: Case on huma is that huma is making meta cases. Strange driveby.

DB: Admittedly only here because I never bothered to unvote. Would have been a great turbo :colbert: shouldn't be voted now though imo.

Keane: Eh I'm out of time and truth be told it'd take a lot for me to vote keane today.

Given all that I'm most comfortable with an ##vote Infinitum vote.

Will try to check in but will probably be unsuccessful

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’ve played like two games with AAI and this is how they posted as scum and SK in both those games
[/quote

[quote="Infinitum" post="492542640"]
This is awfully weird meta posting to be doing D1

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

AAI: I really don't understand the votes on AAI? The only posts they've made is either trying to hop on the DB rolling start and otherwise asking a question about the mechanics. They're lurky, but votefinder pegs this as their third "real" game of mafia. Possible newbie scum I guess but I think things are being read into too much, and if we're going to vote a lurker there are better options imo

What do you think of the most recent AAI post?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

As the guy who's super suspicious I'd like to present my hot take on the top 5 people. Keep in mind I'm on a phone so I must be concise.

Dick Bastardly: joke vote. People are sticking to their vote for any tell.

Chaoslord: being forgetful about who had what posting priveleges. A shame if unintentional; malicious if unintentional.

Humalong: not presenting his case well. Need to clarify with more words.

Self: fourth mafia going forward. Latest unique mafia game. Would love to play unique part of game without mafia part getting in the way.

whats your read on Keane? also good luck on the bolded part

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Would much prefer to vote Anon but I'll swap as needed

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Who do you want to vote for?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is a more interesting avenue to explore now, imo

##vote AAI

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

whats your read on Keane? also good luck on the bolded part

Keane: he's pinging me so hard. Using "Town logic" as a crutch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m sorry but this made zero sense when Infinitum posted it and for you to support it is even more mind boggling especially since it was me defending you

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

what is this uhhhh town logi and uhhhh why is it bad

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

"pinging you so hard" that you forget to case him? nah

##vote anon idiot

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Max posted:

Who do you want to vote for?

## vote CCKeane I'm finding him too gamey of the bunch.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m sorry but this made zero sense when Infinitum posted it and for you to support it is even more mind boggling especially since it was me defending you

You described me as playing as scum or sk in the games we were playing and likening me that. I don't consider this a defense.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

## vote CCKeane I'm finding him too gamey of the bunch.

You described me as playing as scum or sk in the games we were playing and likening me that. I don't consider this a defense.

But you were scum and SK and you posted just like this in those games! I thought it was a null tell!

Are you actually scum or SK again?!?!?!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

I'm at work on my morning breakfast break, and I won't be around for deadline.

##vote Humalong

I think he's made a couple of weird meta arguments, particularly for D1, and poo poo like "one of the lurkers is likely scum wink wink lynch a lurker" stand out to me

:chloe:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m driving home, should only take me about 15 minutes so I’ll be here to move my vote at deadline if needed. Obviously I think Binus is scum and would prefer him for lunch today.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Max posted:

This is a more interesting avenue to explore now, imo

##vote AAI

Max
Nov 30, 2002

?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

But you were scum and SK and you posted just like this in those games! I thought it was a null tell!

Are you actually scum or SK again?!?!?!

So you contradict yourself and now say you Weren't defending me?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I'm AI's IRL Bro. Nothing about his posting is pinging me. I think it's really interesting to watch the last minute push though. DB and Max have risen on my attention scale.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Defending another poster day one with a meme of some sort. KDrex you're breaking new ground.

I wonder what happens if I do this ##vote infinitum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

I'm AI's IRL Bro. Nothing about his posting is pinging me. I think it's really interesting to watch the last minute push though. DB and Max have risen on my attention scale.

Why?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We're 40 minutes from deadline without a good idea of who's going. AAI's most recent string of post read as either not really that serious or are not making sense to me at all. Who do you want voted right now?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Defending another poster day one with a meme of some sort. KDrex you're breaking new ground.

I wonder what happens if I do this ##vote infinitum.

I can also throw a vote this direction.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

chaoslord posted:

Was there anything in particular that jumped out to you that caused you to change your mind or is it all gut?

At first, it seemed like a terrible attempt to get me lunched. But nobody joined him in voting me. also, I was a little surprised he didn't claim. Regardless of alignment, that (imo) would have been the easiest way to save himself. While I agree with that some lurkers are probably scum, I can't shake this feeling that scum are among some of more active players. it also seems like there have been a ton of votes tossed around today, more than usual on d1. does anyone else feel this way?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

KhediveRex posted:

did you address this fact with the maf community and or the mod before this game started?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

did you address this fact with the maf community and or the mod before this game started?

it should be noted that this is a courtesy and not a requirement ( i think)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dick Bastardly posted:

if it's something the mod takes issue with I'm sure they will deal with it and you don't need to worry

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's kinda known, but more so on the discord channel than on the forums, I think.

Where's merk?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Somberbrero posted:

if it's something the mod takes issue with I'm sure they will deal with it and you don't need to worry

:hai:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rolecall, who's actually here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hmmm this is a bit of a mess. Not really into AAI votes, probably move to infi but still holding out for a late Keane push

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Max posted:

Im here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What up b

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

hmmm this is a bit of a mess. Not really into AAI votes, probably move to infi but still holding out for a late Keane push

KK

##vote inf

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Max posted:

We're 40 minutes from deadline without a good idea of who's going. AAI's most recent string of post read as either not really that serious or are not making sense to me at all. Who do you want voted right now?

To answer your first question, in the last hour you can rely on scum pushing a town. Does that mean everyone campaigning in the last hour is bad? No, certainly. But it does mean scum can be found among the people with an axe to grind in the last hour.

AI's most recent string of posts is signature AI. It doesn't worry me even if it's more elaborate and esoteric than standard cases.

At the moment, Hum, DB or Bminus are some of my top picks. But, I'll vote whoever I need to to avoid a mislynch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Present!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Max posted:

Here!