Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

Toby is a cool customer with a strong idea of what he is doing. I don't think there was ever a serious reason to think he'd have particular trouble with this.

So what you're saying is Toby hired you and Toriel throwing a giant turkey at Asgore in a fit of rage is indeed canon. Press X to violate your NDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ruffian Price posted:

Where's the Brawlsei plush Scarodactyl

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Replace my children with the black goat

So we may live so deliciously

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Scarodactyl posted:

Toby is a cool customer with a strong idea of what he is doing. I don't think there was ever a serious reason to think he'd have particular trouble with this.

I am sort of curious how an episodic Undertale game is going to work and how many chapters there will be in total (also how long the wait between installments is going to be). But the first one felt like a complete game in and of itself so there shouldn't be a problem in regards to content at the very least.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

I am sort of curious how an episodic Undertale game is going to work and how many chapters there will be in total (also how long the wait between installments is going to be). But the first one felt like a complete game in and of itself so there shouldn't be a problem in regards to content at the very least.

It's not episodic. Only the first chapter is a standalone, because he wasn't sure if he could make a full game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

NewMars posted:

It's not episodic. Only the first chapter is a standalone, because he wasn't sure if he could make a full game.

Ah, the trailer said that additional chapters were in the works so I just assumed that meant the rest of the game would be released bit by bit. But the fact that it's already getting a console release this soon means that the wheels are in motion at the very least.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 14, 2019

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
releasing deltarune one chapter at a time would be hilariously chaotic for the fanbase

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

Ah, the trailer said that additional chapters were in the works so I just assumed that meant the rest of the game would be released bit by bit. But the fact that it's already getting a console release this soon means that the wheels are in motion at the very least.
Yeah, on his blog thing back a bit after the PC release of Deltarune he said the game is structured into chapters, but only chapter 1 was standalone as a demo. It won't be an episodic release, you'll just be able to get the whole thing when it's finished.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

releasing deltarune one chapter at a time would be hilariously chaotic for the fanbase

As it turns out deltarune chapter one is the actual name.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Oxxidation posted:

Homestuck level hiatus between games would be strong

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Internet's been overdue for a game that people get mad about playing because other people enjoyed it too loudly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad there is now a nonzero chance for Susie to get into Smash.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Internet's been overdue for a game that people get mad about playing because other people enjoyed it too loudly.

With tumblr dying and all, is there anywhere that could reach the critical mass of people getting excited about video game characters required?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

surprise twist: ralsei's the one who makes it in and he really, really doesn't want to be there

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vs Susie would be a loving amazing song in smash

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hogama posted:

Yeah, on his blog thing back a bit after the PC release of Deltarune he said the game is structured into chapters, but only chapter 1 was standalone as a demo. It won't be an episodic release, you'll just be able to get the whole thing when it's finished.

thank goodness, to be honest

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, with the amount of speculation floating around and people finding additional foreshadowing in the Japanese translation, I feel like the community already has some endgame poo poo spoiled

An episodic release would be like Westworld season one, the biggest reveals ruined for people who couldn't stay offline for months. Getting the whole thing all at once means you can take your time to parse it on its own

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

Yeah, with the amount of speculation floating around and people finding additional foreshadowing in the Japanese translation, I feel like the community already has some endgame poo poo spoiled

An episodic release would be like Westworld season one, the biggest reveals ruined for people who couldn't stay offline for months. Getting the whole thing all at once means you can take your time to parse it on its own

What additional foreshadowing was added to the Japanese version?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah gonna Suze Again, but on the Switch

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
re: smash rep I'm still pulling for Frisk or Undyne (copdyne as alt costume)

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Larryb posted:

What additional foreshadowing was added to the Japanese version?

Grammar differences make it more obvious that Gas- the first narrator is being interrupted by a different person. ANOTHER HIM, indeed

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Ruffian Price posted:

Grammar differences make it more obvious that Gas- the first narrator is being interrupted by a different person. ANOTHER HIM, indeed

But that just raises further questions!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I just like having my mind blown with proper pacing

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

So what you're saying is Toby hired you and Toriel throwing a giant turkey at Asgore in a fit of rage is indeed canon.
I said he was a cool customer, not an ice cold customer.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ruffian Price posted:

I just like having my mind blown with proper pacing
edge me toby fox

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
New second narrator orchestration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P7RF-9RmC8

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1100339081697841152

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Why are the As different? No, wait, it's the whole font and it's not the one in official logos. Is it a caps thing? Some pixelfonts have a different set of caps for lowercase letters, could be the DTP person just pasted UNDERTALEDeltarune real quick

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 26, 2019

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Glad to see Toby getting more wider appeal and exposure in Japan.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I love that cover, and will look forward to the inside text getting translated.

As a side-note, the sequel/spiritual successor to Ralsei Brawlsei is out:
https://soundcloud.com/viridian01/holiday-havoc
I did the art for it, though regrettably it does not feature a super buff Noelle.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
For anyone still wondering how much Undertale will matter, Chapter 1 on Switch opens up with "Hey, this is for people who know Undertale, play that first." and has a link to the eShop to buy Undertale.

So I don't think it's gonna fly to try and play this without being familiar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Deltarune bout to reintroduce the idea of sequels to people.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 28, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DanielCross posted:

For anyone still wondering how much Undertale will matter, Chapter 1 on Switch opens up with "Hey, this is for people who know Undertale, play that first." and has a link to the eShop to buy Undertale.

Does the message change at all if you already have save data from the Switch version of Undertale (I was just curious if you could carry over your save or something)? Also are there any other noticeable differences/additions between the PC and Switch versions of Deltarune?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
https://www.fangamer.com/products/undertale-mettaton-ex-figurine

Oh yeeeeeeessss

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DanielCross posted:

Oh right deltarune is out on the Switch now. Gonna go replay it.

I hope I get some funny dialogue for not having Undertale on the Switch.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Larryb posted:

Does the message change at all if you already have save data from the Switch version of Undertale (I was just curious if you could carry over your save or something)? Also are there any other noticeable differences/additions between the PC and Switch versions of Deltarune?

I have Undertale with a True Ending save installed on the system, so I don't think so.

As for differences, I'm about halfway through the forest so far, and I haven't noticed anything yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Oh my god

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Already pre-ordered.

never thought they would make this, but I'm glad they did.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just finished my switch playthrough tonight, and one thing i didn't notice the first time is that during the section where you can say goodbye to everyone, one of the darkners seems to call you "horsey." Maybe Kris is the Knight? Somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Already pre-ordered.

never thought they would make this, but I'm glad they did.
Still a bit disappointed he doesn't look just like Michael Guy Bowman in HD...

(I apologize for how incredibly contextual this is.)