Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Bluedeanie posted:

the next time you face him he will have evolved into PCP Chucky, and you are hosed

I hear his prop comedy show in Vegas is great tho

Speaking of Chucky I want to shake the hand of the roadie who installed a razor-sharp scythe in a carnie rollercoaster. You didn’t have to go above and beyond, but by god you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fart City posted:

I hear his prop comedy show in Vegas is great tho

Speaking of Chucky I want to shake the hand of the roadie who installed a razor-sharp scythe in a carnie rollercoaster. You didn’t have to go above and beyond, but by god you did.

"Well this poo poo ain't gonna scare nobody if it's dull. Hold my smokes."

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Apollo 18 was pretty neat but it's one of those "how in the gently caress did they actually find the footage"-deals.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The funny thing about Devon Sawa growing up to be so strange looking is that the girls were freaking head over heels for him in the mid 90s. Casper and Now and Then Sawa was tight there with JTT and Leo in the minds of preteen girls.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I refuse to acknowledge "the moon rocks are spiders" as not awful

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Man, with a name like Summer Camp Nightmare, I was expecting a Sleepaway Camp-style slasher, not an adaptation of the Butterfly Revolution/Lord of the Flies.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

lol Devon Sawa’s gonna be in that Fred Durst-directed/John Travolta-starring flick, Moose.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I love Vinegar Syndrome. One of their March releases is "The Suckling," it's about an aborted fetus monster in a brothel, I've never seen it but I can't wait for it to show up in my mailbox.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I love Vinegar Syndrome. One of their March releases is "The Suckling," it's about an aborted fetus monster in a brothel, I've never seen it but I can't wait for it to show up in my mailbox.

I saw this a couple years ago and it is an experience. It also has one truly incredible scene that made everyone in the room scream.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just remembered that I saw that in the theatre too. It might've been the first time I saw Jessica Alba too. Dang.

Just :lol: if you don't know Jessica Alba from Camp Nowhere, The Secret World of Alex Mack and the ABC/Disney Channel Original Movie P.U.N.K.S.

Basebf555 posted:

We're quickly getting to the point itt where this would be a very embarrassing admission, but I've actually never seen a single Evil Bong movie.

Same. Maybe I'll watch it for 4/20? It's a Saturday this year, so maybe even a marathon.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I watched a bunch of Killer Fetus movies a few months back and one of them was The Suckling which is suprisingly decent ( it terrible but good terrible)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

This is available on Amazon Prime, if you'd rather watch it before blind-buying.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's got a good monster costume

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Franchescanado posted:

This is available on Amazon Prime, if you'd rather watch it before blind-buying.

I blind bought the entire year, so I think I'll wait.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Roses are red
Pasta is noodles
Happy Valentines day
To all Spook-a-doodles

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Planet Piss posted:

Roses are red
Pasta is noodles
Happy Valentines day
To all Spook-a-doodles

:perfect:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Neo Rasa posted:

Legitimately stunned there's been now more than one page of talking about Chucky getting high and horror movies about getting high, and there's also now been more than one page with no mention of Evil Bong. :wtc:

Nothing I could say would be anywhere near Kvlt!'s expert opinion.

And since it's Valentine's Day, what viewing does anyone have planned?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Planet Piss posted:

Roses are red
Pasta is noodles
Happy Valentines day
To all Spook-a-doodles

:agreed:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ruddiger posted:

Man, with a name like Summer Camp Nightmare, I was expecting a Sleepaway Camp-style slasher, not an adaptation of the Butterfly Revolution/Lord of the Flies.

Screenplay by the director of Wayne's World and music by Jesus Christ. How can we resist?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey beautiful thread, whats the name of youtube found footage series with different spookies each episode? Has the guy wandering into the ocean to be with mermaids, the witch in a chair, etc.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

And since it's Valentine's Day, what viewing does anyone have planned?

Possession and Henry

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Hey beautiful thread, whats the name of youtube found footage series with different spookies each episode? Has the guy wandering into the ocean to be with mermaids, the witch in a chair, etc.

Not what you're asking for but Local 58 is pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh09uIN6tl0

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

MacheteZombie posted:

Documents interdit

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
A bit of a PYF question:

What's a horror film that the majority of people think is poo poo that you really enjoy?

For me it'd have to be V/H/S Viral. It's easily the worst of the three films but nowhere near the awful franchise killer people call it. The wraparound story is actually really interesting and fun and all three stories are varying shades of quality. The magician one is stupid fun, Parallel Monsters is absolutely outstanding and demands a full length movie based on it. Bonestorm has one of the series best characters (the dickhead cameraman is great) and is so patently loving insane in it's mere concept (a horror movie made by CKY basically) that it's worth a shot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Probably Dr Giggles

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Dr. Giggles is great.

Blair Witch 2: Book Of Shadows is underrated.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Fart City posted:

Blair Witch 2: Book Of Shadows is underrated.

All three Blair Witch films rule for varied reasons.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It’s kind of a hard question because every movie I can think of that I like but is objectively bad also has some sort of cult following, so it doesn’t really count. Like The Mutilator is amateurish and the acting is terrible, and I think it’s fun, but a bunch of other people feel the same way.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

A bit of a PYF question:

What's a horror film that the majority of people think is poo poo that you really enjoy?

I talked about it earlier in this thread but mine is Prom Night IV. It's extremely Canadian and not very good but I've seen it dozens of times because we owned the VHS when I was a kid.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Idle Hands is the movie equivalent of wearing jorts.

:hmmyes:

Idle Hands and the music video for Sum 41's 'In Too Deep' are permanently burned into my brain as the collective late 90s early 2000s.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Untrustable posted:

:hmmyes:

Idle Hands and the music video for Sum 41's 'In Too Deep' are permanently burned into my brain as the collective late 90s early 2000s.

Same but that New Radicals video.

https://youtu.be/DL7-CKirWZE

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Hollismason posted:

I've been meaning to watch The Golem , hear it's really good

The 1920 one? Yeah, it's great.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Death Bed: The Bed that Eats

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Fart City posted:

Idle Hands has The Offspring in it, playing as a prom.

There’s no joke there.

It just is.

I watched Idle Hands at just the right time in my life because I had only just started hating The Offspring and then I see Dexter Holland getting his scalp ripped off.

I'll still like "All I Want" forever though because of that drat Crazy Taxi beating it into my head.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If anyone here hasn't seen Kingdom, the Netflix zombie show set in 16th century Korea, they should. The hats alone are fully worth the price of admission:

Basic gist:
It is the 16th century. Korea has just gotten out of a bad war with Japan and is still recovering. The general populace is on the verge of starvation while the aristocracy lives a life of luxury and decadence. A rumour is spreading through the kingdom that the king is dead, the crown prince is desperate to find out whether his father is alive but the young queen, backed by her father's clan which is the real power in the kingdom, seems to be trying to hide the truth from him. The truth being that his father while not dead isn't exactly alive either.

Needless to say the affliction does not stay isolated in the royal palace.

also the action is really good and it's just awesome looking in general.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 15, 2019

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

A bit of a PYF question:

Hatchet. It looks so drat cheap and the acting sucks out loud but I usually have good fun watching it with people.

I tend to like group movies that get reactions since a local place lets me borrow a projector and do theme events.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

FreudianSlippers posted:

Basic gist:
It is the 16th century. Korea has just gotten out of a bad war with Japan and is still recovering. The general populace is on the verge of starvation while the aristocracy lives a life of luxury and decadence. A rumour is spreading through the kingdom that the king is dead, the crown prince is desperate to find out whether his father is alive but the young queen, backed by her father's clan which is the real power in the kingdom, seems to be desperate to hide the truth from him. The truth being that his father while not dead isn't exactly alive either.

Needless to say the affliction does not stay isolated in the royal palace.

Just want to reiterate that this show absolutely rules. It looks great, has cool characters and it's really well written too as a total evisceration of the economic distance between classes and how much people exploit that. Zombie stuff as social commentary isn't a new thing but the way the show plays with and makes noticeable the differing scopes of the various towns and palaces and cities folks travel to and weaves that into its themes about social decay and such is really cool. But even without any of that it's just cool as hell and wicked funny at times too.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Pretty sure I saw this seemingly obscure movie as a kid. Don't two of the kids lie and say the director molested them or exposed himself or something, and then the older teens accidentally kill him, and the kids were like 'Uh, oops, we just lied because we didn't like the guy'

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

K. Waste posted:

That's actually a really good idea for at least a short film and someone should do it.

Guess I know what I'm doing for the next 48hr Film Festival! :D

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the suckling was my nickname in high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Kvlt! posted:

the suckling was my nickname in high school