Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

special wing commander special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

at participating buffalo wild wing commander's

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pastry of the Year posted:

game is supposed to lag, lol ur banned

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Strategic Tea posted:

I find it really hard to overstate how bad the art in SC is. It has absolutely no identifiable character.

To me it looks EXACTLY like someone made a videogame of The Expanse. The world and ship design in that show is as generic as it could possibly get.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

friendly 2 da void posted:

To me it looks EXACTLY like someone made a videogame of The Expanse. The world and ship design in that show is as generic as it could possibly get.

nuclear take

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

friendly 2 da void posted:

I always thought that the Expanse felt more like E:D than SC. Maybe just my own skewed perception.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Please do not even bring up pro tier sci fi like the expanse in the shart shitizen thread

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Star citizen ships annoy me because they don't look at all like actual ships meant to do things, they're just 'excitingly' designed empty boxes. Elite ships look more like spaceships full of spaceship stuff, with the cabin stuck on the front

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

Star citizen ships annoy me because they don't look at all like actual ships meant to do things, they're just 'excitingly' designed empty boxes. Elite ships look more like spaceships full of spaceship stuff, with the cabin stuck on the front

They are not even designed to be 'used'.
You want a full crew, who piss, mop, eat, and sometimes spend time in your sex dungeon brig for disobeying orders?
Here, they can all do it in these 2 rooms, cockpit, and a corridor.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

sebmojo posted:

A stupid post by a clueless noob

Star Citizens ships are way more realistic than Elites

in real financial cost

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Anybody who contributed even a cent to this “game” is a massive loving idiot

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

holylolololol

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

My favorite part about all the space fantasies the whales have about this game are insanely boring.

Let’s post our own space fantasies. Goons, what would you want to do in the perfect space matrix?

All I would want from the game is to ride around on a ship that is just a seat and steering wheel strapped to a ballistic missile so I can whizz around at breakneck speeds, firing my gun wildly and tossing trash bags full of feces at ships as I pass by. I’d wear a cowboy hat and boots and would hoot and holler on all the communications channels as I poo poo-strafe people.

I would be known across the cosmos as the notorious Turd-Bandit. I’d be on the run from the Space Police, but my ship is so dangerous that I get my self killed before anyone could catch me, only to be cloned and return once more!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A space game that doesn't suck.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Skeleton King posted:

My favorite part about all the space fantasies the whales have about this game are insanely boring.

Let’s post our own space fantasies. Goons, what would you want to do in the perfect space matrix?

All I would want from the game is to ride around on a ship that is just a seat and steering wheel strapped to a ballistic missile so I can whizz around at breakneck speeds, firing my gun wildly and tossing trash bags full of feces at ships as I pass by. I’d wear a cowboy hat and boots and would hoot and holler on all the communications channels as I poo poo-strafe people.

I would be known across the cosmos as the notorious Turd-Bandit. I’d be on the run from the Space Police, but my ship is so dangerous that I get my self killed before anyone could catch me, only to be cloned and return once more!

That's what we have Space Station 13 for.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

big nipples big life posted:

Tie Fighter.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's what we have Space Station 13 for.

High fidelity turds tho

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

big nipples big life posted:

Transcendence.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Is there a version of SS13 that isn't on an awful platform that doesn't make any sense. The stories I've heard from it are usually entertaining, but when I tried it the UI was garbage and unintuitive.

Also I'm pretty sure most of the stories involved some super dumb collaborative role playing.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Fattest PI posted:

Is there a version of SS13 that isn't on an awful platform that doesn't make any sense. The stories I've heard from it are usually entertaining, but when I tried it the UI was garbage and unintuitive.

Also I'm pretty sure most of the stories involved some super dumb collaborative role playing.

no, every attempt to recreate ss13 has resulted in the violent death of the coders by some unkown force

and besides people just roleplaying their jobs, funny poo poo just happens

byond is not bad, it's gotten a lot better in the last few years, you should go play ss13 on goonstation

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Mining, crafting and dating. Preferably in the Japanese art style of hentai.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Icochet posted:

Mining, crafting and dating. Preferably in the Japanese art style of hentai.

I too want to gently caress Mars

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Somfin posted:

I too want to gently caress Mars

doesn't this happen in god of war 3 and that's not even japanese

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

I am the most feared man in the galaxy. Empires crumble at the stroke of my pen. In the time you made 5 spacebux for killing a minor criminal I supplied an entire fleet with replacement armor in exchange for their credits and loyalty. You'll never see my face but when your smoldering wreck doesn't get replaced by a new Space hunk you'll know which name has cursed you from beyond the stars.

I am Kip Stardune, claims adjuster.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
X-Wing with current gen graphics, and a Battle of Endor mission.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

X-Wing with current gen graphics, and a Battle of Endor mission.

Please do this, someone, anyone. Please

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Aren't there mods for literally every space game out there to turn it into xwing because people cant seem to move on from 1997?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Biplane posted:

Please do this, someone, anyone. Please

Isn't House of the Dying Sun pretty much this?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Danger - Octopus! posted:

well, it's in space and there are fighters I guess.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Aren't there mods for literally every space game out there to turn it into xwing because people cant seem to move on from 1997?

You can't move away from perfection.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

See

Biplane posted:

well, it's in space and there are fighters I guess.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

People are brain-broken, and we desperately need to change the culture so that people think of these whales the same way they think of the pensioner in Las Vegas wheeling the oxygen tank up to the slot machine and putting their fixed income check directly into the slot.

Do it ironically posted:

Somewhere out there, somebody paid $20 to Early Access this game, has gotten value out of it, and is just hoping it ever releases in an actually playable form.

The community shits all over that person for not being dedicated enough, and the developers at best don't give the first poo poo about that person because they don't contribute.

And this is also true of Fallout 76, Destiny, Anthem, PUBG, whatever the next loot shooter is, whatever the next one after that will be...

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

https://i.imgur.com/XK1SadX.gifv

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

revwinnebago posted:

People are brain-broken, and we desperately need to change the culture so that people think of these whales the same way they think of the pensioner in Las Vegas wheeling the oxygen tank up to the slot machine and putting their fixed income check directly into the slot.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

:eyepop:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm kicking myself for not saving these files with the names of the goons who created them.

Some amazing art has come out of this debacle.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

The White Dragon posted:

does anyone have the video of that fat neckbeard walking around the CIG offices and he goes up a flight of stairs and almost has a heart attack

It was Ben Lesnick giving an office tour with a Go Pro strapped to his head. Even one floor elevation can kill you at any point when you're in his condition, so it was very dangerous and exciting to watch!

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 18, 2019

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rad Russian posted:

It was Ben Lesnick giving an office tour with a Go Pro strapped to his head. Even one floor elevation can kill you at any point when you're in his condition, so it was very dangerous and exciting to watch!

So he's just an average goon.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

hows big benny doin i wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Telebite posted:

hows big benny doin i wonder

He's on here. Check his post history.