Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Feenix posted:

I have aThief’s Wit mod on my frame. Upgraded it to like the number 28. Is that range? Feet? Meters? In any case if that’s the kind of thing I should be using I guess I just need to keep looking...

It’s range, in meters. It’s not clear to me if they’re properly scaled meters, I’d guess they aren’t.

Generally the one most people use is the pet one, since it doesn’t take up more important Warframe slots. But that’s a nightmare mod and a little hard for new players to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Hover-board confirmed :krad:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm still pretty noobish, but I've been playing a particular frame enough to get annoyed with other people playing it "wrong."

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I love “playing wrong” and riling up pubbies. They just get so angry!

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

:argh:

I never have voice chat on, so people might be getting mad as hell at me too for all I know.

Alls I know is don't put your drat snowglobes in the shooting lanes. At least it's made me more careful where I drop one.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I had one dude drop me DMs for “ruining Mesa with an ugly rear end color scheme” not sorry bruh, cowgirl cosplay all the way

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I just discovered the zephyr flappy bird mini game! Are there anymore Easter eggs like this in the game?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Raspberry Bang posted:

I just discovered the zephyr flappy bird mini game! Are there anymore Easter eggs like this in the game?

There’s also wyrmius, from the sentinel. Both of which can be accessed from a game console you can buy from cephalon simaris. Along with frame fighter which I haven’t touched in ages. So, so laggy

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

smallmouth posted:

:argh:

I never have voice chat on, so people might be getting mad as hell at me too for all I know.

Alls I know is don't put your drat snowglobes in the shooting lanes. At least it's made me more careful where I drop one.

I decided to use the Lenz for the first time in awhile and discovered that it absolutely devastates sortie enemies and also is the worst weapon to play when your friend mains Frost. :saddowns:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you're stuck pubbing Index what you're best, uh, bet?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

KDdidit posted:

If you're stuck pubbing Index what you're best, uh, bet?

Rhino is the default recommendation because the debuff doesn’t affect his Iron Skin.

I’m a fan of Mesa personally, she has DR and her 4 can, predictably, delete anything in the Index.

I don’t recommend staying for more than one round, you don’t get much out of it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
drat, that tennogen Gara skin is real fuckin nice. I actually bought the tennogen spoiler gear as well. What have I become

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Raptor1033 posted:

drat, that tennogen Gara skin is real fuckin nice. I actually bought the tennogen spoiler gear as well. What have I become

I’m waiting for Valkyr Prime unvaulting so I can buy her prime accessories for the same reasons. :(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like Nezha is an acceptable alternative to Rhino, even if he lacks that handy damage buff. Inaros is also risky but workable.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I recently started playing this on Xbox so if anyone wants to add WorldFamousW. Seems most here are on PS4 though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It actually seems more Switch these days, but there are a few xbox players. Unfortunately I think a lot of xbox players come in, see there's no clan, and assume nobody else plays. You dudes need to co-ordinate starting a clan.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It actually seems more Switch these days, but there are a few xbox players. Unfortunately I think a lot of xbox players come in, see there's no clan, and assume nobody else plays. You dudes need to co-ordinate starting a clan.

I could just let people join my clan. We have most of the stuff done. It’s currently composed mostly of my irl friends but they largely don’t play anymore.

I think the only notable things my clan doesn’t have are the Hema and Ignis Wraith.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you do decide to, gimme the details (name of clan, XBT to contact to join, does xbox have communities?) and i'll add it to the OP. Just make sure to find someone else with like a million hours played to promote people alongside you in case you get burned out or take a break.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Apparently if I leave my solo clan it just disappears forever which is annoying.

Lightning Knight posted:

I could just let people join my clan.

Are you the founder of that?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

NORTH-HALL posted:

Apparently if I leave my solo clan it just disappears forever which is annoying.

Are you the founder of that?

No but the person who currently holds founder role regularly plays and I could ask them to make me the founder role. There’s like, 8 people in it and only two of us are active. I’d probably just have to build the first tier barracks or whatever.

I’m at work but I’ll ask my friend when I get home if he cares.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Ah right well drat.

It also looks like clan alliances don't do much? I guess I have to sacrifice mine for the greater good.

I THINK if we do an alliance I can dismantle all my rooms and pass the bits over? I've no idea really

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Alliances let you speak across clans in alliance chat and have a second customizable shoulder symbol. You shouldn’t have to tear yours apart to ally up unless you want to just join another clan. They used to be important for dark zone rail battles but that got taken out. Not sure if there will be an alliance component when railjack comes out. :shrug:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any tips to not failing that excavator mission after Thursby is taken? I head out there, demolish everyone with the Vectis Prime, deliver power cells, but it’s just too much and I fail.

[Ed] sucks extra bad because I have to keep doing the chat with Eudico and the long elevator loa

[Ed] nm
I beat it. :)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 12, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Feenix posted:

Any tips to not failing that excavator mission after Thursby is taken? I head out there, demolish everyone with the Vectis Prime, deliver power cells, but it’s just too much and I fail.

[Ed] sucks extra bad because I have to keep doing the chat with Eudico and the long elevator loa

[Ed] nm
I beat it. :)

Zephyr and Nezha are very powerful open-world frames. Nidus, meanwhile, is the king of excavator missions (and endless missions in general, to be honest). Consider trying those to make your life easier in the future.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Still not done with the main quests, reached the 3rd void area and those missions were lolohardlol.

But now I've gotten the urge to farm for Invara, besides chugging hard liquor what else should I be doing?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

Still not done with the main quests, reached the 3rd void area and those missions were lolohardlol.

But now I've gotten the urge to farm for Invara, besides chugging hard liquor what else should I be doing?

Get good at stealth, you’ll get it eventually.

Also don’t build ciphers, you’ll do better to learn how then properly.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean ciphers are a good "oh poo poo" button if you're on the 3rd vault and trip something. I used to do tons of Corpus spy missions for fun with Limbo before they reworked his powers and it was slightly fun.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You have a slightly higher chance of getting the chassis from Lua vaults. Lua vaults are a lot more complicated and take a lot longer per run until you are very good at them, by which point you'll most likely already have the part. Just do Bode on Ceres, it's much faster and easier per run.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You have a slightly higher chance of getting the chassis from Lua vaults. Lua vaults are a lot more complicated and take a lot longer per run until you are very good at them, by which point you'll most likely already have the part. Just do Bode on Ceres, it's much faster and easier per run.

I tried to do one once. It annoyed the piss out of me. Guess I gotta learn it :smith:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Ceres vaults have a 5% chance of dropping the chassis, and are just standard grineer vaults. Lua vaults have a 7% chance of dropping, but are infinitely harder. It's really not worth it for the extra 2, 2.5% chance.

Look up grineer spy vaults on youtube, then do the same for Lua vaults. The Ceres vaults are your standard 'go in this airvent, avoid this laser, hack this console' things. One of the Lua ones involves going back and forward in time while avoiding enemies and memorising a labyrinthine sequence involving crack in walls. Another involves a complete ballache of a set of wallgrabs and jumps off moving platforms that you fail if you hit the floor.

Lua is not worth it, just do Ceres.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The Ceres vaults have a 5% chance of dropping the chassis, and are just standard grineer vaults. Lua vaults have a 7% chance of dropping, but are infinitely harder. It's really not worth it for the extra 2, 2.5% chance.

Look up grineer spy vaults on youtube, then do the same for Lua vaults. The Ceres vaults are your standard 'go in this airvent, avoid this laser, hack this console' things. One of the Lua ones involves going back and forward in time while avoiding enemies and memorising a labyrinthine sequence involving crack in walls. Another involves a complete ballache of a set of wallgrabs and jumps off moving platforms that you fail if you hit the floor.

Lua is not worth it, just do Ceres.

There's a much easier way to do the wallgrab vault. Shoot one of the portals to reverse its polarity once you're in the past, return to the present, then waltz harmlessly through a laser-grid maze as Limbo.

Limbo trivialises Lua in general, actually - give him a go.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Yea, theres ways to actually skip all the hard parts of the Lua spy puzzles with Limbo. Is learnable down to science, to grind it quick. I don't know is worth other than "I mastered this (particular part of the) game"

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Just got to Venus on my first play thru. Really enjoying it and this honestly feels like what Destiny was trying to do but way better. I really hope I'm doing it right, I'm just following the story objectives but I really want a new frame.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Just got to Venus on my first play thru. Really enjoying it and this honestly feels like what Destiny was trying to do but way better. I really hope I'm doing it right, I'm just following the story objectives but I really want a new frame.

Following the story is fine as is opening up new planets via the junctions.

You can farm Rhino from the boss on Venus. It's a great game you can use in so kinds of sticky situations, even in late endgame, so get one while you're there.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

v1ld posted:

Following the story is fine as is opening up new planets via the junctions.

You can farm Rhino from the boss on Venus. It's a great game you can use in so kinds of sticky situations, even in late endgame, so get one while you're there.

This is where I'm at. Looks like the parts to build the Rhino systems won't be available for a few more areas unless I'm missing an easier way to get the Control Module and the Plastids.

edit: I just got my rear end to Mars. Looks like I can start getting Plastids on Phobos but that Control Module won't be available for a bit.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Jolo posted:

This is where I'm at. Looks like the parts to build the Rhino systems won't be available for a few more areas unless I'm missing an easier way to get the Control Module and the Plastids.

edit: I just got my rear end to Mars. Looks like I can start getting Plastids on Phobos but that Control Module won't be available for a bit.

What system do you play on? I’m sure a crusty vet will be more than happy to take you places you can’t access yet for crafting materials.

Same w diabetic

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Raptor1033 posted:

What system do you play on? I’m sure a crusty vet will be more than happy to take you places you can’t access yet for crafting materials.

Same w diabetic

Oooh. I'm on ps4. That sounds nice. It's not too bad because I'm leveling up the Twitch Prime freebie frame uh... Trinity Prime? She looks really cool but so far her skills seem way more useful in a group than solo.

Diabetic, if you have Amazon Prime, you can make a Twitch account and link it to whatever system you're playing on and get a free frame and some weapons.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Don’t let someone taxi you to get parts for Rhino. Build him properly.

Rhino is the actual tutorial for the game. There’s a reason you can farm him on Venus but the materials come from Jupiter. He even used to be MR2 locked to teach you about MR but I’m not sure if that’s still true. Follow the junctions and build Rhino, that’s the game’s attempt at new player structure.

Also stick to leveling the weapons which you can buy outright for credits at first until you’re MR4, at which point a variety of worthwhile primary weapons open up, including most notably the Hek shotgun.

The only broken mod worth leveling is Equilibrium, mostly because healing is scarce early and actual Equilibrium is so rare I’ve only ever gotten one and I’m almost MR23.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I like that it's giving me a goal to work towards which seems to be a big part of this game, setting a goal of something you want to build and then going about getting the stuff to make it. The game is neat and my main gripe with it is that I wish the blueprints would show where the materials can be found when you hover over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If I am looking for those scannable things on mars so I can complete Phobos Junction (I have 2/3) are there better maps and worse maps to look for them? Some of these maps I get lost on and don't know where I have and haven't been, etc.
If I re-play a map will it respawn a new one to scan or have I used that map's one up?
Do they guaranteed spawn on EVERY map?