Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FitFortDanga posted:

Nick can articulate his opinions with deeper nuance than either "It's great!" or "It's trash!"

I I I I I I I I I I I thi thi think think I think that its, its gud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Only one host has felt the need to shout "I CAN READ" more than once

Spoeank posted:

I I I I I I I I I I I thi thi think think I think that its, its gud.

Aand, and, uh, Diet Coke. I had a Diet Coke.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

FitFortDanga posted:

Nick can articulate his opinions with deeper nuance than either "It's great!" or "It's trash!"
Yeah, he has "it's great", "it's fun" in a defensive voice, "it's not for me", and "I don't wanna say anything because I'm worried someone will yell at me on twitter"

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I love Alana Johnston, but she's.....a lot

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Mitch has more social intelligence, Nick is able to suck his own dick.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"you look like poo poo and you live in a trash heap!"

I wish there were more of this chain in the states, I would like to try the weird poutine.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Mitch says in a recent episode that Wiger makes more money which is the only measure of intelligence needed in the US.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I think Alana Johnston is so loving funny and works so well Mitch and Nick

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

uber_stoat posted:

"you look like poo poo and you live in a trash heap!"

I wish there were more of this chain in the states, I would like to try the weird poutine.

it's not good. Poutine west of Ottawa is bad almost everywhere. Here, and in kweebek it's great almost everywhere.

Also, they must've talked about the Trash Heap Ski Hill (a real Canadian prairie thing in many communities) during the missing 12 minutes. I learned to ski on a garbage mountain in Manitoba.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I would love Alana to be on like every 4th episode, a la Pat Francis in season 2 NNF.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

Is she? Her energy level is like 1/5th Gabrus... sober Gabrus.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

Newsflash: Guy on the internet thinks woman on podcast should tone it down

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
THE KNIFE is the best recurring doughboys guest by a factor of ten fight me

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It’s weird that a fast food podcast has a rogues gallery of villains. The Knife, The Commissioner and the dreaded Bug Mane.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Nang Gang could be lurking around any corner

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Don’t forget Santa

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
And Matt Besser, the Human Snore.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Cloks posted:

And Matt Besser, the Human Snore.

Just throw some cat hair at him or give his book 3 stars on amazon and he’ll collapse in rage

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

It’s weird that a fast food podcast has a rogues gallery of villains. The Knife, The Commissioner and the dreaded Bug Mane.

bug mane is good, op

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The worst guest is probably John "my personality is smoking weed" Gabrus

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Grapplejack posted:

Gabrus and The Knife are awesome guests when you're in the mood for their energy and "strong" personalities

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

it's definitely that simpsons dude who decided at 55 years old that his "calling" was to take pictures of himself eating food on instagram

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Analytic Engine posted:

Gabrus and The Knife are awesome guests when you're in the mood for their energy and "strong" personalities

Yea and that's why they're fantastic on the live shows. When Gabrus yells at the audience I'm glad of it.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
gabrus rules wtf

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

gabrus rules wtf

Unmature
May 9, 2008

little munchkin posted:

it's definitely that simpsons dude who decided at 55 years old that his "calling" was to take pictures of himself eating food on instagram

What the gently caress is wrong with you

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

gabrus rules wtf

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

little munchkin posted:

bug mane is good, op

I know

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Bring back Hick Wiger and Hike Mitchell imo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Remember, there's only been one bad guest and it was Bobby Lee, who told them the show's premise was bad and they should drop it.

Srice posted:

Yea and that's why they're fantastic on the live shows. When Gabrus yells at the audience I'm glad of it.

Gabrus is seemingly the only person in the entire podcasting community willing to tell an audience in no uncertain terms to shut up and he should be praised for it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Goddamn they need another bugmane EP.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Gabrus is seemingly the only person in the entire podcasting community willing to tell an audience in no uncertain terms to shut up and he should be praised for it.

I thought this audience could’ve used some of that

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

gabrus rules wtf

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The worst guest was Mitches old boss from the Simpson who spent half the show bragging about dumb poo poo and how he used to push around Mitch and other interns on the show.

That dude was the smuggest douche about being a director for the worst seasons of the Simpsons.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I had fun at the Portland show tonight.

Bill Oakley was the guest. He kept pretty quiet aside from occasionally providing some Portland specific information. I think it was a least a couple minutes after coming out on stage that he even uttered his first line. It was mostly just Nick and Mitch, but they kept it entertaining.

There were a lot of annoying people in the crowd who wouldn't stop yelling catchphrases, which was pretty annoying. One woman in particular would not shut the gently caress up and even yelled out the answer to the Wiger challenge almost right away (by guessing the local place Nick got the drink from).

Jokymi fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 17, 2019

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Every show needs a Gabrus

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Wiger’s take on Smoke’s was great, I had the same experience of getting the nacho poutine as my first dish there and realizing that the flavours and textures just didn’t work together.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Hannibal Smith posted:

I had fun at the Portland show tonight.

Bill Oakley was the guest. He kept pretty quiet aside from occasionally providing some Portland specific information. I think it was a least a couple minutes after coming out on stage that he even uttered his first line. It was mostly just Nick and Mitch, but they kept it entertaining.

There were a lot of annoying people in the crowd who wouldn't stop yelling catchphrases, which was pretty annoying. One woman in particular would not shut the gently caress up and even yelled out the answer to the Wiger challenge almost right away (by guessing the local place Nick got the drink from).

I'm kinda glad I decided not to go then. Portland people can be really loving stupid sometimes.

What did they end up doing instead of Burgerville?

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
They did Sizzle Pie, which was kind of a boring choice. They did spend a lot of time talking about other local restaurants with Bill, though.

It was still a fun show and I'm glad that I went, despite the crowd.

I took my wife who doesn't listen to podcasts to both this show and Hollywood Handbook a couple of weeks ago. I expected her to enjoy this one more and be kind of baffled by the HH guys, but it ended up being exactly the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
Gabrus and Nicole Byers are the best repeat guests.

In terms of strong personalities that one Texas lady with a fashion podcast was absolutely great and like a gale force wind.