Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Max posted:

I'm not sure why people have a town read on me since I only killed the SK but I'll take it.

Ha. earlier today i almost posted "ugh i wish max had dayvigged a scum instead of the sk so i could know for sure that he isn't scum"

Are you going to the mountains tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Don't forget, if you don't get you locations in to me before the end of the day you're at the riverbank.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
The case on AAI:

He asked "Who blocked Scum in the thread".

The hypothesis:

AAI is scum. AAI was blocked himself or heard from a scum friend that Scum was blocked. His reaction was to go *to the thread* and helpfully ask *the entire game* who was responsible for blocking Scum.

My beef:

That anyone thinks scum is capable of that level of incompetence is shocking to me. AAI would need to have a fundamental lack of understanding of the game to think that was an okay thing to post as scum. And if he were scum and raw, sterling new - his scum buddies would be coaching him.

An interesting thing to note:

Toal says he doesn't think that anyone scum slips. Proceeds to vote on a case that is predicated on a "scum slip".

Beyond that, the vote on AAI has two of the three people featuring most highly on my scum-dar, DB and TM.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I'm all down for establishing a consensus. But can it be on someone with a reasonable case against them?

Xiw is the best pick for learning the layout of scum by location.

TM has enough suspicion on himself today and narrows down the people to pay attention to as possible scum at the river..

DB has been interacted with oddly by the other people I think are scum. Additionally, with so many votes and not votes against him, we have data to work with when he flips.

I'd vote for any of these people.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Does anyone have a scum read of beet or max

Bowmore crushin on me.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I said it was still Scummy rex and then I also argued that Tobbs was bussing AAI.

also they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them they them

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

KhediveRex posted:

I'm all down for establishing a consensus. But can it be on someone with a reasonable case against them?

I disagree with this. Xiw was the only one at their location. I would rather lunch someone that went to a location with other people:

pretty cool cliffs
rex, somber

rockin' quarry
db, merk (rip town), clord, hum

river of losers
bowmore, TMor, Toalpaz, Keane (lol jester), asf

Xiw, it is time to claim. Role, n1 action, and result. I am especially interested in the result of your action

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

TM has enough suspicion on himself today and narrows down the people to pay attention to as possible scum at the river..

DB has been interacted with oddly by the other people I think are scum. Additionally, with so many votes and not votes against him, we have data to work with when he flips.

I'd vote for any of these people.

I'm fine with either of xiw or tm. I'd probably lean tm this stage as there's more content there to be suss of and more interactions to look at post flip.

Xiw just goes with our theory or locations and while I'm a big fan, I feel the riverbank is a better place to pick apart. Would swap back if needed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I said it was still Scummy rex and then I also argued that Tobbs was bussing AAI.

Yeah and I don't mind that theory, but aai is far from my priority today. Do you think they warrant a lynch before someone like tm?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I would rather stick to playing mafia and killing people who act suspicious weird and bad. If we're assuming locations matter in this game wouldn't scum have ways to obscure 'location matters' game solving. Also they could have just anticipated people would care about locations and arranged their choices based on that. It's wifom and set up spec imo. Though I don't know how AAI was acting in the masonry last night though so like, if it was townie then fine whatever.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Yeah and I don't mind that theory, but aai is far from my priority today. Do you think they warrant a lynch before someone like tm?

TM was here and defending themselves and participating. To me it read like bickering of someone who was bad and not necessarily scummy. AAI was also up for lunch yesterday and I'm wondering if scum switched/fought back against it to save him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I would rather stick to playing mafia and killing people who act suspicious weird and bad. If we're assuming locations matter in this game wouldn't scum have ways to obscure 'location matters' game solving. Also they could have just anticipated people would care about locations and arranged their choices based on that. It's wifom and set up spec imo. Though I don't know how AAI was acting in the masonry last night though so like, if it was townie then fine whatever.

Tm is based primarily on their posting though? So that is mafiaing even if we're framing the targets to view by the location. Even without locations tm pings me far more than aai. Xiw is based on location theory alone and consequently they aren't my first choice.

Aai seems like the lowest hanging fruit, but the worst part of their posting is actually their brothers' weird defense of them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

TM was here and defending themselves and participating. To me it read like bickering of someone who was bad and not necessarily scummy. AAI was also up for lunch yesterday and I'm wondering if scum switched/fought back against it to save him.

Yeah and here I am wondering what's got your back up so much about a tm vote / focusing on locations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Yeah and here I am wondering what's got your back up so much about a tm vote / focusing on locations.

If you have any problems with my arguments then feel free to make better ones and convince me to vote TM. I don't particularly care for TM because I'm not sure we'd be hitting scum, I think that we might with AAI.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

also they them

I'm very bad at certain things. I never mean to offend. I'll try to better about your pronouns

Also, there were like four votes on AAI yesterday. Tobbs being one of the least serious accusations. I don't see how you arrived at deciding it was scum bussing and not a push on a weak player.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

If you have any problems with my arguments then feel free to make better ones and convince me to vote TM. I don't particularly care for TM because I'm not sure we'd be hitting scum, I think that we might with AAI.

Ditto, but for aai

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

KhediveRex posted:

I'm very bad at certain things. I never mean to offend. I'll try to better about your pronouns

Also, there were like four votes on AAI yesterday. Tobbs being one of the least serious accusations. I don't see how you arrived at deciding it was scum bussing and not a push on a weak player.

Just because scum don't want to make serious accusations day one against scum buds. I scum bussed b- and solus because they were low hanging fruit my last game, all I said was that they were lurky and awkward, and it got brought up several times by people who read me.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

The case on Xiw confirms or denies our set-up spec. Which is a worthwhile thing to do.

TM has more attention in the thread but comes from the river where there are plenty of potential candidates for "river scum".

I think voting Xiw is generally more conclusive and gives us better evidence to work with. I would vote TM if the thread decides they'd prefer that. But I really think Xiw is the best pick.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I think people forget that this is my fourth game. Has this fact been forgotten, or are is this now inconvenient for everyone here?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I think people forget that this is my fourth game. Has this fact been forgotten, or are is this now inconvenient for everyone here?

Please claim role, action and result.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I disagree with this. Xiw was the only one at their location. I would rather lunch someone that went to a location with other people:

Xiw, it is time to claim. Role, n1 action, and result. I am especially interested in the result of your action

“I don’t want to lunch Xiw but you better fuckin fullclaim with all 0 votes on you, scumbo.”

So are you providing xiw a fakeclaim in your scumchat or do you have some result on xiw or is this just good ol’ fashioned fishing?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Please claim role, action and result.

Lmao holy poo poo

##vote binus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

“I don’t want to lunch Xiw but you better fuckin fullclaim with all 0 votes on you, scumbo.”

So are you providing xiw a fakeclaim in your scumchat or do you have some result on xiw or is this just good ol’ fashioned fishing?

Whoops. For some reason I thought xiw had more than one vote. Turns out anon is in the lead (and I voted them ha).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lmao holy poo poo

##vote binus

Lmao indeed

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

AnAnonymousIdiot (4): Tired Moritz, Dick Bastardly, hambeet, hambeet, Toalpaz, b-minus1
Tired Moritz (2): hambeet, hambeet, A Sometimes Food, hambeet
b-minus1 (1): Mr. Humalong
hambeet (1): bowmore
Toalpaz (1): xiw
xiw (1): KhediveRex
Mr. Humalong (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Dick Bastardly (0): chaoslord, Toalpaz, b-minus1, bowmore, chaoslord, Toalpaz, b-minus1, bowmore

Not Voting (4): AnAnonymousIdiot, chaoslord, Max, Somberbrero

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 18th, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also I don’t have a result on xiw, or anyone. But I would strongly advise any town player that is in danger of being lunched to full claim. There are some unclaimed roles that I have good reason to believe are in the game, and the claims could help us clear town/catch scum in a lie. Don’t want to say any more than that.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

I read through Xiw again. He's at fifteen posts.

Are there lurker mechanics in this game? I'd really like to know.

If we get Xiw for free, I'm fine voting TM today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

KhediveRex posted:

I read through Xiw again. He's at fifteen posts.

Are there lurker mechanics in this game? I'd really like to know.

If we get Xiw for free, I'm fine voting TM today.

yeah we're probably getting XIW for free in 3 hours

##unvote

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

yeah we're probably getting XIW for free in 3 hours

##unvote

Well then. On to the next.

##vote TM

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

That's fine but please scumhunt.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Personally yes, just leave Xiv for now until they come back to heroically get above 20 posts.

I still do feel AAI is likely just new town based on talking to them during night phase, but please do post more about specific players, it will help disperse people's issues with you.

Reading over TM, I'd be down for that lunch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Is deadline in 3 hours or 27 hours?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I ask because I have D&D in like 2 hours and I don’t want to not be here for deadline

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Toalpaz posted:

XIW you might notice that Max unvotes, and then I vote, and then Max votes again. Making me the 3rd vote on Infinitum, and Max the 4th.

Max votes for Infinitum quoting Hal, and seems to be agreeing that the AAI push is worse than Inf.

By your logic is this vote suspicious or not? With the choice between a confirmed townie and someone unflipped Max choose to try and lynch town? What do you think of it?

The last half an hour I figure is people switching to get a kill pretty much so I'm more interested in the first half - I know I'll happily switch to someone I don't have a super clear picture on to avoid a no-info day. Why do you call AAI confirmed townie here? As far as I can tell max has the same amount of info in either case.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Toalpaz posted:

(I mean this with hindsight in mind, Inf was not a confirmed townie at the time)

welp

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

nice theory but considering it relies on the bolded part, I kinda doubt it. But Rex could just be a scum tracker/watcher who saw Flerp murder Tobbs.

My biggest issue, which is more a me thing than something I can trust others on, is that Rex read the Tobbs and Flerp interactions the same way I did earlier in the day. That it ended up being the SK and not a scum buddy doesn't phase me too much because, well, it looked that way pre-flip.

I also have pointed out that the mechanic of tying night actions and night kills from previous games may have come back, and all I see is TM dismissing it as if that doesn't fit the argument they are making and is just annoyingly getting in their way, instead of even considering that information.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Deadline in the OP says we still have a day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Speak of the Xiv devil.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

xiw, apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Max posted:

That's fine but please scumhunt.

In this case, I'd pick Tired Moritz. His argument that Town had killed Keane devolved into making a case on a perceived scumslip, to deflecting on what scum can or cannot do, and basing his case on an assumption that was wrong and disproven due to Max's elimination of the SK. At best he is operating on bad faith and doubling down on it. At worst, he is being coached into making this case so people don't look at his Town killed Keane case any closely.