Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I'm not sure why people have a town read on me since I only killed the SK but I'll take it.

Yeah and 'stake' and a mysterious invention or whatever hardly seems 100% clear but also I don't want to lunch you.

Binus why are you rolefishing like that? I don't get how that helps us.

I don't want to vote aai, I would vote xiw, I will do some reads when I have time today, had to cover for someone at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

b-minus1 posted:

Xiw, it is time to claim. Role, n1 action, and result. I am especially interested in the result of your action

I will if i'm going to die but I don't really want to until then

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

xiw posted:

I will if i'm going to die but I don't really want to until then

yeah that's fine. I had you mixed up with Anon when I made that post.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I still do feel AAI is likely just new town based on talking to them during night phase, but please do post more about specific players, it will help disperse people's issues with you.

This is the other thing that's bothering me about toalpaz's case. I feel like in any other game toalpaz would be pointing out aai's newness, not pushing the easy newbie kill and dismissing the location discussion in the same breath.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Which is another point. They're complaining no one is reading or commenting on their case, yet dismissing others' cases out of hand as 'not mafiaing'. That's not cricket.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'd love bowmore to post more.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

I'd love bowmore to post more.
i will when i finish this project thats due todayish

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you should do some actual scum hunting tho instead of being mafia dad

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I mean I read it and commented.

I had to repost the tobbs thing for 2 pages before tm have mentioned it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah and 'stake' and a mysterious invention or whatever hardly seems 100% clear but also I don't want to lunch you.

Binus why are you rolefishing like that? I don't get how that helps us.

I don't want to vote aai, I would vote xiw, I will do some reads when I have time today, had to cover for someone at work.

What's this about a mysterious invention?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

you should do some actual scum hunting tho instead of being mafia dad

And give you nothing to post about? Nah

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

flerp - Hunra - Self aligned Serial Killer was staked with a strange invention on day 2!

The day continues.

Max posted:

What's this about a mysterious invention?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gah, my big reveal undone by the mod.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, I forgot to mention, thank you to whoever gave me that thing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay if you guys want to kill me, should I out my role or whatever

I need to go to the airports, peeps

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

Anyway, I forgot to mention, thank you to whoever gave me that thing.

something about this feels pretty weird. do you care to speak more on it?

going through some post histories:

hal: has not posted today lol

asf:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think ASFs points about Keane are strange (not necessarily outright scummy) because scummy posting is exactly what we should expect from a jester.

Could be an attempt by ASF to appear to be hunting and content posting maybe?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Uh, what?

My points on Keane were confirming that Keane did make a sus post in river chat, but then pointing out that seeing as Tobbs was scum it was unlikely town killed Keane.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Like not to OMGUS, but I was not particularly sold on cuddling you, but that was a really bad post Dick.

don't care for these posts. big overreaction from ASF when dick was throwing pretty light shade. it's weaselly too, doesn't take a real hard line stance.

looking through the rest of ASF's posts though it seems like that's the tone they take a lot of the time. would rate them pretty low on general scuminess.

toal:

Toalpaz posted:

wooo lmao. A lot of not town dying. Good to see.

start of d2, townie cheerleading. seems out of character for them.

Toalpaz posted:

my top scum picks if I'm killed while I'm away:

asf (I don't know if we should assume that scum weren't in riverbank, keane's 'scumslip' wasn't that obvious, it would have been awkward at best.)
xiw
Rex??? swung by to defend bro and then hasn't posted
Somber???????

There's a lot of lurking this game for a 16 person game imo.

I guess CLord if you really think there's scum on the turbo.
Max if he doesn't vig today.

thiiiis doesn't make a lot of sense. toal hasn't even mentioned several of us here. at one point they call me scumbrero in response to something hum said but i think that might be it. seems like fake content imo.

Toalpaz posted:

I was planning on staying in riverbank because I don't want to die but I'm willing to move somewhere more dangerous if people want me to.

weird broadcasting? it seems like the only people who would be really nervous about dying at a location would be scum or some town power role and i don't get why you'd advertise either.

Toalpaz posted:

Here's where I stand re TM and AAI. AAI is not here and posting.

Well... same with rex. I really wish we had more reads on active and inactive posters. I think Rex is off the table for basically catching Flerp with Max. I think it would be nice if people commented on whether they think Tobbs was bussing AAI or not, because flipped scum did make a statement about AAI and it probably should be considered.

I talk about it here:

non-comment, idk what this post is trying to accomplish.

Toalpaz posted:

TM was here and defending themselves and participating. To me it read like bickering of someone who was bad and not necessarily scummy. AAI was also up for lunch yesterday and I'm wondering if scum switched/fought back against it to save him.

"hmmmm"

particularly the sidesteppy nature of the way toal is defending TM seems kind of strange to me, i guess i need to read TM

will try to catch up more when i have time

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wait, I thought Max got the stake from searching?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

That's so weird? Do you think he's trying to hide or something?

:allears:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Wait, I thought Max got the stake from searching?

it was a lie apparently to save the inventor role from being known.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah hal post more.

Maybe mentioning his name might work like it did when I mentioned bowmore.

:v:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

something about this feels pretty weird. do you care to speak more on it?

I thought I had caught you in some slip or something. In my haste to see how flerp flipped, I didn't realize that cpig had straight up said the thing was an invention. I didn't get the thing from searching, someone gave it to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also I forgot to include my "lol" response there.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sup everyone?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm still happy with my TM vote, gonna reread thread a bit though for more thoughts.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hal was endgamed lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
A Sometimes Food sucks and they only come in the thread to FOS people that are suspicious of them

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

They are only a sometimes food. Not an all the time food

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

a sometimes post

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

15% of the thread is hambeet in a 20 player game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

hambeet scum/sk play 101

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

well anti lurker rules should be in effect now.

##vote AAI

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why now and not in a day?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I'm under target.

bowmore posted:

hambeet scum/sk play 101

Except the last three scum games I've had since returning to the forums.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

Why now and not in a day?

Are you talking to me?

If so I'd like to throw that back at you by asking what does killing TM specifically today benefit us over tomorrow? I don't think that the order of operations matters, its just that when all is said and done I think that I have a stronger scum read from AAI atm and I also don't understand why I'm being called scummy for disagreeing with beets.

- I think tobbs chose to scumbus a weak scum player early thinking there'd be little consequences.
- I think AAI is having a lot of trouble engaging with the game not just because he's new, but also because they're scum. He's basically only talked about night masonry stuff and TM.
- Scum could have decided to vote Inf over AAI, the vote shifted from AAI to Inf with very little in the way of reason. Which is normal when deadline draws near, but it still can mean something because it's not like AAI has been incredibly townie so far into the day.
- The push away from AAI has never really come from AAI but other players which is scummy imo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I thought he meant IRL day, as in closer to deadline.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I could be reading it wrong though

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also I don't know why I'm expected to vote someone else to humour other players for today. I don't know your alignments and I'm not your friend. I would swap to avoid a no lunch in a dead lock.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

I thought he meant IRL day, as in closer to deadline.

tbf that question doesn't make a lot of sense read like that, the two leaders are even now so anyone could have been asked that. Plus rushing near end of day and confusion is not ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright... Time for another hot take.

Tired Moritz: Argued that Town killed Keane. Believed wrong statement that scum got blocked was a scum slip. Continues to argue based on post frequency. Unwilling to andmit to bad faith except to hang him if it satisfies the town.

b-minus: Hopped from Humalong to self to put pressure on the latter.

Hambeet: Looking for less obvious targets. Want to believe that he's looking for whomever tries to defend self for anything that seems unusual or out of character.

Toalpaz: Skeptical to any information given and appears not to trust players' testimony. One thing I've noticed is his support of Tired Moritz on his arguments. Could be another case of bad faith. And looking at what he thinks scum would do.

Self: Before discovery of SK, saw one neutral players die and a scum player die, and posited that Scum must have been blocked. Had believed Tobbs would've attacked and didn't. Thought that was strange. Couldn't articulate statement in time. Tried to apologize for error in judgement made.