Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hay phiz did it ever occur to you that home ownership is an extended exercise in pranking an enemy you don't have yet?

It did to me just now, for no reason at all really why do you ask???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Karate Bastard posted:

Hay phiz did it ever occur to you that home ownership is an extended exercise in pranking an enemy you don't have yet?

How're the renovations going?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
gently caress me with a silicone injector / haha wait until that fucker finds this one

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Motorcycles are like guns and animes; only rapists own them.

sneakyfrog posted:

im going to have to call the police on my girlfriend :ohdear:

Jerry Cotton posted:

No no no the red flag is having anime not being anime.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
someone hit his probate button again you poop.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Karate Bastard posted:

(deep, calming breaths)

this morning i discovered that the hand-cut fabric square "stair treads" leading to my marital bed were adhered on with that purple glue stick we used to use in school. my cat found a running end and tore the weft of the fabric out such that there's an odd pattern on one step, which is actually slippier than the stairs themselves.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I feel ya. On this end I fear a hot glue gun might have been involved in this house's erection

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Karate Bastard posted:

I feel ya. On this end I fear a hot glue gun might have been involved in this house's erection

Nice

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It was certainly involved in mine

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Last summer I found about 200ft of convoluted joins of pvc in the attic for our water in the kitchen and a bathroom.

None of them had any sort of sealant to hold them together/make them water tight, with nails in beams for them to rest on/guide them.

Ask me about belly crawling through insulation in a 120 degree attic for over a week as I slowly discovered that this join was missing something to hold it together x50.

We ended up getting a hotel room so I could finally wash a mm thick coating of grime and insulation from my body. gently caress previous owners with a hammer.

I'm terrified of what's in our walls, but I'm not going under the house to check that for leaks. Ignorance is bliss.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
50 by 20 foot deck, put together with a shotgun blast of rando fasteners and improper footings and never sealed.

demolition took longer than the deck rebuild.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My grandmother had a house built in the 70s I think. My dad was a house painter and pretty handy, and made the garage and basement and a loft into a living area for us. Meanwhile, his less handy sister did some stuff herself in the actual house where she and my grandmother lived. We never figured out what exactly she did to lead to this, but when we bought the whole house, and started renovations, we took out a window to put in a sliding patio door. And when we took the sheet rock off, we found live wires just.. in there. I believe they were capped, but there was nothing they could be for, no reason for them to be up there. No fixture was up there. It was definitely something she did, and not the builders. I think she had put up a ceiling fan in that room, but I have no idea what that would have to do with the wall nearby. It was up near the top of the wall, above the window. Maybe she was trying to get a wire to the fan, and it wasn't long enough, so she.. decided to do it a different way, and just left them there?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

The wiring in our place seems to have been done 50 years ago while drunk and with a gleeful disregard for fastening anything down properly. The kitchen flooring appears to have been installed with a nail gun. A bedroom light fixture came down on its own last week. Me and the missus are so glad it's a rental, hope to buy our own disaster zone in a couple of years and slide into debt fixing the previous idiot's mistakes!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

sneakyfrog posted:

50 by 20 foot deck, put together with a shotgun blast of rando fasteners and improper footings and never sealed.

demolition took longer than the deck rebuild.

a quarter of my deck is currently resting on a stack of bricks and cement blocks because the previous LEFT A FOOT LONG GAP between two support beams running parallel to the house and secured it by NAILING BOTH ENDS TO THE CLAPBOARD UNDER MY KITCHEN FIRE DOOR.

naturally.

the clapboard eventually gave way.

during which i discovered that decks can, but do not like, to bend and wobble like rubber sheets demonstrating gravity wells.

TODAY I DISCOVERED THAT HALF OF MY OUTLETS AND HALL/BASEMENT LIGHTS ARE ON THE SAME CIRCUIT

WHICH HAS TRIPPED

BUT DOES NOT SEEM TO WANT TO UN-TRIP

SOMEHOW.

FOR SOME REASON.

unless there is a SECRET HIDDEN SECOND ELECTRICAL PANEL

SOMEWHERE IN MY PROSTATE HEADACHE OF A BASEMENT

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
MY WIFE LEFT ME TO MY OWN DEVICES

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

once lived in a house where the previous owner had redone the shower. the cement he used on the tiles was not waterproof and the entire thing collapsed in on itself after about a month of me living there.

he also did the electrics. Not being an electrician, I don't really understand the nature of what he did wrong there(other than the fact that turning the stove on probably shouldn't cause all the upstairs lights to go out) but the electrician we hired always looked shell-shocked on his way out and ended up having to redo almost the entire wiring for the house.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
check all the gfcis pal. running down PO dipshittery sucks

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
So there's a certain girth there needs to be on hoses for pouring electrons down them. Especially if they eventually go to a space heater or whatever. I reckon if you want to pour them from one hose into a thinner one you need a funnel or something or else you just got another space heater.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Last summer I found about 200ft of convoluted joins of pvc in the attic for our water in the kitchen and a bathroom.

None of them had any sort of sealant to hold them together/make them water tight, with nails in beams for them to rest on/guide them.

Ask me about belly crawling through insulation in a 120 degree attic for over a week as I slowly discovered that this join was missing something to hold it together x50.

We ended up getting a hotel room so I could finally wash a mm thick coating of grime and insulation from my body. gently caress previous owners with a hammer.

I'm terrified of what's in our walls, but I'm not going under the house to check that for leaks. Ignorance is bliss.

Congrats on living in the aftermath of a Three Stooges short, I guess.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Ghostlight posted:

the fraggles aren't communists because as the show explicitly details they do not owns the means of production. when the dozers become lazy and do not build it is an existential crisis for the fraggles because they literally cannot make their own food - they are wholly reliant on their symbiotic relationship between themselves and the welfare state (dozers), making it clear that they are, at best, a captive underclass serving the needs of the capricious meritocracy.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Let a hundred thousand grovers bloom

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

(the middle image was the one this post was in response to, which the original post quoted in between images)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I know these MRA/PUA guys are broke-brained as gently caress, but how do you go with "I need to train women like a house-broken dog to stay with me" versus "hmm, maybe there's a reason I can't get a woman to stay with me"? I'm hosed up with sadbrains, and even I can't understand this dichotomy.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

hi hosed up with sadbrains i'm dad

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

oldpainless posted:

More like oldpostless

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:wth:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Congrats on living in the aftermath of a Three Stooges short, I guess.

This, but for future generations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
A play in two posts:

MooseKuh posted:

uh.. stop smoking weed?

I mean I know that sounds crazy but I'm pretty sure it will work.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What are you up to prowling the gutter of the leper's colony at this hour Moray?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Feb 18, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Guess the thread

Quabzor posted:

My wife was told to do the AC Slater. I think she still needed help from one of her friends though to avoid rubbing the train on the front of the toilet.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Surfing/Skating Podcast thread

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
WoW Lore Thread.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Big Beef City posted:

Everything tastes like a heart attack.
All vegetables are gross.
Fruit is too sour.
Seafood tastes like old people's pussy.
Looking at a pepper shaker once made my colon grow wings and fly out of my rear end.
Crust on bread just seems wrong to me.
If it doesn't come from a can, I don't need it.
I've never tried it but it seems terrifying and I immediately know it's disgusting because millions of people have been eating it for centuries, but I got it figured out from looking at a imgur link once.
Pizza? No. It's religion.

I know. Food can be hard for goons.

Look. Having french fries is as likely to drop you as eating grits once and a while. So. Don't loving do it all the time. You can just say "Oh ok I've had that." Without stating something like "Vanilla ice cream? I dunno man, I tried that. Seemed pretty sweet to me, you know??"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Goons can be such food prudes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Happy Landfill posted:

Apparently Kent state gun chick poo poo herself? I keep seeing people reference it but I'm having trouble finding the source

Bobby Digital posted:

I’m not a doctor but I believe the source is her rear end

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hihohe posted:

Goons can be such food prudes.

Broke: Being a picky eater
Woke: Giving yourself an eating disorder so you can become a pickier eater
Bespoke: Participating in the food equivalent of nofap to unlock your seventh chakra and be able to tell people on the internet that bread actually tastes so sweet it makes you throw up and chocolate is indistinguishable from vomit because the milk particles are wrong

Somfin posted:

Positive note, you can recover from wrecked taste buds!

Less positive note, it takes a couple weeks of eating deeply bland food.

Positive note redux, once you go through the process you'll come out the other side able to appreciate all sorts of stuff!

Somfin posted:

More like you eat mashed potatoes for two weeks and come out of it able to appreciate all foods

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

tell people on the internet that bread actually tastes so sweet it makes you throw up and chocolate is indistinguishable from vomit because the milk particles are wrong

That's not what I say, or said, you utter loving weirdo.

In context, we were talking about someone who wrecked their taste buds by smoking and eating lovely processed foods, and I was saying that you can get better from it by deliberately blanding out for a while.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Feb 19, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Chocolate is gross, though, for real.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Tepid take

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted: