Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kofi vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 2 1.77%
Yes but louder. 25 22.12%
K O F I T R A I N 86 76.11%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
sure okay

https://twitter.com/LarsSWWE/status/1097709234366558208

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Aphrodite posted:

A number of NXT champs have appeared on the main roster then continued in NXT for a bit.

Yeah Kevin Owens had a great debut as NXT champ.

I meant it’s been all downhill since, but...

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah Kevin Owens had a great debut as NXT champ.

I meant it’s been all downhill since, but...

Kevin Owens' new gimmick is just completely random guy.

I mean, I'm like 70% sure it's a swerve and he'll show up and just have the same gimmick he always did.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao they just dumped all the top NXT guys out there in front of a crowd that had absolutely no idea who they were. Outstanding.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

Kevin Owens' new gimmick is just completely random guy.

I mean, I'm like 70% sure it's a swerve and he'll show up and just have the same gimmick he always did.

It’s a “he’s just like you” thing, but it remains to be seen if it’s everyman who kicks rear end, or just everyman.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Owens will be appreciative and happy to be back for about a month, then turn out of nowhere because he's bitter that he has to perform for YOU PEOPLE instead of spend time at home with his family.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
owens new gimmick of man who eats food

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Has an entertainment product in the last 50 years ever been this ice cold, yet so profitable? This poo poo is insane.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm likely remembering a different thing than what Jerusalem was saying but there is an OVW story where Doug Basham was OVW's top heel and had long hair. He came back from a quick trip up north shaved bald because Laurinaitis requested it, Creative wanted to see how he'd look ahead of their plan of teaming him with Danny as twins

That's basically how I remember it. Doug Basham was the cocky heel with long hair who was Danny Davis' nephew and rebelling against everything he and the company stood for as leader of The Revolution, and The Damaja was the blue collar hero who was once a member of the Revolution but had rebelled against Basham and was fighting to defend honor and tradition and blah blah blah. Then WWE calls Basham up, shaves his head, and makes Damaja his brother right in the middle of Cornette's final match build even after Cornette asked them to just give him a little notice. I think Cornette ended up trying to write around it by saying Basham owned Damaja's WWE contract and was making him tag as his brother to torture him or some nonsense.

Naturally, there's a Cornette rant about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zO8z0Szgz0

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Raw sounds dire beyond words. I hate quiet crowds (I'd rather they poo poo on everything and chant boring or change the channel) but who can blame them for not reacting to any of that poo poo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So for those curious, Black, Gargano, Ciampa, and Ricochet all had their WWE.com profiles moved to the main roster section of the website.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Since they drop part of everyone’s name, should KO redebut as Kevin or Owens?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I assume that these NXT call ups are going to float between Raw and Smackdown until the Superstar Shakeup, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, the main event of RAW was Ronda Rousey straight squashing the Riot Squad. That's it?

edit: Rereading that recap since I was in disbelief, I guess it says it was a more competitive match than the night before. Still. But in fairness, I guess not a "straight squash."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 19, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

So for those curious, Black, Gargano, Ciampa, and Ricochet all had their WWE.com profiles moved to the main roster section of the website.

Jesus, so much for having consecutive stellar pre Mania Takeovers. :stare: I honestly would have expected Undisputed Era to get called up first after Mania, same with Ciampa, Gargano, Dream and Ricochet next year.

This reeks of panic because a lot of guys are either hurt or probably on their way out. Along with the giant vacuum hole of Vince's booking to have Roman be THE guy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The main event was the giving away of the piglet, but some body didn't post pics of it. i hope they do some day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

I assume that these NXT call ups are going to float between Raw and Smackdown until the Superstar Shakeup, right?

I think the idea here is to have them on all three shows to get people used to these guys on TV, then putting them back in NXT when the FOX switch happens.

Hey, y'like Aleister Black from Raw and SmackDown? Well now ya gotta watch him on NXT 'cause he's only on NXT now, on FS1.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, the main event of RAW was Ronda Rousey straight squashing the Riot Squad. That's it?

No, it was Ronda beating Ruby in a semi-competitive match with some Riot Squad interference

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mkay0 posted:

No, it was Ronda beating Ruby in a semi-competitive match with some Riot Squad interference

Yeah, I must have misread that or just had the match from last night on the brain. Obviously a competitive match makes more sense, even if it still plays odd as a main event after a "squash" last night. But "straight squash" was my mistake.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Aphrodite posted:

A number of NXT champs have appeared on the main roster then continued in NXT for a bit.

Remember when the Bruiserweight beat reigning champion Enzo Amore? How the gently caress has Pete Dunne been champ that long?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Amazing how you can add Black, Ciampa, Gargano and Ricochet to a show and nonethless manage to make the show even worse and more illogical.

He already deleted it, I assume it was something racist that we shouldn't hold him responsible for because he has mental issues?

Edit: Well, that's disappointingly lame.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was something like "lol it's NXT vs WWE" and then someone probably made fun of him and he removed it

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Psychepath posted:

Owens will be appreciative and happy to be back for about a month, then turn out of nowhere because he's bitter that he has to perform for YOU PEOPLE instead of spend time at home with his family.

Repeat the AJ/Samoa Joe feud with Kevin Owens in AJ's place, but instead of freak out, KO is all "Oh, cool. Joe is a fantastic babysitter. I love when he randomly comes by my house. Him and my kids sit around and play video games. Sometimes he brings pie."

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Repeat the AJ/Samoa Joe feud with Kevin Owens in AJ's place, but instead of freak out, KO is all "Oh, cool. Joe is a fantastic babysitter. I love when he randomly comes by my house. Him and my kids sit around and play video games. Sometimes he brings pie."

“I let him use my lucky mug.”

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
I realize the story line is that Heyman produced and paid for the Lesnar piece, but that video package seemed like it was almost a satirical take on how WWE revises history. Like it didn't just contain minor omissions, it completely broke from reality in the same way WWE tries to convince the convince-able, but taken to an extreme. When they glossed over Lesnar jobbing to Cena and HHH for like 2 was when I started thinking it had to be a larf.

It was also a laugh moment when they showed when Lesnar was returning in 2012 that a new crop had risen in WWE such as Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, and Finn Balor.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wwe is obliterating the brand split in inventive and groundbreaking ways

yeah that raw sounds pretty rough. gently caress me for ever caring about the riott squadd i guess.

if this is a permanent callup for those four, then man... i dunno. if it's just a one time special showing then its still extremely confusing and with such little fanfare. the whole thing smells of panic, which is crazy because they actually put on a half-decent show last night, aside from poo poo they are insisting on re-hashing for the second night.

when the gently caress are the last nxt callups getting assigned to a show? is this an admission that they hosed up and brought in a whole bunch of jobbers for this years crop, and trying to get some of that aew signing shine? what is this?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Remember when the Bruiserweight beat reigning champion Enzo Amore? How the gently caress has Pete Dunne been champ that long?

The WWE UK poo poo barely exists, that's how.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Luke72w posted:

I realize the story line is that Heyman produced and paid for the Lesnar piece, but that video package seemed like it was almost a satirical take on how WWE revises history. Like it didn't just contain minor omissions, it completely broke from reality in the same way WWE tries to convince the convince-able, but taken to an extreme. When they glossed over Lesnar jobbing to Cena and HHH for like 2 was when I started thinking it had to be a larf.

It was also a laugh moment when they showed when Lesnar was returning in 2012 that a new crop had risen in WWE such as Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, and Finn Balor.

It also didn't mention how he got beat by Cain and Overeem

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Veryslightlymad posted:

This was the WWE the comic storyline. Half of the storylines are people revealing they were cruel to AJ styles so they could have a legendary feud.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

shiksa posted:

when the gently caress are the last nxt callups getting assigned to a show? is this an admission that they hosed up and brought in a whole bunch of jobbers for this years crop, and trying to get some of that aew signing shine? what is this?
They are inducting a faction that includes a dude currently working for AEW in a major position.

It is pretty safe to say that somewhere between Vince, HHH and ratings falling off a cliff the plot has been lost.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Wazzu posted:

That happened when they asked Tyler Bate to show up for the European main roster tour while he was the UK champion and he told HHH he wouldn’t do it on the grounds he had already booked a “lad’s holiday” with his friends.

He quickly dropped the UK title after that and was immediately dropped down the card.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

fatherofmustard posted:

It also didn't mention how he got beat by Cain and Overeem

This video package was the WWE equivalent of George H W Bush's memoirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdhRR6OeDw

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DarkstarIV posted:

Holy poo poo.

...all hail NXT Champion Velveteen Dream!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spiderdrake posted:

They are inducting a faction that includes a dude currently working for AEW in a major position.

It is pretty safe to say that somewhere between Vince, HHH and ratings falling off a cliff the plot has been lost.

holy moly id forgotten that "the one" billy gunn "the man who makes it rain asses" has gone so far as appeared in multiple BTE episodes aside from being at the rallies.

i mean, he has to be at the ceremony right? he has to be, if only to make everyone else look like poo poo because he still looks like 1998 billy gunn for all intents and purposes.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

AEW won’t have done anything by the time they do the induction. It’s fine. I think they let Flair or whatever show up for the Four Horsemen thing when he was in TNA too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

AEW won’t have done anything by the time they do the induction. It’s fine. I think they let Flair or whatever show up for the Four Horsemen thing when he was in TNA too.

just an opinion

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

NXT still have Velveteen and Adam Cole to hold down their main event scene and plenty of good midcard talent they could push upward, but I do have to wonder what the hell they're going to do with these four BEFORE Mania. Calling them up on the Raw After Mania and then doing the Shakeup on the following Smackdown to reveal where they're all landing would have been huge, but what purpose do they serve being called up now when there are already so many ongoing storylines to keep the existing roster's dancecard full?

I mean, we know the Mania Card is going to be Bryan vs Somebody, Brock v Rollins, Ronda/Becky/Charlotte (:sigh:), and almost certainly Miz v Shane. There will be a Cruiserweight match, A SD Women's, a Women's Tag, Two Men's Tags, a US and IC, and an ARMBAR and maybe a Women's Battle Royal. That's a 13 match card right there assuming there's nothing else.

Raw is so scattered and bloated right now. And now they're going to try and fit in four more big talents? It's weird.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

They came up as a showcase for NXT to get more eyes on the product. That’s it.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Scattered is really the right word for Raw and it feels especially that way since they lost the overrun. Segments just clip into each other with entrance music for the next match at the end of beatdowns, commercials seemingly everywhere and at random, or like tonight Finn interrupting Heyman and presumably interacting during the break, but we don't get to see it, and then Ricochet is there for a reason.

Segments are simultaneously too long, feel rushed, are incredibly boring but too frantic to give you time to figure out what's going on, and all without taking advantage of the strengths of 80% of the best roster in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

the escape goat posted:

They came up as a showcase for NXT to get more eyes on the product. That’s it.

If they want to get more eyes on NXT, there have to be better ways than calling up four guys out of nowhere to have completely meaningless matches in some small town where nobody knows them and they thus have no heat whatsoever.

Like do a #1 contender's match on Raw to set up a Takeover match or something. Do something that makes any goddamn sense whatsoever.