Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Siljmonster posted:

couldnt get very far in Neo Scavenger but this is awesome

I got pretty close to reaching the big technologically advanced city that's supposed to be a gateway to the endgame, but moved on to something else. I'd still like to go back to it though, and maybe I will soon once I finish Mad Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ive got Mad Max installed as well as a number of other things but games arent fun anymore and my arms dont work right to play anyways

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if your thinking 'anthem looks kinda cool' buy Titanfall 2 because it will deliver everything you expected of anthem (fast paced, sci-fi gameplay where you fly around at light speed) for cheaper and also people are playing it again now that apex came out

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if I had a keyboard with a NUMPAD, you know I'd be playing more Caverns of Qud

I don't and its alternate configuration for no-NUMPAD play is frustrating at best

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Victory Position posted:

if I had a keyboard with a NUMPAD, you know I'd be playing more Caverns of Qud

I don't and its alternate configuration for no-NUMPAD play is frustrating at best

you can rebind all the keys now i believe, if not ask Unormal/Pytomancer whats up with that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Siljmonster posted:

ive got Mad Max installed as well as a number of other things but games arent fun anymore and my arms dont work right to play anyways

what happened to your arms, bud?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
mad max is a fun game for about an hour but then it gets extremely boring

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

what happened to your arms, bud?

Had too many heated gaming moments

Just your bog standard disabilities that get worse and sometimes better

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i got Kingdom Come on mega sale and i've played the first couple hours and if this game was like, 10% more polished it'd probably suck me in, but i keep running into goofy TES style poo poo with actors bumbling around and saying weird poo poo and generally ruining the compelling atmosphere

i'll keep pushing forward awhile because i want to explore the beautiful landscapes i saw while fleeing on a horse, but i'm stuck in a city and have to do some kinda dumb dance to get out of it and i can't find anything anywhere, sigh.

yeah i know the developers are chuds, w/e

also still dumping mega hours into RUST, because RUST with a dedicated play group is the greatest gaming experience ever

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I saw a sub-Saharan the other day.

Horrible creatures. I avoid them whenever I can.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xaris posted:

yeah pretty much, i laughed when i heard Anthem was developed over 6 years. that poo poo must have been re-done like 5x and it's modern incarnation is whatever leftover assets they could poo poo together in a year or 2 tops and then only barely.

Destiny 2 is one of the worst AAA games ive ever played and I'll take launch-state Anthem over that poo poo holy god there was nothing redeeming about it. maybe Dest2 has got "good" now over a year later but i doubt it.

Destiny 2 got really good when Forsaken dropped and then they completely biffed it with the post forsaken expansions

Well I guess there's only been one

But when it dropped it was like hey there's new activity to go do

Also you have to grind the old content for another ten plus gear levels before you can do it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is it racist if I constantly marry ethiopians in CK2 to make my ruling family slowly turn black over 300 years

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Who does Bernie main in Apex/Overwatch?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fuligin posted:

Oh word, is this not poo poo? I really couldnt tell if it was the good or bad kind of jank from the steam page

It's teally good. It's like Civ mixed with Total War.

I had a huge empire but locust swarms destroyed my crops and killed millions so the peasants rebelled and shattered me

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I was not prepared to get my rear end kicked by the Smash Bros story mode, but here we are.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Larry Parrish posted:

is it racist if I constantly marry ethiopians in CK2 to make my ruling family slowly turn black over 300 years

race mixing is communism, and good

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Retromancer posted:

caustic probably

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Larry Parrish posted:

Youre supposed to keep marrying Basques so you can get full primogenture

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Larry Parrish posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007OLYPA4/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

mastershakeman posted:

Play on easy at least til after the funeral

ive only had to switch to easy at the fight club part so far. my powers are getting... stronger...

for real though i remember having more issue with just the puzzle section of the funeral scene haha

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Retromancer posted:

let me be clear. i play bloodhound because i like to track. i like to be- in tune wid nature.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
i play wraith because i like abandoning my team the second things get hot

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Larry Parrish posted:

There was a "your son marries an exotic african bride" event for merchant republics that fired often enough that the entire proto-bourgoisie of europe would inevitably become black, but i think pdox lowered its frequency unfortunately

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

shiksa posted:

let me be clear. i play bloodhound because i like to track. i like to be- in tune wid nature.

Bloodhound refrences Norse mythology constantly so he's clearly on that 1488 poo poo.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Larry Parrish posted:

does it give you a buff to be black? paradox is swedish i could believe it

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

does it give you a buff to be black? paradox is swedish i could believe it

CK2 doesn't really have the concept of race so paradox gets to dodge a bullet on this one, everyone instead wants to kill you because you're the wrong religion

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SpaceGoku posted:

CK2 doesn't really have the concept of race so paradox gets to dodge a bullet on this one, everyone instead wants to kill you because you're the wrong religion

lol

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm torrenting the new metro should be fun

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I think it's safe to say bernie only plays Mirage and Caustic

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Calibanibal posted:

I'm torrenting the new metro should be fun

ya gunna do that when i get home. ive been in a game rut in that nothing has been seemingly interesting for me to even load-up rn but im stoked for that

i should probably start yakuza 0 afterwards

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A sequel to Neo Scavenger was just announced called OstraNaughts.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1022980/Ostranauts

Apparently you manage the crew of a ship in sol system and your main objective is to keep the debt collectors off your back. If you haven't played Neo Scavenger it's a really great roguelike exploration/survival game. In Scavenger the Earth was devastated by a cataclysm and society has almost completely collapsed, but apparently outer space is still controlled by a capitalist dystopia that's barely holding together with the loss of Earth.

I love NEO Scavenger despite its very steep learning curve, and will check this out. I seem to recall some newspapers you find in-game mentioning rebel forces seizing control of space ports in Europe and cutting off access to off-world colonies, so that's like the tie-in.

Siljmonster posted:

couldnt get very far in Neo Scavenger but this is awesome

Yeah there's like one character build that makes things formidable but manageable, and all the other combinations are basically prohibitively difficult. Plus, if you are unlucky in your first several rounds of play you stand a pretty good chance to freezing to death, naked in the woods. Still a load of fun.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

I think it's safe to say bernie only plays Mirage and Caustic

Trying to say Bernie has lots of money to buy DLC Characters?

Problematic tropes!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Note that the two characters you have to buy are also the only white males (theyre considered more valuable; premium)

Bernie bought them day 1

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

bethesda has successfully managed to ban the only player enjoying fallout 76

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/as0aea/banned_im_the_900_hours_played_guy/

e: he was banned because automated systems detected him gaining "too much" ammunition because he would drop his excess for other players and if they didn't take it he would pick it back up

algorithms own

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Banned. I'm the 900 shitposts guy

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the only white male in Apex is a literally toxic narcissistic psychopath and the only really bad guy in the game, GOTY

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

apex is p. good

i am terrible at that style of shooter and keep letting my friends down though, and them really wanting to play with me despite being a strict handicap makes me feel bad :s

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

It's a game set in a dystopian future where instead of watching football or futbol they watch thunderdome. The gladiators are almostly minorities being exploited and forced to murder each other for entertainment. It rules

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

Note that the two characters you have to buy are also the only white males (theyre considered more valuable; premium)

Bernie bought them day 1

Mirage is black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Oh no