Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DIO's ultimate goal, as far as I can tell, was to be in control of the world by continuously training The World's time stop to get longer and longer to the point that only he would exist in his world and everyone else would be under his control because nobody else would be able to move within stopped time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

FirstAidKite posted:

DIO's ultimate goal, as far as I can tell, was to be in control of the world by continuously training The World's time stop to get longer and longer to the point that only he would exist in his world and everyone else would be under his control because nobody else would be able to move within stopped time.

Ah, so that's where Final Fantasy 8's writers cribbed that idea from.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tetracube posted:

jojo characters are like pokemon and can only know how to do 4 things at any time

This makes a large amount of sense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gold Experience is trying to learn Create Body Parts! But Gold Experience can only learn four moves. Delete a move for Create Body Parts?

-Turn Into Living Beings
>Reflect Damage
-MUDA MUDA MUDA
-Sick Posing

1...2...3...ゴ! Gold Experience forgot Reflect Damage! And...Gold Experience learned Create Body Parts!

Giorno had already deleted Life Energy Overload Punch at this point. Sick Posing can't be deleted.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I ask the heavens to please bring me a good JoJo 2D fighter in the future and I swear I'll go buy a stick and whatever else required to play it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Willsun posted:

I ask the heavens to please bring me a good JoJo 2D fighter in the future and I swear I'll go buy a stick and whatever else required to play it.

Heritage for the Future is a 2D fighter from the 90s and it's by far the best Jojo game out of all them so far.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 21, 2019

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nephthys posted:

DIO was super-dead after Jotaro won. It's not like Jotaro was attacking DIO physically, he destroyed his stand directly. Since stands are basically your 'soul' destroying The World psychically annihilated him, which is also why his head pops like a cork from it. Destroying someones stand can be called 'true damage' in that it bypasses all other concerns.

DIO also says that if Polnareff had managed to destroy his brain he'd have actually killed him.

Yeah but his cells (or I guess Johnathan's former cells) were probably still vampiricly alive. They maybe couldn't become DIO again, but they could probably still function as vampire spores and do stuff like mutate Okuyasu's dad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DIO would probably have regenerated given the time.
But also considering a "clean" head transplant took 100 years to get to where he was and he was shattered into chunks, it'd take a very long time.

But like we saw anyway, they only needed to defeat him long enough for the sun to come up.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
DIO didn't use Space Ripper Stingy Eyes because Jotaro, Polnareff, and Joseph have already demonstrated that they can react to and deflect projectiles with the size and speed of a bullet. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes would have given him no tactical advantage and it wouldn't have made the fight more interesting either, but if anyone really wants to have a pointless scene where Dio shoots Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and Jotaro deflects it effortlessly, there's something like that in the Drama CD version.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/a...morikawa-voices

I
Got
A
Boner

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JDRockefeller posted:

DIO was still wary of ripple, and with all his stand power, he was still a regular rear end vampire that was probably less powerful in terms of regeneration than his peak in Phantom Blood since he was still adjusting to Jonathan's body. With ripple being able to travel through stands, The World pulls its punches when its about to hit Joseph since he covered himself with Hermit Purple pulsing ripple through it. DIO then opts for just kicking an entire chimney into Joseph.

I imagine there is also certain power output to the vampire powers as well. Straights mentions it took a lot out of him to pull himself together after being blown to bits. Can maybe think of it like fighting game super meter. Are you gonna spend meter on charging the eyeball lasers that a stand would probably block anyway? Or go for the time stop super?

Finally, I would imagine that had DIO won and beaten the Joestars, he'd just continue where he left off when Jonathan stopped him. He'd continue to gain power as a vampire, which would then continue to fuel his stand's power. He even thinks to himself that eventually he'd be able to stop time for as long as he pleases. On top of that, we know that Kars was able to experiment and evolve himself, so maybe DIO would start doing that again too, reaching Pillar man status and beyond.

Daxing Dan posted:

DIO didn't use Space Ripper Stingy Eyes because Jotaro, Polnareff, and Joseph have already demonstrated that they can react to and deflect projectiles with the size and speed of a bullet. Space Ripper Stingy Eyes would have given him no tactical advantage and it wouldn't have made the fight more interesting either, but if anyone really wants to have a pointless scene where Dio shoots Space Ripper Stingy Eyes and Jotaro deflects it effortlessly, there's something like that in the Drama CD version.
Yeah, these two make the most sense. Dio realizes that if he fought :airquote:in Joseph's terms:airquote:, he was heading for the crapper, so he took that away from the old guy.

And hell, Joseph did the counter to the Space Ripper Stingy Eyes with way less training under his belt back in part 2 when he went against Straits. Part of what made Joseph such a fun character is that, when it was his turn to fight, he was all about the bullshitting, kind of like a Heel/Rudo in wrestling. :allears:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

overmind2000 posted:

Heritage for the Future is a 2D fighter from the 90s and it's by far the best Jojo game out of all them so far.

Oh I know of this one already all too well. I'm thinking more of something like a DBFZ treatment even if it's 2.5D because they've been doing a good job with that and GGXrd.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DIO would probably have regenerated given the time.
But also considering a "clean" head transplant took 100 years to get to where he was and he was shattered into chunks, it'd take a very long time.

But like we saw anyway, they only needed to defeat him long enough for the sun to come up.

Nah, destroying a vampires brain can kill them and DIO's head exploded into pulpy chunks. After that happens a caption straight up says 'DIO and The World are dead.' DIO was only still alive after decapitation because his brain was fine. Remember that in JoJo's a vampire is only someone with their brains potential brought out by the stone mask.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 21, 2019

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

overmind2000 posted:

Finally played this at an arcade with my friend the other day and god drat it is broken. Fun as hell and filled with fan service but some characters absolutely decimate everyone else.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I can't wait for the dub to get to that line, I am so excited

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't wait for the dub to get to that line, I am so excited

You know it's going to be "I became...aroused" instead or something equally limp right

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Finally played this at an arcade with my friend the other day and god drat it is broken. Fun as hell and filled with fan service but some characters absolutely decimate everyone else.

Yeah Pet Shop is basically permabanned from all tournaments

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/H_3_N_T_A_I/status/1098259072921538560

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pro click

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh my god

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

hmmmmm

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hm, that is quite something.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t know what a MAP zoophile is and I’m afraid to look it up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
absolutely none of you have to keep talking about this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let's just close our eyes, and we'll all wake up feeling so horny tomorrow for the episode.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

sheer heart attack has no weakness

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Szmitten posted:

You know it's going to be "I became...aroused" instead or something equally limp right

Douglas has been doing such a great job though, I want to believe

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waffleman_ posted:

Let's just close our eyes, and we'll all wake up feeling so horny tomorrow for the episode.

somehow i'd forgotten tomorrow was friday and now i'm glad

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Johnny Joestar posted:

somehow i'd forgotten tomorrow was friday and now i'm glad

I love when life gets busy and friday sneaks up on you and it's like "oh poo poo I haven't watched Jojo yet"

We are not worthy, they're really knocking this one out of the park :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm glad tomorrow is Saturday.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Douglas has been doing such a great job though, I want to believe

Oh believe me if they do I'll be first in line to watch the "Chris I got a boner total global saturation" mashup

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Total. Global. Boner.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm excited to see where this week's episode ends. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

IT'S HERE

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1098998172746219528

E: Still Fighting Gold

It is imperative that you not open this link until you have watched the episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3028oDEKZo4

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 22, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A related link with the same stipulation.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Crunchyroll is down! God Dammit! gently caress!!!

e: oh it was just a gateway error, nevermind.

e2: 3 minutes into the episode and it stops working again.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 22, 2019

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Crunchyroll is down! God Dammit! gently caress!!!

It worked for me...

King Crimson is scary af animated; and just giving up on the censorship is making a huge difference in this part.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A whole new world of memes has been opened up in the anime thread with this episode's airing

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sockser posted:

A whole new world of memes has been opened up in the anime thread with this episode's airing

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

oh my god that ending