Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

codo27 posted:

I cant wait to finish building my new PC, load up the game and make it to the last 2 squads only for it to crash

but you'll get there with fancy graphics and high frames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

codo27 posted:

I cant wait to finish building my new PC, load up the game and make it to the last 2 squads only for it to crash

most people don't crash, the few that do are just (understandably) really loud about it

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Pivo posted:

most people don't crash, the few that do are just (understandably) really loud about it

Everyone I play with on a regular basis (including goons, so not a small pool) has had crashes, some often. I've never gotten through a play session without myself or at least one person I'm playing with crashing.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Yeah most people never experience any crashes, but some people crash a lot. They're actively working on it so hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

The Good Professor posted:

Everyone I play with on a regular basis (including goons, so not a small pool) has had crashes, some often. I've never gotten through a play session without myself or at least one person I'm playing with crashing.

My anecdote is exactly the opposite - not a single person I play with has ever crashed, even once.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I have never crashed nor have seen anyone I know crash while playing with me.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The Good Professor posted:

Same, and I crash pretty often. I *think* updating my AMD drivers has helped, but I haven't played enough since doing it to confirm for sure.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
If you accept an invite in game it immediately pulls you out, and sometimes seems to auto accept? Have been pulled out of games right before (presumably) winning the last 3v1. Seems like a bad system, but I can’t tell if it’s intended or a bug.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
the crashing wouldn't be so terrible if you could rejoin games. Whenever my game crashes (once every couple of hours) I can instantly boot the game back up and be playing again in like 3 seconds... in a new match. Why doesn't it hold my slot for a minute or something?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

sunken fleet posted:

Why doesn't it hold my slot for a minute or something?

Because this is a feature that didn't make it into launch that they are confirmed actively working on.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I restart the game every 3 or 4 games played and at level 95 or whatever I've had like three crashes total, so like 1% of games

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
2 quick questions/info I need confirming:

1- At what lvl you have enough in-game currency to get one of the locked characters?

2- You can only place a portal at your feet as Wraith? As in you can't send you portal somewhere in you line of sight?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I am still awful at this game. I still do dumb stuff like trying to fight people out in the open plains to save my teammates or reviving them in midcombat. What some good tips for Wraith besides not doing those two examples.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

New Wave Jose posted:

1- At what lvl you have enough in-game currency to get one of the locked characters?

2- You can only place a portal at your feet as Wraith? As in you can't send you portal somewhere in you line of sight?

1 - Around level 20 is when you can unlock a character. (21? very close to 20 - I'm about to hit 43 which will unlock my second character)

2 - Correct.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

New Wave Jose posted:

1: 22 and 44, I think.

2: Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

New Wave Jose posted:

1. It's exactly level 23.

2. Always at your feet, but it actually increases your walk speed by a pretty high amount while you're running to place the second one. Without ziplines involved, Wraith placing a portal is the fastest character in the game.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Bloodhound's "ping" ability is finally clicking with me. I've found three main situations where it's amazing:

1. Mid firefight, looking for enemy flankers. Direct the ping not where you think enemies are, but where you don't want them to be. If the ping shows no hostiles, it's just one less thing to worry about.

2. Mid firefight, when an enemy retreats to heal. It's all about maintaining pressure. A good player will probably notice the ping and can be forced into doing something they don't want to do.

3. Building clearing. This one's a little more situational, but we used it to great effect last night. I picked up some fresh footprints and led the team to a small compound. We suspected that they were all in the main building together, so I ping all three of them and we fill the place with grenades. Amazing, they didn't even get any real damage on us.

If you're closely grouped with your team, give your guys a heads up before you use your ability, as an especially astute enemy can zero in on your location if they see the ping coming.

Good Bloodhounds are scary.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You can also use it for loot ticks if you don't feel like looking for it by sound alone.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Good luck with your brave attempt to overload the word “ping” in a game with an explicit “ping system”

May I suggest “scan”?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pivo posted:

Good luck with your brave attempt to overload the word “ping” in a game with an explicit “ping system”

May I suggest “scan”?

I thought they meant bloodhounds passive, ha. I was gonna say "oh yeah I mean I ping out that someone was here recently but what do you mean"

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
Lol yeah, my bad.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
3 games in a row, 3 crashes

what I think I love most about the crashing, is just when I think I have it figured out and the crashing is under control

it just starts right back up

so I guess my 'enable origin in game' theory was just RNG and I'm back to square one. cool

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Jedrick posted:

Bloodhound's "ping" ability is finally clicking with me. I've found three main situations where it's amazing:

1. Mid firefight, looking for enemy flankers. Direct the ping not where you think enemies are, but where you don't want them to be. If the ping shows no hostiles, it's just one less thing to worry about.

2. Mid firefight, when an enemy retreats to heal. It's all about maintaining pressure. A good player will probably notice the ping and can be forced into doing something they don't want to do.

3. Building clearing. This one's a little more situational, but we used it to great effect last night. I picked up some fresh footprints and led the team to a small compound. We suspected that they were all in the main building together, so I ping all three of them and we fill the place with grenades. Amazing, they didn't even get any real damage on us.

If you're closely grouped with your team, give your guys a heads up before you use your ability, as an especially astute enemy can zero in on your location if they see the ping coming.

Good Bloodhounds are scary.

Is the ping not 360 degrees around you?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'd love to be able to play on PC even with crashes, rather than be stuck on PS4. Finally getting the hang of console shooting again at least.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
No it's a wide cone that shoots out of you.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I love this game so much. The characters are fun, the gameplay is extremely good, the devs are active, and its free to play. My only complaint is that its so good that I don't play much else besides this game, lol.

Also even tho I can get wins with randoms, I don't seem to be able to repeat that with my actual irl friends despite the vastly better communication we have when compared to random squads.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I ignored the gently caress out of Bloodhound when I started playing but after trying them for a laugh I fell in love. Even ignoring the ping Super Spooky Wallhack Donk Button and the amazing Beast of the Hunt ability, I loving love their passive of being able to track footprints, loot and actions. The amount of things you can uncover is staggering and just being able to tell the story of what happened to a group of players who were nearby like you're some sort of futuristic Witcher is so loving cool. I have a really hard time figuring out where players run to in these sorts of games but Bloodhound makes it so much easier if you have poor situational awareness while also making you a huge benefit to the team if you can communicate your findings (You can ping tracks!), since so much of these games rely on "information is power" as one of their core tenants.

You can also track Wraith when she phases in Beast of the Hunt mode gently caress it's so cool.

SettingSun posted:

I think this is endemic to a lot of people. I'm the exact same way. I show something vaguely resembling competence and can get some kills unless I play with friends.

:same: I mentioned it a few pages back but I am a spirit of loving devastation when playing solo and hardly talking and a cardboard coated wet blanket if I'm with my much more talented friends.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 21, 2019

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Also even tho I can get wins with randoms, I don't seem to be able to repeat that with my actual irl friends despite the vastly better communication we have when compared to random squads.

I think this is endemic to a lot of people. I'm the exact same way. I show something vaguely resembling competence and can get some kills unless I play with friends.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
If you're like me and have trouble focusing on what/whom you're shooting because froot-loops-style numbers keep popping up whenever you hit someone, go turn that poo poo off.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

panda clue posted:

Yeah most people never experience any crashes, but some people crash a lot. They're actively working on it so hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

My anecdote is exactly the opposite - not a single person I play with has ever crashed, even once.

I've had many crashes on PS4, even a few since the patch this week. Every time it happens to me if I'm playing with people I know I get logged back in and tell them I crashed and they don't even seem remotely shocked. I'm pretty certain it is incredibly common place on PS4 still. I've also had many many instances of random people I'm playing with just dropping from matches for no apparent reason like 10 minutes into the match and I'm sure a majority if not all of those are because of crashes.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

SettingSun posted:

I have the same problem. Spent yesterday trying to get wins with my friends and couldn't get anything. Tried later on with randoms and got 2 wins in a row. I wasn't matching up with amazing players either, just average dudes.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm sure everyone's already said this but god drat the jump music at the start of the match is loving hype as hell

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

I'm sure everyone's already said this but god drat the jump music at the start of the match is loving hype as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6DNCokHGhI

:rock:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I feel like it's time to accept I'm not going to get better at this.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
How do people regain altitude after jumping off of a balloon? Like this: https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentLongCrabsArgieB8

I couldn't find which button to mash to do that.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Wish I didn't have to hear insanely loud gunshots and callouts on my dead body after the silence of the little transitional screen after being downed.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I got a duo win where I got 8 kills/1300 dmg and my partner got 0/200 (though he did bait enemies really well). Then got another win where I killed myself midway through the final fight by falling off a ledge in Relay ><

scuz posted:

If you're like me and have trouble focusing on what/whom you're shooting because froot-loops-style numbers keep popping up whenever you hit someone, go turn that poo poo off.

Re damage numbers, I would change it so it shows every individual hit, not a cumulative damage count. I also really wouldn’t turn it off unless it’s reaaallly distracting, because knowing what type of armor people have/exactly when you’ve broken it/where people are when you spam smoke is super helpful.
E:

DreadCthulhu posted:

How do people regain altitude after jumping off of a balloon? Like this: https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentLongCrabsArgieB8

My best luck has been: Look up and hit freelook when starting to fly. When you’re slowing down, let go of freelook, look up again, and hit freelook again.

E: chaining the freelook when you switch to the hover animation is key I think. It seems like it sort of resets your glide.

tildes fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 21, 2019

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DreadCthulhu posted:

Before you launch off the balloon point the camera straight upwards, then use freelook to actually look around while flying. For some reason having the camera pointing up affects the physics and lets you fly a lot further.

(at least until they fix it because it's obviously not supposed to work like that)

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

DreadCthulhu posted:

It's been brought up a couple times (maybe should be added to the op??) but this is how I've been doing it:
  • Get to the bottom of the balloon facing the direction you wanna go
  • Hit the zipline and look straight up the whole time
  • When you're launched from the balloon, activate freelook (right-click on PC) to look around
  • Don't ever let go of freelook until you land

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

DreadCthulhu posted:

isn't he just trading airspeed for altitude like a glider?

if that's not intentional, it drat well should be. it annoys me that MAX GLIDE is shown as your maximum airspeed ... that's not correct. max glide in an aircraft like a glider is the airspeed at which your distance travelled per foot of altitude is maximized (lift to drag ratio)

Pivo fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

DreadCthulhu posted:

Once you start flying after hitting the top of the balloon rope, look straight up at the sky. Then hold down the freelook button (right mouse on PC), to actually look around and see where you're going. Now anytime your character enters that "about to land" animation they will pop up in the air a bit. If you really want to get more air,fly towards the top of cliffs to get that animation while you already have a lot of air. If you keep flying towards cliffs and other tall objects to repeatedly get that "about to land" animation bounce you can fly real drat far.