Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
E

Hell yea read Cradle, but I want to see me some honor duels, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

onsetOutsider posted:

Hi I'm here from the banner ad and thought why not. I can't decide between setting A and E so I'll pick the one with fewer votes right now.

Welcome! I'm glad to hear they're working. I hope the game lives up to expectations.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
E

I get why people want a pet cat, but let's fight an honor duel and then make friends with a giant ghost cat!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
E: Suelta for the proto-Avatar setting. Let's raise hell in the spirit wilds.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
plz stop sleeping on Team A.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

A wise man once said that the most powerful force in the universe is Compound Interest.

Only in one of the Empire's mercantile hearts can we master the Hand Over Fist.

D

Quite. D

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Y'all best believe if E wins then I'll be writing in the option of saying "Is it just me, or is it Suelta-ring in here" at every single choice until it happens.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

onsetOutsider posted:

Y'all best believe if E wins then I'll be writing in the option of saying "Is it just me, or is it Suelta-ring in here" at every single choice until it happens.

this is only logical and appropriate

e: if daos are a thing, we must cultivate the dao of the pun

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Voting A for excellent animal friends.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
If you guys want some decent webnovels in the genre that this CYOA will (probably? I am, after all, not the author) draw inspiration from, I'd personally suggest A Will Eternal or Library of Heaven's Path.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I just got the joke in the title and now I'm switched my vote from E to D. Let's be a Kung Fu capitalist.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
I'm throwing in for A. I'm excited to be on the ground floor for one of these again.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The Lord of Hats posted:

A wise man once said that the most powerful force in the universe is Compound Interest.

Only in one of the Empire's mercantile hearts can we master the Hand Over Fist.

D

Gotta go with this, it's a lame gag, which is the best support for a long-term serious story (see: Barkley SUaJ:G)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
E

charms
Oct 14, 2012

D for compound interesting times.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Gimme B

mithrasoflego
Dec 30, 2017
Considering everything I'm thinking B because street urchin kung-fu.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

A because animal buddies sound like an awesome start to an adventure.
For everyone who wanted honor duels, don't worry. There will still be lots of those.

It is midday, and the light of the world Yolk shines brightly on Aestia Valley.

Your mother screams as you enter the world, and you scream with her. The tribe midwife, Zhuchansa, holds you tenderly. She swiftly inspects you. Then she tests the range of motion of your limbs. Then she pricks you a needle which you kick out of her hand. Satisfied that you are whole and healthy Zhuchansa presents you to your father. "Congratulations!"

1) "It's a":
A "boy."
B "girl."

Though you do not know it yet, you are his first child. He looks at the midwife with an expression of confused panic before reluctantly reaching out to hold you.

2) He holds you up in front of his face and you:
C Hit him in the nose
D Kick him in the chin
E Vomit on him
F Scream
G Cry
H Burble happily
I Smile quietly
write in

The clan matriarch comes forward from where she was observing your birth, as she witnesses every birth in the tribe. Despite being almost 100 years old, she looks only 10 years older than your mother. She takes you from your father and places you on a pile of bedding beside a baby. Too young even to roll over, you still manage to rock your head to the side and look at this strange creature.

3) The baby beside you is a:
M Water Leopard. These giant ambush predators are among both the most powerful and fastest animals in the valley even without using their water-aspected madra. Its fur is a light blue with brown spots, like a waterfall with the occasional rock sticking through it. It looks back at you haughtily for a few seconds and then dismisses you from its attention. Alone among the tribal animals of Aestia valley, it uses only one aspect of madra. Some say it is too proud to stoop to using a second aspect. Others say it doesn't need to because of its many physical advantages.
N Corazon Chamois (Goat-Antelope). Tiny horn buds stick up from its forehead. It stops trying to eat the bedding to look at you. Curious about you it bleats. Corazon Chamois can climb almost anything and have Plant and Earth aspected madra. Their partners are the best alchemists in the valley.
O Silver Bear. The largest animals in the valley they are even stronger than the Water Leopards, but also slower. Utterly fearless, these creatures have Metal and Dream aspected madra. It does not respond when you are placed beside it because, despite having only been born moments ago, it has already fallen asleep.
P Marbled Polecat (think mink or weasel). The marbled polecat cub is tiny; barely larger than even your small hands. It is one of the most cunning animals in the valley and is greatly feared for both its boundless bloodlust and ability to slip past any obstacle. Shadows cling to the cub, trying to hide and protect it even at such a young age. As it ages, it will begin to accumulate Death madra each time it kills.
Q Crystal Butterfly. The butterfly is just now crawling out of its chrysalis. Beautiful wings catch and shatter the light into a million fascinating colors. Though you can't see it yet, everyone else in the room can see the Light madra from the world Yolk soaking into the butterfly. Partners to a crystal butterfly share its intuitive understanding of Air madra.

Your clan matriarch settles into lotus position at the foot of your bedding facing you. She holds one of her hands over each of you. You stretch out to grab her hand, but it is just out of your reach. Eventually, you tire and stop squirming. The matriarch sits still and silent, breathing rhythmically. You are just about to fall asleep when she moves. She places her thumb on your forehead, right between your eyes. Her pinkie on the same hand touches the spirit animal beside you, also on the forehead right between the eyes. Suddenly, you hear a voice in your head: “Hello?”

4)You reply:
V Hello - friendly but cautious
W Greetings honored sibling - respectfully
X Welcome friend! - warmly friendly
Y Get out of my mind! - angry
Z ha ha ha, you're my slave now!
write in

The Matriarch withdraws her hand and then rolls you over to face the other baby. She lectures you: "Child of man, this spirit animal is your sibling and your partner now. You will feed it, keep it warm , shelter it from the elements, and share your madra with it all your days." Then she turns the spirit animal baby to face you and lectures it. "Spirit child, this human is your sibling and your partner now. You will protect it, help it gather vital essence, and share your madra with it all your days." The Matriarch gestured at the midwife and Zhuchansa picked you up and carried you to sleep next to your mother. The matriarch picked up your new sibling and placed it next to you. You quickly fall asleep, sheltered between your mother and your spirit beast sibling. Your first day has been long and tiring.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 9, 2019

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
A E O X

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

A "boy."

Write-In: “Reach out to touch his face.”

Q Crystal Butterfly.

W Greetings honored sibling - respectfully

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
E
N
W

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
A H M V

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B
H
O
X

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

B girl just because

C lets impress him with our fighting spirit and tiny fists

Q Crystal Butterfly sounds cool and different

W Greetings honored sibling

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A I M V

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

B
D
O
X

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

B
E
N
W

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

BHQX

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

B a girl!

H We are joy incarnate

Q Dance like a butterfly, sting like a crystal shard

X We don't understand the rest of the world, but we understand you!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

chin up everything sucks posted:

B a girl!

H We are joy incarnate

Q Dance like a butterfly, sting like a crystal shard

X We don't understand the rest of the world, but we understand you!

a fellow Right Voter

charms
Oct 14, 2012

BENZ

It's Xianxia, you have to be a dickhead. Better to start early.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
B "It's a girl."

CourValant's write-In: “Reach out to touch his face.” otherwise D

P The polecat sounds like a convenient and sneaky pet.

X "Welcome friend!"

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 22, 2019

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

charms posted:

It's Xianxia, you have to be a dickhead. Better to start early.

Maybe it'll be more Forge of Destiny and less Renegade Immortal.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
1.A
2. Write-in: Slap him silly
3. P
4. Write-in: "My dear descendant! Finally am I be able to communicate to you, for I have grave news from both the past and future in regards to the welfare of our clan. I am your forth generation ancestor whom achieved the Transcendence Dream Mind State to be in connection with my current bloodline outside of time and space! However, It is of the utmost importance that you bring me some Silver Mare Milk now!"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
For your consideration, though:

Does any other animal have cute facial expressions like this? Can any other animal help you plant potato to help you survive brutal winter? Can they give you a hug? Will they make this sound when you cuddle?

Make the right choice... or bear the consequences!

This post was paid for by Committee for Bad Companion Choice Prevention.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Nyaa posted:

1.A
2. Write-in: Slap him silly
3. P
4. Write-in: "My dear descendant! Finally am I be able to communicate to you, for I have grave news from both the past and future in regards to the welfare of our clan. I am your forth generation ancestor whom achieved the Transcendence Dream Mind State to be in connection with my current bloodline outside of time and space! However, It is of the utmost importance that you bring me some Silver Mare Milk now!"

You are touching your animal companions mind, not your families.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

chin up everything sucks posted:

You are touching your animal companions mind, not your families.
Yes, the ancient ancestral elder spirit of our animal companions lives within our soul.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
A
I
O
Write in: Dance!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
B
D
P
W

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
B
E
Q
X