Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

They've got a whole movie to set it up in. However they manage it, I just want a full-on early Wonder Woman scene where she gives a speech about how men are idiots, then teaches Thanos about submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The male heroes of the MCU are already useless

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well considering I doubt she's gonna singlehandidly do everything as opposed to just being the person who puts it over the top, its no different than Vision being created half way through Age of Ultron or Wonder Woman showing up at the end of BvS or Thor getting a new hammer to turn the tide in Infinity War. Like, introducing a saving grace in the "last act" is pretty common. And Captain Marvel got teased at the end of Infinity War and will have a whole movie to setup.

But like there's no way Tony and Cap aren't heroically sacrificing themselves or something.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope when she shows up to chump Thanos she has a weird CGI mouth.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 21, 2019

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

But like there's no way Tony and Cap aren't heroically sacrificing themselves or something.

I'm still not convinced of that. There will probably be some sort of story explanation that will sideline them after Endgame but I don't see the studio definitively cutting off the possibility of their return in 3-5 years, if/when Downey and Evans decide they want another big payday.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

I'm still not convinced of that. There will probably be some sort of story explanation that will sideline them after Endgame but I don't see the studio definitively cutting off the possibility of their return in 3-5 years, if/when Downey and Evans decide they want another big payday.

the mcu is already hitting full on 'deaths don't matter' territory, there's no reason they can't kill one off and fudge an excuse to bring them back later on

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I read a spoilered plot synopsis of Captain Marvel on reddit and it sounds booooring. Hope it's a fakeout and lot different than the summary suggests, but if not :rip:https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/asuqti/captain_marvel_plot_leaked_in_douban/

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Brother Entropy posted:

we gotta institute some rule that if you post a title to a clickbait video you gotta summarize it so the rest of us don't have to seek it out and give it hits to hear the dumbass take within

I took the hit and watched the first five minutes. The basis thesis is that because Larson asked for the press on the press tour to not be entirely white and male, this has hurt the films box office chances. Apparently the projected opening has dropped from $160m to $80-100m (which you'll note is not a drop of $100m, only $80m at most). I don't know where this dickhead got those numbers from, or even if they are accurate that the drop is entirely attributable to Larson's request and not people seeing the trailers and deciding the movie looks boring. Maybe the initial projections were just overly optimistic. Then there's some "The SJW menace that killed Star Wars has moved to Marvel!" dribble before I stopped watching, having regretted giving this CHUD a view.

I did use UBlock though, so no ad revenue for him from me, yay?

I don't like Star Wars or Marvel, but the problem ain't the fact they're casting women. This dudes just a piece of poo poo. Ignore

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brother Entropy posted:

the mcu is already hitting full on 'deaths don't matter' territory, there's no reason they can't kill one off and fudge an excuse to bring them back later on

Yeah, I mean its not like we aren't likely to get half the MCU resurrected real soon.

I don't KNOW that Cap and/or Iron Man and/or Thor or whoever are gonna die. Its just, you know. What we know and what traditional narratives would bring about and how the movie is being hyped with both of them front and center. If they want to kill someone and then 5-10 years from now they decide they want them back I'm sure they can find a way to write around that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well that would be narratively unsatisfying to have a character who didn't exist two months ago show up and solve everything.

Isn't that exactly how Smaug got killed in The Hobbit?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Detective No. 27 posted:

Isn't that exactly how Smaug got killed in The Hobbit?

Yes, basing your 10-year payoff off of critically adored film trilogy the Hobbit is the basket that Disney should put all their eggs in.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

teagone posted:

I read a spoilered plot synopsis of Captain Marvel on reddit and it sounds booooring. Hope it's a fakeout and lot different than the summary suggests, but if not :rip:https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/asuqti/captain_marvel_plot_leaked_in_douban/

"She remembers why she become an Air Force member and vaporizes Rogg."

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I mean its not like we aren't likely to get half the MCU resurrected real soon.

I don't KNOW that Cap and/or Iron Man and/or Thor or whoever are gonna die. Its just, you know. What we know and what traditional narratives would bring about and how the movie is being hyped with both of them front and center. If they want to kill someone and then 5-10 years from now they decide they want them back I'm sure they can find a way to write around that.

They’re going to go full out and have both Tony and Cap die - but they’ll be brought back by however they Unsnap the universe, and Tony will “retire” so Marvel can pull him out for whatever movie in the future they decide they need him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I know nothing about it but my guess is the most natural story device would be for one of them to somehow sacrifice themselves to bring back everyone else. Especially with how much they played that "we don't trade lives" idea with Vision in Infinity War.

But its just guessing on themes and stuff. If I had to guess I'd say Cap sacrifices himself and Tony retires.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

pospysyl posted:

"She remembers why she become an Air Force member and vaporizes Rogg."

Captain Marvel: YVAN EHT NIOJ

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

STAC Goat posted:

Oh yeah "woman saves the day thus making my penis shrink." I forgot that.

She also said in an interview that she's more interested to hear what women and young people think of the movie than what 40-year old men think.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

garycoleisgod posted:

I took the hit and watched the first five minutes. The basis thesis is that because Larson asked for the press on the press tour to not be entirely white and male, this has hurt the films box office chances. Apparently the projected opening has dropped from $160m to $80-100m (which you'll note is not a drop of $100m, only $80m at most). I don't know where this dickhead got those numbers from, or even if they are accurate that the drop is entirely attributable to Larson's request and not people seeing the trailers and deciding the movie looks boring. Maybe the initial projections were just overly optimistic. Then there's some "The SJW menace that killed Star Wars has moved to Marvel!" dribble before I stopped watching, having regretted giving this CHUD a view.

I did use UBlock though, so no ad revenue for him from me, yay?

I don't like Star Wars or Marvel, but the problem ain't the fact they're casting women. This dudes just a piece of poo poo. Ignore

There are enough people that are programmed to go see comic book movies that the inertia is self sustaining (for now). Who is interviewed or conducts interviews doesn't mean a drat thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And not like just comic book movies, but the MCU/Infinity War/Endgame train rolling through. I'd be shocked if some angry incel nerds can really affect that. I'm sure Black Panther had its share of angry shits saying Marvel had gone too far. Even if its the worst MCU movie ever and Brie Larson calls for teh death of all white men people gonna see this because they're invested and its a thing we talk about and the train is rolling.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 22, 2019

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I think Fist of the North Star deserves another shot at a live action adaptation.

Hell, just take the 1986 animated movie plot and go with it. It'd be so good now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Freakazoid_ posted:

I think Fist of the North Star deserves another shot at a live action adaptation.

Hell, just take the 1986 animated movie plot and go with it. It'd be so good now.

Directed by Zack Snyder. Performance capture The Rock as Kenshiro.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

teagone posted:

Directed by Zack Snyder. Performance capture The Rock as Kenshiro.

The Rock would not make a good Kenshiro

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Burkion posted:

The Rock would not make a good Kenshiro

Says you.
https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/974512059151925250?s=19

I know he would be bad. That makes it great.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Freakazoid_ posted:

They'll never get a better cast than Melvin Van Peebles, Downtown Julie Brown, Chris Penn, Clint Howard, Big Van Vader and Malcolm McDowell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGAFy8eRu5g

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

wyoming posted:

I'm sorry but the only correct answer for 90s scifi is Johnny Mnemonic.

it's insane that johnny mnemonic, the net and hackers all came out in the same year

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i know youtube's algorithm is trash but still feel like i've done something terribly wrong to get this recommendation

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

i know youtube's algorithm is trash but still feel like i've done something terribly wrong to get this recommendation

Well don't watch it, because knowing Youtube it will either lead to pro-Nazi videos or 12-year-old girls trying on bikinis.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

R. Guyovich posted:

it's insane that johnny mnemonic, the net and hackers all came out in the same year

And don't you dare forget Virtuosity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV40w-OYo0A

The most online year.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They'll never get a better cast than Melvin Van Peebles, Downtown Julie Brown, Chris Penn, Clint Howard, Big Van Vader and Malcolm McDowell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGAFy8eRu5g

How dare you forget Costas Mandylor, star of the Saw franchise? He has the best hair in that movie. The best!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Captain Marvel is giving me Green Lantern vibes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

STAC Goat posted:

worst MCU movie ever [...] Brie Larson calls for teh death of all white men

i think this is what you call an oxymoron

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thinking about it, Street Fighter would be a decent idea for a cinematic universe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They actually tried that, they made a Chun Li movie starting Kristen Kreuk I think

Edit: With Neal McDonough as M Bison and Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog? gently caress, I actually want to watch this now

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tekken would make an amazing movie which is why it boggles my mind it has only had lovely ones.

Is till love the original Mortal Kombat. Good music, nice acting, some cool fights - what more could you want from a film?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They actually tried that, they made a Chun Li movie starting Kristen Kreuk I think

Edit: With Neal McDonough as M Bison and Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog? gently caress, I actually want to watch this now

Yeah but they need to do it and not look like an episode of Arrow.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

From everything I hear it's really, really garbage.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't think it was supposed to be a cinematic universe either.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The most fascinating thing about that movie is that they take Kristen Kreuk, who is legit half Asian, and make her looks white as *gently caress*

Which is doubly hilarious because they cast a Chinese little girl who has notably darker skin than her to play her child self, making the casting look all the worse.

Also the movie is boring trash and has lovely fighting

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I would like a Killer Instinct movie. Directed by Michael Bay with Mick Gordon on the music.

I think Glacius or Fulgore could carry their own franchise. Spinal his own Halloween special.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

My video game holy grail is for Neveldine/Taylor to reunite to do Doom right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Nintendo shared universe with Smash Bros. as the big crossover movie where a cosmic entity forces them all the fight before they team up to take it down (which is a comic book as hell premise, being the entire plot to 90% of all "heroes forced to fight" stories)