Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm not sure that's right, at least as I'm reading it. The splash attack doesn't trigger retaliate because it isn't attack, but this reading would also apply to attacks like Dirt Tornado (AoE from a targeted hex) and Explosive Punch (AoE from an adjacent obstacle), both of which would trigger retaliate if Rocky is adjacent to the target.
For any AoE Attack, it's still YOU making the attack. There's nothing at the center of a Dirt Tornado making any attacks, and the exploded rock isn't attacking anyone, itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Basically, if you perform an "Attack X" ability against a monster, and it survives and is in range, it will retaliate.

If a monster suffers damage from anything other than an Attack, it will not retaliate.

So for example, a monster hit by Dirt Tornado will retaliate if it's in range to do so, since you're hitting every target in the AOE with an Attack ability. On the other hand, monsters hit by the splash damage from Massive Boulder do not retaliate, since the splash is an effect of an Attack against a different target, so those monsters were not hit by an Attack themselves.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Alright guys, really hope I don't screw this up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm super late to this conversation, but Hounds are nasty. They're not super chunky at level 1, but Retaliate will really add up if you're trying to take them out in melee.

I agree with Mindthief getting the necklace, since both other characters have a head item.

This is fantastic time for Cragheart to set up Backup Ammo and then throw some boulders at dogs.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Phelddagrif posted:

Basically, if you perform an "Attack X" ability against a monster, and it survives and is in range, it will retaliate.

If a monster suffers damage from anything other than an Attack, it will not retaliate.

So for example, a monster hit by Dirt Tornado will retaliate if it's in range to do so, since you're hitting every target in the AOE with an Attack ability. On the other hand, monsters hit by the splash damage from Massive Boulder do not retaliate, since the splash is an effect of an Attack against a different target, so those monsters were not hit by an Attack themselves.

Yep, this is 100% correct. You can't just slim it down to "if you aren't adjacent to the monster it won't Retaliate" because there are actually monsters with ranged Retaliates. They are ... unpleasant to deal with. If you are within the range of a monster's Retaliate (default 1 if there isn't a range listed) after making an Attack against them and the monster didn't die, you're going to take however much true damage from their Retaliate. Do not subtract Shield value, apply directly to HP.

You generally want to outrange Retaliating enemies, but anyone can guess how likely dog-type enemies are to let you do that.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

If I understood correctly, if

1) you draw a modifier card against a target AND
2) you're within retaliation range (after pushes or pulls) AND
3) the target survives the attack

then retaliation damage happens. Did I miss some edge case or does that cover everything?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

If I understood correctly, if

1) you draw a modifier card against a target AND
2) you're within retaliation range (after pushes or pulls) AND
3) the target survives the attack

then retaliation damage happens. Did I miss some edge case or does that cover everything?
Except for Summons. Summons draw from your modifier deck, but eat the retaliate, themselves.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
DarthRoblox, Fat Samurai, I require cell F2, both of you in the corners, please. Going to gamble on the hounds drawing a move and attack.

e;My apologies, MarquiseMindfang, who has a most appropriate name for this setting! (but should be playing Splinter)

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 22, 2019

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
I'm fine with E3 - otherwise, I'm planning on going medium speed, softening up some hounds via shenanigans and setting up for future rounds.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Actually on second glance I need you adjacent to me, is that ok? Just one of you though, whichever will want to stay put.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Diamond Mine Round 1A

Deck Adjustments posted:

- Master Splinter: Withering Claw out, Hostile Takeover in.
- Rocky: Avalanche out, Explosive Punch in. Dirt Tornado out, Rock Tunnel in.
- Bullwinkle: Shield Bash out, Eye for an Eye in.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Ouch. The good news is that there is going to be a lot of Retaliation flying around. The bad news is that there is going to be a lot of biting too. Active Players let me know if you have any preference for the final hex for each monster who has multiple valid hexes to move to!

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Provoking Roar and Eye for an Eye.

10. Bullwinkle the Inox BruteCar Hater posted:

code:
"PROVOKING ROAR (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - DISARM
BOT: Round bonus Any enemy who targets one of your adjacent allies with an attack this round targets you with that attack instead, regardless of the attack's range."

"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"
Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 48 with Submissive Affliction and The Mind's Weakness.

48. Master Splinter the Vermling MindthiefDarthRoblox posted:

code:
"SUBMISSIVE AFFLICTION (48) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - Add +ATK1 for each negative condition on the target - XP1
BOT: Force one enemy within Range5 to perform ATK2 (Range0) targeting another enemy with you controlling the action."

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Rocky (Hand11, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 77 with Backup Ammunition and Earthen Clod.

77. Rocky the Savvas CragheartMarquiseMindfang posted:

code:
"BACKUP AMMUNITION (77) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 22, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
IIRC doggies are very fast, so that 19 was expected, but still hurts.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
If Bullwinkle moves to J2, he'll only take 3 hits, and Rocky and Master Splinter will take one each. Probably the best setup available so that Bullwinkle doesn't explode from damage. Spreading out the damage means everyone can take a long rest before they go into the next room and recover some of the damage/armor.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Piell posted:

If Bullwinkle moves to J2, he'll only take 3 hits, and Rocky and Master Splinter will take one each. Probably the best setup available so that Bullwinkle doesn't explode from damage. Spreading out the damage means everyone can take a long rest before they go into the next room and recover some of the damage/armor.

drat, I had wholly intended to facetank, had forgotten the +2 next to allies card. Might still be worth the gamble, would be funny to let the entire dungeon ride on our luck the first turn.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yikes that's their worst card. This is gonna suck :ohdear:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Welcome to Gloomhaven Doggos. Definitely not the players' best friends.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Zurai posted:

Welcome to Gloomhaven Doggos. Definitely not the players' best friends.

Well the players are breaking into their master's house uninvited. Good doggos all around.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Piell posted:

Bullwinkle should probably use boots and move to K2 instead. He'll still only get attacked by 3 enemies, but we can move dog 5 to H2 which will make the bite on Splinter not include the +2 and move dog 6 to D2 which will make the bite on Rocky not be at +2 as well.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Reik posted:

Bullwinkle should probably use boots and move to K2 instead. He'll still only get attacked by 3 enemies, but we can move dog 5 to H2 which will make the bite on Splinter not include the +2 and move dog 6 to D2 which will make the bite on Rocky not be at +2 as well.

Good point, I forgot about the boots.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Reik posted:

No, that won't work. If dog 5 moves to H2, then the spot where the Brute is currently standing will be open, so dog 6 will move there and attack the Mindthief for 4.

That said, I've checked a bunch of options, and that seems to be the safest play. The only difference would be moving Hound 5 to the Brute's current spot, so Hound 6 would have to attack the Cragheart (for 4).

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

No, that won't work. If dog 5 moves to H2, then the spot where the Brute is currently standing will be open, so dog 6 will move there and attack the Mindthief for 4.

That said, I've checked a bunch of options, and that seems to be the safest play. The only difference would be moving Hound 5 to the Brute's current spot, so Hound 6 would have to attack the Cragheart (for 4).

Wouldn't the position of dog 6 be up to the players to decide because both hex D2 and F2 require moving 3?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Car Hater posted:

drat, I had wholly intended to facetank, had forgotten the +2 next to allies card. Might still be worth the gamble, would be funny to let the entire dungeon ride on our luck the first turn.

I mean the more Retaliates you get in, the easier mopping up all the half-health doggos will be. Losing one card to damage isn't ideal, but this looks to be a short scenario, and I can bust some obstacles in the second room to get us within alpha striking range faster.

I'm perfectly alright with taking a hit, even a boosted one, if it helps out. Better me than the Mindthief. Think we're okay planning a rest before charging onwards anyway, so.

Regardless, my move is fairly obvious.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Phelddagrif posted:

With the Brute in K2, dog 2 focuses on the Mindthief. Move it to F2. Then dog 6 will focus Rocky and the Mindthief only takes one attack. I think this is Reik's point only with the wrong dog number.

It isn't a long scenario and the Brute has jump, so taking card loss isn't entirely out of the question. But the action card reshuffles: if the same card gets pulled next turn, how many hounds can you kill before init 17 rolls around again?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Narsham posted:

With the Brute in K2, dog 2 focuses on the Mindthief. Move it to F2. Then dog 6 will focus Rocky and the Mindthief only takes one attack. I think this is Reik's point only with the wrong dog number.

It isn't a long scenario and the Brute has jump, so taking card loss isn't entirely out of the question. But the action card reshuffles: if the same card gets pulled next turn, how many hounds can you kill before init 17 rolls around again?

Yes, I got dogs 2 and 5 mixed up. Dog 2 will focus Splinter and we can move it to H2 since D, F, and H2 are all 3 hexes away.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Tell me if I'm wrong about this, I might be.

If the Brute declines to activate Provoking, he'll take 2 > 4 > 4 > 4 as Elite moves to E2, #1 to G2, #2 to D2 (and he's faster initiative than me), and #5 to H2 (where he's again, faster than the Mindthief.) He can Retaliate each of those for 2. The damage is bad but he has ALL the mitigation.

I'll take 4 from #6, which is fine. And I'll give 2 HP back to the Brute.

If Brute than uses his potion and moves as fast as possible again, if he can move first, a Sweeping Blow could cleave three of the half-HP ones in one shot.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Tell me if I'm wrong about this, I might be.

If the Brute declines to activate Provoking, he'll take 2 > 4 > 4 > 4 as Elite moves to E2, #1 to G2, #2 to D2 (and he's faster initiative than me), and #5 to H2 (where he's again, faster than the Mindthief.) He can Retaliate each of those for 2. The damage is bad but he has ALL the mitigation.

I'll take 4 from #6, which is fine. And I'll give 2 HP back to the Brute.

If Brute than uses his potion and moves as fast as possible again, if he can move first, a Sweeping Blow could cleave three of the half-HP ones in one shot.

This was my initial general idea, and why I wanted to activate Provoking with only one of you next to me, in order to blow my shield items and gobble up ALL the doggo dps. I should have chosen Wall of Doom over Eye for an Eye for exactly this situation, but I wanted the reusable retaliate.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
drat, if I had known the hounds could be that nasty I would've front-loaded something a little quicker and more powerful. Quick question - do I have the necklace of teeth equipped or does that only happen after the scenario?
Even if I don't, 2 damage on me is fine especially if we're long-resting before moving on. I should be able to damage the hound that hits me and then do 2 damage to the elite + kill a hound by taking advantage of the elite retaliate. If I go fast next round, I should be able to kill 2 more.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

DarthRoblox posted:

drat, if I had known the hounds could be that nasty I would've front-loaded something a little quicker and more powerful. Quick question - do I have the necklace of teeth equipped or does that only happen after the scenario?
Even if I don't, 2 damage on me is fine especially if we're long-resting before moving on. I should be able to damage the hound that hits me and then do 2 damage to the elite + kill a hound by taking advantage of the elite retaliate. If I go fast next round, I should be able to kill 2 more.

You have the item equipped. You choose which items to equip after choosing Battle Goals and before picking cards for the Scenario...and since Master Splinter has no other Head slot item, there was no need to choose at all :)

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Query: How does Provoking Roar work in this situation? If I do not move, 4 hounds will reach me. The fifth would then target an adjacent ally, but the card compels it to target me instead, regardless of attack range. My read is that this last hound remains in place, forced to target me but unable to actually reach me to attack. I can pop both shielding items and discard as necessary.

e; or the hound moves to target said ally but is still forced to bark uselessly at me.

e2; Boots have become spent in the spreadsheet and I have not agreed to movement yet.

e3; I will 99% be using Hide Armor and Heather Shield this turn though

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 22, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

No worries, Boots are not Spent yet (the description only specifies if the item is Spent or Lost on use); when they become spent, they'll be color coded accordingly (light red).

Also, if you activate Provoking Roar and it gets triggered, you become a target for the attack (aka: you can be hit by a monster that is attacking one of your adjacent allies no matter the Range)!

Edit: also, just to clear, they'll be able to attack you, but you won't be able to retaliate unless they are also adjacent to you!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 22, 2019

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Ah well gently caress. Should have used Warding Strength

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

The main idea behind Provoking Roar bottom is to protect more vulnerable allies that are acting faster than you, I guess; it is difficult to make it work perfectly; that said one of the good thing about GH is that you get cards that are flexible enough to allow you to improvise once your first plan goes wrong :)

Edit: to better explain why that cards work the way it does: if you are targeted by an attack you suffer it's consequences; it's the reason being invisible protects you from any attack - even if you're inside the template of an area of effect one - because while you're invisible you cannot be targeted by any enemy.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 22, 2019

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

That Italian Guy posted:

The main idea behind Provoking Roar bottom is to protect more vulnerable allies that are acting faster than you, I guess; it is difficult to make it work perfectly; that said one of the good thing about GH is that you get cards that are flexible enough to allow you to improvise once your first plan goes wrong :)

Edit: to better explain why that cards work the way it does: if you are targeted by an attack you suffer it's consequences; it's the reason being invisible protects you from any attack - even if you're inside the template of an area of effect one - because while you're invisible you cannot be targeted by any enemy.

Hmmm, I guess my group has been reading target as two components, Focus and Attack. Just because an enemy focuses you does not mean it necessarily can attack. The rest of the internet agrees with you though, and nothing from Isaac so let's roll with it, I think I'm just gonna vibrate in place and retaliate this round then.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Car Hater posted:

Hmmm, I guess my group has been reading target as two components, Focus and Attack. Just because an enemy focuses you does not mean it necessarily can attack. The rest of the internet agrees with you though, and nothing from Isaac so let's roll with it, I think I'm just gonna vibrate in place and retaliate this round then.

I think the confusion stems from the difference between being the Focus for a monster, and being a Target for one of its attacks. In fact, while most of the time you become Focused by a monster you then become the Target for one of it's attacks as well, the 2 things are not intrinsically related. For example a monster can Focus one of your allies, then target both of you (if they have the "Target N" ability, like living bones do); or they can Focus one of your allies, and target everyone in an AoE attack.

Note that the word "Target" has a very specific connotations in Gloomhaven and it is always associated with an attack (IE: if someone is using an Healing ability, it'll read "Range N" or "Affects X"; you cannot "Target" someone with an Heal2 effect, because that is not an Attack - and you can only "target" someone with the effects of an attack. For the same reason you can't use the top of the level2 Cragheart card that we didn't pick to heal someone unless you are able to target an enemy with the attack portion of it - cause it's an Attack, and it needs a target.

Provoking Roar (bot) reads Any enemy who targets one of your adjacent allies with an attack this round targets you with that attack instead, regardless of the attack's range. That monster is still Focusing your ally; but when it comes to attack, it targets you instead (AKA: you are the one suffering the effects of the attack) even if you would normally be out of range.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Reik posted:

Wouldn't the position of dog 6 be up to the players to decide because both hex D2 and F2 require moving 3?

Sorry, got pulled away due to work, and it looks like the discussion has moved on to a different plan, but I wanted to reply to this, as it's a commonly misunderstood part of monster focus.

If the spot where the Brute is currently standing is empty on hound 6's turn, and the Brute is farther away/surrounded by hounds, then hound 6 will focus the Mindthief:

Least movement to make an attack? 3 (the hexes in front of Crag/MT)

Distance from the targets? 4 for both.

Fastest initiative? Mindthief

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Just let me take the last hit, don't activate Voke. I'm a big boy. Better to split it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Phelddagrif posted:

Sorry, got pulled away due to work, and it looks like the discussion has moved on to a different plan, but I wanted to reply to this, as it's a commonly misunderstood part of monster focus.

If the spot where the Brute is currently standing is empty on hound 6's turn, and the Brute is farther away/surrounded by hounds, then hound 6 will focus the Mindthief:

Least movement to make an attack? 3 (the hexes in front of Crag/MT)

Distance from the targets? 4 for both.

Fastest initiative? Mindthief

I see, unless we make dog 2 move to F2 then dog 6 will also focus the mindthief. I guess it's better to have the mindthief take an attack 2 and not risk going straight to 0 and having cragheart get hit with an attack 4 by dog 6.

Reik fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 23, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Diamond Mine Round 1B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

10. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Car Hater) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (bot)! Round Bonus: RETALIATE2, Self. Gain 1XP each time you Retaliate this round.
- Bullwinkle uses Provoking Roar (top)! No action taken!

Provoking Roar (bot) has not been activated, to try and spread the damage around a bit. A lot of teeth in Bullwinkle's future!

19. Hound 3(E), 1, 2, 5, 6 posted:

- Hound 3(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to E2. Attacks Bullwinkle for 1 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage. Bullwinkle RETALIATES2! Gains 1XP.
Hide Armor first charge used
Hound 3(E) is at 4 HP
Bullwinkle is at 11 HP
- Hound 1 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 2 to G2. Attacks Bullwinkle for 4 (2base, +2'mod +2bonus, SHIELD2) damage. Bullwinkle RETALIATES2! Gains 1XP.
Hide Armor second charge used, SPENT. Heather Shield SPENT.
Bullwinkle is at 7 HP
Hound 1is at 2 HP
- Hound 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 3 to D2. Attacks Bullwinkle for 3 (2base, -1mod +2bonus) damage. Bullwinkle RETALIATES2! Gains 1XP.
Hound 2is at 2 HP
Bullwinkle is at 4 HP
- Hound 5 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 3 to H2. Attacks Bullwinkle for 4 (2base, x2mod(Iron Helmet turns it into +0) +2bonus) damage. Bullwinkle RETALIATES2! Gains 1XP. Bullwinkle has to lose a card to prevent lethal damage!
Hound 5is at 2 HP
Bullwinkle is at 4 HP
- Hound 6 focuses Rocky! Moves 4 to C3. Attacks Rocky for 3 (2base, -1mod +2bonus) damage.
Rockyis at 9 HP

:dogout:
That sure was a ton of dogs! This is one of the worst card (if not the worst) in the Hounds' deck...but of course it's going to get shuffled back again at the end of the Round, since it has the "Recycle" symbol in the bottom right. Car Hater please let me know which card you want to lose from your hand (unless you want to lose 2 from your discard pile) to prevent lethal damage on the last attack!

48. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Persistent Bonus active: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played). Attacks Hound 5 for 4 (1base, +1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Hound 5 is killed!
- Master Splinter uses Submissive Affliction (bot)! Forces Hound 1 to ATK2 Hound 3(E)! Hound 1 attacks Hound 3(E) for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage. Hound 3(E) RETALIATES2!
Hound 3(E) is at 2 HP
Hound 1 is killed!

Good usage of Master Splinter's ::psyboom: powers! Having enemies attack other enemies with RETALIATE is an effective tactic, especially against enemies with low HP and/or SHIELD (since RETALIATE is not Attack damage it is not blocked by SHIELD).

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Rocky uses Backup Ammunition (top)! Persistent Bonus active: on your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger, then LOSS.
- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (bot)! HEAL2 Bullwinkle.
Bullwinkle is at 6 HP

Rocky is embracing the Inox Shaman's philosophy of no violence...for now.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- None!

All things considered, this could have gone way worse! The doggos have tasted their own medicine (in more than one way) and they didn't really like it.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 8, 2019

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I'm gonna drop Balanced Measures and also use the stamina potion, I feel like the 4 xp was worth the lost card. I will likely clear the two hounds next to me at decent speed, do the two of you want to head for the door? I will make Earth for Rocky so you should be able to splat dog 6 somehow.

or punt him I guess

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Why would you stamina potion a single card?