Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jose posted:

Lol that's a good meal compared to some of the pictures you see online

I was thinking exactly this. the waffle, nutritionally empty as it might be, makes it way better than I'd expect from an American school lunch.

That being said, you can practically see the Tyson lobbyist that put those chicken pieces on the menu there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
"Chicken"

It's cool how someone sat down and thought "How can we take this high-protein, low-calorie, low-fat meat and make it loving poison"

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
MilLeNniAlS aRe KiLliNg ThE PrOceSseD pOiSOn iNdUStrY!!1

-"meat" lobbyist, probably

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Check out Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. He goes to some lovely small town where everyone is dying from eating like poo poo and not moving and tries to get the schools to switch from pizzas for breakfast and nuggets and fries for lunch. It goes about as well as you'd expect in 'murica: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgmk323H6k

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
'nother chud done got punched

https://youtu.be/q8FNSteHUeo

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

wtf is even going on here

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

she's defending this even though it was so bad she had to pin a tweet explaining she wasnt just insulting the next generation of voters. I assume she thinks she is gonna be gone before 2 terms...because if i am assuming correctly...those kids will be of voting age in 6 years or 1 1/2 terms?

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

the beatings will continue until reading skills improve

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MiChELlE ObAmA wAnTs To TaKe YoUr ChIcKeN NuGgEtS!

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

MiChELlE ObAmA wAnTs To TaKe YoUr ChIcKeN NuGgEtS!

I was gonna say did we forget the whole attempt by michelle obama to at least get fruits and vegetables added to meals and portions changed so they could have pizza every day but it would be smaller/healthier.

the parents complained the schools would be starving the kids...keep in mind a lot of those schools have sold the lunch menu to someone for profit if the school itself isnt charging for meals.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
states should not be in charge of youth nutrition.

Feinstein patronizing kids who want to not suffer in the future.
I’m just flabbergasted. where are my lols fam?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's almost as if running every possible aspect of society for maximum profits is... bad? :thunk:

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

you have to start early if you aspire to one day have the eating habits and sheer mass of the president of the usa

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Without proper context, I cannot be satisfied

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/srl/status/1099056713825570818
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1099292798728237056

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

runupon cracker posted:

Without proper context, I cannot be satisfied

UC Berkely conservative leadership student chud gets punched in the face because.

I personally am content with that, seeing as how all the facts are present:

Conservative "leader" chud donates face for punching research.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Why is he talking to that guy that does lovely pizza reviews on the street?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

mobby_6kl posted:

Check out Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. He goes to some lovely small town where everyone is dying from eating like poo poo and not moving and tries to get the schools to switch from pizzas for breakfast and nuggets and fries for lunch. It goes about as well as you'd expect in 'murica: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgmk323H6k

I remember one bit in that (or a similar series) where he suggested that maybe the kids should be allowed to use real knives and forks instead of just being served food that they had to pick up with their hands.
The lady who ran the kitchen was utterly horrified and demanded written evidence that children in Britain were allowed to use metal knives in school.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Heck, we had to bring our own lunch at my school. This thread is full of freeloaders

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Stoatbringer posted:

I remember one bit in that (or a similar series) where he suggested that maybe the kids should be allowed to use real knives and forks instead of just being served food that they had to pick up with their hands.
The lady who ran the kitchen was utterly horrified and demanded written evidence that children in Britain were allowed to use metal knives in school.

Knife is a strong word when they're roughly as sharp as a spoon. That's why we bring in our own knives to school.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanHannable/status/1099024431735816192

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tip posted:

Even as a six year old I knew the food at my school was terrible.

They once served us some sort of failed Hot Pockets experiment. It was in a plastic sleeve, like a 7-11 microwave burrito, but printed all over with Hot Pockets poo poo. It was kinda soggy instead of crisp, and it was filled with nacho cheese and hot dog pieces.

I’d eat that

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sorry to continue the school food derail but you also have to consider that American kids pallettes aren't exactly prepared for stuff curry and miso soup. It's still an indictment of sorts but if they have to choose one meal (because they can't even afford alternate options) they have to make it as universally appealing as possible, therefore chicken nuggets and potato smileys or waffles. If you serve anything even remotely adventurous you run the risk of kids not eating at all because they don't like it. It was bleak two decades ago when I was in elementary school, I can't even imagine how much worse it's gotten since then.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

2016: Hillary telling a young black woman that if she doesn't like Hillary's racist bullshit she should run

2019: Feinstein telling kids straight up "gently caress you I'm in charge"

Rich white women are loving cancer.

To be fair, Feinstein's always been a oval office.

She's in her mid 80's now, she should be getting to know her grandkids or such.

Much in the way Hitlary should be to.

Apologies if that's making a judgement call here. But it's time.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

If water and gruel was good enough for my great-great-grandfather, it's good enough for you lazy kids!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Killer_B posted:

probe this trump loving misogynist

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
“In any time that he could accurately remember, there had not been quite enough to eat……bread dark-colored, tea a rarity, coffee filthy-tasting, cigarettes insufficient- nothing cheap and plentiful except synthetic gin“

“Winston and Syme pushed their trays beneth the grille. Onto each was dumped swiftly the regulation lunch-a meal pannikin of pinkish-grey stew, a hink of bread, a cube of cheese, a mug of Victory coffee and one tablet of saccharine.”

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Killer_B posted:

We need to grind her bones in to dust and than destory her phylacatery so she will stop coming back and haunting us

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1099341141152055296?s=19

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Oh my god I just watched the Feinstein video. What a loving ghoul.

"Well, children, technically you didn't vote for me, so gently caress off"

I know there's a full video that's a bit more positive, but the old fossil needs to just die.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 23, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Great new picture book from Donald Trump called "Donald Trump is Great"! Has you favorite President ME, Donald Trump!

frh
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/EllenKurz/status/1098938522889842689?s=19

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Tip posted:

Even as a six year old I knew the food at my school was terrible.

They once served us some sort of failed Hot Pockets experiment. It was in a plastic sleeve, like a 7-11 microwave burrito, but printed all over with Hot Pockets poo poo. It was kinda soggy instead of crisp, and it was filled with nacho cheese and hot dog pieces.

Reminder that conservatives were literally angry because Mooch-Elle Obama's pet policy was she wanted kids to have healthier school lunches. They were legitimately loving enraged by it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

Sorry to continue the school food derail but you also have to consider that American kids pallettes aren't exactly prepared for stuff curry and miso soup. It's still an indictment of sorts but if they have to choose one meal (because they can't even afford alternate options) they have to make it as universally appealing as possible, therefore chicken nuggets and potato smileys or waffles. If you serve anything even remotely adventurous you run the risk of kids not eating at all because they don't like it. It was bleak two decades ago when I was in elementary school, I can't even imagine how much worse it's gotten since then.

What's the purpose of school if not teaching children about stuff (like eating vegetables)?

American kids aren't so different than European kids. Sure if you ask kids in Europe what they want to eat they'll tell you chicken and fries. But hey, surprise, you don't get to decide what you eat when you are a kid!

We both know why that food tray is so dire and the answer is "privatizing"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Stoatbringer posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's this series.

Also check out the Japanese lunches posted above. The kids have chopsticks. You know, that children could poke in someone's eye :supaburn:

explosivo posted:

Sure, but nobody expects schools to serve kids fried chicken feet or sheep brain, curries and miso soup are typical Japanese stuff so presumably the american version would be something culturally acceptable. I don't remember what Jamie tried to make but you could just do like rice and baked chicken or something as unoffensive as that.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

What's the purpose of school if not teaching children about stuff (like eating vegetables)?

American kids aren't so different than European kids. Sure if you ask kids in Europe what they want to eat they'll tell you chicken and fries. But hey, surprise, you don't get to decide what you eat when you are a kid!

We both know why that food tray is so dire and the answer is "privatizing"
I don't know what the school lunches here are like nowadays but you'll often find kid's menu in restaurants and it's absolutely stuff like nuggets and fried cheese and what not.

And I kind of doubt privatizing is the problem. First in Jamie's school that seemed like an in-house operation, but even if not, you can have the vendors cook whatever the hell you ask for. We have catered events for customers and the food is very good, it just takes someone who gives a poo poo (and has the budget) to be making the decisions.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 23, 2019

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I like it when he plugs books, as if he reads. As if his base reads.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Would love to hear Trump attempt to summarize this book.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Monopthalmus posted:

All he sees is the title

Someone could probably make a book about how Trump is the worst president ever but call it "The Big Book of Why Trump is Great" and Trump would promote it

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Monopthalmus posted:

NO COLLUSSIONN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's this series.

Also check out the Japanese lunches posted above. The kids have chopsticks. You know, that children could poke in someone's eye :supaburn:

Sure, but nobody expects schools to serve kids fried chicken feet or sheep brain, curries and miso soup are typical Japanese stuff so presumably the american version would be something culturally acceptable. I don't remember what Jamie tried to make but you could just do like rice and baked chicken or something as unoffensive as that.

I don't know what the school lunches here are like nowadays but you'll often find kid's menu in restaurants and it's absolutely stuff like nuggets and fried cheese and what not.

And I kind of doubt privatizing is the problem. First in Jamie's school that seemed like an in-house operation, but even if not, you can have the vendors cook whatever the hell you ask for. We have catered events for customers and the food is very good, it just takes someone who gives a poo poo (and has the budget) to be making the decisions.

It's totally different a caterer cooking for your customers, family or employees, and an industrial company promising the cheapest meals possible for poor children the county gives no poo poo about.

And yes I know chicken and fries is on the kids menu in restaurants but:

-It's usually not the cheapest frozen industrial stuff served there
-You don't expect kids to eat the same thing every day.
-As mentioned above they could totally serve basic stuff like rice and baked chicken and kids would eat it.

But the industry wants schools to consume their cheap frozen poo poo so they can pocket the difference