Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

afkmacro posted:

Looking at a public cheating forum that's been around forever, it's actually pretty loving concerning what they've come up with so far. Besides the infinite flying and stuff like that, some dudes have discovered how to close ALL lobbies which is what the outage from Friday was about, to pull people out of lobbies, add players to lobbies, sending messages to any lobbies https://clips.twitch.tv/FairBenevolentPepperoniRickroll

My biggest worry about this game is it turning into Crysis 2 multiplayer where literally every match was ruined by cheaters and they never did anything about it.

They need to add 2factor/credit card authentication as a requirement to play so the bans actually do something otherwise they are back in the game five mins later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

keyframe posted:

They need to add 2factor/credit card authentication as a requirement to play so the bans actually do something otherwise they are back in the game five mins later.

I feel like the latter would hit the playerbase pretty hard.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Songbearer posted:

What did your teammates actually do?

I mean I'm no Games Wizard and sometimes I struggle to land a kill but to do no damage at all as a DPS character and a fraction of a hit as a tracker who can see enemies with predator vision is beyond me

If I solo queue half of the time we're down to 2 players by the time we hit the ground.

The third guy rage quits when he doesn't get his character or we drop somewhere he didn't want to.

I spammed some Apex yesterday and I think I only had 2-3 games out of 20 where we had a full team the entire time. People are constantly crashing or rage quitting over stupid poo poo.

Steve2911 posted:

I feel like the latter would hit the playerbase pretty hard.

Combine unverified players with the rage quitters and constant crashers in their own shithole of a queue.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Xae posted:

If I solo queue half of the time we're down to 2 players by the time we hit the ground.

The third guy rage quits when he doesn't get his character or we drop somewhere he didn't want to.

I spammed some Apex yesterday and I think I only had 2-3 games out of 20 where we had a full team the entire time. People are constantly crashing or rage quitting over stupid poo poo.

A lot of people leave if they see it's not a full squad too, so you get quite a few people running around solo.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Songbearer posted:

What did your teammates actually do?

I mean I'm no Games Wizard and sometimes I struggle to land a kill but to do no damage at all as a DPS character and a fraction of a hit as a tracker who can see enemies with predator vision is beyond me

Technically aren’t they all DPS characters?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

If they do any sort of hardware fingerprinting it shouldn’t be too hard to keep 99% of the repeat offenders out.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

cliffdiver posted:

I mean yeah but I figured the colloquialism for "character designed around doing aggressive fighting more betterer than most others" would probably hold its own

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Every time i soloqueue and accidentally select a lovely character and drop in some shithole with no loot because that's where my idiot team mates decided to drop... I end up winning.

Solo queue is surprisingly good

FEXO
Oct 25, 2001

Chard posted:

you have a 1/x chance that one of your three drops from each of your 45 total crates will be crafting metals, you will never save enough for the coolest skins without buying crates with $$$

I guess I've gotten really lucky with my drops because I've gotten 600 twice and 200 once. It was Legendary and Epic crafting metals if I remember right.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.
Wooo just got my first win with 2 kills. And 191 damage. But I was on a team that carried me and got me a win!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Every time i soloqueue and accidentally select a lovely character and drop in some shithole with no loot because that's where my idiot team mates decided to drop... I end up winning.

Solo queue is surprisingly good

I just had a hilarious solo queue win with 0 kills and 150 damage, one other guy had 0 kills and 200 damage, and our MVP had 7 kills and 500 damage.

We came across a squad healing up after a win and our dude massacred the as they were rezzing/healing. Then that happened again. And then we were in the top 3, and the other two got into a bloodbath on the loot ship... and he killed the last guy as they were rezzing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

cliffdiver posted:

They're broken up into recon (Bloodhound), support (Lifeline, Pathfinder), defensive (Gibraltar, Caustic), and offensive (Wraith, Bangalore, Mirage). You can tell based on the symbols on their portraits:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Panthrax posted:

I also have a really bad crashing problem. In fact today, I loaded into the training area 3 times and crashed all three, and then played 2 more regular games and crashed both of those. At least on my system, I think I've found that if I make the resolution 1280x720 full screen it seems to stop the crashes. I think I've played about half my games at this resolution and I don't recall a single crash, while at 1920x1080 I'll get constant crashes. It sucks not being able to alt-tab to browse the web while waiting for games to load or whatever, but it's better than constant crashes.

Caveat: I have an i5 4570 and a Radeon R9 200 series vid card, so this may not necessarily be the issue with everyone else's crashes.

A friend of mine crashes almost every game and he has an R9 200 series and a similar i5. I've had him try tons of random fixes with no luck but changing the resolution I'm fairly sure isn't something he's tried yet, so I'll have him try that and see if it helps.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

loving gold gear is so bugged. Yesterday i had the Mastiff reload bug, and now the executioner armor failed to recharge on two finishers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4u9jtsB7eI

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Relentless posted:

Respawns give XP?

I meant what's the point of just flying around the entire match

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Elysiume posted:

They're broken up into recon (Bloodhound), support (Lifeline, Pathfinder), defensive (Gibraltar, Caustic), and offensive (Wraith, Bangalore, Mirage). You can tell based on the symbols on their portraits:

I wouldn’t read into this too much. I mean, you’re telling me the “forward scout” is support, not recon?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

QuasiQuack posted:

I meant what's the point of just flying around the entire match

Meming

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

FEXO posted:

I guess I've gotten really lucky with my drops because I've gotten 600 twice and 200 once. It was Legendary and Epic crafting metals if I remember right.

Huh, did not know they went that high, I've only ever gotten 15s and 30s. Still, some of that stuff costs like 1.5k so the odds are not in favor of unlocking that way.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Chard posted:

Huh, did not know they went that high, I've only ever gotten 15s and 30s. Still, some of that stuff costs like 1.5k so the odds are not in favor of unlocking that way.

Reddit was saying it follows Overwatch rules, where once you finally clear out a category, like Common Emotes, all Common Emotes turn into crafting shards. So it starts of slow and later on you are just drowning in them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Will the Crafting Metal acquisition rate increase for me (level 15 or so right now) or will I have to spend money to realistically get the coolest cosmetics?

crafting metal is there so they can pretend it's not gambling, that's all

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

keyframe posted:

My biggest worry about this game is it turning into Crysis 2 multiplayer where literally every match was ruined by cheaters and they never did anything about it.

gently caress looking as far back as Crysis 2, EA has abandoned all of it's recent games like Battlefront 2 and battlefield 5 to cheaters. They openly delete posts about cheaters. The on ly hope this game has is if respawn are in control and actually give a poo poo, otherwise lol

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I wouldn’t read into this too much. I mean, you’re telling me the “forward scout” is support, not recon?
I'm not reading into it other than assuming that if someone talks about a DPS character they mean one of the offensive characters. In a game where everyone gets the same guns, everyone is a damage dealer.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Had our jumpmaster clip me and the other guy into the side of the map last night. Neat!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Elysiume posted:

I'm not reading into it other than assuming that if someone talks about a DPS character they mean one of the offensive characters. In a game where everyone gets the same guns, everyone is a damage dealer.

yeah it's worth pointing this out when folks come to apex from games like overwatch or RPGs where "sure, technically Mercy CAN do damage, but your job is to heal" or whatever -or if they expect a team 'needs balance' pick the characters that have abilities that compliment your playstyle, but in general you win in apex by pushing advantages and aggressive fighting
everyone should be healing themselves, but a lifeline is good for helping folks stock up
although I've found I've overtrained my friends to be aggressive now, and sometimes have trouble pulling them back to high ground or safer positions in the ring when someone is fleeing. But hey it's easy to tunnel or really wanna secure that kill.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

This can happen if someone opens a door you are using as a ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwrHLiQGtdE

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

burexas.irom posted:

loving gold gear is so bugged. Yesterday i had the Mastiff reload bug, and now the executioner armor failed to recharge on two finishers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4u9jtsB7eI

Aaand it's not actually bugged, I just realized I got lasered immediately after the 1st finisher and then didn't actually finish the second because someone took out the last of their team so they insta-d.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

burexas.irom posted:

Aaand it's not actually bugged, I just realized I got lasered immediately after the 1st finisher and then didn't actually finish the second because someone took out the last of their team so they insta-d.

You can just shoot them and then go charge your shields in actual cover instead.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

You can just shoot them and then go charge your shields in actual cover instead.

I don't have over 300 confirmed kills like you

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the class thing is dumb and was dumb in ow.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

This happened to me the other day. I somehow crawled out of the storm to get in 2nd place with my team.

https://youtu.be/bsjZa-f80o8

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Are air strikes supposed to hit when you're inside a building?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Classes are actually cool and good and I enjoy having class based shooters.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Class based shooters are very good and fun, but I'm glad they don't lean too hard into the classes in Apex 'cause I think it wouldn't fit as well in a BR game. Just a light smattering of abilities like this, but with the shooting being the same across the board, is perfect.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bumper Stickup posted:

Classes are actually cool and good and I enjoy having class based shooters.

i meant assigning the characters "classes". the characters in overwatch play very differently and they misclassified a number of characters.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

yeah i'm fine with the classes being entirely pointless; you can do well with any combination of heroes even if some have better synergy than others

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

i meant assigning the characters "classes". the characters in overwatch play very differently and they misclassified a number of characters.

My bad. I agree on that yeah.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I think it's kind of good for at-a-glance getting what a character does if you're new, but yeah the symbols don't really mean too much except that people won't choose Bloodhound initially because who wants to track until they discover just how loving cool they are, Beast of the Hunt is amazing and makes me want to suicide charge every team with my predator vision. The way I see it is that it's less of a "Here is your strict role within your team" and more of a "Here is how you should use this character for when you do engage in combat".

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

burexas.irom posted:

I don't have over 300 confirmed kills like you

Is 300 supposed to be high?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Groovelord Neato posted:

How is it dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

the g7 scout is poo poo and the hemlock too