Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

DEPRESSIVE SUICIDAL BLACK METAL a nice way for the fascists who do not wish to learn their instrument enough to play amon amarth knock-off riffs over a drummachine and call it black metal, so they do that to get all the fascist pussy anyway, without actually playing music tia.

i can't really think of many dsbm projects that are also nsbm to be perfectly honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Lords of Chaos is a good metal movie

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

A human heart posted:

i can't really think of many dsbm projects that are also nsbm to be perfectly honest

Abyssic Hate is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, although I'm sure there are others

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

We Know Catheters posted:

Lords of Chaos is a good metal movie

Heavy Trip is better.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

Does Peste Noire count as one or the other?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Not really. Maybe NS (though mere “racist rear end in a top hat” seems more accurate) but you can hardly accuse Famine of being depressive

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

KozmoNaut posted:

Heavy Trip is better.

Heavy Metal Parking Lot wants a word with both of you.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I just remember La sanie des siecles being the first album I ever listened to with the DSBM tag, but it could've been a misnomer. I'm not well-versed in black metal subgenres.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I listen to a fair bit of DSBM and ya like Wachter said the only one I can think of that's explicitely NS is Abyssic Hate's first LP

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
Slave to the Grind was also an enjoyable movie about metal.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Metalhead is a good movie tangibly related to metal

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Deathgasm

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

skasion posted:

Deathgasm

This is definitely worth seeing

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Airheads is for sure the best metal-related movie

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pretty sure they are nazis

kumba posted:

Airheads is for sure the best metal-related movie

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah, pre-hanging out with M8l8th all the time KPN were just extreme French nationalists, now they've crossed over to full nazis.

Fake edit: Crap, Nazi talk is happening again and I'm actively participating in it

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Nazzadan posted:

Fake edit: Crap, Nazi talk is happening again and I'm actively participating in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzoebhQ7hjQ

szary
Mar 12, 2014
The new Moth Gatherer album is really good, thanks to whoever mentioned that ITT. The new Candlemass is kinda meh, maybe it'll grow on me with repeated listens.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

WWKWD?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Probably have a pint.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
aged like poo poo

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwcdSIp7nW8

They've got a real "crack" motif going on.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BOLT THROWER

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TeamJesus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwcdSIp7nW8

They've got a real "crack" motif going on.

choking victim did this gimmick better

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Further proof that Karl is fuckin' awesome.

Post cool death metal dudes and the karlest pics u got

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

still the most badass photo I’ve ever seen

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've had that as my phone wallpaper for ages, it's probably my favorite band photo ever.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
if this isn't ur background image ur doing it wroing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
http://www.metalsucks.net/2019/02/21/super-duper-serious-black-metal-band-teratism-refuses-to-play-with-joke-band-neckbeard-deathcamp/

so Teratism refuses to play at a fest that Neckbeard Deathcamp are playing

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

they're fascists sure but not really similar to dsbm at all as far as i can tell.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I was googling for stuff about the new Pissgrave album and I'm a little taken aback that quite a few death metal fans think their name and album art is "too far". Like I get that people would have a problem with a band like Wiegedood, but are Pissgrave really shocking anyone post facto, say, the lyrics of 90s entry level death metal band Cannibal Corpse? :shrug:

In very related news, Sentient Ruin just put out an album by a band by the edgelordly name of Miscarriage, which sounds a bit like Pissgrave playing doom-death. Way overlong at 60 minutes but worth a listen because it's so hilariously OTT in that Sentient Ruin way

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wachter posted:

I was googling for stuff about the new Pissgrave album and I'm a little taken aback that quite a few death metal fans think their name and album art is "too far". Like I get that people would have a problem with a band like Wiegedood, but are Pissgrave really shocking anyone post facto, say, the lyrics of 90s entry level death metal band Cannibal Corpse? :shrug:

In very related news, Sentient Ruin just put out an album by a band by the edgelordly name of Miscarriage, which sounds a bit like Pissgrave playing doom-death. Way overlong at 60 minutes but worth a listen because it's so hilariously OTT in that Sentient Ruin way

wait what's wrong with weigedood?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spanish Manlove posted:

wait what's wrong with weigedood?

No idea but it always looks like “we did good” or maybe “squeegee dude”

And Pissgrave is fine

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It's Dutch for cot death/SIDS

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Wachter posted:

Last Days Of Humanity have been at this far longer than Pissgrave have.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wachter posted:

wait really? loving holy poo poo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wachter posted:

Somewhat tasteless but not so crazy in the grand scheme of metal names

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Last Days Of Humanity have been at this far longer than Pissgrave have.

Exactly the band I had in mind when I saw the cover for Suicide Euphoria. I remember buying The Sound of Rancid Juices Sloshing Around Your Coffin on a whim because it stood out like a sore thumb in my local shitball record shop. Me and my then-mostly-nu-metal-listening friends listened to it on the drive home and nearly crashed the car because we were laughing so much. I think it was the first time they'd ever heard goregrind and couldn't handle the fart vocals.

Fake edit: haha LDoH aren't even on Metal Archives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Gross covers like the dumb new Pissgrave one are bad. Only Carcass is allowed to do that.