Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

corn in the bible posted:

but the metal cage is great

landing on it is great b/c then people have to come to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Honestly I rarely see people drop Thunderdome unless it's really close to the path

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I got my last win at that metal cage because the second place team thought they could camp there with G7 Scouts and be untouchable. They were wrong.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The suspended cage at thunderdome is really fun to lock down with caustic. It's hard to get an angle to shoot it from below without going up and triggering it and you can cover basically the entire cage with gas.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Whoa, I clicked the link and the guy is live now. First thing I see is him winning a match.

Time to cross off the excuse that I'm not as fast as I once was in my FPS prime.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017
I’m watching Shroud play as Mirage and holy poo poo he’s been using his ult the way a goon mentioned earlier to great effect 10/10 times, when you push a squad, activate Mirage’s ult and sneak behind the enemy while your teammates push the front, giving you great positioning to mow your enemies down.

The decoys are irrelevant.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

10 Beers posted:

Holy poo poo, I hope they do something to get rid of or remove access to that suspended metal cage in Thunderdome.

I hope they don't because it's fun

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
If this game wasn't so fun the sheer amount of crashes would kill it for me.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I won a game without being carried!

Our 3rd pubbie dropped before we could Rez him so me and a Mirage won Artillery and started cleaning up the map. Fought two squads at Cascades and then all of a sudden it was down to the last two squads.

I spotted them first and opened up with the Spitfire, but they had managed to sandwich us. I downed one but my squaddie also went down. The last two pincered me but I managed to hit every single Peacekeeper shot (purple barrel, precision choke) and downed their lifeline. Now my spitfire and peacekeeper are both out of ammo.

Me versus Bangalore, we are both down to 10/20 HP. She pops smoke everywhere and moves out to flank/heal. I decide to use my lifeline ability to Rez my buddy. Bangalore runs back in and pops my squaddie instead of me, and I finish her off with the Peacekeeper.

7 kills, 1200 damage. The pubbie complimented me and then immediately called our 3rd guy who had quit 10 minutes ago a fag. Thanks pubbies, thanks.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
All it took to get people to play Titanfall 2 was creating an entirely new battle royale game that only marginally links into the universe. 5am and I'm seeing 2k people playing which is amazingly healthy for Titanfall 2 :unsmith:

Also I hope they never nerf the Spitfire, it's my perfect baby and I'll cry

In fact can we just take a moment to marvel at how solid the weapon balance is, I have never considered getting murdered by any gun bullshit in this game and even the sniper rifles don't ruin the game which 99% of FPSes can't get right

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Songbearer posted:

In fact can we just take a moment to marvel at how solid the weapon balance is, I have never considered getting murdered by any gun bullshit in this game and even the sniper rifles don't ruin the game which 99% of FPSes can't get right

I'd argue the Wingman is slightly too good but mostly because it can get Skullpiercer and it doesnt need that boost in damage, It's fine without.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the wingman's pretty loving bullshit for people who can aim it

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
R-99 best girl

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
If you enjoy dropping quiet and looting for 10 mins or whatever, and think that that is making you a better player, more power to you for playing how you enjoy. With that said, in the end of the day all that matters is who can click on heads faster, and you’re not going to get better at that curating the perfect loadout all by your lonesome.

You’re going to get bad luck with drops, circle placement, third parties engagements, and if your gameplay is focused on looting and skirting engagements, you’re going to be poorly prepared in these scenarios.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the wingman is entirely reliant on getting a mag upgrade (which is weird come to think of it but whatever)

which is true for all light weapons to but whatev

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

Songbearer posted:

In fact can we just take a moment to marvel at how solid the weapon balance is

I don’t think the guns are balanced. The Wingman is obviously OP, SMGs and R301 are worthless without light extended mag, all the snipers are underwhelming except for the Triple Take.

I say buff the Longbow, allow players to dual wield pistols including the Mozzie, make the R301 and R99 have 30 ammo (maybe don’t let the R99 have extended mag), I say get rid of the Flatline.. just from the top of my head.

Also the gold Havoc should have a turbocharger, also I don’t like the sights on some of the gold weapons.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Wingman 45 -> 37 damage would add one bullet TTK for all except purple armor and would probably bring it nicely balanced

Mozzie needs triple the pellets or so

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
You can drop quiet and get better just fine as long as you're actively seeking out combat. Goons like to jerk off the idea of dropping hot every single time as the only possible way to improve, but even then you'll probably get in about the same number of fights. Battle royales are bad for training in general but Apex is fast paced enough that you can usually get 3 or 4 good fights in a 20 minute game no matter where you drop.

The key to getting better is seeking out fights to practice aiming which is simple enough and actively taking stock of what you're doing wrong in fights, figure out what you could have done differently to survive and practice doing that next time you're in a similar situation. Sometimes the answer to that question is just aiming better, but there's usually some poor tactical decision you made when you die that you can improve. You should still drop hot every once in a while just to practice hot drops, but it's not the only way to train.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

tweet my meat posted:

Pros and streamers like to suggest the idea of dropping hot every single time as one of many possible ways to improve

Fixed that for you.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If you don't enjoy dropping hot, then all you're going to accomplish is not having fun playing a video game, you can play aggressively on a quiet drop as long as you don't spend half the game looting

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

tweet my meat posted:

If you don't enjoy dropping hot, then all you're going to accomplish is not having fun playing a video game, you can play aggressively on a quiet drop as long as you don't spend half the game looting

Kind of depends where your quiet drop is though. If it's on the polar opposite end of the map from where the ship starts, you'll just never encounter 80% of the players who have landed and died before you even leave the ship, not to mention the number of players decreases exponentially the longer you stay on the ship. I've had teammates that drop this way and Im desperately looking for someone to kill

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Hahaha sure would be cool if this great game I want to play didn't just randomly crash three times a night hahaha.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah you do need to land in a spot that can get some good early action after you'regeared up, one that can catch people leaving a hotzone is especially good.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

the wingman is entirely reliant on getting a mag upgrade (which is weird come to think of it but whatever)

which is true for all light weapons to but whatev

If you're a good shot the wingman can reliably down someone in purple armour with 1 unupgraded mag.

Still, though, I'd say the Wingman is in a good position as a solid mid range gun that requires a lot of skill to use. I don't think it needs nerfing. The Peacekeeper, as much as I love it, is bullshit. 2 shotting people with max armour, it's a shotgun and thus very easy to aim at close range, and with the precision choke it's basically a railgun and works as a mid-range sniper. At everything but max range(which doesn't happen that often in this game and if it does you can generally just go for cover and make them come to you) it's the best weapon in the game, and it's common as hell.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LaserTrickShorty posted:

Fixed that for you.

Who the gently caress cares what streamers do

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
While we're all throwing out terrible balance ideas, make the wingman even more powerful and make if a supply drop gold weapon.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Some dude got real mad at me today in voice for pinging every Mozambique we ran past

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Verranicus posted:

Some dude got real mad at me today in voice for pinging every Mozambique we ran past

mozambique here

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Verranicus posted:

rude the proper response is to call dibs on them all

Ninjadeering
Jun 8, 2014

PneumonicBook posted:

Hahaha sure would be cool if this great game I want to play didn't just randomly crash three times a night hahaha.

you gotta update your graphics card drivers, that's what worked for me

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

Verranicus posted:

Who the gently caress cares what streamers do

I don’t care for the snappy attitude. Just saying.

A lot of pros are streamers. A lot of people, myself included, watch streamers. It’s fun to see pro players tear pubs and other pros apart playing my favorite video game. I trust the opinions of these pro players MUCH MORE than I trust anyone posting here. A lot of pro players make the suggestion to drop hot every game until your eyes bleed because it will help you get better a lot faster than slow playing will. I was just relaying that it’s not a goon suggestion, it’s a common suggestion from pro players.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LaserTrickShorty posted:

I don’t care for the snappy attitude. Just saying.

A lot of pros are streamers. A lot of people, myself included, watch streamers. It’s fun to see pro players tear pubs and other pros apart playing my favorite video game. I trust the opinions of these pro players MUCH MORE than I trust anyone posting here. A lot of pro players make the suggestion to drop hot every game until your eyes bleed because it will help you get better a lot faster than slow playing will. I was just relaying that it’s not a goon suggestion, it’s a common suggestion from pro players.

the average player shouldn't do 99% of what pros and streamers say if they want to actually have fun, streamers suck

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Add 1HK melee weapon.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Verranicus posted:

the average player shouldn't do 99% of what pros and streamers say if they want to actually have fun, streamers suck

Unfortunately for you, games have to be balanced at the high end not the low end, so your opinions are probably bad.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

PneumonicBook posted:

Ninjadeering posted:

you gotta update your graphics card drivers, that's what worked for me

Or downgrade, going to an older nvidia driver fixed my friends crashing issues.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I like that so many complaints about the game are how the guns both can't kill anything and how fast they die to the guns, usually in the same sentence.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

LaserTrickShorty posted:

I don’t think the guns are balanced. The Wingman is obviously OP, SMGs and R301 are worthless without light extended mag, all the snipers are underwhelming except for the Triple Take.

I say buff the Longbow, allow players to dual wield pistols including the Mozzie, make the R301 and R99 have 30 ammo (maybe don’t let the R99 have extended mag), I say get rid of the Flatline.. just from the top of my head.

Also the gold Havoc should have a turbocharger, also I don’t like the sights on some of the gold weapons.

What? The Wingman is OP, yes, but the R-301 and R-99 are fine as is - especially with how prevalent extended light mags are. The Longbow is a monster and the G7 is perfectly serviceable. In fact, I'd say the Triple Take is terrible if not used as a shotgun right after landing.

I do agree that the 2-4x sight on the gold R-301 feels bad, though.

Also, the Peacekeeper is good but it's wildly inconsistent.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I like that so many complaints about the game are how the guns both can't kill anything and how fast they die to the guns, usually in the same sentence.

Yes

All I want is new purple optics - the 3x and 2/4s look rubbish and I'd like to see them implement some variation.

Also maybe wingman down to 37 dmg, agreed.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

esperterra posted:

landing on it is great b/c then people have to come to you

i made it to the final three squads with some people, we slid up in there and blew some guys away who weren't expecting it and that was good, but they wouldn't get out of the cage so we just got lit up through the floor because it doesn't block bullets and everyone died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Let me dual wield the wingman.

Just me. No one else.