Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Nice, although a lot of the NPC models in acts 1-3 are pretty loving rough.

Also why the gently caress isn’t Gruest in the syndicate? I wanna beat his stupid rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
But... you already do? That's like the second thing that happens in A7.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Wanna beat his rear end... more

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Kinda want Piety in the Syndicate in like 5 different forms just because killing her is p. satisfying

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ghostlight posted:

Winter Orb is a pretty good dude at breaking all the things for you.

I turned my storm brand elementalist into Winter Orb last night....it's a lot stronger than I expected even with non-leveled gems. For some reason it lags way less than storm brand for me too even with herald of ice/fire/light all going off. Want to go CI->LL on whatever I league start with though so I may go Occultist and be super tanky at the expense of some dps.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
10 acts?! 3 was ENOUGH IMO!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asproigerosis posted:

that's a heck of a title you've got there

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

There's only one difficulty now tho. Basically the same length from rolling to the endgame

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wow yikes

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

I turned my storm brand elementalist into Winter Orb last night....it's a lot stronger than I expected even with non-leveled gems. For some reason it lags way less than storm brand for me too even with herald of ice/fire/light all going off. Want to go CI->LL on whatever I league start with though so I may go Occultist and be super tanky at the expense of some dps.

Alternatively you could go CI->LL Occultist and be massively tanky without giving up any dps. That's what Occultists do

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

or you could wait until patch notes because occs are possibly going to get nerfed in some way

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
I'm still wondering if Herald of Agony is going to get nerfed, especially after seeing that ring. It's all I played this league and I'm still shocked it hasn't been touched. Over a million DPS on a build with 300% life and fortify that doesn't require a single unique item? Sure why not.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Wuxi posted:

Alternatively you could go CI->LL Occultist and be massively tanky without giving up any dps. That's what Occultists do
True that is kind of the Occultist perk. I need to play around with vortex occultist before new league, see if I like the play style.

Captain Foo posted:

or you could wait until patch notes because occs are possibly going to get nerfed in some way
Oh I will, I've been burned by patch notes before. Just playing with different ideas for now

Xequecal posted:

I'm still wondering if Herald of Agony is going to get nerfed, especially after seeing that ring. It's all I played this league and I'm still shocked it hasn't been touched. Over a million DPS on a build with 300% life and fortify that doesn't require a single unique item? Sure why not.
What build is this?

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

What build is this?

Champion for intimidate, 20% increased damage taken and can't evade. I really don't think they tested using fast-hitting spells to generate virulence because it's stupidly easy to keep virulence capped with something like Firestorm or Flame Totem with Additional Totems. This league you had to use a Consuming Dark to make the fire damage poison, next league with Flame Totem going to 50% physical you won't even need that and can just equip a minion damage/attack speed item. The totems will even taunt the stuff for you, adding additional survivability.

EDIT: Here's a PoB, note no gear other than the minion damage/attack speed weapon.

Xequecal fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 26, 2019

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
HoAg CI Occultist made the game stupidly easy last league.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

With rain of arrows ?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

We said that 3 months ago. Then they got buffed.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

euphronius posted:

With rain of arrows ?

I used RoA but people also used MS I think. Just any skill that lands a lot of hits quickly so you can keep virulence maxed.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Literally any 1h weapon with the new "Trigger Spell when using any skill" crafted suffix, slotted with Firestorm and/or Ball Lightning and Poison support, and a single jewel that adds flat chaos or physical to spells, will give you huge pile of Virulence stacks.

I hope they don't nerf it because it is outlandishly good in this Eye of Innocence autocast spam build.

What I don't get is why do they make the poison mechanic, both with the Shadow ascendancy and HoAg, do the most damage by having as many stacks of poison as possible, when poison stacks are the one thing that lags and disconnects the servers?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I might run that as a league starter, sure minion AI is balls but at least it does a poo poo ton of damage and can't die, and you're tanky as hell with lgoh and stuff.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Y'all can quit your bitchin'

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Such an easy and obvious fix, glad they realized it needed to be done.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Has Niko always been wearing a crop top?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Niko's got a hot bod

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I'm not complaining :colbert:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zenithe posted:

yes

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
should also ask if they figured out and able to fix that sometimes the betrayal fort is in an inaccessible location that either requires point-to-point teleportation skills or just flat out impossible to get to .

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zenithe posted:

"You think I want to be dressed like this?"

- Niko the Mad

edit: also the banter between Janus and Tiny about plundering booty has got to be one of the funniest bits I've seem in this game

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 26, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
that means niko will give out ~2k at tier 16 right?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
So it's been bothering me how much they're invested in sexualizing Zana as some kind of PoE waifu, where there must always be an NPC longing for her and all that. I know I'm just mad about nerds here but all is forgiven if we can hook Niko up with Einhar.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

edit: also the banter between Janus and Tiny about plundering booty has got to be one of the funniest bits I've seem in this game

Janus is just the best. My personal favourite is his monologue about backstabbing/betraying people :allears:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

George posted:

So it's been bothering me how much they're invested in sexualizing Zana as some kind of PoE waifu, where there must always be an NPC longing for her and all that. I know I'm just mad about nerds here but all is forgiven if we can hook Niko up with Einhar.

her being an npc you constantly have to work with to access one of the major, game features reminds you repeatedly that she has a nice voice even after the 1000th time she tells wishes you luck about your maps.

she is also the only one that actually has the least flavor voicework of her talking about what happens in the worlds or even about herself besides she was a daddy's girl who wishes her daddy wasn't a tentacle beast. :sympathy:. :cthulhu:. the lack of actual topics makes her more prone for nerds to insert what they think she like into their personal mind-canon.

it also really doesn't help the devs just can't help writing other npc reactions to her that are not negative or even neutral. even Jun, who sees everyone as a threat to her order, just can't help to wonder what if Zana was interested in going out with her even to the point of creepily imagining them adopting kids together (while speaking with your character no less)

Zana started as a bland character and then turned into a perfect Mary Sue character who can do no wrong!!

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 26, 2019

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm sure she used to have opinions of other masters and it got lost somewhere even before the master change.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

I am physically incapable of bitching less than [20–40] 23% of the time. Would you like to gamble to reroll this value?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that means niko will give out ~2k at tier 16 right?

I think it's more around 3.5-4k on a decent quant map. I think...

So around 100 maps for about an 60-90 mins of delving without using scarabs.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yeah I see about ~1100-1500 sulphite per deposit on t16s, so it's 3k+ per map Niko spawns on.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1100502883349475328

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tai posted:

I think it's more around 3.5-4k on a decent quant map. I think...

So around 100 maps for about an 60-90 mins of delving without using scarabs.

This is not a fun convergence at all. Hopefully the Synthesis mechanic is comparable to Delves and I can just do that instead of having to do maps to do Delves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Addamere posted:

This is not a fun convergence at all. Hopefully the Synthesis mechanic is comparable to Delves and I can just do that instead of having to do maps to do Delves.

Yea it kinda blows delve is being pushed on the back burner even more with the scarab nerf.

With the multiple spawns in one area, if you have an open safehouse, will multiple internventions spawn? Kinda pointless to farm if they aren't.