Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also I can't believe that there is more than one game that used "Among Thieves" as a subtitle

Among Thieves would be a good name for a game, full stop. Maybe some card game about stealing things from other players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

homeless snail posted:

do we really want a thieving raccoon to be our children's role model

Considering he steals from villans who make rich. Yes. :colbert:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://youtu.be/pVc6iRiEZvM?t=37

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible posted:

Now play the cashgrab fourth game, lemme know how that is

can't, it doesn't run on rpcs3 very well yet

i've heard it's okay but kind of weirdly written, which, is what i'd expect i guess

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Colonel posted:

somebody decided this was the best possible look for a sly cooper movie

To be honest I remember seeing a still of Sly that looked way worse than that, and Bentley looks pretty good imo (outside of the teeth). Murray though, whoof.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

phew, done with business for the day

do I play botw or okami HD or maybe atelier L&S on pc or what tho, I still haven't decided since yesterday :(

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

do I play botw or okami HD or maybe atelier L&S on pc or what tho, I still haven't decided since yesterday :(

Okami.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ciaphas posted:

Botw

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Atelier

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

masturbate

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ll be the tiebreaker and vote “masturbate”

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

decision paralysis is really aggravating lmao, especially over such zero stakes nonsense as this. stupid brain

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if i have games on multiple systems i want to play i take out the controllers and let the cat decide what game i play based on which controller she sniffs first.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

leaning toward botw after some food

which is slightly astonishing--but only slightly, 'cos botw--since i don't usually like either open world games or games i've already beaten

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Whenever I have trouble deciding what to play I end up watching a Twitch stream or something

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 28, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
there's a sly cooper movi?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

there's a sly cooper movi?

There was going to be one, I don't think it ever happened though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

GUI posted:

I've put around 20 hours into the MP. It's fun if you like Battlefield.

The single player isn't even worth talking about.

I think the main thing keeping me from impulse buying it is that I'd have to keep up a PS+ sub if I want to keep playing it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Whenever I have trouble deciding what to play I end up watching a Twitch stream or something

binge old favorite channels on youtube like slow mo guys, myself

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You will become a less powerful gamer if you only watch other people play

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find the track from the Day of the Dead soundtrack that I thought was what Amarant's theme from FF9 reminded me of and now I think my brain just made the whole thing up.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find the track from the Day of the Dead soundtrack that I thought was what Amarant's theme from FF9 reminded me of and now I think my brain just made the whole thing up.
You're probably thinking of the theme from the opening where they're looking for survivors. Amarant's theme sounds a little bit like it but not really close enough to be really similar.

Now Golbez's Theme from FF4 and The Black Knight's Theme from Fire Emblem on the other hand though, its so blatant I'm surprised Nintendo got away with that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

You will become a less powerful gamer if you only watch other people play

I'm usually jamming Tetris 99 or MTG Arena games while I'm watching. But I haven't played anything more involved in a while. Besides that Trials demo at least

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1101243389025157120

this exists, for some reason

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Sly, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank are all muddled together in my brain. I know I played at least two of those but I can't recall a single thing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

poo poo it wasn't until you made that post that i realized i was thinking of jak and daxter when anyone ever mentioned ratchet and clank

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jak and Daxter → Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank → Spider-Man
Sly Cooper → Ghosts of Tsushima

Edit:
Ape Escape → Knack

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the back of the knack 2 case says "meet knack"

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I refuse

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjxZUvBuRX8

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

poo poo it wasn't until you made that post that i realized i was thinking of jak and daxter when anyone ever mentioned ratchet and clank

you should play the ratchet games, they're pretty good, unlike jak 2 and 3

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Jak and Daxter → Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank → Spider-Man
Sly Cooper → Ghosts of Tsushima

this explains a lot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve always wondered, in a world with typical huge anime eyes, why are Brock’s drawn like that? Is he supposed to be a specific ethnicity?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"Person with lines for eyes" is a common type in manga/anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve always wondered, in a world with typical huge anime eyes, why are Brock’s drawn like that? Is he supposed to be a specific ethnicity?
Yeah it's just a thing animators/character designers do. If anime characters have big eyes to look innocent and cute than obviously if you draw a character with closed eyes they look mature in comparison, you can also use it to imply shiftiness or something. it can also be used if they have some kind of eye-based power naturally. other characters with that going on would be like, hazama in blazblue and xelloss in slayers.

he has a standard japanese name the same as anyone else in the original japanese so i don't think he's meant to be anything. actually the reason they removed him for the orange islands arc is because they thought people would think it was racist against asians, lol. but they put him back when they realized nobody cared.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Is there a thread for death stranding?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Colonel posted:

you should play the ratchet games, they're pretty good, unlike jak 2 and 3

i’m good thanks

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jump Force DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I dig how that pic looks so idk why people in the twitter thread for it were ragging on it so much