Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

a good episode of fightmans, featuring men, doing fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

It's actually pretty cool that both the writer and the editor have martial arts experience and they rehearse the fights live for Daromeon.

They seem like a cool trio. A writer who runs a bar and went from pushing papers to diving into ruins before coming to this series. An editor working on what I'm guessing is a huge chunk of the series the magazine runs. And the Artist spent a good chunk of his life living overseas and works on video games in his limited spare time.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brought To You By posted:

They seem like a cool trio. A writer who runs a bar and went from pushing papers to diving into ruins before coming to this series. An editor working on what I'm guessing is a huge chunk of the series the magazine runs. And the Artist spent a good chunk of his life living overseas and works on video games in his limited spare time.

After this series is completed I hope they collaborate on starting an actual underground fighting tournament.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

JosephWongKS posted:

After this series is completed I hope they collaborate on starting an actual underground fighting tournament.

These manga are actually based on real events.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That last panel was pretty badass, I like that this dude just took the Netero approach to combat by practicing one move a ridiculous amount of times every day.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 28, 2019

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Koga's not on a fighter's level just yet but his crazy face game is pretty good

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hope Koga actually puts on a respectable match against ohma 2 now that he's serious. He's such a good guy

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

tweet my meat posted:

I hope Koga actually puts on a respectable match against ohma 2 now that he's serious. He's such a good guy

Koga already revealed his entire backstory during his fight with Kokuro, including his family background and upbringing, why he started doing martial arts, and why he has a feud against Ohma. He has no more flashbacks to draw upon for future fights. How's he possibly gonna win against Ohma2, man of mysteries who has many potential flashbacks to unleash?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Maybe they stick with the netero theme like his training flashback and he detonates a nuclear bomb surgically implanted in his chest

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

JosephWongKS posted:

Koga already revealed his entire backstory during his fight with Kokuro, including his family background and upbringing, why he started doing martial arts, and why he has a feud against Ohma. He has no more flashbacks to draw upon for future fights. How's he possibly gonna win against Ohma2, man of mysteries who has many potential flashbacks to unleash?

by going where no fighter has dared go before: flash-forwards

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

CharlestonJew posted:

by going where no fighter has dared go before: flash-forwards

They are already doing so. In fact this entire series is a FLASHBACK that secretary lady is telling to her friends. Not-Ohma and Koga have attained unlimited power by using this technique.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Jose posted:

sharing bath water is gross

how exactly does this work in households, anyway? I can only tolerate the notion in Japanese bathhouses because the idea is you wash off before you get in the water, and you just soak

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

OnimaruXLR posted:

how exactly does this work in households, anyway? I can only tolerate the notion in Japanese bathhouses because the idea is you wash off before you get in the water, and you just soak

if the bath is remotely hot you're still going to sweat into it lol

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I think the shared bath works is that you wash and then rise off. Like you do with dishes... yeah it's weird but it's economical. Guests go first as a sign of respect but Ohma2 drained the tug because he has no idea about etiquette.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Man, the fight choreography in Kengan continues to amaze. I don't think I've ever been confused or having to reread an action segment to get an idea of movement, spacing, and positioning in this manga, which is super rare for action manga.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 1, 2019

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The art is amazing of course, but the choreography is what really elevates it to another level. Everything is so concise and clear with strong distinct action lines that make reading the momentum of moves effortless.

My favorite example is Muteba's eye poke fakeout heart jab. It was hard to see the move intentionally, but once you saw him cough up blood you go back and you see the more subtle attack clearly hidden in the eyepoke.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 1, 2019

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
2/3rds of the staff having extensive martial arts experience helps.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
if only real fights were this much fun to watch...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

When Agito turns up in this series he's going to be missing an arm and have a black panther tattoo on his back

Aug 24, 2011

Jose posted:

When Agito turns up in this series he's going to be missing an arm and have a black panther tattoo on his back

Agito is in charge of the daycare on behalf of kengan dads

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/555972/1

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Yamashita straight up just learned how to deal with problem children ever since Ohma.
Rip Kokuro, I hope you get your revenge someday

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Please Kaneda, I beg of you, lose the hat.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Yamashita straight up just learned how to deal with problem children ever since Ohma.
Rip Kokuro, I hope you get your revenge someday

He will suffer the same fate as all the others that fight a main cast member and lose to them, show up just to job

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As the Krillin of Kengan Ashura, Kaneda should always look like a total dork.

Aug 24, 2011

kazzy is able to stop killing blows with nothing more than his voice

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those two are totally a couple now

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

those two are totally a couple now

Don't forget that after Kaneda's match with Gaolang, Himuro talked about how cool Kaneda looked during the fight and how he (Himuro) wanted to kiss Kaneda.

So yeah, those two are totally a couple now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Maybe Kaneda has got over his mystery anime can't exercise disease in the time skip

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
He's learned how to read 20 moves into the future instead of 10. And he doesn't need prep time anymore.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
So does Koga have Kazzy eyes and he's going to be copy ninja? It was kind of done in Asura with the Sonny Chiba guy and suggested that it could be a pretty strong fighting style.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

So does Koga have Kazzy eyes and he's going to be copy ninja? It was kind of done in Asura with the Sonny Chiba guy and suggested that it could be a pretty strong fighting style.

Seems like move steals are going to be Koga's thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I have no doubts now that Ryuki is the hooded guy in the last chapter of Kengan Asura. Biggest question now is why he’s here. Maybe he’s investigating Kazuo because he was Ohma’s sponsor?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RatHat posted:

Yeah I have no doubts now that Ryuki is the hooded guy in the last chapter of Kengan Asura. Biggest question now is why he’s here. Maybe he’s investigating Kazuo because he was Ohma’s sponsor?

what makes you say that? based on Ryuki's reaction to just hearing the word "worm" it seems like he's been trying to hunt down the hooded guy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

what makes you say that? based on Ryuki's reaction to just hearing the word "worm" it seems like he's been trying to hunt down the hooded guy

He uses the gaoh style which while similar is pretty clearly not the Niko style as well

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well for one thing they said the hooded guy was the last heir to the Niko style and Ryuki is obviously using a variant of it. In fact Gaoh style is probably the “original” Niko style that Gaoh used.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Seeing as how it's been made clear the worm are evil and all 3 of those guys are evil they're in opposition

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RatHat posted:

Well for one thing they said the hooded guy was the last heir to the Niko style and Ryuki is obviously using a variant of it. In fact Gaoh style is probably the “original” Niko style that Gaoh used.

I forgot about that part but I think the last heir doesn't know about Ryuki

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
New chapter up

https://mangadex.org/chapter/560550

The boys go to school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter and Class in session.
Himuro has made a solid comeback with just 1 chapter given how he had to sit out the entire last series because of that broken arm. I think Yamashita's company is being used to filter and search for people (maybe the worms) or maybe as a starting point for a new Association. The penalty for "causing" a fighter's death alone would be sufficient to curb fatalities and companies could always hire an extra fighter to make the rotation 3-4 instead of 2-3 and not hire people who kill as a tactic. So having a pool of 500+ fighters that are freelance is interesting, maybe Nogi wants to set up a branch competition with those 500+ as the foundation over time?

e: f;b :eng99: