Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Also on 2nd run you can go in to G1 with the magnum or SMG and popping the eye with the ammo they give you in the police station goes a long way to speeding things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Claire preparing to take on G1

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Good soup! posted:

pretty much this

There was a huge write-up someone did (like 60 pages long or some crazy poo poo) with all of the drama from message boards and the guy who was confirmed as owning the "80 percent" build is apparently just sitting on it. One thing I always found interesting was that the trailers\teasers up until this point had voices for Leon, Sherry, and Claire and I'm wondering if all the voiceovers were in the 80 percent build? So many questions on that one - where was everything recorded, who was involved, etc., because everyone was clearly recasted just by going how they sound in the 1.5 trailers

Are there any good videos detailing RE 1.5? Like, I'm curious what was missing and how much changed from 1.5 to 2.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

s.i.r.e. posted:

Are there any good videos detailing RE 1.5? Like, I'm curious what was missing and how much changed from 1.5 to 2.

It's not really a question of what changed, so much as what's the same. There are a handful of characters that they have in common--Leon, Irons, Marvin, Annette, an early version of Kendo, a significantly different Ada--but in all the ways that matter they're two different games.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Aww yiss!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Aww yiss!

Now save less and get that minigun

Any word on what the next DLC is? I'm assuming an Extreme Battle mode

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Beat Hardcore Claire A today, G4 took me four tries because I kept running out of ammo. Eventually went into the fight with zero healing items and took the stock off my grenade launcher just to make more room. Wound up ending it with nothing but handgun ammo. I think I was too liberal with my SRS magnum-ish stuff earlier. Ah well.

I can't beat the Hunk scenario to get the final trophy and the platinum. :(
Did the DLC. Got to around 87 kills on the final scenario, died, did it again, same thing.

I really don't like the DLC or Fourth Survivor, it's too frantic, stresses me out.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Did the DLC. Got to around 87 kills on the final scenario, died, did it again, same thing.

I really don't like the DLC or Fourth Survivor, it's too frantic, stresses me out.

I agree, it's overwhelmingly intense! I would have preferred some more horror levels instead of pure terror.

With 4th Survivor, I would check out some videos for good routes. Then when you have practice, you could maybe do it muted and play your own music? It might take some of the edge off.

I still haven't beat No Way Out, and I think audio is more important for that so I'm not sure.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
It's really a testament to the quality of this game that people keep playing it over and over when it's really rather short and fairly constrained in terms of environments. It doesn't have the open world expansive mysteries and vast territories of stuff like Skyrim, Witcher, GTA and RDR that are real time sinks but god drat people keep trying to outdo themselves with it and do it again and again.

I enjoy it more not speed running and sort of taking my time and creeping, especially the first few runs, and I love wasting the monsters and just trying to kill everything I see which I know is not rewarding. It's addictive in a way I haven't seen in some time.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

The Berzerker posted:

Beat Hardcore Claire A today, G4 took me four tries because I kept running out of ammo. Eventually went into the fight with zero healing items and took the stock off my grenade launcher just to make more room. Wound up ending it with nothing but handgun ammo. I think I was too liberal with my SRS magnum-ish stuff earlier. Ah well.

YOU CAN TAKE poo poo OFF?!?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Spermando posted:

I've never heard any of those lines, how do you trigger them?

I'm not positive but I think Claire and Leon get angrier the more injured they are?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spiffster posted:

YOU CAN TAKE poo poo OFF?!?

Yeah just click on an item with stuff attached and theres an option to pop mods off

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

It's really a testament to the quality of this game that people keep playing it over and over when it's really rather short and fairly constrained in terms of environments. It doesn't have the open world expansive mysteries and vast territories of stuff like Skyrim, Witcher, GTA and RDR that are real time sinks but god drat people keep trying to outdo themselves with it and do it again and again.

I enjoy it more not speed running and sort of taking my time and creeping, especially the first few runs, and I love wasting the monsters and just trying to kill everything I see which I know is not rewarding. It's addictive in a way I haven't seen in some time.

I've played three full play throughs of this game since launch. I almost never play a game the way I've been playing RE2. And I'm planning to go back and try and Hardcore S rank because I am a crazy person.

Agreee with the complaints about 4th Survivor and the DLC, although I think the music for them is loving awesome and I'm glad they were included in the soundtrack.

Which I actually bought because it's really good by itself.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Now save less and get that minigun

Any word on what the next DLC is? I'm assuming an Extreme Battle mode

A minigame where you get to suck and tug Mr X to completion and swallow his big cums.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I kind of wonder if they'll even bother with DLC beyond Ghost Survivors. Did they announce the DLC for RE7 at launch?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

How in the gently caress could they NOT bother, it is a license to print money with how well this game is doing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Azran posted:

I kind of wonder if they'll even bother with DLC beyond Ghost Survivors. Did they announce the DLC for RE7 at launch?

They announced DLC early on but it also ran into huge amounts of trouble was was delayed a bunch.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Mordor She Wrote posted:

How the gently caress do you beat the lab in 30 minutes?

Pretty much just know where to go and have the puzzle solutions already. In this run I picked up the bracelet at precisely 1 hour.

You could definitely save quite a bit of time off of that, too. I played it pretty safe, and lost a few minutes to routing goofs.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Azran posted:

At launch, beating RE7 gave you a screen saying "Free story DLC, Not A Hero, coming this Spring"

In late spring they clarified that Not a Hero was made by a different studio and was deemed awful. Capcom took it over and made it from scratch. I think it was delivered like 9 months later than it was expected?

The Paid DLCs were announced at launch, were delivered on time and were amazing.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

in a weird way, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do more DLC. Not because it would or wouldn't be good, I just, I don't know, I could see them moving on.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'd imagine that at the moment, they're a little worried about potentially cannibalizing sales from DMCV.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

tfw you go through a whole runthrough of Claire hardcore with the Capcom Pro Tour ads on just to earn 50 fight money - _ -

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Kinda surprised, in retrospect, that there wasn't a Marvin Ghost Survivor.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Discendo Vox posted:

Kinda surprised, in retrospect, that there wasn't a Marvin Ghost Survivor.

Seriously. Just let us have our little fantasy-land where he makes it out okay, and then he and Leon go on to work as a team to rescue the President's daughter.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ok, hear me out

$300 DLC, titled 'You Can Save Marvin'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The first DLC to go on to sell more than the base game somehow.

E: I know we joked about it, but I want 'Leon's First Day' party-planning DLC. Jack's Birthday was fun as Hell in RE7.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The DLC should have been a story based Marvin scenario where he makes it out alive and nothing else, it would have been 100% better than what we got. I would have paid for it too.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Actually, just do a Resident Evil 1.5 Remake DLC

Because, well, Marvin is alive at the end of 1.5 and escapes with you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean part of the problem is Marvin dying is why people like Marvin so much. It also doesnt hurt at all thay in a single line deliver Leon absolutely sells that he is out for loving Justice for Marvin.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I like Marvin because the dude helped me out, knows he's hosed and doesn't want you wasting your time on the idea that he's going to make it, he's selfless. His suffering is real and you slowly see him slip away, it's depressing the the whole time I just want to help a dude out. He's one of the reasons the A game is better since he's already dead in the B game. If you could save him optionally I'd do so every single time, I hate that he has to die.

It would have been cool if you could save him, he tags along with you and posts up in Save rooms to give you flavor dialog when you run through them "Hey, found something you might find useful." Or help out during the Birkin fights from afar. It's strange to because RE1 had several instances of that happening and RE2 has none except Ada giving you the rocket launcher but that will always happen.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

s.i.r.e. posted:

If you could save him optionally I'd do so every single time, I hate that he has to die.

It would have been cool if you could save him, he tags along with you and posts up in Save rooms to give you flavor dialog when you run through them "Hey, found something you might find useful." Or help out during the Birkin fights from afar. It's strange to because RE1 had several instances of that happening and RE2 has none except Ada giving you the rocket launcher but that will always happen.

REMake made me so upset in Chris's game the first time I played, because after you get the serum, Richard's resting, watched over by Rebecca in the one save room and I was like 'Holy poo poo you can save him this time around?!'

When I got to the Aqua Ring area, I nearly threw down my controller.

Marvin being 'support' would be cool.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 2, 2019

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

s.i.r.e. posted:

There's a couple of pretty thorough videos for what's available of the Leon and Elza runs here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzTm_MSAV1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDJiWyXPO1k

and a video of how 1.5 was found here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxqVSvT7rw

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Barudak posted:

I mean part of the problem is Marvin dying is why people like Marvin so much. It also doesnt hurt at all thay in a single line deliver Leon absolutely sells that he is out for loving Justice for Marvin.

A big part of it is that they absolutely threw a real heavyweight performance behind Marvin and they did not have to. He's arguably the dark horse contender for the best actor in the remake, and it's not like the rest are slouches.

They really ought to grab that voice actor and face model again and have them play somebody else in a later game. Have Marvin's cousin join the BSAA or something.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

RE2make genuinely surprised me with the actual emotional gut punches it put in all the rewrites. Like what the gently caress. Stop it. I don't want to feel absolutely stomach twisting sorrow for Kendo

Or Annette. Or Marvin. Or or...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wanderer posted:

A big part of it is that they absolutely threw a real heavyweight performance behind Marvin and they did not have to. He's arguably the dark horse contender for the best actor in the remake, and it's not like the rest are slouches.

They really ought to grab that voice actor and face model again and have them play somebody else in a later game. Have Marvin's cousin join the BSAA or something.

New cutscene added to the game where marvin picks up the phone, "Hey Chuck, its your cousin Marvin. You know that new partner you've been looking for? Listen to this!" while Leon is unloading on Mr. X

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I think they did really good work with Annette. I remember her being kinda crazy in the original but in Remake she's just antisocial and determined to stop G and everyone who tries to get it

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Wanderer posted:

I think toning down RE2's level of cheese and actually having good voice acting counted for a lot in giving this game a bit of pathos. Pretty much all the characters are great.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there any way to turn off unlockable items? I've done everything and having like 15 extra items to sift through in the box every playthrough is getting old.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

I think they did really good work with Annette. I remember her being kinda crazy in the original but in Remake she's just antisocial and determined to stop G and everyone who tries to get it

I didn't like her characterization. The first time you see her she ignores Claire and mumbles to herself while looking at her clipboard. She then goes "Daughter? That parameter is not part of the experiment. " It felt very farcical and inconsistent with the tone they were going for. It's a thing that bothers me in video games and superhero movies. The writers pick a character's main trait and crank it up to 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Claire preparing to take on G1

Leon preparing to take on G1: