Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is it a hop up or something to do the select fire which charges a shot? Didn’t have that although did have a bad rear end gold sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Yeah, it takes either the Turbocharger to make it "spin up" faster, or the Select Fire hop up to get the beam mode.

Edit: With the Turbocharger it's kinda good.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
To contribute to the gun convo from a few pages back I like the Devotion a bunch in early game. People don’t have armor or their best gun and don’t expect you to have a good gun so you can very often shred one or two players if your tracking is decent. Like if someone doesnt get to cover during the windup phase they are done. The TTK on that thing once it’s wound up is very low. I grabbed a Havoc the other day and it’s got a really slow reload, I think I prefer the Devotion to it.

My usual loadout is some combo of R99, Peacemaker, Wingman, or R301. Those four feel pretty top tier to me, the R99 unscoped is so good. I will take a Spitfire, a Hemlok, a Scout, or a Triple Take and be pretty happy. I experimented with the Longbow but I prefer not to snipe in this game and it feels just a lottle too dedicated to long range sniping with it’s small clip and longish time between shots. I’m gonna try out the Prowler with selectfire since people recommended it. Burst fire is a little weird but whatever. Gotta try the RE-45 too, I totally overlooked it because it’s a pistol. I’m also thinking about rocking the Devotion more often. There’s more energy ammo now and I see like 2 or 3 turbochargers a game sometimes.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Issue with the Devotion is a good player will utilize cover, pop behind it while the enemy shoots and as soon as it stops they know they have a second to pop out and take a free shot before it winds up again, its really good with the turbo if you get the drop on someone , and yea early game it eats through those level 1 shields to knock quick.

Shoutout to whoever said the RE-45 was good, I've been carrying that as my backup gun as a finisher if i'm rolling close combat weapons say with a peacekeeper or wingman, it's p nice.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

Gunder posted:

Just watch this. A pilot would poo poo all over every Legend.

gently caress I got chills watching this. Gotta get Titanfall 2 ASAP, definitely sleeping on this game.

LaserTrickShorty fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 3, 2019

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

bumming your scene posted:

I think the Hemlock can do that in semi-auto.

Huh, I guess you’re right. I went into training mode to test and there are a few with an uncapped fire rate. Just the 3 ARs that can be set to single fire and the P2020, and unless you’re cheating with macros or something the ARs are still faster in full auto/burst fire. The P2020 is the only one where trigger feathering really seems like a worthwhile tactic.

precision posted:

I'm only saying it should be an option.

I know, and I’m not trying to come off as harsh, but you’re talking about changing a really fundamental element of first person shooters.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone gotten a bug where they're unable to fire their gun or ADS? It happened to me twice today and I can't find anyone else complaining about it. Am I seriously the only one that has this issue? Twice now I've been in a fight and suddenly I can't fire, ads or reload my gun, and it's the most infuriating thing in the world.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CascadeBeta posted:

Has anyone gotten a bug where they're unable to fire their gun or ADS? It happened to me twice today and I can't find anyone else complaining about it. Am I seriously the only one that has this issue? Twice now I've been in a fight and suddenly I can't fire, ads or reload my gun, and it's the most infuriating thing in the world.

I’ve had it a couple times.

Dropping your gun and picking it back up usually fixes it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

CascadeBeta posted:

It has happened to me a couple of times- and the opposite, where clicking once locks it into emptying the mag or continually firing something like the auto shotty. Only solution is to drop the weapon and pick it up again, afaik

runchild
May 26, 2010

LaserTrickShorty posted:

gently caress I got chills watching this. Gotta get Titanfall 2 ASAP, definitely sleeping on this game.

If you thought that was cool, check out this one. Despite the bit of dramatization that really is a good representation of what the multiplayer is like.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Really need to fire up TF2 and see if the servers have people, it’s super fun. I replayed the single player campaign recently and it is criminal the game didn’t sell a bazillion copies.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
They had people last week on xbox and yes tf2 best game

Gunder
May 22, 2003

priznat posted:

Really need to fire up TF2 and see if the servers have people, it’s super fun. I replayed the single player campaign recently and it is criminal the game didn’t sell a bazillion copies.

The release of Apex Legends has caused a little boost in popularity to Titanfall 2’s multiplayer. It’s still pretty quick getting into Attrition matches on PC (the least populated platform). Attrition is the basic team deathmatch mode, and it’s still easy to get into those matches. The other modes might have you waiting a bit though. On console I hear it’s much less of a problem and you can get quick matches for whatever you fancy.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Frontier Defense in TF2 is usually quick to pop too if you want some pve.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I've yet to see someone with "TTV" in their name not using Wraith, the sweaty bastards

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LaserTrickShorty posted:

It's extremely fun and good

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

runchild posted:

If you thought that was cool, check out this one. Despite the bit of dramatization that really is a good representation of what the multiplayer is like.

If you're playing at halfspeed, yes it's a pretty good representation. Watching this made me wish there were more tf2 weapons and gadgets in apex. Hopefully more of the old stuff will get added through the battle pass. Ticks coming back could be really fun. Gravitystars, Firestars, and the L-Star also need to come back.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i cant read TF2 without thinking about Team Fortress and yeah, dispenser here, teleporter here, meeeeediiiiiiiic

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Chard posted:

i cant read TF2 without thinking about Team Fortress and yeah, dispenser here, teleporter here, meeeeediiiiiiiic

It seems I am not the only Spy.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Here’s my stats in this game:

Games won: 2/10
Kills: 1

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mattavist posted:

Here’s my stats in this game:

Games won: 2/10
Kills: 1

i see you have also studied the way of the Team Carries Goon style

we are powerful in our own way

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Because I am an old, I am very bad at this game. However, I'm enjoying being bad at it.

I've got like.. three kills after 6 or so hours across a couple of days.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

It's extremely fun and good

I disagree, Titanfall 1 was a much cooler multiplayer game, TF2 is really inferior in most respects besides the grapple hook, sliding and some fancy titans. Almost all other elements are better in the original I think, especially the art design, map aesthetics and immersive sense of being in a real battle of IMC vs Militia.

TF2 MP is a glorified “fake” sports arena with no context and it’s a regressive backwards step, versus the rough but innovative attempt to bring traditional SP gameplay (missions, NPC characters, story, scripted sequences) into MP in TF1.

I believe it only gets praise because most players are on PS4 and never played the original, or people who don’t care about authentic military futurism (which we’re really starved of both in games and film). Titanfall was supposed to carry the torch which Halo dropped when it went all “shiny superhero space fantasy” and perhaps evolve into a successor to Battlefield 2142.

psyman fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 3, 2019

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Wherein the goons perform a somewhat reluctant but clever breach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRPUhu1nYw

EDIT: Also, new personal record yesterday!

burexas.irom fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 3, 2019

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Chard posted:

Gottam Gottam Gottam Gottam Gottam WHAT SEECK MAN

psyman posted:

I disagree, Titanfall 1 was a much cooler multiplayer game, TF2 is really inferior in most respects besides the grapple hook, sliding and some fancy titans. Almost all other elements are better in the original I think, especially the art design, map aesthetics and immersive sense of being in a real battle of IMC vs Militia.

TF2 MP is a glorified “fake” sports arena with no context and it’s a regressive backwards step, versus the rough but innovative attempt to bring traditional SP gameplay (missions, NPC characters, story, scripted sequences) into MP in TF1.

I believe it only gets praise because most players are on PS4 and never played the original, or people who don’t care about authentic military futurism (which we’re really starved of both in games and film). Titanfall was supposed to carry the torch which Halo dropped when it went all “shiny superhero space fantasy” and perhaps evolve into a successor to Battlefield 2142.

Now that Apex has taken off we might see a Titanfall 3 that combines the best of both TF 1 & 2.

I think people will be hungry for 'advanced mechanics' version of what they got a taste of in Apex. Especially if they can marry it with a gameplay loop that appeals to people in 2019+

Also - originally Apex was gonna have titans but they couldn't get it to be a balanced experience in testing. We might see titans in the game at some point, but the way they work will be considerably different or scaled down.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 3, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Didn't they say the next champion released would be able to wall run? I swear I heard that somewhere else.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlivePopularJamDoritosChip

Streamer mad. Game GOTY.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Never played the original TF but played a ton of TF2. TF2 is just fun as gently caress both in MP and SP.

After watching gameplay vids of the original it’s hard to believe its gameplay is actually better. It just looks slower and less polished, aesthetics aside.

runchild
May 26, 2010

I love love love the first game but it doesn’t have the buttslide. Therefore TF|2 is better.

Real talk there were some lateral moves and a couple tiny steps backwards in the transition between the games, but they were outweighed by the steps forward.

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
So any word as to when the Smart Pistol is gonna get added?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Oz Fox posted:

So any word as to when the Smart Pistol is gonna get added?

I’d pay $50 for a legend with that as its ult.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Titanfall let you use satchel charges as your primary long-range weapon if you wanted to which was pretty cool. IIRC they inherited your momentum so if you got decent at the wall-running you could huck them for miles.

E: also the MP aesthetic in tf1 was awesome even if tf2's campaign was better.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

psyman posted:

[quote="psyman" post="493051125"]

Make me feel like a broke bitch for having the shittiest computer and no Xbox why don’t you :saddowns:

runchild posted:

I love love love the first game but it doesn’t have the buttslide

Real talk there were some lateral moves and a couple tiny steps backwards in the transition between the games, but they were outweighed by the steps forward.

Honestly I can’t see myself playing any video game that doesn’t let me baseball slide over everything including concrete or has a running speed slower than 20 mph.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

LaserTrickShorty posted:

Honestly I can’t see myself playing any video game that doesn’t let me baseball slide over everything including concrete or has a running speed slower than 20 mph.

After playing so much Apex I keep trying to powerslide in every game I play and I get so disappointed when I can’t.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

psyman posted:

the single player is good dude

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

trash person posted:

After playing so much Apex I keep trying to powerslide in every game I play and I get so disappointed when I can’t.

You'd probably like warframe then as a PvE game, it has slide jumping turned up to 11 and uses pretty much the same muscle memory to do it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

the single player is good dude

Mentioning TF1's hosed campaign without mentioning how good TF2's campaign was

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I loved the time jump gimmick in the TF2 campaign. It was super fun.

Also getting thrown by your Titan never got old. Calculating..

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The caustic end circle house camp is really toxic (pun), what is even a good counter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You think you're in good shape, then you notice your team is neglecting the ring and start taking damage from it. Then over the radio, an ominous message rings out.. "throwing arc star". They actually made it over, I 2 shot knocked a guy with the longbow who was also sniping but looking elsewhere. Moved in to clean up, encountered the rest of his squad who smartly smoked out and revived and I was forced to back off after taking some damage. Team caught up but I was knocked in the ensuing fight, but my team finished the job. Of course they loot instead of reviving me and some 948 kill wraith appears and quickly puts me out of my misery. Once again my team comes through as the storm is enveloping us, and the last man standing, lifeline, dies to the loving storm with 3 squads left. Instead of, you know, deploying the healing pod or using another healing item. I swear a lot of players don't even know about the abilities

Next lobby: I hear Drake like music on the persons mic, they ask if anyone else has one and then tells me not to pick mirage and complains that I picked him with only 48 kills. Picks wraith of course and proceeds to be the first one dead, and quits. His name? Awesomedude0531.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 3, 2019