Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I ended up petering out at floor 22 I think and I'm pretty happy with that for a team that was entirely riding off a mang and wrath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Got 28 down but I'm out of sigils. We're at 182/200 as of this post. I know y'all can squeeze out a couple more points tonight.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
The great maw was very useful late for me, killing game-enders like glacyon the one non-stealthy guy on the fox team.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Woop! So many luck scrolls this week. And it gave me a greater orb of wisdom!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Growth :negative:

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

This is the first time Gem Boiz have gotten the final reward in the Tower, I think. While I’ve been in the guild, we usually get the second to last reward of any event, but rarely the last.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

onefish posted:

This is the first time Gem Boiz have gotten the final reward in the Tower, I think. While I’ve been in the guild, we usually get the second to last reward of any event, but rarely the last.
I think you're right. Excellent job this week guys, y'all killed it. (Ascension orb woo)

Get ready for Raid Boss starting tomorrow.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Night Danger Moose posted:

Get ready for Raid Boss starting tomorrow.

The worst game mode :(

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bagina posted:

Have no idea what dark magic I stumbled upon but I managed to get the mythic with just glory keys. Normally I don’t get poo poo.

I’ll take it.

I got you beat, I pulled two copies of TINA with my first 50 chests bought with glory points

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Devor posted:

I got you beat, I pulled two copies of TINA with my first 50 chests bought with glory points

Clearly, you have sold your soul to the devil.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hello Sailor posted:

Clearly, you have sold your soul to the devil.

I think TPK owns it. This Tesla Tina TPK team is nuts, I bet she eats a nerf

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Devor posted:

I think TPK owns it. This Tesla Tina TPK team is nuts, I bet she eats a nerf

It’s even more ridiculous in a mirror match. I wound up winning because I filled my Tina before the AI could fill theirs—both were the last remaining troops on the board.

I did lose horribly to

Wrath
Glaycion
Leprechaun
Doomed Blade

So it’s not like the Tesla/Tina/TPK team is invincible. By the time I took my second turn, all I had left was TPK at 9 life. And I think it was on fire.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Grundulum posted:

It’s even more ridiculous in a mirror match. I wound up winning because I filled my Tina before the AI could fill theirs—both were the last remaining troops on the board.

I did lose horribly to

Wrath
Glaycion
Leprechaun
Doomed Blade

So it’s not like the Tesla/Tina/TPK team is invincible. By the time I took my second turn, all I had left was TPK at 9 life. And I think it was on fire.

I think TTTT is about as consistent as a Glaycion offensive team that uses conversions to help keep my extra turns rolling - but it has easier play because it's just "Check for 4-5 matches, then use TINA -> Tesla -> Mountain Crusher, maybe with a TPK thrown in if I'm trying to get some Demon conversions.

My Glaycion team I have to do a lot of "Look for Skull+Red, Blue+Yellow, Red+Purple (yao guai)" which slows things down.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
To whoever was missing Hellcat: if you've been able to do dungeons at all, Hellcat is one of the possible pulls from the yellow summoning stones. It's probably the best use of non-diamond jewels you'll ever get! I don't know if it's weighted more towards the commons than the epics on those roles though, so it might chew up a lot of souls to get it.

Also, if anyone was sitting in a pubbie guild and was waiting for a spot in any goon guild, Gem Blossums currently has 5 spots open after a bunch of people left for Gem Boiz. We don't do the weekly events very much but it's still a pretty decent income from the tasks.

Fake edit: crafting 21 of the yellow stones got me four Hellcats, so it's at least not terrible odds.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So many pet rescues on Mondays with everybody actively playing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rip new weeks still no Pharos Ra.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Way too late, but I used Glacion/King Doomhammer/Frostmage - Jar of Eyes/Irongut

My Irongut had about 48 attack. So pretty good odds. One devour let me auto devour any viable targets. Typically this would be maybe one additional troop and I would wipe the rest of the team with doomskulls. Jar of Eyes was good for summoning trash to soak up a few hits.

I can't wait to try out TINA.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I cast Jar to fill up my empty spot and blow up the board... and it gave my summon to the AI. What the gently caress? Has this happened to anyone else?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Night Danger Moose posted:

I cast Jar to fill up my empty spot and blow up the board... and it gave my summon to the AI. What the gently caress? Has this happened to anyone else?

It's probably just a graphical glitch. I've seen units on the wrong side of the board several times.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Manyorcas posted:

To whoever was missing Hellcat: if you've been able to do dungeons at all, Hellcat is one of the possible pulls from the yellow summoning stones. It's probably the best use of non-diamond jewels you'll ever get! I don't know if it's weighted more towards the commons than the epics on those roles though, so it might chew up a lot of souls to get it.

Also, if anyone was sitting in a pubbie guild and was waiting for a spot in any goon guild, Gem Blossums currently has 5 spots open after a bunch of people left for Gem Boiz. We don't do the weekly events very much but it's still a pretty decent income from the tasks.

Fake edit: crafting 21 of the yellow stones got me four Hellcats, so it's at least not terrible odds.

Whoa I hadn't even thought of that. Will give it a try today, thanks!

e: Had enough materials to create 11 stones, and pulled a Hellcat on the last one. Nice.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 5, 2019

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any advice on newer PVP teams with recently released troops? My Yao Guai/Titania/Tai Pan combo has lost steam over the past few weeks. I’m mostly skipping fights against Dragon Eye heros since they’re a slog assuming I don’t get completely transformed into baby dragons early on. The Bronzelock Pistol(?) hero is kind of rare, but a tough fight for me, too.

I appear to have every troop that didn’t start at Mythic (and have most of those).

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Grundulum posted:

Just tried

Urskaya banner
Titan, Mountain Crusher
Tesla
Tina-9000
The Possessed King

poo poo’s bananas, although this is a super-endgame team. I fired off Tina twice, filled and fired Tesla three times, and still finished the match in under a minute.

New hotness all-rounder team using new troop TINA

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Any advice on newer PVP teams with recently released troops?

Shentang banner
Wrath
Sheggra
The Possessed King
Scylla

Dhrak-Zum banner
Glaycion
Apothecary
Gimlet Stormbrew
King Bloodhammer

Urskaya banner
Mountain Crusher (Mechanist, possibly Titan or Archer)
Tesla
TINA-9000
The Possessed King

Blackhawk Banner
Mang (Assassin, or a class that can start at 50%)
Apothecary
Keeper of Souls
The Possessed King

Primal Rift Banner
Greed
Skeleton Key (not sure what class works best)
Leprechaun
Cedric Sparklesack

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Grundulum posted:

Urskaya banner
Mountain Crusher (Mechanist, possibly Titan or Archer)
Tesla
TINA-9000
The Possessed King

The only one of these I'm missing is TPK. Anyone got suggestions for an alternate? Maybe Gorgotha up front and EyeJar in back?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
No, you want Mountain Crusher in front to collect brown, since that’s your primary mana generator. Hellcat could sit at the back. It would collect yellow and purple, and transform to red for filling both Tesla and Tina.

Edit: by the way, good job to whoever spotted that Hellcat is available from summoning stones in the Soulforge. I keep meaning to check, but keep forgetting.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Grundulum posted:

Primal Rift Banner
Greed
Skeleton Key (not sure what class works best)
Leprechaun
Cedric Sparklesack

I run the cookie cutter version: cedric, egg thief, skeleton key / thief, greed, with zaejin banner (flexible, but must have red or green). Can swap the hero to 4th spot for lust teams, or just duck them. Wins fast or loses fast - perfect for when you want to do 150 fights per day.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

For the raid thing this week, because it's limited to a single kingdom's banner is there really much you can do with it in the way of team building or just run whatever I happen to have? Seems pretty limited compared to color limitations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Agent355 posted:

For the raid thing this week, because it's limited to a single kingdom's banner is there really much you can do with it in the way of team building or just run whatever I happen to have? Seems pretty limited compared to color limitations.

Sometimes the restrictions can leave you with unusual, fun, teams that exercise a synergy that doesn't always get used

And then sometimes you're left with a pile of garbage troops like this week where it's just not fun

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

The raid boss is always limited to a single kingdom, and the invasion events are limited to a single troop type (construct, orc, etc.). This creates a massive variation in the viability of teams event to event. Grosh-nak is focused on orcs, which is terrible because the orc gimmick is mediocre. Gaining 5 armor or 3 attack is OK at low levels, but once you have dozens of bonus points from kingdoms and the event attacks are one- and two-shotting your troops, it is next to worthless.

The kingdom also lacks a flexible single converter, a double converter, and any explode. I have been running:

Titan with armor stripping weapon
Event Troop
Fist of Zorn
Gar'Nok

But the last two are really filler. There are a lot of OK choices for the last two spots and no really good ones.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It doesn't help that Gargantaur is also the worst mythic.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Spent a shitload of gems, glory, etc last week chasing Tina. Used one freebie gem key from pvp reward just now and unlocked it.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Arbetor posted:

The kingdom also lacks a flexible single converter, a double converter, and any explode. I have been running:

Titan with armor stripping weapon
Event Troop
Fist of Zorn
Gar'Nok

But the last two are really filler. There are a lot of OK choices for the last two spots and no really good ones.

I’m using Event troop, Fist, Cyclops, Rope Dart. Working ok. Rope Dart clears the armor and the event troops 5x damage kills the boss. I’m only at 160 so things could change.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

porktree posted:

I’m using Event troop, Fist, Cyclops, Rope Dart. Working ok. Rope Dart clears the armor and the event troops 5x damage kills the boss. I’m only at 160 so things could change.

Ditto. It's a gimmick, but it's pretty reliable. I am using Frostmage, and the freezes really help.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Heads-up: I was just offered a flash deal for 450 gems and a mint Orb of Ascension. At the $10 asking price, this isn’t a bad deal if you’re looking to spend some money.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

New faction the Dark Pit seems especially notable for having a path to the exit that only takes one room. My guess is that makes this a good faction to progress in, rather than a new farming faction to replace Sea of Sorrow, but interested in others’ takes.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Do hoard levels apply to their faction events? I'm assuming they do but I'm not really sure, as an aside I'm assuming this weird thursday faction event is a new faction or something that is going to be put in soon or something? Or I'm totally blind and just don't see them on the faction map.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Agent355 posted:

Do hoard levels apply to their faction events? I'm assuming they do but I'm not really sure, as an aside I'm assuming this weird thursday faction event is a new faction or something that is going to be put in soon or something? Or I'm totally blind and just don't see them on the faction map.

Yes, I'm fairly certain you'll get bonuses if you level your hoard

And yes unfortunately you're blind, Dark Pits is towards the right-central part of the map

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Huh, nothing there. maybe I have to relaunch the game and it's glitched out.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Yes, hoard levels apply to faction events, so ideally you will level your hoard up to 10 before doing anything in the event. Not that I keep that much free gold sitting around.

My team will probably be the primal rift team:

Mang
Apothecary
Keeper of Souls
Possessed King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm still working on getting a single delve faction up to quality 10 so I have somewhere to farm for the max shards each day, so I'm not gonna go and dump materials into a faction event just for fun quite yet.

Should be able to get them to 10 today actually, unless I get supremely unlucky from the chaos portals.

Also just about to get level 4 power bonus on every kingdom which would be a 26% chance of tribute for everybody which is pretty good. So god damned many minor traitstones though.