Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

you can't even rely on the new skills to be that good

see: me, trying to league start shattering steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Addamere posted:

this is not how gamedevs do and you know it

This is how D3 devs do, though.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

yea, I remember how everyone was like "lancing steel is gonna be so good, shattering looks poo poo". and the 20/20 gem numbers came out and people still felt the same way. then they actually played it. lancing steel was kinda dogshit and shattering was the only one that was workable if you just jammed as much proj in it as possible lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t imagine stormbrand being nuked enough to decrease its viability as an engine to get to maps.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I don't think they will nuke storm brand from orbit, if anything they'll trim 5-10% off its damage for the time being and it will still be ridiculous. Usually busted skills get at least 2 leagues worth of being busted.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

J posted:

I don't think they will nuke storm brand from orbit, if anything they'll trim 5-10% off its damage for the time being and it will still be ridiculous. Usually busted skills get at least 2 leagues worth of being busted.

Arc got three leagues, dp got one, VD got like two weeks. I would not try and use the behavior of past GGG to predict future GGG.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know, storm brand is good and all for leveling but it didn't feel absolutely amazing at high maps as some other builds. Things like brands and arc probably stand a whole lot less to gain from the new supports than some of the other self casted abilities

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Eminai posted:

VD got like two weeks

Ehhhhhh

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Eminai posted:

VD got like two weeks.

lol that was a bug fix from the enchant that brought +3 corpses destroyed to +1. it was stupid op. VD is still really good btw

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah and even though they nerfed indigon and zerphi, PP VD is still a strong build without them

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
How do you reduce Arc's power without loving self cast Arc.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tai posted:

Make a whole bunch of support gems that only work with self cast.

Oh, hey!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Ele hit got at least 3 leagues right? And it still really good after they hosed with the conversion amounts on combat fires.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

If possible, can I get a guild invite for Sarsinaia (either acct or char name, should work for either).

Any build suggestions? Tried stormbrand and totems in Betrayal.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Bugsy posted:

Ele hit got at least 3 leagues right? And it still really good after they hosed with the conversion amounts on combat fires.

Ele hit got one league before a targeted nerf, and was nerfed as a byproduct of the big unique rebalancing the league after that.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

Tai posted:

Increase cast speed, decrease damage proportionally. Self cast won't notice a thing, but PP and traps get nerfed.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Clocks posted:

If possible, can I get a guild invite for Sarsinaia (either acct or char name, should work for either).

Any build suggestions? Tried stormbrand and totems in Betrayal.

glacial cascade keeps being brought up on a discord but not sure how you would build out for that (totems or what)

im going for this vortex/ci build that uses minion damage to boost your own damage with Spiritual Aid. i think minion damage items will be easier to buy than just flat %damage .

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I think I'm pretty much locked into CI soulrend occultist, but once we have the 20/20 gems I'll know for sure. Tree looks the same as ed/cont anyways. Just not sure if I want to go to Malediction or Withering Presence for the second half of the ascendancy.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Glacial Cascade gets built with mines traditionally.

Even if they nerf Arc, they probably won't touch fire or lightning trap which are also really stupid powerful. Ele hit is still good but you probably want to use rain of arrows until you get the gems. It didn't really get nerfed with the unique rebalance but it became more expensive because you can't rely on using quill rain or chin sol to start.

Anything melee also won't likely see a nerf so all the molten strike, double strike, conc path or any cyclone builds that actually do damage with cyclone and not as an activator likely won't see a nerf.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Bugsy posted:

I think I'm pretty much locked into CI soulrend occultist, but once we have the 20/20 gems I'll know for sure. Tree looks the same as ed/cont anyways. Just not sure if I want to go to Malediction or Withering Presence for the second half of the ascendancy.

I was looking back at the changes they made to the cold dot skills to get an idea of the kind of buffs we can expect for the chaos ones and wow I'd forgotten what a giant buff vortex received. If we get those kind of numbers for the chaos skills that would be great.

I think withering presence probably makes more sense overall but its kind of sad to get that big chaos res and then go CI. Also I feel bad investing into curses without having malediction

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

some stuff like rf will always be good, per chris like 6 times over the years

rip that cool rf necro build with Bloodbond though

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

MMF Freeway posted:

I was looking back at the changes they made to the cold dot skills to get an idea of the kind of buffs we can expect for the chaos ones and wow I'd forgotten what a giant buff vortex received. If we get those kind of numbers for the chaos skills that would be great.

I think withering presence probably makes more sense overall but its kind of sad to get that big chaos res and then go CI. Also I feel bad investing into curses without having malediction

I was also thinking that the tree is really close switch into low life, but thats a decision to make after a while.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

EVIL Gibson posted:

glacial cascade keeps being brought up on a discord but not sure how you would build out for that (totems or what)

im going for this vortex/ci build that uses minion damage to boost your own damage with Spiritual Aid. i think minion damage items will be easier to buy than just flat %damage .

GC mines saboteur, which is basically identical to Arc mines saboteur except you take generic elemental damage nodes instead of lightning nodes. It's good but at the same time, you might as well just play arc mines.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I remember Fire Nova Mine being a really strong league starter, that still the case? I can't imagine anyone is going out of their way to nerf that one.

Captain Foo posted:

you can't even rely on the new skills to be that good

see: me, trying to league start shattering steel

I learned my lesson after Spectral Shield Throw, lol

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Same. And if they don't nerf Essence Drain then there's a decent enough fallback if Soulrend sucks, so it's pretty safe as builds using new skills go.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1102659058387939328

Ascendancies will be applied at random.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I did lancing steel as my league starter but I don't learn so I'll probably do storm burst or some other dumb build that looks interesting enough from the patch notes.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
poet's pen nerf incoming?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Uh oh, PP nerf incoming.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Probably will only proc on skill use now which only really effects the indigon builds. I don't think they really needed the nerf anymore but that would still be fairly tame

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

quote:

Jun Ortoi is now 25 (was 26)

Oh so she and Zana did get together, good for them

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Starting with either an RF Jugg or last league's Vortex Occultist hotness, depending on patch notes.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Haha "Templar budget cuts". He doesn't even have pants. What's left to cut?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Hot drat two wheels!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Whispering Ice's Icestorm now deals 25% more damage than expected

Good buff

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Awww, no more hideouts in graveyards with active green fire effects. Too good to last.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

Probably will only proc on skill use now which only really effects the indigon builds. I don't think they really needed the nerf anymore but that would still be fairly tame

Or they decide to dumpster it by changing it to "when you attack with this weapon"

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

Or they decide to dumpster it by changing it to "when you attack with this weapon"

But that's already how people used it?
edit: oh I see, I didn't realize that both Poet's Pens went off every attack when you dual wielded them.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Or they're buffing PP by making the ICD on it .15s so it's consistent with mjolner, coc, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

gently caress you GGG, I want my cat pieces right loving now