Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Flikken posted:

Ok, I have a work situation.

I work for a company that got bought out by a major competitor. This happened last August and they offered transition bonuses to people in key places like myself and the last bonus paid out a couple of weeks ago so this leads me to my dilemma. Officially I am still a Branch Manager without a branch, because my branch was chosen as the pilot to merge our two businesses and the merge happened January 10th, I am not the manager in charge the local guy from the buying company is running the show, poorly, but he is still running it.

The reason I am not is when they began preparations to merge our two branches the DVP asked me how I liked Altoona and I told him I would really like to get back to Ohio since that is where my friends and family are and the only thing holding me in Altoona is this job. They came back a couple of weeks later and offered me a position in a much larger branch in Ohio that would be a step lower in title and responsibilty but nearly a %25 bump in pay which I accepted, they started this process in November and verbally told me they are moving forward with me at that position back in January but I have yet to receive a formal offer letter or a date that I am moving.

Meanwhile I am working my rear end off at my current location trying to make this merge successful and though operations are running better than they were I am no longer making operational decisions and I am watching the current manager gently caress up relations with customers and employees. I have also heard rumblings that he is starting to skate on thin ice which does not bode well for my transfer, I am afraid they are dragging their feet to keep me in place in case they decide to let him go because they are unsure about him. They could not pay me enough to stay and run this specific operation, I have expressed to my former GM this but she is no longer my GM and that's a different can of worms. I guess I'm going to start actively seeking out another job even though I have 10 years with this company and I have worked hard to get where I am at.

Document, Document, Document. If questions come up, I strongly suggest you document and write up what you see going wrong. Cover your rear end.

If you can openly demonstrate through the chain of command the issues, and how they are screwing it up, I suspect they will see your side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Flikken posted:

They could not pay me enough to stay and run this specific operation. I guess I'm going to start actively seeking out another job even though I have 10 years with this company and I have worked hard to get where I am at.

Once your certain you could get another job, I'd have a very frank talk with them about this.

Just lay it on the table and see if they're willing to give you what you want in order to keep you.

Who knows, maybe they'll give you the job in Ohio just to keep you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just wish I could find a job.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just wish I could find a job.

Want to move to Michigan? :haw:

e: offer is semi-serious for most folks ITT, I just submitted a grant application that, if we are awarded it, has 70 FTE's budgeted and lordy that's a lot of staffing

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 4, 2019

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy poo poo, what kind of grant has the funding for 70 people?

That's some serious poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

not caring here posted:

Holy poo poo, what kind of grant has the funding for 70 people?

That's some serious poo poo.

One that gave me weeks of stress dreams.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

e: offer is semi-serious for most folks ITT, I just submitted a grant application that, if we are awarded it, has 70 FTE's budgeted and lordy that's a lot of staffing

Not particularly, but if the money is right who the gently caress knows where I'll be in a year.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

I graduate next year with my BA, otherwise I'd be interested.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not particularly, but if the money is right who the gently caress knows where I'll be in a year.

Ever look into the local cannabis worker market?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ever look into the local cannabis worker market?

$10/hr starting for a company that sells $55 eighths.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Haha. Goddamn florida loving sucks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Haha. Goddamn florida loving sucks.

Yup. And the bill that looks most likely to pass enabling smokable cannabis is going to be restricted to pre-rolled joints that will probably cost the same.

I don't know which way the governor is leaning, but there's a chance he might veto that and just drop the defense to the smoking ban law suit.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Flawda

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jesus gently caress.

I'm considering buying an old box truck, putting a trimmer in it, and starting my own little business. The trimmer market here is always hiring, because it's the most abundant job no one wants to do, as pay starts around $12/hr down here, vs $15/hr in Denver. Weed has to be harvested, companies can beg for trimmers but won't raise wages. Figure a poo poo old box truck, a used Twister or two, and I can just roll up to a grow, set my poo poo up and run weed. Got a guy I would hire in a heartbeat already, great at trimming and maintenance, that's being neglected at an offsite grow.

Still got that taco truck? It'd be an easy retrofit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sold the taco truck a year ago. They just finished paying it off. It's now a big green truck and they're doing alright for themselves.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm thinking of just taking my poo poo to a trimmer next time because trimming sucks and takes me forever by hand.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

How do you recognize our applications? Do we put SMDFTB in the professional honors section?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I figure some sort of dick watermark or embossing on the resume

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Claiming membership in the Sigma Mu Delta Phi Tau Beta fraternity

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On one hand: close-ish to family again, cool urbex opportunities in Detroit, weed is legal there now, too

On the other: Michigan

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

McNally posted:

Claiming membership in the Sigma Mu Delta Phi Tau Beta fraternity
brb

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EBB posted:

I'm thinking of just taking my poo poo to a trimmer next time because trimming sucks and takes me forever by hand.

Water with clean water about an hour before you cut, strip the fan leaves, hang that bitch up to dry. Leave the sugar leaf on, it'll crumble off nicely after a few days, and you can collect it for hash, clip the buds off and jar to cure. We do screen rack drying and curing, can't say I like it, but whatever, not my weed.

Also look for hybrids that aren't too leafy, like girl scout cookie or gorilla glue varieties. Cheeses seem pretty tame on the leaf front, but we have some poo poo here that is just loving awful to strip because it shits out like, five leaves per bud and most of those are small fans with little sugar. loving hate that strain, doesn't even taste decent.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
God loving damnit. The government is ripping my section out of the contract and releasing it as an 8A, Native American small business. Time to start talking to people for a late July/early August ejection plan. We've got 6 FTEs affected which means either my position evaporates or everyone I manage does. Pass.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

What the gently caress, you just got there.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I'm on a bridge contract until late July. There's a massive re-org going on inside of P&R because apparently they don't like having analytics people down at the portfolio level anymore. So they're ripping all the analytics people from their work and throwing them in CMO/OPA/etc. Which now means my previously 25 FTE contract (6+15+4) is down to 6 for labor on the policy side. And 6 + overhead is a nice small number that's ripe for an 8A firm fixed price contract that they're under quota to have anyway.

I mean I loving hated this gig overall but goddamnit I'm just getting into my groove. I told my people today that I'm willing to give up one person on my team, the rest of the small business people will have to eat into the overhead positions or work out some kind of labor/profit agreement. In the meantime I'm scheduling calls with other project/program/portfolio managers in my account for a contingency plan.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So the community college my son goes to for dual credit classes was peppered with neo-nazi fliers today.

The asshats have hit other colleges and universities in the last week as well

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Water with clean water about an hour before you cut, strip the fan leaves, hang that bitch up to dry. Leave the sugar leaf on, it'll crumble off nicely after a few days, and you can collect it for hash, clip the buds off and jar to cure. We do screen rack drying and curing, can't say I like it, but whatever, not my weed.

Also look for hybrids that aren't too leafy, like girl scout cookie or gorilla glue varieties. Cheeses seem pretty tame on the leaf front, but we have some poo poo here that is just loving awful to strip because it shits out like, five leaves per bud and most of those are small fans with little sugar. loving hate that strain, doesn't even taste decent.

I'll have to try that. I end up drying and curing the sugar trim anyways, and that's the part that takes the longest. Fan leaves are just zip zip zip done.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Syrian Lannister posted:

So the community college my son goes to for dual credit classes was peppered with neo-nazi fliers today.

The asshats have hit other colleges and universities in the last week as well

Get a group together, patrol the campus and tear them down carefully. You don't want to do that solo because they might be looking for an easy mark to jump, and you don't want to tear them down willy-nilly because they have been known to slide razor blades beneath them.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

And see if any forensic students from the CJ department want a project.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

redneck nazgul posted:

Get a group together, patrol the campus and tear them down carefully. You don't want to do that solo because they might be looking for an easy mark to jump, and you don't want to tear them down willy-nilly because they have been known to slide razor blades beneath them.

Is that not an urban legend? Am I suffering from bias from living in new england?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

Is that not an urban legend? Am I suffering from bias from living in new england?

Considering most of the Neo-Nazi / White Supremacist groups have been basically itching for a fight, like what the Proud Boys do, I wouldn't risk it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

I can't find concrete evidence of it happening in the States, but it's definitely happened with some of the more hardcore dipshits in Europe.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If you use a blowtorch you don't have to worry about razor blades, and they'll be less likely to gently caress with you.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I may be moving out of the T.R.A.I.L.E.R. this weekend!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Congratulations on relocating from the Southeast?

Kidding of course. Congrats though.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 5, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
That's so 2017.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i'm late to coffee chat but get on my level scrubs, i have people to bring me free barista made coffee every morning

it's somewhat balanced out by the fact that my workplaces constantly break and try to kill me, i'll admit

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I can make a close to barista quality latte with my Breville Nespresso's automatic steaming ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlR4PJn8b8I