Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

It amuses me that Bangalore, hardcore soldier #1, is one of the few characters that does not have a Woodland cameo skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Based on this one youtube video, I can safely say that Caustic and Gibraltar is the new meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOGk3JwOYNM

That shield dance at the end was *perfect*

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
this was one of most weirdly intense games I've played in a while. it consisted almost entirely of two extended fights and was 2v3 from very early on, with a nice amount of damage dealt, a bunch of sneaking to get my teammate back up twice, shooting at a branch and a wraith that was impossible to hit. Video's quite long but it really is just those two fights:

https://youtu.be/jUfIPofW_04

e: poo poo I think I rendered at 720p :(

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 4, 2019

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

VulgarandStupid posted:

Based on this one youtube video, I can safely say that Caustic and Gibraltar is the new meta.

my group calls this 'the Hawaiian hotbox' or 'the samoan dutch oven'

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

The technical term for this composition is "the dutch oven." Thank you.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Rex-Goliath posted:

e: To clarify I've won plenty of games but it was always with friends. This was the first time I've won solo-queuing

I think I've won more games micless solo queue than I have with friends and the ping system is entirely to thank for it

I remember suggesting something like it to my friends when PUBG was new and it's nice to be vindicated

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Solo queue is likely easier because they don't match you with full squads only duos or solo players.

Also going back to earlier chat, the longbow is good. It's situational like all snipers but out of the 3 it's the best, catch a squad in the open from 200 metres or so away and you can usually down 2 before they make it to cover if your aim is good. Get that initial hs with Skullpiercer and your first target will go down almost instantly after that. The triple take is too weak but the easiest to aim and the g7 at sniper distance you may as well be hitting them with spit balls. I usually rock it mid game where a lot of the fights are spread out more then drop it for something more close quarters for the end game smaller circle.

That 50 million video was so good, though would have been amazing if they added a release date for the battle pass at the end, yea I'm greedy.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 4, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Scout and Triple Take are both way better than the Longbow in my experience. You can spam the Scout and it can chew people up very fast, particularly if you can get chained headshots. Triple Take's high velocity + trivial drop makes it better at 150m+ and also better up close. Longbow is pretty good between 50m and 150m but any other time I'd rather have the other sniper rifles, since that Longbow RoF punishes misses big time.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wish electric ammo wasn't so scarce, gives picking the long bow or g7 better value.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

bushisms.txt posted:

Wish electric ammo wasn't so scarce, gives picking the long bow or g7 better value.

True but 40 shots for the Take Take Take and you're golden. It's really easy on the ammo.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Rex-Goliath posted:

Also for a while I was playing mainly as Pathfinder and holy moly they need to do something about the hit boxes. I just figured I was just bad at the game but when I switched over to Bloodhound I saw an immediate and dramatic improvement (I wasn't dying immediately in fights). That's a difficult balancing act though so it'll be interesting to see how they address it.

I main pathfinder but yeah, I've recently started trying bangalore and the difference is noticeable. I can't stay away from my robot boy too long though - the sheer mobility is such a joy to use.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

I guess I just use the g7 more as a battle rifle than a traditional sniper so I always feel like it's more for closer engagements than the other two snipers. It can shine in those situations though. And I've never really had an issue with the rof on the longbow but I think its just personal preference on how you like your snipers: more damage and lower rof vs the opposite. I just took umbridge with whoever called it garbage when it does its job well which I think is surprising teams in the distance moving in the open and getting a quick down for your team to rush and take advantage of.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

True but 40 shots for the Take Take Take and you're golden. It's really easy on the ammo.

Am I misremembering or doesn't the triple take use 3 bullets for every shot? So you chew through it faster. I haven't used it in a bit tbf.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Just Chamber posted:

Am I misremembering or doesn't the triple take use 3 bullets for every shot? So you can chew through it faster. I haven't used it in a bit tbf.

Nope, you get 3 - count 'em, 3 - zaps for the price of one!

edit: The Longbow ain't bad - in fact I've come around to the fact that other than the Mozamweak, there's no real bad guns in this game. Yeah even the P2020 is good in the right hands.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 4, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

UrbicaMortis posted:

I main pathfinder but yeah, I've recently started trying bangalore and the difference is noticeable. I can't stay away from my robot boy too long though - the sheer mobility is such a joy to use.

This is me. I'm trying to branch out, but grappling takes the game to a whole nother level.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Just Chamber posted:

Am I misremembering or doesn't the triple take use 3 bullets for every shot? So you chew through it faster. I haven't used it in a bit tbf.

The Double Take did use 2 bullets per shot, if you played TF|2 maybe you’re remembering that?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
how to get low poly mode:

go to your videconfig file
C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local\videoconfig.txt

change setting.r_lod_switch_scale to "0"

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Enkmar posted:

how to get low poly mode:

go to your videconfig file
C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local\videoconfig.txt

change setting.r_lod_switch_scale to "0"

This is a bit amusing.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

what the hell the drat warlord badge is broken :pwn:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
> LOADING GAME...
> GAME LOADED.
> RUNNING GAME. ALLOWING PLAYER TO LOOT.
> LOOT GAINED. B_LOOTQUALITY_ISHIGH = TRUE.
> PLAYER IS APPROACHING FIRST FIREFIGHT.
> ERROR. TEAMMATE_COMPETENCY_HIGH DETECTED.
> ERROR. PLAYER_FUN_THRESHOLD EXCEEDING MAXIMUM INTEGER OF 255.
> ERROR. ERROR. ERROR.
> CRASHING GAME...
> GAME CRASH SUCCESSFUL.
> HEARTBREAK DETECTED IN USER: SONGBEARER.
> SENDING JPG OF FINAL REACTION TO RESPAWN HEADQUARTERS.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Holy poo poo can people stop leaving the game when I'm sprinting towards their body to pick them back up.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

I had rando team with a pathfinder we respawned twice, dies a third time and then just quits while we went on to win the game.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I enjoy that you get awarded kills if you kill someone with a grenade after your squad is eliminated

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SKULL.GIF posted:

Holy poo poo can people stop leaving the game when I'm sprinting towards their body to pick them back up.

Yeah I'm wondering if it's a connection issue sometimes or people who have literally no idea respawning is a thing, since I've seen folks do it in like textbook 'we won the engagement, sucks they focused you' scenarios in the first 5 minutes of a match. One dude even did it AFTER I picked up his banner and was hoofing it to a beacon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it me or is this game generally pretty laggy until about half the squads are dead lately

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I CTD at least once a night. Never when I'm dead, though. Only at the worst possible times.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Usually this game just doesn't crash for me but gently caress off is it doing it at the worst possible times tonight. Literally about to win a match and it loving crashes just as I'm balls deep in a fight aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAGH

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

It’s weird how you can go through phases of similar matches. Yesterday the trend was very talkative teammates, tonight it’s wiping 2-3 squads before being killed in the first 5 minutes of the game, then getting insulting messages from teammates I carried.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Three crashes in a row in the top 5... anything I may be doing to cause these?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Tom Tucker posted:

Three crashes in a row in the top 5... anything I may be doing to cause these?

the game is unstable. end of story.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I have crashed in every imaginable scenario in game.

I almost have sense for it now, like I' can foresee it coming. Not like it chugs or frames slow or anything but I can FEEL the CTD coming.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I've had the CTD once and it was at the most heartbreaking moment: Rounding the corner behind 2 last enemies while they are shooting my squadmates. They don't know I'm there. I have a peacekeeper. I click - POOF
Desktop.

Friend I play with is lucky to make it through two games in three for how much he crashes.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

HKS posted:

I have crashed in every imaginable scenario in game.

I almost have sense for it now, like I' can foresee it coming. Not like it chugs or frames slow or anything but I can FEEL the CTD coming.

often a ram hitch feels like a crash and the error feels like a ram issue but who knows

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SKULL.GIF posted:

loving this

I stayed past my Respawn timer because I'd revived them earlier and wanted to see how they did and "we" won! :3:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

pigz posted:

This is a bit amusing.

I tried it, while it was neat I wasn't able to navigate the terrain.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

John DiFool posted:

I had rando team with a pathfinder we respawned twice, dies a third time and then just quits while we went on to win the game.

It should be a feature that players who quit when downed get notified when their squad goes on to win the game. :byewhore:

Kerm
Jun 17, 2003

VIDEO GAME RINGTONES

Just Chamber posted:

Solo queue is likely easier because they don't match you with full squads only duos or solo players.

People keep saying this but I don't think it's definitely true. Maybe during busy hours there's enough people playing for it, but I played solo yesterday around 2-4am EST and I was constantly seeing champion 3 stacks of level 100 TTV players. No way that was a coincidence.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I crashed while there were 2 squads left trying to get a bangalore win for the achievement. We had a sneaking suspicion the last team was bad and hiding, my duo won the 1v3 and I was sad. Got a win 2 games later so all was good in the end.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I don't get it though, Titanfall 2 never crashed this much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Anidav posted:

I don't get it though, Titanfall 2 never crashed this much.

They've modified the engine for Apex, I imagine. TF|2 runs perfectly on my Phenom II and Apex doesn't run at all lmbo