Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Idk I guess some of these new spell numbers are nice but I don't see anything that's really going to move the needle. Rip arc of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This could be really nice for non ranger cyclone

Onslaught Support
Now grants supported skills a 10% chance on Hitting a Unique Enemy to grant Onslaught for 3 Seconds.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

quote:

Arc
Mana Cost at gem level 1 is now 8 (was 9).
Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 23 (was 26).
Now has a cast time of 0.7 seconds (from 0.8).
Now deals 6 to 33 Lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 7 to 37) and 133 to 754 Lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 152 to 862).
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 80% (from 90%).
Lowered the range at which Arc can chain from 50 units to 25 units.

:rip:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

The Shortest Path posted:

Would you mind sharing? Cheap easy builds sound great to cruise through a new league with when I haven't played in a couple, and I've done a lot of the more popular cheap builds previously.

When I get home from work I'll dig it out if his profile is public

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ED Trickster looking real good

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I have a feeling that "Enchantments (such as those found from the Labyrinth) now have their own mod slot on items. They no longer use the Implicit mod slot." is going to make the minion damage node a lot more powerful than it was previously, since now you can rock a +40% damage helmet almost for free

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Arctic Breath, Frost Bolt, shock nova seem to be, at least numerically some of the spells buffed the most.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Traxis posted:

ED Trickster looking real good

Yeah ED got a huge buff.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

I have a feeling that "Enchantments (such as those found from the Labyrinth) now have their own mod slot on items. They no longer use the Implicit mod slot." is going to make the minion damage node a lot more powerful than it was previously, since now you can rock a +40% damage helmet almost for free

20%. They nerfed it.

I like all these changes.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

13% less Arc damage at level 20 and half the chain range. That's a huge RIP.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
"Lightning Trap
Now deals 18 to 54 Lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 19 to 58) and 466 to 1399 Lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 391 to 1174).
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 135% (from 100%)."

Lit trap was a sleeper already, and this is a pretty substantial buff. Ice trap also got buffed, fire unchanged (200% damage effectiveness lol)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Occultist untouched :downsa:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

quote:

Ethereal Knives

Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 20 (was 23).
Now deals 7 to 10 Physical damage at gem level 1 (from 6 to 9) and 633 to 949 Physical damage at gem level 20 (from 457 to 685).
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 120% (from 100%).

Is that a more than 50% damage buff taking into account the effectiveness?

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
Those trickster numbers seem pretty crazy.
5% of your evasion recovered as ES is higher than I thought it would be and it still gets to keep the +ES from body/+EV from helm as well as conditional stun immunity.
The "while you have energy shield" bonuses feels like overkill. 10% movement speed, 5% attack and 20% spell dodge (and up to 36% attack and cast speed from shrouds) are just really nice things to have.

Reaching 15k-20k evasion without flasks shouldn't be too hard. That gives you 750-1000 ES recovered on damage every second. If you pop flasks and get some better gear it starts to get pretty insane.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Implicit nerfs - Bone Helmet down to 20% max (rips) and two-toned boots down to 12% max.

You can now have only one quality affix per item.

Fossils are significantly rare below level 58, but don't worry, Sulphite Scarabs now max out at 60% instead of 150% and shrines might eat your sulphite spawns.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Hmm...thinking more on the leech changes - do they apply to (the few sources left of) instant leech as well? If so, RIP bloodseeker too.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

All aboard the trickster divine ire train!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

As if the leech changes weren't enough

quote:

Ascendant - Slayer
No longer grants 20% increased Damage while Leeching. Now grants 30% increased area of Effect if you've Killed Recently (up from 20%). Now also grants 50% reduced Maximum Recovery per Life Leech.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Literally crying irl about Arc passing.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

frajaq posted:

Occultist untouched :downsa:

Occultist and HoAg untouched, so I think I'm going with my build even with the curse nerfs. It was so OP last league anyway that I'm not sure how noticeable the curse changes will be.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

20% spell dodge on trickster makes it pretty darn easy to cap, pretty cool.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Ek, Frost Bolt, shockwave totem, and ICE TRAP got a big damage boost on the top end. Freeze pulse and shock nova get some good buffs as well.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Traxis posted:

As if the leech changes weren't enough

:regd08:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Captainicus posted:

All aboard the trickster divine ire train!
Choo choo motherfucker! If it sucks, I can always audible into a fireball combust prolif build, or an essence drain build, or a caustic arrow build, or any of a million other builds. Fireball got a nice little buff.

I always liked trickster a lot, but it felt a little bit outclassed. Curious to see how the changes go.

That said, I still foresee this being the league of the occultist. Curious to see if ice traps will be more popular too, since their buff was pretty giant.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Never played storm call so I'm thinking inquisitor SC with a staff to sample the changes to all three. SC getting a nice numbers boost and the new spell seal thingy looks like it will be better feeling vs. single target.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Looks like Storm Brand Elementalist is a go for me. Will likely respec into some kind of occultist once I can get some currency and ES gear.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Mod tiers displayed with the Advanced Mod Description key now display their tier based on what that item type can legitimately reach. In other words, a ring with the highest possible Life roll a ring may obtain will now say it is a T1 mod, even if that same mod on a Body Armour would be T5.
:sotw:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm likely doing Soulrend Occultist.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

quote:

You are now less likely to find fossils at depths shallower than 58, and more likely to find fossils at deeper depths.

GGG, I thank you for making my Dense Fossils even more valuable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

Flame Totem/Holy Flame Totem
Flame Totem has been renamed. It is now Holy Flame Totem.
Now creates Consecrated Ground at the totem’s location. This consecrated ground grants Curse Immunity.
Now deals Physical Damage, and converts 50% of Physical Damage to Fire Damage.
Now deals 3 to 5 Physical Damage at gem level 1 (from 1 to 2 Fire Damage), up to 134 to 202 at gem level 20 (from 122 to 183).
Now costs 11 mana to cast at gem level 1 (from 12) up to 39 mana at gem level 20 (from 42).
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 30% (from 25%).
Now fires 2 additional projectiles at all levels (previously gained additional projectiles at gem levels 5 and 9). These projectiles fire in a wider cone than previously.
Now has 20% more Totem Life.
Now gains 1% increased Projectile Speed per 1% quality (previously gained 1% increased Totem Life per 1% quality).
Is now considered ‘Channelling’, and will be affected by things which modify Channelled skills.

This looks like it may be good. Will CWC work in it now ?

20% proj speed is pretty huge buff if I remember flame totem mechanics.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 6, 2019

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

quote:

You are now less likely to find fossils at depths shallower than 58, and more likely to find fossils at deeper depths.

RIP the only fun way I've ever found in this game to make consistently decent amounts of currency

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

This looks like it may be good. Will CWC work in it now ?

20% proj speed is pretty huge buff if I remember flame totem mechanics.

CWC has not traditionally worked in totems before so I doubt it

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Really tempted to try some sort of Chaos DoT trickster but I should probably stay the course and do a double strike glad or champion to farm lab.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ohhhh shiiiiiit Cloak of Tawm'r Isley is back!

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
my first character is for sure gonna be some kind of chaos trickster that will have the possibility of pivoting to the newly buffed death's oath I just need to find a good build that could have that easy pivot because betrayal I leveled a death's oath specifically and god waiting for level 70 for your build to turn on sucks

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Reddit thread (yes I know) saying that barrage alternates hands *per projectile* when dw wands, so maybe PP isn't totally dead

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Grimoire posted:

Reddit thread (yes I know) saying that barrage alternates hands *per projectile* when dw wands, so maybe PP isn't totally dead

that is what the wiki says:

Dual wielding: The total number of projectiles fired by Barrage does not change while wielding two weapons. An attack with Barrage uses both weapons, alternating between each weapon for each projectile fired.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

glad arc is nerfed

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Blade Vortex is now even worse to level with, why did they do this? It does HALF the damage at level one. HALF.

...wait didn't they list Discharge as one of the spells needing a nerf since it was exclusively autocast? Instead, it got buffed in damage *and* cast speed.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EK nova + Abyss helmet inquis is BACK baby