Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

My spell comparison spreadsheet is mostly updated now, just waiting on level 21+ gem info. File -> make a copy if you want to be able to sort or toggle supports.

New skills look ok, numerically, but nothing special, though most of them have unusual scaling that'll make them interesting (Soulrend has cast speed/duration/slower projectiles, Storm Burst has duration scaling, etc). The support gems are all really nice, a lot of skills have actual choices to be made now that didn't before. Overall the rebalancing looks really good, no more extreme over/underpowered spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Anyone have an idea if the numbers on Holy Flame Totem are ok damage-wise?
I'm thinking to SSF start with it.

Chieftain seems nice for the easy 100% conversion.
Hiero seems the logical choice for additional totems and placement speed.
Inq could be possible for Consecrated Ground synergy / crit.

I'm leaning towards Hiero + Avatar of Fir (?).
Anyone have some advice on what links you would add?

edit: After more thought I might pick Chieftain. Seems like a straight-forward starter and Covered in Ash should be very nice for bosses.

Acht fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Mar 7, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m probably starting chieftain for leech, taunt and reflect immune.

Earn currency for an occultist.

Scaling should be solid with 100% phys conversion.

You will want gem quality ASAP.

I’m thinking I may forgo ancestral bond as well in order to use consecrated path (Crit, regen, curse application) or the new wave spell (ranged fire debuff, curse application) or maybe the new purifying flame.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 7, 2019

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Thinking of going spark/OoS.

Should I go occ for some sexy ES or elementalist for some sweet damage?

Going to end up with a shavs, should I go low life too?

Should I 4L spark and 6L OoS for crazy boss damage or 6L spark.

Should I just get a good shaper/elder staff and 6L spark and then use a 6L body for OoS?

How the gently caress do I even build a passive tree for this :(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tai posted:

Thinking of going spark/OoS.

Should I go occ for some sexy ES or elementalist for some sweet damage?

Going to end up with a shavs, should I go low life too?

Should I 4L spark and 6L OoS for crazy boss damage or 6L spark.

Should I just get a good shaper/elder staff and 6L spark and then use a 6L body for OoS?

How the gently caress do I even build a passive tree for this :(

Baby mode pob strategy: make a 6 link in pob and then turn on passive node weighting to show how much damage certain nodes adds. Then route to them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Acht posted:

Anyone have an idea if the numbers on Holy Flame Totem are ok damage-wise?
I'm thinking to SSF start with it.

Chieftain seems nice for the easy 100% conversion.
Hiero seems the logical choice for additional totems and placement speed.
Inq could be possible for Consecrated Ground synergy / crit.

I'm leaning towards Hiero + Avatar of Fir (?).
Anyone have some advice on what links you would add?

edit: After more thought I might pick Chieftain. Seems like a straight-forward starter and Covered in Ash should be very nice for bosses.

before you do you should really make a pob and just see the numbers yourself

honestly at first glance to me it looks just too low

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

POb doesn’t have the new flame totem yet I don’t think.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

vortex / coldsnap give me sweet sweet shatter sounds right?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I think I'm settled on ED / Soulrend trickster but should I go CI or just stay with life??????

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

vortex / coldsnap give me sweet sweet shatter sounds right?

Sometimes but not every pack. They have to die to the hit and the hit has to crit/freeze them. Now that I think about it, it would be way better if enemies that died to cold damage over time shattered

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Arrhythmia posted:

I think I'm settled on ED / Soulrend trickster but should I go CI or just stay with life??????

Start as life, spec into LL/CI as desired.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I heard they halved divine ire's max stacks already?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

So I want to only play one character this league, and take it into endgame, and have it be off-meta, what are my options?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zmej posted:

I heard they halved divine ire's max stacks already?

I heard that too but apparently its not true as confirmed by Rory. Its 20 stages

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Dance Officer posted:

So I want to only play one character this league, and take it into endgame, and have it be off-meta, what are my options?

Cyclone

Quek
Aug 7, 2006
Its possible people are confused because Divine Ire has two checkpoints for its stacks. At 10 stacks it reaches maximum SIZE while at 20 it reaches maximum DAMAGE.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Dance Officer posted:

Every melee skill in the game is off meta this league, so whichever one from last league that floats your boat

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Every melee skill in the game is off meta this league, so whichever one from last league that floats your boat

I'm bad at the game though. The only reason I managed to do uber elder last league was because I had ice golems do disgusting amounts of damage while I could focus on dodging poo poo.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

MMF Freeway posted:

I heard that too but apparently its not true as confirmed by Rory. Its 20 stages
lol that owns. it's gonna be pretty darn good

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I really wanna see that on totems. I bet it sounds just as good as flameblast totems.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Dance Officer posted:

I'm bad at the game though. The only reason I managed to do uber elder last league was because I had ice golems do disgusting amounts of damage while I could focus on dodging poo poo.

You probably want some sort of Jugg. Molten Strike will be the most meta. Tectonic Slam and Consecrated Path should be good too.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Since everyone will be ci or heavy es this league what will be the rares to look out for other than 800 es chests?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I did uber elder for the first time a couple of leagues ago with a grelwood molten strike jugg. Good damage, insanely tanky with Igoh stuff. Since then the tankiness has been nerfed a bit but it should still be pretty good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vapor Moon posted:

Since everyone will be ci or heavy es this league what will be the rares to look out for other than 800 es chests?

Boots gloves and helmets? Crystal belts? Lol

'Stuff with es'

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Vapor Moon posted:

or a high ES chest that has an open prefix that would allow a craft to bump up the ES.

like I'm going EB MoM and a chest with like 500 ES will be plenty for me. the funny thing is CI/ES gear was pricey just because people weren't picking it up off the ground since it wasn't popular for a long time. so the prices might not go up much. dense fossils however lol

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

You really need the fossil only suffix to make decent CI gear yeah. Even the best of the best poo poo you can pick up off the ground will seldom be worth more than whatever a handful of dense fossils cost.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man I just realized the chaos Impresence is going to skyrocket in price

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

HoAg Occultist or Spectre Necromancer.

Can’t choose.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Can you slap on phys to lightning conversion gem into spells? I'm thinking of trying out a fully lightning wave of conviction build to see how it plays maybe slap on some OoS for extra single target

J
Jun 10, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Can you slap on phys to lightning conversion gem into spells? I'm thinking of trying out a fully lightning wave of conviction build to see how it plays maybe slap on some OoS for extra single target

Yeah phys to lightning works with spells.

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013

Oodles posted:

HoAg Occultist or Spectre Necromancer.

Can’t choose.

I'm going with spectres myself since I've never tried them before.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Trying to setup a new filter for this league using filterblade. I noticed last time through there was just so much stuff that I could still see that wasn't worth picking up. But I'm worried that if I set my filter to strict I'll miss some stuff that could actually be useful (especially while leveling).

Anyone have any tips on how to setup the best filter for me? I realize that everyone probably has their own methods that work for them but I'm not really familiar with any of the common mistakes that might be made with this. I'm mostly just looking for a filter that will show me stuff that's worth considering at the very least, or stuff that's worth currency items.

And in the late game show me mostly the good stuff. Although at the same time I also want to do the Chaos recipe which is gonna make a bunch of crap show up anyway :/. Not really sure what the best inbetween would be here.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
You could just download the entire pack of default filters and move up in strictness as you progress.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Any idea if Poet's Pens will still be unobtainable at league start? Everyone's saying they dumpstered them but I have a feeling like I still won't be able to get ahold of any for leveling early on.

How does one even trade for them early league when all I'd have is a pile of alts and maybe one or two chaos?

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

How does one even trade for them early league when all I'd have is a pile of alts and maybe one or two chaos?

You don't

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PP rarity was majorly increased last league.

I’d guess they’d be in the 50c range the first week after the nerf. Iirc it was over 100c at the beginning of betrayal

euphronius fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 7, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zero VGS posted:

:thunk:

remember
Nov 23, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Trying to setup a new filter for this league using filterblade. I noticed last time through there was just so much stuff that I could still see that wasn't worth picking up. But I'm worried that if I set my filter to strict I'll miss some stuff that could actually be useful (especially while leveling).

Anyone have any tips on how to setup the best filter for me? I realize that everyone probably has their own methods that work for them but I'm not really familiar with any of the common mistakes that might be made with this. I'm mostly just looking for a filter that will show me stuff that's worth considering at the very least, or stuff that's worth currency items.

And in the late game show me mostly the good stuff. Although at the same time I also want to do the Chaos recipe which is gonna make a bunch of crap show up anyway :/. Not really sure what the best inbetween would be here.

I usually level with Neversink regular then I move up to Strict when I'm res capped post Kitava 2 then I move up to super strict when I get annoyed that I keep picking up stupid rares or uniques.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I'm seriously considering making a quad-herald. Fire/Shock/Ice/Agony. What would be the best weapon/class for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Use the semi-strict while leveling, then swap to strict once you're sick of the chaos recipe.