Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The crit ascendancy is pretty bad and you can and probably should run the path ascendancy with both.

Is it really that bad? I've always liked it because it lets you path as if crit was the most important thing and inc crit over a pen gem is nice for consistency. Was gonna take that + the conc ground path for my divine ire inquis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The crit ascendancy is pretty bad
???
100% critmulti and full ele penetration of all elements is pretty okay, mister.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

you can and probably should run the path ascendancy with both.
Yes.

Instruments of Virtue/Augury is just plain worse than path now.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

ZenVulgarity posted:

I want to play with this group

Addamere posted:

My buddy and I (DrTempest) are going to be running a Necromancer and something. Can we play with you?

Sure. We can invite people in. But you gotta voice chat with us. :getin:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I'm having a hell of a time trying to decide between hoag occultist (for scalability), winter orb occultist (for the nutso clear), and chaos occultist (because it's new) :(

Choosing what to play is simply the hardest part of poe

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

So -- what's a skill/element that hits a bunch super fast so I generate shared charges for everyone? Also, do brands leech?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ball lightning maybe? And yeah brands do leech

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ball lightning is my go-to for applying curses/culling so it'll probably work for generating charges

Elerion
May 31, 2011
I think storm burst is the new king of hits/sec, but you’ll have to channel.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Crit Storm Burst Trickster: https://pastebin.com/8C4WrbgT

ES, Could get a Shav's and go LL. Generates charges with Swift Killer. Probably add on Vaal Storm Call for and Vaal RF for boss deeps.

Looking for thoughts/feedback if anyone has any.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Elerion posted:

I think storm burst is the new king of hits/sec, but you’ll have to channel.

Nice. Next question, in terms of Orbs of Storm combined with it, does each channeling proc count as a use or is it single use when the channeling starts?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

octavian posted a fireball occ i'll probably start with

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Dahbadu posted:

Nice. Next question, in terms of Orbs of Storm combined with it, does each channeling proc count as a use or is it single use when the channeling starts?

That behaviour appears to be weird.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a38wzg/orb_of_storms_extra_lightning_procs_and/

E: actually read this one for actual testing of how it works. TLDR: Channeling spells proc OOS twice per second, always.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a38wzg/orb_of_storms_extra_lightning_procs_and/

Elerion fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 8, 2019

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Oh dang, that helps. Thanks!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've literally never played a bow build, please someone recommend one that's fast to level on leaguestart and doesn't chump to bosses (taking ages to kill leveling bosses with a clearspeed build is the #1 worst leveling feeling)

Honestly I probably won't play enough to see much endgame this league anyway so it doesn't have to be amazing once I get to that point as long as leveling is smooth and breezy and it kills early maps with a cheap bow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Insurrectionist posted:

I've literally never played a bow build, please someone recommend one that's fast to level on leaguestart and doesn't chump to bosses (taking ages to kill leveling bosses with a clearspeed build is the #1 worst leveling feeling)

Honestly I probably won't play enough to see much endgame this league anyway so it doesn't have to be amazing once I get to that point as long as leveling is smooth and breezy and it kills early maps with a cheap bow

Storm cloud rain of arrows

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Rain of Arrows Herald of Agony Champion but most of your damage is going to come from the Agony Crawler. Otherwise you could probably make some sort of Ranger Scourge arrow build work. Cold Deadeye or Lighting Raider. Elemental hit deadeye could work too but you'll be leveling as rain of arrows most likely.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I've decided on a build with several hours to spare. I feel I have really grown as a person making this decision, and will lose this feeling instantly when I inevitably change it three more times before launch.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
Haven't played for many a league, I heard melee isn't any good now, is this true? I want to be strong...

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Can I get a goon guild invite for Cyclone_Ben_Garrison?

TIA

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Elerion posted:

That behaviour appears to be weird.

E: actually read this one for actual testing of how it works. TLDR: Channeling spells proc OOS twice per second, always.

This is super, helpful. Thanks!

Also, woah, I just looked at the new skills. The new Zealotry aura looks baller. I'm kinda tempted to do Orb of Storms plus Wave of Conviction, although it won't generate as many hits as Ball Lightning.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lonter posted:

Haven't played for many a league, I heard melee isn't any good now, is this true? I want to be strong...

play vaal double strike and you'll be totally fine

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
any good two handed weapon melee builds?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

any good two handed weapon melee builds?

If you're lucky there might be some next league. Melee is pretty dead rn and 2h melee is super dead

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I did 2h Tecslam with a Voidforge last league. It was very good.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Consecrated Path should work with a Voidforge too.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I did heavy strike jugg with starforge and it was fine two seasons ago. Bit low on the damage but ridonculous survivability.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Like you really can still do very good 2h builds, it's just unfortunate that the pool of endgame++ viable choices is a lot lower than other playstyles currently.

Voidforge is probably the best 2h weapon right now.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

yea I'm pretty sure anything with voidforge and EE will poop out damage and those swords are low demand/cheap right now

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am going to make a Disintegration based CoC character this league, probably mid-league around character #4-5. Because the new EK is bonkers and I haven't made a CoC character since Fakener in Talisman league.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
3 hours UGH

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

2h is still pretty good if you want to start farming uberlab by tomorrow. Kondo's Pride is always cheap, and is 'good enough' to get to some labbing.

Past that though, yeah, it is rough out there. Voidforge is strong, sure, but it isn't exactly a starter. It also takes some work to make good. You don't just equip it and become a damage god.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Patch up on Steam

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

For soulrend + bane , do I want skill effect duration? Or is it a luxury?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

nyttyn posted:

I'm planning on getting one duration cluster.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

nyttyn posted:

You'll want one cluster.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

nyttyn posted:

Not really. Bane lasts for like 6sec with 2 curses, if one is temp chains. Soulrend should last like 0.6sec with temp chains, vs 0.8sec cast time. And it might refresh itself once While passing through. The gap will also be closed by curse effect, incidental cast speed from tree and gear and Efficacy.

Inc duration will likely be a very minimal dps boost if any for that setup.

Elerion fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 8, 2019

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Rate my EB + MoM Divine Ire build you bastards https://pastebin.com/y1dkMBz8

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Captain Foo posted:

firetrap rainbow will still wreck face

NitroSpazzz posted:

You're probably aware of it but check out Octavian's Rainbow Trapper - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2173888/page/16 Stacking flat elemental to abuse 200% damage effectiveness on fire trap. A lot of the traps got buffed for 3.6 as well.

If I don't start RF I'll probably go this route. Clear isn't as good as the old arc traps but it's still pretty quick.

I wasnt aware of it actually, thanks!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm likely doing:

Bane/Enfeeble/Temporal Chains/Despair/Swift Affliction/Efficacy

Soulrend/Void Manipulation/Swift Affliction/Efficacy/Controlled Destruction/Intensify? I don't know about the 6th.

Will likely level as ED/Contagion until I figure it out. Might not even go staves, might have Soulrend in a 4L or Pseudo-5L somewhere.

edit: also Decay support is A LOT of loving damage now. I'm gonna have to play around with this.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
9 loving GIGS?

also gonna do the SR Trickster into Ignite Fireball, first time ever not going Berserker as first character :toot: