Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

univbee posted:

You still need the disc, though, the game won't launch without either the disc or a digital license. But it would be nice since the majority of people can get games physically cheaper than digital, so this would workaround let you get these same prices for digital, assuming a 1:1 trade.
Yeah but I mean the concept is the same. You buy a cheap used game and then get the digital license for it. I don't see how doing it through a retailer would change that. Gamestop would obviously not be allowed to resell any discs that get turned into digital copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

American McGay posted:

Yeah but I mean the concept is the same. You buy a cheap used game and then get the digital license for it. I don't see how doing it through a retailer would change that. Gamestop would obviously not be allowed to resell any discs that get turned into digital copies.

But BC with a physical disc is not a digital license. You'll always need the disc to start the game, even though it uses it for nothing but to check your ownership.

That rumored trade-in scheme would give you actual disc-free digital licenses instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What if they buried all the used games back in the ET hole?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The Sad Box is interesting but I’m more curious to see what Microsoft announces at GDC regarding compatibility with other platforms. I’m already thinking about replacing my iPad with a Surface for home game streaming, but if I can do that with a Switch or my iPhone then that’s even better.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

So GameStop sells a fuckload of used games that are otherwise taking up space and Microsoft gets a pile of ~engagement~

Whose day is ruined by this, again?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

American McGay posted:

A 1TB 5400rpm drive (because lol you know that's what's gonna be in there) is like $20 for a normal citizen, which means it would probably cost Microsoft about $3.

For reference in August 2017 I got an 8TB external drive with hub to use with my Xbox for £180, last years version is £160. I’m guessing internal drives are even cheaper than that.
Edit: I could grab a 4TB external drive for £100.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Real hurthling! posted:

What if they buried all the used games back in the ET hole?

Sadly this is exactly what will happen except dumped in a pile in poor Chinese villages and/or the ocean.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Aquaman gonna be mad at satya nadella

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Forget Nadella, Aquaman should be pissed at whoever developed his game for the original Xbox

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Barudak posted:

Forget Nadella, Aquaman should be pissed at whoever developed his game for the original Xbox

Seamus Blackley bless you, sweet summer child, but original xbox was best console ever made (except for maybe original dreamcast)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why is the Xbox sad??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Why is the Xbox sad??

Lack of drive is a symptom of depression

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Lack of drive is a symptom of depression

:captainpop:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Bad free game alert

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1104186398465114112?s=21

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

Seamus Blackley bless you, sweet summer child, but original xbox was best console ever made (except for maybe original dreamcast)

The original Xbox is fine, its the Aquaman game itself that was a stinker

As a massive fan of Crackdown 1 and 3, no. No I wont be playing this.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The BC library is pretty well filled-out at this point - so much that I'm surprised to find out Crackdown 2 wasn't already part of it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

The BC library is pretty well filled-out at this point - so much that I'm surprised to find out Crackdown 2 wasn't already part of it

Still waiting for Sonic 06 :argh:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Why

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its funny

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

I am legit stoked about this. I maintain that while it's not as good as 1 or 3, it's still pretty fun. It has 4 player coop, and wingsuits. While the campaign runs out of steam almost immediately, it's still fun for a mindless romp with friends. Especially for free.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
is the new one crackdown 3 or 4

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TheScott2K posted:

Yeah, there's a handful of things I'd like to see but most of them are probably hosed due to licensing. Or redundancy. Or both.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

heeheex2 posted:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

heeheex2 posted:

Funnily enough, it's actually Crackdown One, not to be confused with Crackdown(2007)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, there's a handful of things I'd like to see but most of them are probably hosed due to licensing. Or redundancy. Or both.

My 360 is basically an NCAA 14 and Tiger Woods 09 machine at this point. I look at my shelf of physical 360 games and the ones that I can't just put in my Xbone are a pretty small minority.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

I feel like it's not unreasonable for me to keep wanting MechAssualt BC, I mean hell the game still has a community that plays it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go4Uc4kdSAE

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BattleTech posted:

I feel like it's not unreasonable for me to keep wanting MechAssualt BC, I mean hell the game still has a community that plays it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go4Uc4kdSAE

Give me Mechassault, give me 50 Cent: Bulletproof, and give me OG Ninja Gaiden, no bloody black, sigma, c, or d

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What kinds of sicko likes normal NG over Black.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RBX posted:

What kinds of sicko likes normal NG over Black.

Somehow it's the only one I ever managed to beat. Mostly I want it for comparison sake.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Make Chromehounds BC please and thankyou

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SquirrelGrip posted:

Make Chromehounds BC please and thankyou

Only if they bring back the online.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Make Blitz The League BC because I've apparently had it in the trunk of my last 3 cars

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Halo MCC officially coming to PC, no eta.

e: Coming to Steam too. Reach being added to MCC too.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Still waiting on Max Payne 3 motherfuckers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Master race chief

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Well that was a real loving boring Inside Xbox, hopefully they got some good poo poo lines up for E3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They have literally all there is to show at e3

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Maneki Neko posted:

Well that was a real loving boring Inside Xbox, hopefully they got some good poo poo lines up for E3

[40 minute montage of mobile ports]

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Maneki Neko posted:

I honestly expect they will be showing more stuff coming to PC, both old and new. There will probably be a big Halo Infinite reveal or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Weird anomaly: Burnout 3 was originally an Xbox Original game with 360 back compat and available as a digital purchase, but it doesn't currently have One back compat. Are there many more games like this? Seems like a weird outlier.

BLACK, an Xbox Original game with 360 back compat made by the same developer works with the One.

I just wanna do some road rage on my OLED. (Also before you recommend B4, I'm not as nostalgic for that one).