Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

kcroy posted:

You mean the one made of metal so rare Tywin can't even buy one with all his gold? That was a bit of oversight on the GRRMs part for sure.

Having a dagger of one while all the cool kids have giant swords probably just makes him even more angry which is why he doesn't give a poo poo about it to the point that even Joffrey can get ahold of it and no one gives a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

GRRM getting horny on main will never not be funny

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I gotten to the part where Joffrey bites and people are all "Tyrion did it!" because he was there holding the cup. As if he'd perform an assassination in person in front of 200 witnesses.

This is even dumber than the dagger thing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Are you in love with Tyrion or something

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

esperterra posted:

Are you in love with Tyrion or something

A little bit.

Though my true love remains the tickler.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Katt posted:

I gotten to the part where Joffrey bites and people are all "Tyrion did it!" because he was there holding the cup. As if he'd perform an assassination in person in front of 200 witnesses.

This is even dumber than the dagger thing.

And what do you think is going to happen to you if you argue with Cersei on this one?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm not sure why you're assuming a bunch of people living in the equivalent of medieval times are going to be real big critical thinking fans

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Katt posted:

As if he'd perform an assassination in person in front of 200 witnesses.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

And what do you think is going to happen to you if you argue with Cersei on this one?

Loss of head?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Katt posted:

Loss of head?

If you're lucky.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

You ever think the guy playing Theon ever wondered like "how did my living garbage sack ever outlive all these fancy protagonists?"

I am personally kind of amazed.

In contrast there's the guy playing Barristan Selmy. I heard he was a bit upset about how his character ended in the show. Having read the book he imagined he would play a larger role.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

yeah there’s chapters out where he commands this huge army and instead he gets ganked by a bunch of mooks with knives in an alleyway

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I was ok with where he ended but I agree with the folks saying the supposed greatest swordsman of all time probably should have rcvd some stunt-double action scene treatment showing it as he went down and maybe died on a literal pile of people he ganked on the way

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Katt posted:

You ever think the guy playing Theon ever wondered like "how did my living garbage sack ever outlive all these fancy protagonists?"

I am personally kind of amazed.

In contrast there's the guy playing Barristan Selmy. I heard he was a bit upset about how his character ended in the show. Having read the book he imagined he would play a larger role.

They culled a lot of people once they knew from GRRM how it was going to end. You could take from that that all the plots related to people only within Danny's orbit weren't going anywhere. Same goes for the Tyrells.

Jorah appears to only exist now to get Sam back towards the wall.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
The only thing Selmy adds to Dany's plot in the book was telling her that the greenseer that Arya talks to in the riverlands once predicted that the Prince that was Promised would be a descendent of the Mad King.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Typical Goon posted:

The only thing Selmy adds to Dany's plot in the book was telling her that the greenseer that Arya talks to in the riverlands once predicted that the Prince that was Promised would be a descendant of the Mad King.

He also served as a tie to her past, a barometer of her own craziness, and part of me wondered if he would be the one to cut her down when she goes fire crazy.

Unrelated. I saw a show clip last night, and it had Dany bitching at Jon, about how she had sacrificed "one of her dragons". And it struck me what a weird thing to say. I mean they were like her children, you'd think she would have used its proper name. She made it sound like a chess move or something.

Katt posted:

Tyrion and Sansa are both victims in this thing and all she does is poo poo on him for how he has was born.

Found the dwarf

Katt posted:

Sansa is an infuriatingly horrible person.

Yeah, she is very much written that way. The problem with the show is they aged everyone up. I mean she's 11/12 in the first book. Of course she is making poor / vain decisions. And look how GRRM has broken this "princess". She is completely unprepared to handle the reality of her life - they kill her Wolf, they kill her entire family, her dream king turns into a psychopath, and when she finally thinks she's out - they marry her to the shittiest Lannister they have ( from pretty much everyone's point of view ). Of course she is horrified by the alcoholic, disfigured STD ridden dwarf imp. She is a princess, and she's been given to the evil runt who sleeps with whores, and can't even ride a loving horse without his retard saddle. Surprised she didn't just jump off a parapet. GRRM is showing us what he's doing to the whole Disney fantasy of a Prince and a Princess who live Happily Ever After. And every pretty girl he was too afraid to ask out.

I wonder if Baelish knocks her up in the books.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Having a dagger of one while all the cool kids have giant swords probably just makes him even more angry which is why he doesn't give a poo poo about it to the point that even Joffrey can get ahold of it and no one gives a poo poo.

It's Roberts, not Tywins. I don't think Robert gave a poo poo, it was Tywin that all hard for one. It's a not a big deal, and I hate to ding authors for those little inconsistencies. The character and plotlines evolve, and you can't really go back 10 years and rewrite that poo poo to make more sense. My favorite is still Tyrion doing a roll and a flip and then his soliloquy to Snow about bastards.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

kcroy posted:

part of me wondered if he would be the one to cut her down when she goes fire crazy.
He totally still can be that...

quote:

Also he's lost his nose by that point.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

A Typical Goon posted:

The only thing Selmy adds to Dany's plot in the book was telling her that the greenseer that Arya talks to in the riverlands once predicted that the Prince that was Promised would be a descendent of the Mad King.

Didn't Selmy serve as governor for Daenerys whole city for a long time while she was missing?

kcroy posted:

Found the dwarf

We prefer the term "vertically impaired"

kcroy posted:

Found the dwarf

Maybe they should have had Verne Troyer play Tyrion instead of notable sexbeast Peter Dinklage

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Amok's artwork of the various characters is canon as far as I'm concerned, simply amazing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They look bad.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Turn your monitor on.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They look bad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They look bad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's a bad look.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Cut off like Tyrion's nose.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Sansa is really supposed to be 11 something right?

I just watched the snowcastle scene at the Eyrie and watching this 20 something girl lose it because a child poked her snow tower is a bit hard to digest.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She's probably? 16 or so by then in the books, but yeah

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Was the beetle smashing story in the book? I don't remember it but it almost made me laugh out loud as Tyrion talked about the thousands of beetle husks haunting his dreams.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nah it's show only.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Katt posted:

Was the beetle smashing story in the book? I don't remember it but it almost made me laugh out loud as Tyrion talked about the thousands of beetle husks haunting his dreams.

It's a homage to/dig at GRRM directly from D&D.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

It's a homage to/dig at GRRM directly from D&D.

it was retarded. was it really an homage or some poo poo? did DD talk about it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kcroy posted:

it was retarded. was it really an homage or some poo poo? did DD talk about it?

Yeah. They said it was their little shout out to Jorge and his habit of killing characters (read: beetles) in large numbers and for little to no reason.

Smash da beetles.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah. They said it was their little shout out to Jorge and his habit of killing characters (read: beetles) in large numbers and for little to no reason.

Smash da beetles.

Is there a source for that? Everything I've read points to it being a reference to Orson Scott Card. (And the beetles from Enders Game)

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

She's probably? 16 or so by then in the books, but yeah

Surely you mean that she was a maid of three and ten.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
gently caress off, Birenne.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

considering how much of a dumbass my 13yo niece is it makes Sansa a bit more relatable.

still dumb as poo poo and grrm should have done the time skip because holy shoot it’s gross

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

TK-42-1 posted:

grrm should have done the time skip

Oh, he did.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

TK-42-1 posted:

considering how much of a dumbass my 13yo niece is it makes Sansa a bit more relatable.

still dumb as poo poo and grrm should have done the time skip because holy shoot it’s gross

Nothing gross has really happened to Sansa in the book at least. Blame D&D for that Ramsay poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Boonoo posted:

Surely you mean that she was a maid of three and ten.

I might be thinking of Dany lmbo