Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

kingdom hearts 3 owned

I should have clarified. They gave up developing and publishing games on their own. I can't remember where I read it, but they said it's the one industry they've never been able to get a good foothold in. Their just going to license from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Brother Entropy posted:

they're bringing ultimate alliance back

That's good!

quote:

but only on switch

that's bad

quote:

but it's developed by team ninja!

That's good!

quote:

Green Goblin is going to get ahold of an infinity stone somehow

...can I go now?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lol if you like video games but don't own a switch

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Equeen posted:

it's a bad joke, teagone

Geoff Johns has his fingers in all the stuff now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did something like that.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Every time someone writes Zach Snyder I think of Zatch Bell

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Brother Entropy posted:

lol if you like video games but don't own a switch

I'm sure it'd be very enjoyable if I had hands the size of of a 7 year olds.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Harime Nui posted:

Every time someone writes Zach Snyder I think of Zatch Bell

Snack Snyder :colbert:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Edward Mass posted:

Snack Snyder :colbert:

Zack Ryder.

Woo Woo Woo and away.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

There is something comforting to me that Disney has admitted defeat in the video game space.
It's because they likely:
A) lock down too much poo poo because it doesn't accurately reflect their vision/characters/etc

Or

B) have unrealistic expectations and just prefer to cut and run when the winds change slightly.

A) is funny because the very Excellent Capcom NES games were sometimes a little loose with the characters. And B? Well, just license the games to good devs and let the rest take care of itself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it just a coincidence that Captain Marvel and Shazam(aka also Captain Marvel) are coming out within a month of each other?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RatHat posted:

Is it just a coincidence that Captain Marvel and Shazam(aka also Captain Marvel) are coming out within a month of each other?

Yeah. Even weirder coincidence, they both share an actor.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Brother Entropy posted:

they're bringing ultimate alliance back

So? They had Marvel Heroes which was essentially Marvel Ultimate Alliance: The MMO and they tanked it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So? They had Marvel Heroes which was essentially Marvel Ultimate Alliance: The MMO and they tanked it.

bleh, Marvel Heroes was a significantly worse gameplay experience on top of the usual lovely MMO baggage. Like I started it exactly because I wanted an arcade super hero beat em up like the previous Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legacy titles and felt like I could deal with the usual MMO crap, but it did not deliver on part 1 of the premise. If they can bring it back to the feel of the earlier entries it'll be good, and if anyone can do that it's Team Ninja

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The head of the company behind Marvel Heroes ended up being a huge pedophile.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That wasn’t Marvel’s fault. Gazillion(the dev) was hilariously incompetent.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jimbot posted:

TELL THAT TO FREDDIE'S BROKEN LEG!

Speaking of which, I was surprised when I came across this Instagram post. Only goons use this quote as far as I know.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BojnsloA071/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19xtyk495znb

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Green Goblin is going to get ahold of an infinity stone somehow

Osborn getting one doesn't seem any weirder than a bunch of the people in the films whose hands the stones have passed through. Someone having the Tesseract doesn't even seem special anymore.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

That wasn’t Marvel’s fault. Gazillion(the dev) was hilariously incompetent.

although towards the end marvel wasn't exactly helping with poo poo like 'hey no more buying f4 characters, if you don't already have them you'll never get to play them'

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm sure it'd be very enjoyable if I had hands the size of of a 7 year olds.

Thus is a stupid post and you’re stupid for making this post.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Alright settle down there stubby

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a dumb post for several reasons

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh wow you mean I can spend more money to make my 300 dollar toy actually useable? That's amazing lmfao

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of which, I was surprised when I came across this Instagram post. Only goons use this quote as far as I know.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BojnsloA071/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19xtyk495znb

I like to use it because it's such a hilariously stupid line thought up, in earnest, to "correct" Batman v Superman in which they immediately tried to back-peddle saying it was a joke.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

FilthyImp posted:

And B? Well, just license the games to good devs and let the rest take care of itself.

come on, considering how much of a grip they have on creative control for the MCU, you know they would never do that

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oh wow you mean I can spend more money to make my 300 dollar toy actually useable? That's amazing lmfao

you already have to spend money to make your 300 dollar toy usable because the games are sold separately?

is the concept of loss leading a mystery to you or

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I can palm a basketball and have no issues with the switch controller. :cool:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The MSJ posted:

I never noticed that Supes says “Bruce, please, I was wrong. You have to listen to me. Lex wants to...” Followed by Batman trying to overwhelm him with a sound based attack.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I'm glad Disney found a working formula for their movies, now if only they found a way to release good video games based off their properties...

square-enix has crystal dynamics working on an as-of-yet-untitled avengers game and has been for a while

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Congrats. You're a loving idiot.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Mordiceius posted:

Congrats. You're a loving idiot.

Very strange reaction to a minor joke, perhaps don't take minor digs against the Switch personally

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

I never noticed that Supes says “Bruce, please, I was wrong. You have to listen to me. Lex wants to...” Followed by Batman trying to overwhelm him with a sound based attack.

Fun fact, in the comic, Bruce can see Clark trying to talk to him, but he can't hear it, because his metal cowl is sound proofed to protect him from the sound blast.
It's entirely possible Znyderbats didn't hear a word Snyderman said

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Batman can read lips, he just didn't give a poo poo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's funny that EA has Star Wars, and they have Bioware, and they chose to make Bioware make a Destiny ripoff and sit on the Star Wars license.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

kingdom hearts 3 owned

What no it doesn't. It's a game made entirely of bad and too long cutscenes (the fighting is also based on winning by interactive cutscene). The only "good" parts are watching scenes from Disney movies over again.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's funny that EA has Star Wars, and they have Bioware, and they chose to make Bioware make a Destiny ripoff and sit on the Star Wars license.

Bioware Austin already made Old Republic, and even the expansions for it aren't great.

Also they've got a new game coming (probably?) out this year from Respawn.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lobok posted:

Osborn getting one doesn't seem any weirder than a bunch of the people in the films whose hands the stones have passed through. Someone having the Tesseract doesn't even seem special anymore.

They did a What If issue about Osborn getting the Infinity Gauntlet and it was amazing. At first he uses it for world domination and to torture Spider-Man. Then he pulls his abusive father out of the past to show off how much of a success he is. His dad is understandably freaked out and calls him a monster. Osborn reacts by making him love him via the Gauntlet.

Thanos shows up to fight Osborn for the Gauntlet and fails, but brings up how forcing someone to love you is bullshit and isn't real love. Realizing that his father will never truly love him, he vanishes his dad from history out of frustration.

Then he suddenly realizes, OH WAIT, and ceases to exist, leaving the Gauntlet to float around space.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gavok posted:

They did a What If issue about Osborn getting the Infinity Gauntlet and it was amazing. At first he uses it for world domination and to torture Spider-Man. Then he pulls his abusive father out of the past to show off how much of a success he is. His dad is understandably freaked out and calls him a monster. Osborn reacts by making him love him via the Gauntlet.

Thanos shows up to fight Osborn for the Gauntlet and fails, but brings up how forcing someone to love you is bullshit and isn't real love. Realizing that his father will never truly love him, he vanishes his dad from history out of frustration.

Then he suddenly realizes, OH WAIT, and ceases to exist, leaving the Gauntlet to float around space.

That is amazing.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Very strange reaction to a minor joke, perhaps don't take minor digs against the Switch personally

Getting super defensive of the Switch is very dumb but "you need baby hands to play this" is like a 2001-era "xbox is huge lol" level joke, and should probably stay on reddit or the ign boards or wherever else

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
console wars are a nice respite from thinly veiled marvel/dc sniping

speaking of, when should the endgame PR hype machine start spinning up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

That is amazing.

Hell, it's better than what they've 'really' done with Osborne a bunch of times.