Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
only scum share campfire stories.

##vote teland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I've got the graham crackers they're with the rest of the smore's fixins. Thanks for sharing!

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

CapitalistPig posted:

Only scum hate campfire stories.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Teland posted:

Only scum hate campfire stories.

I never once said I hated it. I just said only scum tell them.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I guess I'm lucky that my sadbrains downerfest/manic resume slinging on indeed hasn't caused me to miss anything of particular import

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote teland

This is blatant dramatic bitch erasure

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
What kind of stories do normal people tell then?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sniper4625 posted:

What kind of stories do normal people tell then?

idk but town people don't tell stories. It's right there in the rules.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

ok fess up why is everyone asleep in front of the campfire

did someone spike the bug juice with sleeping pills

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i guess if i'm gonna whine about no posts i should make a post with content in it so i may as well make a gut call

said gut call is that i don't like cpig's joke, it feels forced to me and imo scum are more likely to force random bullshit early in the game

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

idk but town people don't tell stories. It's right there in the rules.

specifically it's this post that made me not like it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

specifically it's this post that made me not like it

Why are you so scared to vote me if you don't like it?

It's a joke to make people talk since nothing is happening.

We have to get things moving along somehow.

I mean it's pretty pathetic in a mafia game when you and I are the top two posters.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
deadline is tonight and not a single person has made the required 10 game related posts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I agree this is shameful

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think chic is probably town, and cpig is too, maybe you should both vote MMT

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
And to get something, anything started.

I am going to start here.

##vote chic

Is throwing shade at me about my joke being forced, yeah its forced, I'm trying to force us to do something.

She can't even back it up with a vote.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think chic is probably town, and cpig is too, maybe you should both vote MMT

MMT is a bad vote. What's the case?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

MMT is a bad vote. What's the case?

What’s the case on anyone? I mean other than the one you just made on chic which is basically a case on the only person who made an actual game related post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Teland posted:

MMT seems to have been picked at random. On the other hand...

Not a very robust defense.

This is a powerful MMT case

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Incandenza posted:

What’s the case on anyone? I mean other than the one you just made on chic which is basically a case on the only person who made an actual game related post

MMT has only made 1 post the entire game. Why not wait until the anti lurking rules take care of her?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

MMT has only made 1 post the entire game. Why not wait until the anti lurking rules take care of her?

That’s fair.

I like to be the hand of justice though

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Why are you so scared to vote me if you don't like it?

It's a joke to make people talk since nothing is happening.

We have to get things moving along somehow.

I mean it's pretty pathetic in a mafia game when you and I are the top two posters.

It's called "tiredly posting at 1am"

Also nice OMGUS there pal

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

to clarify I am gonna vote CPig but gently caress doing it on my phone

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have awakened!

I too don't like the cpig joke, but more I don't like the immediate throwing shade on Chic for giving a real opinion while using the excuse that he's just trying to get conversation started too.

##vote cpig

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Maybe one day I will pick up the knack of what jokeposting is in good fun and what jokeposting is a d1 scumtell it's an arcane art.

Anyway, would scum so blatantly try to get the ball rolling with an early finger? Or would that get them the so sought "townie cred?" True questions for the scholars. But if it's good enough for my old buddy Asiina

##vote cpig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Excellent.

All these really bad votes piling up on me.

I'm VT but please go ahead.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

the excuse that he's just trying to get conversation started too.

How is it an excuse when it worked?

No one was doing anything and deadline is tonight and not a single person had the 10 required posts. Pretty sad.

Now everyone is talking about how scummy I am, definite improvement. You're welcome.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote sniper

sniper4625 posted:

Maybe one day I will pick up the knack of what jokeposting is in good fun and what jokeposting is a d1 scumtell it's an arcane art.

Anyway, would scum so blatantly try to get the ball rolling with an early finger? Or would that get them the so sought "townie cred?" True questions for the scholars. But if it's good enough for my old buddy Asiina

##vote cpig

the worst of the current votes on me.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

How is it an excuse when it worked?

No one was doing anything and deadline is tonight and not a single person had the 10 required posts. Pretty sad.

Now everyone is talking about how scummy I am, definite improvement. You're welcome.

:thunk:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Excellent.

All these really bad votes piling up on me.

I'm VT but please go ahead.

I know this is a small game but you have two votes + a promised vote when I can log on on a computer

This is painfully scummy my dude

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

gently caress it I'm not waiting ##vote CPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

I know this is a small game but you have two votes + a promised vote when I can log on on a computer

that would put me at -2 in spirit so, Nah.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

That said I do agree that the second part of snipers post is weird af

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am almost certain that one or both of the scum are voting me currently.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

Thinking more about this post it's pretty bad.

-2 in a game where it only takes 5 votes to lunch and there are two scum makes claiming at that time a pretty good idea since all it takes is 2 scum to rush in and vote.

So you know, decidedly not "painfully scummy" "my dude"

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I freely admit it's not a very strong post but to be honest I don't really have anything to go off at this point - I don't particularly think anyone leaps out as scummy based on joke responses to joke posts, so my options are either "hop on the bandwagon" or "no cuddle," and I usually lean against the latter.

I will say now I'm normal boring vanilla town so when my inevitable unintentional scumminess gets me the boot I can at least look back and say "I told you so." :smith:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sniper4625 posted:

my options are either "hop on the bandwagon" or "no cuddle,"

I mean, we still have almost 12 hours so another option is "talk about things since there is still time."

There is some good information to go off of now. For example, what do you think about that chic post I just quoted?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

I freely admit it's not a very strong post but to be honest I don't really have anything to go off at this point - I don't particularly think anyone leaps out as scummy based on joke responses to joke posts, so my options are either "hop on the bandwagon" or "no cuddle," and I usually lean against the latter.

I will say now I'm normal boring vanilla town so when my inevitable unintentional scumminess gets me the boot I can at least look back and say "I told you so." :smith:

I don't like this post either!!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Random claim + boo hoo I can't form my own opinions on D1

Hmm.....bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean, we still have almost 12 hours so another option is "talk about things since there is still time."

There is some good information to go off of now. For example, what do you think about that chic post I just quoted?

Fair enough, ##unvote.

At the moment, the worst I can say is that Chic is subject to the same desire for a speedy flip that I suffered from. Otherwise it seems straightforward - early bandwagon forms, correct or not you're compelled to defend yourself, and considering the pressures of the situation in a manner that others, Chic specifically, seize upon as scummy. Otherwise there hasn't been really enough activity (myself included) to make any truly definitive statements, so I guess I should thank you for getting the ball rolling.